Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Thursday afternoon everyone :wave:

C840B3ED-0F2E-4375-84C6-77E88C9CC89A.jpeg

1F5BCC1D-A6EB-472E-8E56-0DB74E70CB71.jpeg

EE58CC13-821C-4596-B8D6-BC6A5F25562F.png

Robo, nice to have lazy days. And glad to hear having warmer weather. We have a Cracker Barrel near us. Three times not good, they have been off our list of go to places for some time now. Twice missing food items, last, very poor service, and then having to waiting for check for over an hour was not what we expected. That’s the issue with chain restaurants. Some are much better than others, even though same food. Yes, I had to find another family doctor, as he did retire. But at least found another, younger, so hoping to have his care for years.
Sad thing with the Cracker Barrel restaurants is they have become a hit or miss place to eat.

What do you like there? I usually grab uncle Herschel :tongue: Fried chicken usually good. Kiddo likes the dumplings. Some are decidedly better than others. Ones when we drive south seem to be the tastiest
The dumplings are good if they have not been sitting on the stove too long. I do like their breakfast offerings and it is nice that you can order breakfast all day.

Wanted to share this re new SW coaster that they started human testing…I’m tapping out! o_O
WOW…..that coaster looks interesting. It looks as though they have a stand up seat of sorts to stabilize shock to the spine and legs on the up down and side to side turns. Still not one for me sadly. Looks like it will be a hit with the coaster enthusiasts.

lol....not lazy Robbie, you participate selectively ::yes::......sounds so much nicer
I like that definition better.

He is a lovely young man apart from his misfortunate taste in hobbies 🤣 of which studying asylums from the past that have been let to go to rack and ruin or have some kind of horrible story attachd to them is one of them!!! Hence the name Briarwood for his home!! He`s an officer in the CiD so he has a very curious brain.....you should hear him asking your thoughts on any subject, he`s so funny when he goes into interrogation mode...we always have to remind him he`s off duty. I have a cousin who is older than me and she is about a year away from retiring from the CiD in another County and she is the same way, they can`t help it but do change when it`s pointed out.
Sounds like an interesting fellow. That is funny that he goes into interrogation mode on asking questions. Sometimes those things are just so ingrained you have to pull them out of it, but have to admit it‘s interesting the things they can pull out of folks without them knowing it.

We are considering Cracker Barrel this upcoming trip, but not sure about it as it`s been a long time.....I hear they have wine now so that might sway me, but I heard it`s not the best!
Yes, they are selling wine now. Make sure to read the reviews on the one you want to visit if possible.

they are fed fresh herbs like rosemary, chervil and wild mountain thyme which the does come through. I would eat a little slice, but wouldn`t seek it out. When Tom sees it on certain restaurants menu`s he`ll always order it if he knows where it`s come from.
It is nice to know what they have been feeding on. I would be tempted to try a slice of that.

One of the Nurses I used to work with raised Ostriches and they did made sausage/salami roll. The texture and taste reminded me of Saucisson.

I have some madeira cake I baked this morning to have with our afternoon tea, it`s a little like pound cake, very nice and light. 🫖
Sound like a nice cake to have with your tea.

Those from the south will shudder, ala my cornbread, off my plate unless they are sweet

I was reminded by a lovely elderly genteel southern lady that sugar in your cornbread is actually corn cake…LOL….I said “yes ma‘am”. I like it with or without sugar.

She also told me that true southern folks do not put sugarrrrrrr in their grits. On that one I told her “I guess I’am the exception to the rule”….LOL…I do put sugar in my grits when for breakfast and of course not when in a savory dish like shrimp and grits etc..

I say folks should eat their grits and cornbread however it pleases them.

Going to tackle the hhn thread tomorrow, just too tired today.
I ‘am surprised at the early interest in HHN this year as well as the fact Universal is also selling tickets already, RIP Tour tickets and UMH tickets.

One prediction, hotel rates will accordingly jump. I’ve nothing yet booked. Even tho it was a decidedly off version last year, not sure why I'm Dragging my feet so this year. :confused3 Likely 3rd weekend of month for us.
I was watching the prices and have been amazed at fluctuation in prices for the rooms. This is not the Resort prices we have been used to in the past. I finally made my reservations end of February.

Find your price and jump in when you can.

We had to pull the plug on our April Florida trip :sad: The dates we had booked, are not working with the timelines for dh's work projects for him to be gone. I am hoping that we will be able to rebook it soon. Dh came out of the bedroom last night - after he was supposed to be going to sleep - and was talking about how he couldn't wait to go back to KSC after watching a show on Discovery. So fingers crossed we rebook soon.
Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip. Hope you are able to find a better time that fits your schedule.

KSC is awesome. It had changed so much since a few years ago.

Cracker Barrel used to be good and consistent no matter where you went. Unfortunately lately ours has been hit or miss.
That seems to be the overall sentiment about Cracker Barrel lately.

Bought some bagels from the Jewish bakery I like while I was out. Have a block of cream cheese in the refrigerator, so round two breakfast for me.
That would be Second breakfast in Hobbit language…LOL

And we have, well, I think my cousin called our bed a California King?????? Does that sound right???
Yep…..California King is bigger than regular King.

And Eggs Benedict for breakfast tomorrow is sorted......all freshly laid yesterday, I used some to make a quiche for lunch, we love the vivid orange yolk you get with eggs straight from the farm.
Wow….nice amount of eggs to use. Fresh eggs are so tasty.

DD's surgery went great! She was discharged on Friday night. She is very sore...but since they did a laparoscopic surgery, she only has 4 small incisions. She is still quite sore, but once that last high peek pain day happens, it will be good. I got most of the laundry done, house is semi-cleaned up, and meals prepped/made for the week. She will keep an eye out for infection, but so far, so good.
Great to hear your daughter is doing better after her surgery.

disneyseniors hope your granddaughter is continuing to feel better. It is always so hard to see the little ones ill.

Mac hope the dental issues are doing better.

Shout out to Tink and all the Sans family who don’t post anymore. You are not forgotten.

This is what I saw of the SpaceX lift off yesterday in my backyard. Was a bit to cloudy in the Northeast to see much.
53EF9700-3DEB-4CE7-A951-99F3E50048DB.jpeg

It‘s another beautiful day here. Son is shining today and high is supposed to be 80. We have had a very warm winter here in our area of Florida.

Had an appointment this morning then brunch.

Going to go to pool in a little while. Taking my book along and a cool drink.

Not much else happening in my neck of the woods.

Have a wonderful Thursday doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

OMGosh, I just love your cat meme! So cute and funny!
I see you just posted again, and mentioned all the tea drinking. That sounds like me with coffee, but I try to only drink 2 cups a day. I used to drink it all day long when I was younger. It would give me upset stomach to do it now, LOL.

I have a box of tea from Harrods that a friend from England gave us when we met up a while ago. I still have some tea in it because I just don't want to use it all up. It tastes wonderful and the box is cute too!

I had a great day yesterday. My daughter and I went out to eat and to thrift stores. We have some really nice ones, and we love to find treasures. I think it's the thrill of the hunt, LOL. We had a ball laughing and talking, which is something we don't do enough of lately. We drove way out into the country to put an order in for a side of beef. It's a nice drive (even with the snow) and the farm is beautiful. The meat from this farmer is fabulous and worth the price. It is not too much over the grocery store cost of meat, but there sure is a difference in the taste.

We are in for another snowfall but only 1 to 4 inches. The weather is warming up during the day and having lots of sunshine, so the snow is slowly melting. Yea! Can't happen soon enough.

Have a good Thursday, everyone:)

ruth

lol.....thanks Ruth, I do like a good meme!

I love Harrods teas, there is something extra special about it, and it`s usually their tea when I do a full afternoon tea with friends and use one of the "nicer" china tea services, just feels good. I`m not a coffee drinker at all, maybe in America I`ll share one with Tom if he orders one from somewhere, but it`s rare. I`m glad you`re a tea fan too, not to many of us around in a coffee drinking world it seems.

Sounds like a lovely day with your daughter, I love butchers like that when they`re actually on a farm, we are so lucky to be surrounded with a few and some like your place, they`re nice to have a drive out to them at times. Much better than grocery store meat everytime. I do remember once Kyle was with us and he was much younger, we went into the farm store and the farmer who back then we knew him well, asked us if we wanted Delilah or Prudence`s meat......his face was a picture!! But, we always taught him where our food comes from, but maybe we didn`t need a name......lol......

Hope your weather warms up soon, you`re due some sunshine!

Good Thursday afternoon everyone :wave:

View attachment 749618

View attachment 749619

View attachment 749613

Sad thing with the Cracker Barrel restaurants is they have become a hit or miss place to eat.

The dumplings are good if they have not been sitting on the stove too long. I do like their breakfast offerings and it is nice that you can order breakfast all day.

WOW…..that coaster looks interesting. It looks as though they have a stand up seat of sorts to stabilize shock to the spine and legs on the up down and side to side turns. Still not one for me sadly. Looks like it will be a hit with the coaster enthusiasts.

I like that definition better.

Sounds like an interesting fellow. That is funny that he goes into interrogation mode on asking questions. Sometimes those things are just so ingrained you have to pull them out of it, but have to admit it‘s interesting the things they can pull out of folks without them knowing it.

Yes, they are selling wine now. Make sure to read the reviews on the one you want to visit if possible.

It is nice to know what they have been feeding on. I would be tempted to try a slice of that.

One of the Nurses I used to work with raised Ostriches and they did made sausage/salami roll. The texture and taste reminded me of Saucisson.

Sound like a nice cake to have with your tea.

I was reminded by a lovely elderly genteel southern lady that sugar in your cornbread is actually corn cake…LOL….I said “yes ma‘am”. I like it with or without sugar.

She also told me that true southern folks do not put sugarrrrrrr in their grits. On that one I told her “I guess I’am the exception to the rule”….LOL…I do put sugar in my grits when for breakfast and of course not when in a savory dish like shrimp and grits etc..

I say folks should eat their grits and cornbread however it pleases them.

I ‘am surprised at the early interest in HHN this year as well as the fact Universal is also selling tickets already, RIP Tour tickets and UMH tickets.

I was watching the prices and have been amazed at fluctuation in prices for the rooms. This is not the Resort prices we have been used to in the past. I finally made my reservations end of February.

Find your price and jump in when you can.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip. Hope you are able to find a better time that fits your schedule.

KSC is awesome. It had changed so much since a few years ago.

That seems to be the overall sentiment about Cracker Barrel lately.

Yep…..California King is bigger than regular King.

Wow….nice amount of eggs to use. Fresh eggs are so tasty.

Great to hear your daughter is doing better after her surgery.

disneyseniors hope your granddaughter is continuing to feel better. It is always so hard to see the little ones ill.

Mac hope the dental issues are doing better.

Shout out to Tink and all the Sans family who don’t post anymore. You are not forgotten.

This is what I saw of the SpaceX lift off yesterday in my backyard. Was a bit to cloudy in the Northeast to see much.
View attachment 749616

It‘s another beautiful day here. Son is shining today and high is supposed to be 80. We have had a very warm winter here in our area of Florida.

Had an appointment this morning then brunch.

Going to go to pool in a little while. Taking my book along and a cool drink.

Not much else happening in my neck of the woods.

Have a wonderful Thursday doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

Afternoon Robbie.....sounds lovely going to sit by the pool with a book......and yes, friends in Orlando area and further afield have all mentioned how nice the weather has been.

It is funny watching him extrapolate info from folks at times, sometims without them realising it, but he loves his job and is good at it and he is adorable too, we tease him mercilessly when he does go into questioning mode at times.

I think CB might have a veto from us. Tom and I went to one in Sanford, not touristy at all so it was very good I have to say, but I agree it`s always worth checking anywhere before you visit.

Game in most forms are certainly always down to individual tastes for sure, I can eat a little but not too much. Tom has had ostrich, I think it was a steak, he said he preferred venison, I didn`t try the ostrich.

Enjoy the pool time and hope all your family are doing well!

I think my Nashville Hot Chicken was a little too hot tonight, so whipped up some soured cream to go with it, that did the trick to cool it slightly, but it was lovely. Didn`t bother with the fries as the chicken breasts were rather large, but did have some salad and popped the chicken on some Texas Toast....lush!!

Sun is still shining but we might see the Northern Lights tonight, we have a little cloud but if it clears we should see them, I hope so, they`re always so impressive even when you only see them a little.

It`s not too cold, so we`ll wander outside if they are visible over the sea.

Time for after dinner tea......just one pot this time...... 😁

Hey all, have been busy. Find myself Missing watching jr’s kitties. Can breathe a bit better now lol.

In a cleaning/furniture re-organizing/pre holiday mode. Grabbed two prime ribs yesterday. One for this weekend, the other will pull out after Easter. Told my oldest DS he can come for dinner then, as GD & DiL heading to WDW for a week to do a race.

Decided to rearrange the gaming room. Didn’t seem to be enough seating for everyone interested over xmas. Anything but the tasks I already have on hand. No idea why I tend to shoot myself in the foot that way all the time, making myself more work when on a timeline.:confused3

Somehow got sidetracked (squirrel) and decided to rearrange the adjacent pantry. decided to commandeer a small storage room in one of my basements. Will move down the extra kitchen storage containers/pots & pans rarely used & the more shelf stable canned goods.

while rustling, found a can of manwich. it unexpectedly spoke to me, dinner it will be :scratchinwith a burger for the mr. What’s funny is I don’t actually recall buying it, expiry date still good. Think it must’ve been mixed in with a flat of tomatoes Or something of that ilk. it’s been years since I ate one. Pretty sure it’s one of those horrible for you things. Will call it a splurge. :)

cats had their surgery and doing ok this morning
Good to hear!
She also told me that true southern folks do not put sugarrrrrrr in their grits
True northerners don’t eat grits. Lol JK know many like them. It’s a combo of texture and taste for me…all the sugar in the world doesn’t make them palatable. I look at them and see white school paste. I will eat it’s cousin, polenta, if made & served properly with other Italian food & red sauce.
Yep, we believe strongly in 2nd breakie here. I was thrilled when the mr decided to make bacon & eggs this morning. Otherwise, would’ve been fruit & Greek yogurt for me.
think CB might have a veto from us
If looks could kill, I’d be surely have been dead the time I commented my favorite part of visiting is browsing the gift store :duck:. well, that & Uncle Herschel:p

It's a quiet day today.

No gym last night...I was just tuckered out to go out. Supper was chicken parmesean with asparagus and that costco dill salad. It was pretty yummy! Tonight I'm making beef and broccoli ( subbing in elk for beef ;) ) with rice and a nice springy salad. I have dh hooked on a light salad I make with manadarin orange segments, craisins and slivered almonds with a honey dijon dressing.

Not sure what will happen tonight - I work tomorrow and the weekend at the healthcare job. So it will be a busy weekend with working. And then hopefully next weekend heading to the city again to spend Easter with the kids. I have a basketful of little goodies for the GD - and there is no chocolate in it ;) I have found some little things like" Frozen" tattoos, little note pad and stickers, more stickers - things like that!

cats had their surgery and doing ok this morning
I hope they recover quickly. You must have needed the extra sleep.
Oh they cleaned the windows in my office two days ago. Yep, fresh poop, and hello birds. Nice to see ya back again. Had to pull the shade down. Very very sunny out. At least warming up. 35 degrees out, with a wind chill feels like 25 degrees. Nothing like a winter feeling day in this second to last day of March.
I love it when my windows are freshly cleaned!!!! I hear the birds chirping this morning as I was getting my tea ready and pulling a couple of things out of the fridge to take to work. Hearing the birds chirping is a great way to start the day.
Cooler and rain this morning, it`s lovely this afternoon......bi-fold doors have been pulled wide open and the sun is streaming in, I think in a few hours they`ll be closed as it gets cooler, but for now, it`s lovely.
That sounds lovely!
This is what I saw of the SpaceX lift off yesterday in my backyard. Was a bit to cloudy in the Northeast to see much
You are lucky to get to see the lift off's like you do!
We are still planning on a Florida trip. Dh was looking at booking a package vs separate flights/hotels using points where we can save a few extra $$$. So it is still on.....just postponed ;) which makes my heart very happy!
Sun is still shining but we might see the Northern Lights tonight, we have a little cloud but if it clears we should see them, I hope so, they`re always so impressive even when you only see them a little.

It`s not too cold, so we`ll wander outside if they are visible over the sea.
THAT would be so beautiful to see - the northern lights over the sea/ocean.
while rustling, found a can of manwich. it unexpectedly spoke to me, dinner it will be :scratchinwith a burger for the mr. What’s funny is I don’t actually recall buying it, expiry date still good. Think it must’ve been mixed in with a flat of tomatoes Or something of that ilk. it’s been years since I ate one. Pretty sure it’s one of those horrible for you things. Will call it a splurge. :)
Every once in a blue moon, I like to whip up some of those. We call them sloppy joes here....but I jazz them up with cheese, peppers, mushrooms. Nothing wrong with a meal like that!

Well...I should get back to shredding and shuffling more papers around.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey all, have been busy. Find myself Missing watching jr’s kitties. Can breathe a bit better now lol.

In a cleaning/furniture re-organizing/pre holiday mode. Grabbed two prime ribs yesterday. One for this weekend, the other will pull out after Easter. Told my oldest DS he can come for dinner then, as GD & DiL heading to WDW for a week to do a race.

Decided to rearrange the gaming room. Didn’t seem to be enough seating for everyone interested over xmas. Anything but the tasks I already have on hand. No idea why I tend to shoot myself in the foot that way all the time, making myself more work when on a timeline.:confused3

Somehow got sidetracked (squirrel) and decided to rearrange the adjacent pantry. decided to commandeer a small storage room in one of my basements. Will move down the extra kitchen storage containers/pots & pans rarely used & the more shelf stable canned goods.

Good to hear!

True northerners don’t eat grits. Lol JK know many like them. It’s a combo of texture and taste for me…all the sugar in the world doesn’t make them palatable. I look at them and see white school paste. I will eat it’s cousin, polenta, if made & served properly with other Italian food & red sauce.

Yep, we believe strongly in 2nd breakie here. I was thrilled when the mr decided to make bacon & eggs this morning. Otherwise, would’ve been fruit & Greek yogurt for me.

If looks could kill, I’d be surely have been dead the time I commented my favorite part of visiting is browsing the gift store :duck:. well, that & Uncle Herschel:p

Prime Rib sounds so good.....love it, but I have no clue what a manwich is??? Man sandwich springs to mind.....I will Google it later!!

Grits.....er, no.....saw them once, no need to try them to know I won`t like them...looks like porridge oats! I do like polenta now and again, depends how it`s served.

I loved the gift store too, my goodness it has a plethora of delights to be enjoyed in there, certainly adds a reason to go there.

It's a quiet day today.

No gym last night...I was just tuckered out to go out. Supper was chicken parmesean with asparagus and that costco dill salad. It was pretty yummy! Tonight I'm making beef and broccoli ( subbing in elk for beef ;) ) with rice and a nice springy salad. I have dh hooked on a light salad I make with manadarin orange segments, craisins and slivered almonds with a honey dijon dressing.

Not sure what will happen tonight - I work tomorrow and the weekend at the healthcare job. So it will be a busy weekend with working. And then hopefully next weekend heading to the city again to spend Easter with the kids. I have a basketful of little goodies for the GD - and there is no chocolate in it ;) I have found some little things like" Frozen" tattoos, little note pad and stickers, more stickers - things like that!

I hope they recover quickly. You must have needed the extra sleep.

I love it when my windows are freshly cleaned!!!! I hear the birds chirping this morning as I was getting my tea ready and pulling a couple of things out of the fridge to take to work. Hearing the birds chirping is a great way to start the day.

That sounds lovely!

You are lucky to get to see the lift off's like you do!
We are still planning on a Florida trip. Dh was looking at booking a package vs separate flights/hotels using points where we can save a few extra $$$. So it is still on.....just postponed ;) which makes my heart very happy!

THAT would be so beautiful to see - the northern lights over the sea/ocean.

Every once in a blue moon, I like to whip up some of those. We call them sloppy joes here....but I jazz them up with cheese, peppers, mushrooms. Nothing wrong with a meal like that!

Well...I should get back to shredding and shuffling more papers around.

Have a great day everyone!

Honey mustard is my favourite dressing ever!! And home made is hard to beat.

We love being surrounded by trees and the birds are always intersting, I know little about them, but we do have a lot of owls which are stunning to see and I do enjoy listening to them. Tonight before we closed the doors there were two of them, one white almost Hedwig like and the other a much larger tawny owl sitting watching us, beautiful.

You have a great day too....

I just got used to the bold print for the posts and today they are gone.

I saw folks talking about that, I never saw anything like that last few days on either laptop or ipads. Glad to hear the boards are back to normal.

Didn`t get to see the lights after all, we had an influx of cloud, I`m sure we`ll get some more chances to see them before too long.

Almost bedtime here, Tom and I are yawning our heads off.....it`s just after 10pm!!!

Looks like rain next couple of days, but hopefully we don`t get it all day. No plans though, so not fussed what the weather is like.

Last day of March tomorrow.....I have no clue why March disappeared so fast!

Oh, it’s a real low-brow can that you open & dump on browned ground beef. Toast a bun, lump on some of the burger concoction and top with a nice slice of cheddar cheese to melt just a touch. Comfort food of a sort I guess.

Not to talk politics here, however, oh so bemused by the recent turn in the on-going fight to control the reddy creek development argument (between FL gov office and WDW).

Layperson cliff notes For those not following: Reedy Creek and Disney ensured that their recent agreement will last a very, very long time. there is a clause declaring that the declaration will last until:

“twenty one (21) years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III.” :rotfl2:

Oh, it’s a real low-brow can that you open & dump on browned ground beef. Toast a bun, lump on some of the burger concoction and top with a nice slice of cheddar cheese to melt just a touch. Comfort food of a sort I guess.

Not to talk politics here, however, oh so bemused by the recent turn in the on-going fight to control the reddy creek development argument (between FL gov office and WDW).

Layperson cliff notes For those not following: Reedy Creek and Disney ensured that their recent agreement will last a very, very long time. there is a clause declaring that the declaration will last until:

“twenty one (21) years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III.” :rotfl2:

Well, I did Google it, I thought initially it was meat in the can, then I read the ingredients, sooooo......not as bad as it looked originally lol.......comfort food is comfort food!!

How odd they used King Charles descendents as a defined length of time???? Very odd. I have been glancing now and again at the hullabaloo and it does appear more than odd with all the other stuff going around too, books and so on. Bit of a minefield to be honest.

Had my Godson here again this morning for a shower, it`s crazy how many issues they are having with this house, builders are still onsite as they still have a load of homes to build, but they`re not being very helpful. I told him he needs to change that house name, it`s unlucky!!

He`s just gone now, he`s not the biggest morning person so not much conversation from him, showered, had a cuppa, wouldn`t take even a slice of toast said he`ll eat at work later.....the mum in me wanted to feed him though.

Looks to be a drizzly day here with heavy rain later, we`ll be back in by then and hope to not go out till Sunday, we like to avoid Saturday shopping where we can and very rarely need to wander round them at the weekends.

Spicy Thai Chicken for dinner tonight, will make it later although I do need to add some green onions just to sprinkle on top to serve, will pick them up when we`re out.

Have a few things to get while we`re out today but will be home by lunchtime today.

And a very quiet weekend ahead for us, tomorrow night, movies and a cocktail, might make a pitcher of Sangria.......

Last day of March!

i-vq9gWKp-S.jpg

cv99-S.png

cv94-S.jpg

Happy Friday :goodvibes

A2FDFEB0-A96B-4515-8E30-112729960C14.gif

Yay indeed. Alarm turned off, shower was nice, teapot filled quite full, and already enjoyed a cup of tea. Screen up, and glad to be back to telecommuting. And laptop needs updating. Have it at. Save your work. Did. Done in a few minutes already, then rebooting for me. Eh, some updates are longer than others.

Weather. With a partly cloudy sky, still having that at freezing temps in this early hour. But yay, by afternoon, will be the high, 62. So warming 30 degrees throughout the day. Then, a warmer overnight into Saturday, as that stormy wet weather is coming from the South, and all will be wearing shorts. Saying depending when the rain comes, that heat air pump will push us to a predicted high of 72. Though may even be higher temp, if rain comes later in the more sunny start to the day. But that rain can be a thunderstorm, as cold front coming, with dropping that temp back to 52, and a very windy Sunday. At least like last weekend, Sunday will be a sunny day. So at least only one weekend day, will be sunny. Then, yay, even with not yet putting away those winter type clothes, seeing some low 70’s the high temp predicted this coming week. Yeah, and a low 50’a and high 40’s day in there too. And so far, this coming Friday seems cool, but at least rain, you guessed it, will be on Saturday in the weekend next weekend. So while having to wear my lightweight winter jacket on Friday, at least should be be dry enough for our NYC fun.

Okay, so glad it’s a longer lunchtime break, and a little shorter week day routine day. Perfect if not that perfectly lazy Friday, like a week from today.

So a most fabulous Friday homies.

And yep, back to all of us not shouting with that bold looking font the other day.

Finally, yep, we have had enjoyed manwich meal at times. Lately no. Little one prefers a plain burger. But good to use to flavor some ground beef. Blast from our past and was cheap seasoning too. That can cost was a dollar or less back then.

D71D2B58-1B86-42C8-96A9-BE4827B2DBFA.jpeg
Hi ho, hi ho, off to get jabbed I go. Won’t complain too much this time, figure I need all the help we can when sailing on the good ship Petri dish in a month. I must’ve been drinking when I booked them this year.

back home, need to supervise assembly of new, large shelving units (yes, multiple) that are going in the gaming room. To his credit, the mr gave me a hearty “sure!” It’s turning into a bigger project than I had expected, typical for me.

How odd they used King Charles descendents as a defined length of time???? Very odd.
Since you guys roll a bit differently with fine points of government and law, was half imagining it was common there, in line with that droll sense of humor that often escapes the US population.

the goat meme :rotfl2:
And yep, back to all of us not shouting with that bold looking font the other day
i love a large dark font. If it’s big enough don’t have to put on my readers lol.

Hehe back to that black font again, or that’s what I see. Yeah, I use the view at 200 percent sometimes, Janet. That getting old……..

Ooh my meeting that was 1 pm yesterday, then 2 pm yesterday, then 10 am today, now to be 11 am. We shall see. But like most Fridays. Generally not too bad with amount of emails. And prompted with another update. That one no need to reboot. So, use my bandwidth and have at it.

Happy Friday, or should I say Happy Freaky Friday??

It has been a weird start of the day for me.
First, I took Mom to the doctor appointment, getting her and her walker into and out of the car, making sure she doesn't fall, etc. Well, they said it was cancelled! What? It seems it was cancelled, but both Mom and I left it on the calender? So, we headed out to Famous Footwear to get Mom a couple of pairs of sketchers slip on's. She saw the ad on TV and wanted some, so we ended up with 2 pair for her:)
Then out to eat at our favorite restaurant. We had huge chef's salads. They were so delicious. I don't make many salads at home so this was a treat.
Then off to the store to get some items for Mom.

But here is the really weird part:
It is 33 degrees out with a cold north wind today.
I pulled into the grocery store parking lot and saw a very expensive 2 seater convertible sports car With It's top Down!!! In 33 degree weather! I don't know what the model was, but I 've seen them before and know they are upwards of $100,000. It was gone when I left the store because I went by to see it again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, LOL.
I have seen some strange things up here in the North Woods. One time I saw a young lady jogging when it was -20 degrees with a strong wind!!! I can't even breath normally when it's that cold, but to jog??

Also our family birthday part planned for tomorrow has been called off because grandson is sick. I was about to make 2 pumpkin pies and am so glad I hadn't already started on them.

Well, lets hope the rest of the weekend is "normal":)

Update on granddaughter. She is fine now but went to a gastroenterologist to day and is having some tests done, so we'll see.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone:)

ruth

View attachment 749847
Hi ho, hi ho, off to get jabbed I go. Won’t complain too much this time, figure I need all the help we can when sailing on the good ship Petri dish in a month. I must’ve been drinking when I booked them this year.

back home, need to supervise assembly of new, large shelving units (yes, multiple) that are going in the gaming room. To his credit, the mr gave me a hearty “sure!” It’s turning into a bigger project than I had expected, typical for me.

Since you guys roll a bit differently with fine points of government and law, was half imagining it was common there, in line with that droll sense of humor that often escapes the US population.

the goat meme :rotfl2:

i love a large dark font. If it’s big enough don’t have to put on my readers lol.

lol...it`s a god meme isn`t it!!

Hope the jab went ok, will hold you in good stead for your cruise. I think they`ve stopped giving us boosters now, well, haven`t heard we`ve to get another, I must look into it.

That is a project and a half you`ve started!! It`ll be fine, you`ll be there to supervise the work, so it`ll be fabulous when it`s done, perfect!!

lol......I just thought it was odd......yes, I do love the British sense of humour that some just don`t get at times. I sometimes see faces glaze over and I think......oops......they didn`t get that......while I`m rolling with laughter!!

I still haven`t seen any large or dark font on here. Not complaining though....

Ended up a busier day that we planned but it was a good one.

Took a pillow back to a store as it was the wrong one, our fault completely, we had opened it and their policy is they won`t take it back like that, but we thought, we can only ask as it was quite expensive for one pillow. Girl on the checkout was stroppy and insistent we wouldn`t get a refund, so we did a "Karen", but in a very nice way asked to see the manager who listened to our explanation and did indeed give us a refund. I smiled very nicely at they stroppy young lady and thanked her for her help....it`s nice to be extra nice at times....😈

Then decided to go visit some friends for a cuppa and that passed a couple of hours, came home and didn`t feel hungry but grabbed a bowl of fruit, glad I didn`t make the curry as we ended up walking to the village and had dinner in one of our locals pubs. We shared a seafood platter then we both had steaks and they were very nice indeed and as it was so miserable outside we were glad of their real fire close to us although it did get too hot at one point as we were also close to one of their radiators. We did move when someone else finished their meal. But, a lovely day despite the rain falling the whole day.

Won`t need anything else tonight except a pot of tea.

And it`s still raining 🌧️

Happy Friday, or should I say Happy Freaky Friday??

It has been a weird start of the day for me.
First, I took Mom to the doctor appointment, getting her and her walker into and out of the car, making sure she doesn't fall, etc. Well, they said it was cancelled! What? It seems it was cancelled, but both Mom and I left it on the calender? So, we headed out to Famous Footwear to get Mom a couple of pairs of sketchers slip on's. She saw the ad on TV and wanted some, so we ended up with 2 pair for her:)
Then out to eat at our favorite restaurant. We had huge chef's salads. They were so delicious. I don't make many salads at home so this was a treat.
Then off to the store to get some items for Mom.

But here is the really weird part:
It is 33 degrees out with a cold north wind today.
I pulled into the grocery store parking lot and saw a very expensive 2 seater convertible sports car With It's top Down!!! In 33 degree weather! I don't know what the model was, but I 've seen them before and know they are upwards of $100,000. It was gone when I left the store because I went by to see it again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, LOL.
I have seen some strange things up here in the North Woods. One time I saw a young lady jogging when it was -20 degrees with a strong wind!!! I can't even breath normally when it's that cold, but to jog??

Also our family birthday part planned for tomorrow has been called off because grandson is sick. I was about to make 2 pumpkin pies and am so glad I hadn't already started on them.

Well, lets hope the rest of the weekend is "normal":)

Update on granddaughter. She is fine now but went to a gastroenterologist to day and is having some tests done, so we'll see.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone:)

ruth

I think we posted at the same time Ruth!!

Glad to hear GD is better, but it`s a good idea to get her checked over for sure.

I`m sorry the birthday celebration has been postponed......hope your GS feels better too.

Yes, quite an odd day for you......when we used to live further up North, we used to see folks in shorts when the weather was baltic.......people always commented they needed their bumps felt!!! Everyone else is wrapped up like normal folks but there`s always the odd one or two. Not sure I`d have my convertible open in weather like that!!

Kyle and the running group he belongs to run in allsorts of weather....I don`t think runners feel the cold to be honest, but can`t be good for your lungs. Only time they cancel is if the roads or route has frozen over anywhere. I`ll stick to being a couch potato!!

Glad you got your mum sorted out though, sounds like a lovely day in the end!

Have a great weekend Ruth :)

Nothing like making sunshine from a cancellation of a visit you went to as didn’t know about it. Glad you had a fun day with your mom, Ruth. Sad about sick relative, but at least you don’t need to bake now. Glad to hear granddaughter feeling better and going for tests to hopefully help her to better wellness.

Ooh almost done with screen. Did go out for lunchtime walk. Wore my shades but was very gray out. And a wind that made me glad I had my winter type jacket on.

Hoping maybe soup and grilled cheese for dinner. Had a very good meal last night from our local bbq place that has some of the best mac and cheese, as they use a sharp cheddar mix. Their brisket is tasty, as well as their vinegar carrots. Oh and we get fries from them too. All has been delicious. So after such a rich and very filling dinner yesterday, thinking more basic one tonight. We will see.

Ah back to not bold looking font again.

Hope your grandson feels better Ruth

House across the street from my house had a fire breakout
this morning about around 8

Fire department now left
Every one but their dog were able to get out of the house.

They do have some family that lives 30 minutes away so they have a place where they can stay.

Been watching the weather channel and it looks very bad in Little Rock area now

Hi everyone. I am taking a break from studying. Can you believe we are 6 weeks away from graduation? B and I had graduation photos yesterday. I hope they come out well. We were fighting the wind.
I am 4 pages behind in posting. I will try to catch up a bit.

So today, only thing I need to do is a return with little one to the biggest mall.
I miss living in a place with multiple malls nearby. We have one mall and it is small.

I did laugh when I was told the gallbladder is a common affliction for women who are "Fat Fair and Forty" lol...
I can't remember exactly when I had mine removed, but I know I was in my 40's, so the statement holds true for me.

He plays his screens loud, so I can generally know which movie he is watching.

Yup, I have the same issue as my mister …always had the volume high for those shows
Mine has the habit of turning the TV on to something I don't care to watch, turns up the volume and then goes to sleep. It's really annoying when he puts the remote in his lap. I can't get it to lower the volume or change the channel without waking him up.
what is it about woman’s Navy tshirts being a dying breed?
I think most consider navy as a man's color. I love all shades of blue.

The Sixth Sense....I think with that one I was the only person on the planet who didn`t know or guess the twist...
I didn't see it coming either. I was shocked at the plot twist.

Loathe Westerns and War movies too.
Not a fan of those genres either. B has been watching classic westerns in her history class.

And just think, at the end of this week we welcome with foolish jokes the beginning of April.
Last year I convinced my hair dresser that I wanted to go blonde.

Do you remember when Psycho came out?
I finally saw Psycho last year when I was taking a film editing class. I used it for a paper I had to write. Anthony Perkins was so good at being creepy.

DD's surgery went great! She was discharged on Friday night.
Great news.

I am the same way. I like just plain roomy t-shirts. They are harder and harder to find.
I usually end up buying in the men's department.

Not the same for psychological tension, but two of my favourite Hitchcock movies are Marnie and Strangers on a Train.
I have never seen Marnie. I need to add that to my list.

I also dropped a tall glass filled with iced water on the kitchen floor, shattered everywhere,
On no. Hope you got all the glass. At least it was water. B once knocked over a glass of fruit punch and my kitchen looked like a crime scene.

while rustling, found a can of manwich. it unexpectedly spoke to me,
We used to eat Manwich a lot. Then I found a sloppy Joe recipe from scratch and that is all dh wants now. I'd rather have something else.

True northerners don’t eat grits. Lol JK know many like them. It’s a combo of texture and taste for me…all the sugar in the world doesn’t make them palatable. I look at them and see white school paste.

Grits.....er, no.....saw them once, no need to try them to know I won`t like them.
Grits are an acquired taste. Never let them get cold. They are disgusting that way. The best grits are piping hot with butter and a little salt.

Years ago I swore I would never build furniture again. We once built a huge study desk in a room and then discovered that we couldn't get it through the door when we moved.

House across the street from my house had a fire breakout
this morning about around 8

Fire department now left
Every one but their dog were able to get out of the house.
So glad the people are okay, but that is sad about the dog.

Dh should be getting home soon. We are going to pick up his new car this afternoon.

I actually love grits. Yep, agree with ya Charade, with butter and salt, just after they are made. Best I ever had was at the Wooden Spoon, a very little dive kinda place in the Florida keys.

Ah chicken rice soup, as used the rest of the smoked chicken we had enjoyed last night. That and bought a loaf of bread, so soup with buttered bread. Full and enjoying my tea, after an early dinner.

Friday night. Yep, storms are faster than predicted, saying now will start in the wee hours of tomorrow, and be gone by noon time. Hence, given little one’s arising time, we should be getting gas for the car without getting wet. And since predicted to be in the high 60’s by noon tomorrow, shorts will be on little one for sure tomorrow. High is 70, around 4 pm tomorrow. Warm now, at 62 degrees, and little one is already in shorts. Yeah, and then the cool front arrives late in the evening tomorrow, giving us a high of 57, and around freezing in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Yes, winter type clothes still not put away. Shorts then pants weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter