SOOOOOO Slow

Mommy2BnB

Mouseketeer
Why is this site soooo slow?!? I have a cable modem and should not have this much trouble loading pages. It is ridiculous. I have to hit the Stop button and reload at least 10 times to get a page to load at all. Anyone else having these problems? I don't have this problem with any other site but this one.

i frequently have this problem too. It has just speeded up slightly but all day today & yesterday it was taking at least 5 minutes to open a thread!

Very annoying :(

IMO it's just the nature of the beast. If the site is having a lot of traffic, it's going to be slow. There is just no other answer. this forum software is a huge database hog and it will just come to a crawl at some points..
At least my opinion :)

IMO it's just the nature of the beast. If the site is having a lot of traffic, it's going to be slow. There is just no other answer. this forum software is a huge database hog and it will just come to a crawl at some points..
At least my opinion :)

^This right here has to be correct.

With that being said though, are there any plans to update??

It's soooo annoying. I actually load a page go do something else and come back to see if it's loaded. I was thinking it was just me...

Anyway to improve the speed??

It seems to be a bit better today. I think it was extremely slow yesterday. I end up just leaving the site or like you, I do something in between but give up fast. It's only this site so I bounce elsewhere until it speeds up again.

I was hopeful that there would be new servers and things would speed up, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Too bad I am addicted to the DIS.

It is slow and of all the time. Sometimes I wonder with so many members if they give us all turns in slowing us down one way or another. Do you mean by servers that it can't handle the traffic here?

Are you still at the BW Jean?

It is slow and of all the time. Sometimes I wonder with so many members if they give us all turns in slowing us down one way or another. Do you mean by servers that it can't handle the traffic here?

Are you still at the BW Jean?

I am home and it was -11° this morning, our first real taste of winter this year. WDW will be about 80° for the next week. My timing is a bit off! :rotfl:
I know nothing about these tech things but I thought I had read that new servers were coming. I am probably wrong. It is just annoying to have the DIS be so slow but if my life is so easy that slow DIS is even on my radar, I guess I am a pretty lucky lady! :thumbsup2

Wow, this board is beyond slow. It is my home page but is so incredibly slow that I might have to change it! I hope not! It's been my home page for several years! What is going on? :confused3

I am finding it very slow to not sure why it is as other company's can cope like Facebook twitter bet there is more on that server at anyone time hope you can sort it out very soon thanks

Beyond slow - have not been able to get on all afternoon :(

Really, what is going on.

This is ridiculous. It takes me more than a minute for any action. This morning, I lost all my latest read bookmarks when I got the server is busy message. Time to upgrade the servers.

Agreed. Painfully slow here. Its getting so I'm thinking of finding another place to get my WDW fix.

FYI, In another thread (on the Community Board), Webmaster Alex mentioned they are having problems with the hosting company they are using getting their new servers up and running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter