sooo disappointed....

Looks like they have corrected the points on that contract

There are a couple of other contracts there that look comparable.

I would find a new contract...there are soooo many right now. I purchased the same exact configuration from another broker and we paid $66 per point but we are paying closing an MF's for this year....but we are still in ROFR. I got bummed because a contract I just had to have didn't work out, then this one came along.

I think you either renegotiate or move on...check the other brokers too :) Best of luck to you!

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and advise. I renegotiated and said I wanted $1500 (a little more than $11 a point for the discrepancy) off of the purchase price with all other terms the same to continue with the sale. The sellers agreed so we are moving forward. It works out to be about $60 pp. So now we're off to ROFR. Thanks again everyone.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and advise. I renegotiated and said I wanted $1500 (a little more than $11 a point for the discrepancy) off of the purchase price with all other terms the same to continue with the sale. The sellers agreed so we are moving forward. It works out to be about $60 pp. So now we're off to ROFR. Thanks again everyone.
Good negotiating and good luck. Hope after all this, you get through ROFR quickly!

Hope you make it through ROFR- GL:)- I'm currently trying to pass a SSR for $61/ point w/ no 2011 points! Seller pays closing and 2013 maint fees-). I paid $3/ point more than I had originally negotiated because I've lost two SSR contracts recently- hope I pass this time as I will need no more points!

Best of luck with ROFR and I think you are getting a good deal with this contract. Hope everything else goes smoothly.

Don't let your feelings have anything to do with your decision. Things like this happen, sellers back out after signing contracts, ask for more money after making a verbal agreement, basically with resale anything and everything can happen. Think of this as a new contract and would you want it?

So right now is it 37 banked 2011 points, 160 2012 points and 160 2013 points for $68.75 with seller paying closing and MF?

If so, you are still getting 357 points that you are not paying MF on, how much is that worth to you? You could always ask for a reduction in price and see what the seller says. Then compare that to what is out there now and decide if you still want it.

Good advice Doug,i totally agree.Lionqueen good luck on whatever you decide.

Hope you make it through ROFR- GL:)- I'm currently trying to pass a SSR for $61/ point w/ no 2011 points! Seller pays closing and 2013 maint fees-). I paid $3/ point more than I had originally negotiated because I've lost two SSR contracts recently- hope I pass this time as I will need no more points!

So Bummed- Found out this morning that even w/ my increased offer Disney still bought it back:(.

So sorry. :o( How many points did it have? Doesn't give my much hope for ours :o(

It was a 300 point Dec use year- I thought maybe I'd be safe w/ it being a larger contract! Broker had me sign a contract amendment a few days ago stating that the 2012 points had been banked- I took it as a sign in my favor but no such luck!

Good Luck w/ yours! What are the details of your contract?

SSR 150, sept uy. we pay everything. $63 pp, we paid $3 over asking. not that that'll help, but we thought $60 was too low & would be taken back for sure. SOOOOOO nervous!! went on the 20th.

SSR 150, sept uy. we pay everything. $63 pp, we paid $3 over asking. not that that'll help, but we thought $60 was too low & would be taken back for sure. SOOOOOO nervous!! went on the 20th.

I wouldn't give up all hope, especially since you offered more plus paid all fees- wish I would have offered a couple bucks more! Good Luck to you!

Mine was SSR 150, Dec UY. No points until Dec '13. $62pp and I pay closing, they pay the rest. I sent in on Mar 6th but haven't heard yet. :confused3

From reading lately, it looks like Disney is buying back quite a few properties where the seller is paying the closing fees and maintenance.

Mine was SSR 150, Dec UY. No points until Dec '13. $62pp and I pay closing, they pay the rest. I sent in on Mar 6th but haven't heard yet. :confused3

We are selling a SSR 130 Oct UY no points until Oct. 63.00 PP buyer payes everything and it went to ROFR on 3/2 we found out Disney waived ROFR on 3/27 - so any day now good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter