Something Borrowed, Blue, COLD & New - A Disney Wedding Extravaganza! Update: 11/15 (pg. 15)

Aw, so sorry about your uncle's accident. And during your wedding week too! What a bunch of emotions it must have been for your family. :hug:

Glad you were able to at least enjoy the rest of your day. I too knock my ears around on RnRC! I have to take off my earrings if I'm wearing any because...ouch!
I've also lost my magic band twice on the ride! I think the friction of the handlebars undid the magic band and it flew off. Once they were able to recover it and once they did not. It was a limited edition R2 D2 one too! But luckily I bought a backup lol. Now with the AP clasp it doesn't come off, whew!

I think I remember you sharing about this, maybe on FB or a different TR? In any case, such a horrible tragedy, and during what should have been the highest of highs for you and Luke. So sorry you had to go through that pain.

:hug:

LOL, I ate most of my snack box the following night around 6 p.m. before going to bed in preparation of another early wake up for the 10K. Talk about dinner of champions!!!! :)

Haha! Sounds like a great dinner to me!

Such awful news. :(
I'm so sorry that happened. Both to your Uncle and to your family.

Thank you!

That looks delicious! And... will take note of the microwave tip.

Just a few seconds in the microwave is enough to slightly melt the caramel and make it super gooey - so good!

While you guys look great... why do you consider them your faves?

I'm honestly not sure... I've just always liked those pictures....

Oh, no.... You poor thing. :sad1:

I'm typically not an emotional person at all! But I guess that day was just too much.

:laughing: So glad you loved it.

Me too! I wish it was longer!

:laughing: That video was fun. See what you mean!

I find half the fun of Tower of Terror are the other people on the elevator with you.

Once on a California trip, we rode TOT pretty late at night (this was back when it still was TOT and not Guardians), and the cast member loading the elevator asked if it was anyone's first time riding - it wasn't. So we had this entire elevator filled with locals/frequent visitors and it still stands out as one of the most memorable rides I've ever been on. Everyone was laughing, no one was scared and every single person was just having a good time <3

That is horrible!!! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that right before the wedding!

Thank you! It was a very emotional time!

Nope, that happens to me too. And really why it's not my favorite ride. I always debate skipping it for that reason.

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one!

I TOTALLY agree! Guardians is just so much fun!

I love that it launches you upwards, and it's just so much fun!

Aw, so sorry about your uncle's accident. And during your wedding week too! What a bunch of emotions it must have been for your family. :hug:

Thank you!

Glad you were able to at least enjoy the rest of your day. I too knock my ears around on RnRC! I have to take off my earrings if I'm wearing any because...ouch!

It's always my right ear that hurts the most on RnRc, which is the side with my industrial piercing - which I can't remove.

I've also lost my magic band twice on the ride! I think the friction of the handlebars undid the magic band and it flew off. Once they were able to recover it and once they did not. It was a limited edition R2 D2 one too! But luckily I bought a backup lol. Now with the AP clasp it doesn't come off, whew!

Oh no! I'm always scared of losing things on that ride!

January 5, 2018 - Part Three

After dropping by the Hollywood Tower hotel, we decided we needed a snack. The location for this seems to change on each trip, but Luke knew where to go on this trip to get the famous Carrot Cake Cookie! According to the picture I have of the receipt, it was at Beverly Sunset? I’m fairly certain that’s a store that sells Pixar merchandise these days, but apparently they sold snacks at one point? Maybe they still do – can anyone confirm or deny this?

I took a picture of this just because I thought it was ridiculous – but I don’t think I’d actually enjoy it…

IMG_9773.jpg

Anyways, we bought a carrot cake cookie to share, a bottle of Coke for me and a coffee for Luke. We saved 20% with my Annual Pass, so our total was $8.33. We found a table to sit at outside where we enjoyed our treat – we had time to kill before our third fastpass.

IMG_9776.jpg

It doesn’t look pretty, but these are so good! The “cookie” part is a carrot cake, slightly firm on the outside but nice and soft on the inside. The centre is a cream-cheese style icing (like a traditional carrot cake). We really enjoy these, and actually included them on our wedding day. I just wish they didn’t have stupid raisins – but not to worry, I do some surgery and remove them all before eating haha.

We still had some time before our third and final Fastpass, so we decided to head over to the Star Wars Launch Bay.

IMG_9778.jpg

We decided to go visit BB-8, which was weird. You go in and stand beside a robot that beeps at you and moves its head… I guess I’m just not a fan of the non-living character meets?

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_407752583687.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_407752583688.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_407752583690.jpg

As we were leaving the Launch Bay area, I spotted a popcorn bucket that I needed in my life! As I was buying it, the Cast Member asked me if I was going to give him a name, and if so, what was it? After brainstorming with the cast member for a few seconds, I decided on Frederick… so everyone, meet Frederick the AT-AT <3. Yes - this was over three years ago. Yes - I still have this. Yes - we still refer to him as Frederick, and he was on our Star Wars tree earlier this year haha.

IMG_3002.jpg

Luke took that picture of me after we had walked over to use our third Fastpass of the day at Star Tours. We stopped to watch Jedi Training for a few minutes, I really hope that’s something that still exists when Jocelyn is old enough for it! It’s so cute, and some of the kids are so hilarious, and are so into it!

803B692C-9D6E-4F36-B21A-B59B88D8C313.jpg

IMG_9780.jpg

After Star Tours, we said hello to Gertie and admired her Santa hat haha, before heading out of the park.

IMG_9785.jpg

IMG_9786.jpg

I took a picture of Frederick the AT-AT sitting on my lap on the bus haha – I took lots of pictures of all the adventures he had that day haha – just wait for the next part of this trip report!

IMG_9787.jpg

I'm honestly not sure... I've just always liked those pictures....
And that's an excellent reason! :)
I'm typically not an emotional person at all! But I guess that day was just too much.
:hug:
I find half the fun of Tower of Terror are the other people on the elevator with you.
Yes! ::yes::
Once on a California trip, we rode TOT pretty late at night (this was back when it still was TOT and not Guardians), and the cast member loading the elevator asked if it was anyone's first time riding - it wasn't. So we had this entire elevator filled with locals/frequent visitors and it still stands out as one of the most memorable rides I've ever been on. Everyone was laughing, no one was scared and every single person was just having a good time <3
:goodvibes

Luke knew where to go on this trip to get the famous Carrot Cake Cookie!
I have purchased one... but never eaten one.
I bought one but was so full that just the thought of eating it was making me ill. (We had the DDP that time.)
I kept it for the next day, but was still too full to eat it. By the next day... I thought "It's been sitting, unrefrigerated, for 2 days now... cream cheese icing..."
It got tossed.
I took a picture of this just because I thought it was ridiculous – but I don’t think I’d actually enjoy it…
That thing's huge! I might try it, but... only if someone else bought it and offered me a taste.
I just wish they didn’t have stupid raisins – but not to worry, I do some surgery and remove them all before eating haha.
:lmao:
We decided to go visit BB-8, which was weird. You go in and stand beside a robot that beeps at you and moves its head… I guess I’m just not a fan of the non-living character meets?
He is too alive!!!

Well... sorta... In spirit...
so everyone, meet Frederick the AT-AT
:wave:
Yes - this was over three years ago. Yes - I still have this. Yes - we still refer to him as Frederick, and he was on our Star Wars tree earlier this year haha.
:laughing: Good!!
We stopped to watch Jedi Training for a few minutes, I really hope that’s something that still exists when Jocelyn is old enough for it!
::yes:: You have to!
Frederick senior.
I took a picture of Frederick the AT-AT sitting on my lap on the bus haha – I took lots of pictures of all the adventures he had that day haha – just wait for the next part of this trip report!
:laughing: Okay! Standing by!

I just wish they didn’t have stupid raisins

My Soul sister

but I don’t think I’d actually enjoy it…

What demons are they making over there! YUCK! No WAY!

I guess I’m just not a fan of the non-living character meets?

I totally agree with this. They should put him in the queue for a picture spot. like the rest of the robots in Galaxy edge!

Yes - this was over three years ago. Yes - I still have this. Yes - we still refer to him as Frederick, and he was on our Star Wars tree earlier this year haha.

this is so amazing,,. I cannot control my excitement over this guy!

I really hope that’s something that still exists when Jocelyn is old enough for it! It’s so cute, and some of the kids are so hilarious, and are so into it!

I have a feeling they will keep this around for decades..

I took lots of pictures of all the adventures he had that day haha – just wait for the next part of this trip report!

I am SO excited to hear about Fredrick's adventure. and honestly he is BIG! so much bigger then i had thought!

I kept one of my Christmas trees up this year, and have been switching up the theme of it…it was valentines, then St. Patrick’s, then Easter, then Star Wars (for May the Fourth). You can see Frederick the AT-AT on the tree behind my daughter :rotfl:View attachment 584051

Your daughter is beautiful! should be in movies!

the tree is awesome!! glad Fredrick is in the family photos!

Ooofff.....so.....I was behind. :rotfl2:

Though it didn't feel quite as bad with you since I feel slightly more up-to-date on your life in general, since I've at least been able to follow along with you and Luke some on Facebook. But still. Anyway. I made it back here! Eventually!

I really enjoy the walking trails at Animal Kingdom. It’s a great, leisurely way to see more animals up close.

Me too! :)

I’m including this one because it makes me laugh – I think the photopass photographer might need a bit more training since we were clearly standing still here hahaha

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407652552731.jpg

:rotfl:#ThanksPhotopass

After our Dinoland photoshoot, we decided we wanted to sit down for a bit, so we headed over to check out Nomad Lounge, which we loved!

We're also bigs fans of the Nomad Lounge! One of our favourite respites from the business of the park.

00BE4F22-6BFE-48F2-A28A-A1EF2A10E56D.jpeg

The show was really cute! Festival of the Lion King is still my favourite show at Animal Kingdom, but I can’t believe it took us until our third trip to actually go see Nemo – we’ll definitely go see this again (although that didn’t happen on trip #4 or trip #5….)

My favourite show! (You probably already know that.) Glad you got to see it! We also love Festival of the Lion King (I think that's still Nathan's favourite,) but Nemo just does it for me. I actually just listened to the whole soundtrack again this morning on the treadmill. :laughing:

we got into line and waited over 20 minutes before ordering a coffee for Luke, and a hot chocolate for me.

I only quoted this because I was impressed with Luke's coffee drinking. I can't drink a coffee any time after basically lunch time or I'll be up half the night. :laughing:

Anyone remember this trip report? :scared: The trip itself happened over 3 years ago, and I haven't even updated anything in over a year - but I'm still going to try and finish it, even if it's just for myself! Hopefully some of you are still interested...

Seeing as I only just finished our anniversary trip from 3 years ago, I'm definitely not judging!

But, we’re at Disney, so sleeping in just meant we were up by 8am instead of 6:30am haha.

Amen!

We walked around the Expo itself, checking out a few booths. One spot was handing out boxes of instant potatoes, and this was the funniest thing in the world to me – see picture below hahahaha.

Wait, what!?!? I didn't notice that. That's hilarious!

After entering Epcot through the International Gateway, we stopped in Canada to watch the band. They were playing some Great Big Sea

Excellent choice. :goodvibes

Our destination – our third Fastpass selection of the day! It’s rare for us to make a Fastpass this late in the day, but we had scheduled it to coincide with meeting another couple – my first true DisMeet! We were meeting up with Meghan and Nathan at the Character Spot (Mickey, Minnie and Goofy).

I'm so glad I tuned back in to this report just in time to read the update about our Dismeet! That was a great meet, and I'm so glad we hit it off and have been able to keep in touch here and there since then.

Meghan and I had met on the Disboards, an online Disney forum – but we both came from the same small province, had both attended the same University (just a few years apart) and we both had our weddings through DFTW with the Escape package (which is something not even offered anymore). Conversation was easy, and before we knew it we were at the front of the line.

It was amazing how much we, two complete strangers, had in common! And that we lived so close for years, went to the same school a few years apart, and had to travel all the way to Florida to finally meet! :lmao:I sometimes struggle with Dismeets because I find it a little challenging to meet new people for the first time, but you and Luke were such a treat and made it easy!

This next picture cracks me up – sorry Meghan for sharing it! We both look so awkward and unsure of what to do haha –

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689751454.jpg

ahaha this is such an awkward picture! Another #ThanksPhotopass moment for sure!

Before meeting Minnie, I apparently changed my hat?

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407690124097.jpg

Ooh yes, somehow I actually remember this! You had a Minnie hat with you, so I remember you doing a little quick change while you waited to meet her so the two of you would match. I also think it's hilarious how in this photo the couples have switched up, so now you and I are a couple, and Nathan and Luke are an item! :laughing:

before stopping at Club Cool to sample some Coca-Cola products from around the world (RIP Club Cool!)

Club Cool. Always missed, never forgotten. :love: (Though I saw the comments after this that it was apparently coming back this summer!)

I ended up missing the last two steps on the stairs (facepalm). I didn’t fall down, but I definitely hurt something – impeccable timing the night before a runDisney event.

So unfortunate! Right before your race! :sad2:

Nice! I've almost met her, and now she seems to have fallen off the DIS.

:lmao: Fall off, I did!

Not so fast! It's coming back this summer!

I didn't realize Club Cool was supposed to come back!? Did it ever happen? Is it still supposed to? I was so sad to hear it was closing.

I handed over my phone to get a photo with that, but I also downloaded the photos taken by Photopass – what a difference! The cast members using your phone don’t zoom or anything – it’s not difficult to tell which photo is which –

SUCH a big difference! And you had really cute character photos!

They also looked much better when we tried them at home, we weren’t expecting it to be so cold!

Yes, that was SUCH a cold morning. A good portion of that trip was super cold, but that morning...getting up early to run...soooo [literally] freezing. I seem to remember it was about -1C when I checked on my phone a while before we started running.

you can see the pain on my face in a few of these pictures

:sad1: So sorry you were in such rough shape after your injury. You were a real trooper to stick with it.

we did get to meet Jiminy Cricket, vacation Genie

Vacation Genie was such a highlight for me :)

I forgot that you and Luke had done this 5K the same year I did with Arianna!! We planned poorly, there should definitely have been a DIS meet that trip!

Yes, we should have all had a mini-Epic-meet! This was back in the days before the Epicness began and we all knew each other better. (I feel like I know everyone better, even though I had to miss out on the Epic trip!) I feel like if this happened again in future, we'd definitely have a group Dismeet planned.

As we entered the queue line, a cast member stopped me – and handed me the red card! I was the chosen one! It’s kind of stupid how excited I get about this thing haha –

Haha it makes me excited, too!

We had tossed around a few ideas for actual bags to put everything into, but we had already gone over our budget for welcome bags so we ended up just asking for extra Disney parks bags at a gift shop earlier in the week, and once we explained what they were for there was no issue giving us a stack of them. Score!

That's awesome! We just went with paper bags which were pretty cheap, and I like the idea of Disney parks bags even better! Nice that they gifted them to you.

I laid everything out on the spare bed, separated by person/couple – turns out we had a lot more than I thought we did for these bags!

IMG_9752.jpg

Wow! You guys did great! Our bags definitely didn't have as much great stuff in them! We also didn't do shirts for everyone, just offered them the chance to order if they wanted their own. Your stuff looked great!

There was a single text message from my Mom, that was timestamped from the middle of the night – “Call me when you wake up.” I immediately knew it wasn’t good news, so with my heart sinking I called her.

I can only imagine how your heart must have dropped when you got this message. I'm so sorry this happened. I know you and your uncle were very close. Some of the best and worst memories for you on this trip.

hese are actually some of my favourite photos of Luke and I from this trip (you know, excluding our wedding photos haha) –

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_407744693261.jpg

These were great photos! Sometimes you and the photopass photographer and the day and everything all just aligns for great shots. :)

At one point she mentioned maybe cancelling altogether so she could stay with my uncle, and I believe I responded with something along the lines of “that’s fine. If you stay home I’ll never forgive you for missing my wedding.” (emotions were high, I felt bad after I said it – but I just wanted my Mommy at my wedding).

I'm sure everyone's emotions were running high. I can only imagine, but I'm sure I would have felt the same way and probably said the same thing. Such a horrible time and such hard decisions to make, but at the end of the day she was your mom and one of the most important people to be there for you on your wedding day.

I was adamant that I would not get on Tower of Terror, the idea of it terrified me. I could see how disappointed Luke was, so I sucked it up and told him I’d try it once – turns out I loved it and we never miss it now haha.

You're braver than I am! I MIIIIIIIGGHHTT have tried it if I weren't worried about it bothering my head/motion sickness with my brain condition, but that's still a BIG might. :laughing:

The location for this seems to change on each trip, but Luke knew where to go on this trip to get the famous Carrot Cake Cookie!

Yum! Yes, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like it's in a different place every time you try to find it! I can't eat it but Nathan can, so we've bought one a few times now.

IMG_9773.jpg

:eek:

I just wish they didn’t have stupid raisins – but not to worry, I do some surgery and remove them all before eating haha.

:laughing:

After brainstorming with the cast member for a few seconds, I decided on Frederick… so everyone, meet Frederick the AT-AT <3. Yes - this was over three years ago. Yes - I still have this. Yes - we still refer to him as Frederick, and he was on our Star Wars tree earlier this year haha.

Haha this is so cute! I remember seeing some of Frederick's adventures.

We stopped to watch Jedi Training for a few minutes, I really hope that’s something that still exists when Jocelyn is old enough for it!

She would make an awesome Jedi when she gets a little older!

You can see Frederick the AT-AT on the tree behind my daughter :rotfl:
A64B8223-FD4B-4748-BDAB-C526A3A18099.jpeg

So cute! :lovestruc

Ouff, I guess I did a good job of disappearing again :sad2:. Let's see if I can get through a few more days of this trip report before disappearing again...

I have purchased one... but never eaten one.
I bought one but was so full that just the thought of eating it was making me ill. (We had the DDP that time.)
I kept it for the next day, but was still too full to eat it. By the next day... I thought "It's been sitting, unrefrigerated, for 2 days now... cream cheese icing..."
It got tossed.

You'll definitely have to try one of those one day!

He is too alive!!!

Well... sorta... In spirit...

:rotfl:

Frederick senior.

Hahahaha! I didn't even think of that :rotfl2:

:laughing: Okay! Standing by!

Thanks for standing by... for four months :rolleyes1

Don't mind me, just responding to comments from over 3 months ago.... :rolleyes1

My Soul sister

Raisins should not exist. Yuck.

I totally agree with this. They should put him in the queue for a picture spot. like the rest of the robots in Galaxy edge!

Yes!

this is so amazing,,. I cannot control my excitement over this guy!

I was so excited about him!

I am SO excited to hear about Fredrick's adventure. and honestly he is BIG! so much bigger then i had thought!

That thing was fun to get home haha

I love the idea of keeping a tree up all year. I wish I had a big enough house to do that. Your daughter is adorable.

Thank you! <3.

Our house isn't very large at all, but my year-round tree has a home in our upstairs hallway :)

Love the tree. And your DD is adorable!! :)

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter