Something that really bugged me about our last trip

LvsTnk

Home is AKV&BLT
This has been on my mind since we got back. First, we had a great trip, DS was fine with the rides he was able to do because of broken virtebrae, and I think all the time in the pool did him some good. Now, this is what I had a hard time with. You know how you line up for alot of the shows behind the door where the Handicapped row will be? Well, then they tell you that the door will open and move all the way down to the last seat in the row. I can't tell you how many times the first person in would pick the seat in the middle of the row! Ever try to get 2 wheelchairs past each other in one of those narrow rows? It really made me take notice on how things work if you don't follow directions. The sad thing was the people who were doing this could have cared less! Sorry to vent, now maybe I can move on LOL!

You are apparently a much more patient person then I am. I would have said to those people blocking my way “get up and move to the end as instructed.” If they failed to move, I would have run their feet over with the wheels of the chair smiling the entire time of course. We had this happen to us a few times on our last trip back in October. I would not crawl over those people but would instead say, “what part of those instructions did you not understand?” They always got up and moved to the end of the aisle filling in all spaces.:D

I agree. Sometimes it is necessary to be abrupt with people who are rude. They may interpret this as rudeness on your part, but the bystanders will support you.

I find that I go around angry all the time because of things like that. Since our son has gotten older the starring has gotten worse, and boy am I tired of it! Time to start saying what's on my mind (politely) and let it go! Thanks for pointing that out! :)

Dh and I were to WDW without our kids just a few weeks ago, so we were just average people, not special needs in any way. We found a lot of rudeness in general. Things like people stopping in the middle of any row and making people go past them (so they wouldn't have to give up the prime seats). We also noticed the talking in some of the preshows and shows was so loud that you could not even hear the show.

I have to agree with you Sue. We were at the Tarzan Rocks Show and
the CM was asking everyone move down the row. Well, this family would not
move and the CM asked them if they were saving seats, they started screaming
at the CM. One family took up 1/2 a row, rediculous. These types of things happened tthroughout our trip. It does help our kids to see these things and know how it is to act appropriately.

a different perspective ... At shows requiring 3D glasses I need to sit in the middle of a row preferably towards the back in order to see. For some reason if I sit towards an end, everything is blurry & hurts my eyes. We try to wait until several guests have gone into the row & hopefully we can sit near the middle of a row. As for "non-#D glasses" shows, I prefer the end seats. If I get there early, then I should be able to choose where to sit. I don't mind getting up & stepping aside to let guests get into the row.

I would be the first to say you never know what is going on in someones life.
This concerned the rows with wheelchairs, getting up and moving was not an
option, and it happened alot. I also think screaming at CM's is unacceptable. I
do appreciate your post it gave me something to think about, like keeping my
shut, as I have been LOL! :)

I can see there are reasons someone might need the middle seats in a row. the original post was about wheelchair users who stop in the middle of the row, not leaving room for other wheelchair users to get around them. Since the number of wheelchair seats is usually limited, that makes it really hard for others to get a place.
I was the one who mentioned people in general going to the middle of the row and stopping. I should have made it clear that I meant those who are the first ones in a row (after the CM says "Go all the way to the end of the row") and then make no effort to let others get by them. I don't have a problem with people who do what they can to let others by them. It does slow things up and would be better if they were not the first in the row. My problem is with the people who camp there and won't even move their legs so you can go by them. I have seen cases where people have gone to the front of the theater and entered the row from the other side because one party just would not let anyone by.

I agree, the people who can move, should be moving all the way to the end, like the CMs tell you.

In our case, we have to sit where the CM tells us, sometimes middle or off to the side a bit in order for DH to be able to use the RC features. On our trip last year a couple was completely oblivious & wanted me & DS to move so they could sit in the center of the Country Bears show. Once they saw the RC come on, they didn't even watch the show they were so caught up in the words. Weird!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter