• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Hope your grandson feels better Ruth

House across the street from my house had a fire breakout
this morning about around 8

Fire department now left
Every one but their dog were able to get out of the house.

They do have some family that lives 30 minutes away so they have a place where they can stay.

Been watching the weather channel and it looks very bad in Little Rock area now

How awful mac!

I`m glad they`re all ok and got out, but it`s so sad their dog didn`t make it too. Good to know they have folks close by to turn to. Is their home badly damaged?

Hi everyone. I am taking a break from studying. Can you believe we are 6 weeks away from graduation? B and I had graduation photos yesterday. I hope they come out well. We were fighting the wind.
I am 4 pages behind in posting. I will try to catch up a bit.

I miss living in a place with multiple malls nearby. We have one mall and it is small.

I can't remember exactly when I had mine removed, but I know I was in my 40's, so the statement holds true for me.

Mine has the habit of turning the TV on to something I don't care to watch, turns up the volume and then goes to sleep. It's really annoying when he puts the remote in his lap. I can't get it to lower the volume or change the channel without waking him up.

I think most consider navy as a man's color. I love all shades of blue.

I didn't see it coming either. I was shocked at the plot twist.

Not a fan of those genres either. B has been watching classic westerns in her history class.

Last year I convinced my hair dresser that I wanted to go blonde.

I finally saw Psycho last year when I was taking a film editing class. I used it for a paper I had to write. Anthony Perkins was so good at being creepy.

Great news.

I usually end up buying in the men's department.

I have never seen Marnie. I need to add that to my list.

On no. Hope you got all the glass. At least it was water. B once knocked over a glass of fruit punch and my kitchen looked like a crime scene.

We used to eat Manwich a lot. Then I found a sloppy Joe recipe from scratch and that is all dh wants now. I'd rather have something else.

Grits are an acquired taste. Never let them get cold. They are disgusting that way. The best grits are piping hot with butter and a little salt.

Years ago I swore I would never build furniture again. We once built a huge study desk in a room and then discovered that we couldn't get it through the door when we moved.

So glad the people are okay, but that is sad about the dog.

Dh should be getting home soon. We are going to pick up his new car this afternoon.

Yep, I was close enough at 35 for it to hold true for me, but best thing ever getting it removed.

Hitchcock really was a genius and it comes across in all his movies, Psycho is definitely the most sinister, Anthony Perkins captures Norman Bates perefectly. I think you`d like Marnie, it has every ingredient you need in a movie. Tippi Hedren is not my favourite actress but she captures Marnie very well too.

lol....I can imagine the crime scene look.......yes, we got all the glass, did a double sweep and wash everywhere as you know tiny shards can travel one heck of a distance so we did the whole kitchen and seating area just in case.

I will never be able to eat grits. The look, texture and taste is all wrong for me.......but hey, if you like them, you like them.

And happy new car.....hope he enjoys driving it, we do love our new cars!!!

I think the morning is going to be better than the rest of the day for us today, dry but cloudy, then more rain. April showers hopefully means May flowers......and no Godson wanting a shower this morning, their plumbing issues have been sorted....again!!

Planning to walk into the village for a bit of fresh air and pick up some oranges we forgot to buy, our fruit shop is tiny but stocks an amazing amount of produce, how they manage it I don`t know, I think the back must be like a Tardis!

Making a quiche for lunch, bacon and leek I think will do some salad to serve with it and doing spicy chicken stir fry tonight for us. Sweet, spicy plum sauce with some added Thai sweet chilli, pineapple, green onion, slivers of red pepper and for me, I`ll be adding loads of fresh ginger! Lush!!

Rest of the day will be perfectly lazy......perfect!!! Will also enjoy a pitcher of Sangria tonight, might make one up late afternoon too, just because.

And I can finally say........we go this month to Orlando......wooohoooooooo :)

My pot of tea should be infused by now......time for tea!!

4b87a9038c06bda9e2919f13c71a1239.jpg

cv17-S.png

cv79-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday and 1st day of April 🐣

Ah the rain, as my phone said, a light rain will be in here in exactly 26 minutes and continue for more then 50 minutes. A light rain though, so not too bad. I swore I heard some rain while I was sleeping, but it’s only cloudy out as I tossed trash out, and while lawn was wet, roads were barely wet. So I guess it did rain lightly in the overnight. Didn’t even have a jacket on. It’s already 60 degrees. But you know, when you feel the air before rain. And it’s going to rain. Plus, the tree in our front lawn has its leaves upside down. Going to rain some more for sure. And while this rain should end by morning, this early weather news said gusty thunderstorms may develop in the evening. Cold front arriving in the late evening. This time tomorrow, will have a jacket on, as no 60 degrees, but will be at freezing then. Sigh. But will take any warmer day, even if it has some rain.

Love these early morning weekends. Yea, remote for our largest tv, and time with my DH before he leaves to be that good son. And so back to breakfast food. Made an oven pan of eggs, peppers, onions, sausage, bacon, shredded cheese, and potatoes. Made the house smell good, and DH and I enjoyed those vegetable meat cheesy eggy potatoes.

And do that early morning what do I watch or listen to. And can hear the faint whir of the washer. Put a load of towels in. In the next hour, while it may be raining, I’ll be relaxing in a perfect hot shower, with freshly washed towels to use when I get out. Yay.

My Saturday. Wash and some grocery shopping. That’s it. I love these lazy days. And my lazy early mornings.

Super happy Saturday. And yay, April is here, Hehe, a day to be foolish:
41AAB770-6673-4238-A1A0-68186CB20BF3.jpeg
::yes::

Congratulations to your DH for getting the car, Charade. We are on a wind advisory too. Now gloriously sunny and very warm. We did have rain, all morning with light and moderate rainfall, including a lightning in area warning from my phone, and heard thunder not much after that warning flashed across my phone. Like this warm weather before a cold front arrives. To be very windy until just after midnight, with some chances of more rain, with cloudy early evening, rainy maybe from 6 to 9 pm tonight. And then the temps drop quite a bit as the night and overnight go.

Ooh saw my tulips up a little bit higher than last week, and green. No flowers until later though, I have some that bloom near Mother’s Day. Yay, I enjoy seeing those Spring blooms.

Good morning. It was crazy windy and rainy early this morning. We are under a wind advisory until tomorrow morning. Today will be a boring day of school work and house cleaning.
Here is dh’s new car we picked up yesterday.

View attachment 750168

Congrats on the new car Charade....red suits a low sleek car, not so much the SUV type cars.....hope he has many happy years driving it. We`ve never had a red car ever for some reason.

It`s been a lovely Saturday......friends popped in, glad we were sorted with sangria and snacks...

cv11-S.jpg

Nearly bedtime here...it really has been a lovely day, nice company and nice food, can`t ask for more.....enjoyed some sangria and good food too.

Sunday tomorrow...:sunny:

Ooh nothing like a thunderstorm and tornado warning buzzing on your phone. Ooh so windy, and rain is loud. Littke one wanted to go out. I’m I think we will wait an hour or so. Saying the heavy rain for next 45 minutes or so, then light rain after that. Don’t mind going in light rain. This rain and wind, just saw lightning strike from my window. Oh my, sounds almost like a train just passed by us. Rain is beating on my windows. All be safe that is having this stormy weather like me.

Thankfully Mac, storm gone, and tornado warning expired now. All quiet on the Eastern front.

Decided tea this late hour.

Schumi, my house faces the neighbors house that was destroyed.
It only takes 10 seconds for me to cross the street from my sidewalk to their sidewalk
There house was totaled and the tear done will be two days from now

Oh bless them!! What a horrible thing to see happen to their home, but thank the lord they all got out safely, homes can be rebuilt. And it must have been terrifying to watch it happen too.

I`m sure they`ll get lots of help from your community.

Schumi, any sangria left?

:rolleyes1

Er, maybe not....it was gorgeous though!!!! I might be moving a little slow this morning 🥴

Yes, late night and early mornings aren`t ideal!!

Got up to watch the Australian GP, started 6am our time, one of our favourite races.

But, gorgeous morning here, sun is shining and although it`s cool out there, the sun will be out all day.

Going to get some fresh produce this morning and head to Skechers to see if they have any of their sandals I like in stock and also look again for new trainers!!

It`ll be a hearty breakfast this morning, going to have a roll with bacon and a fried egg on it and lots of strong tea before I go anywhere, but I won`t be driving. Lunch might be out, will grab something quick if we`re still shopping and I have diced beef in the slow cooker, marinaded it ovenight in the usual ale and everything else that goes into it, by the time we head out we`ll be smelling that aroma. Serving it with creamy mashed potatoes and whatever veg I pick up today.

Hopefully a perfectly lazy Sunday afternoon ahead for us, might even snooze!!

cv77-S.jpg

cv89-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday :sunny:

Sunday is here. Yep, the day to get the trash out and alarm already set. And a bit cooler. As threw trash out, let out a little brrr, that wind is still around. But a beautiful clear sky. And still very dark out. But sunrise should be in another half hour. Then a gloriously sunny day, where you look at the thermometer right now and swear it says 40 degrees, but that wind is 32 mph, so you feel like it’s below freezing. Sigh. Bad hair day alert. Did look around. Still soggy, but that sunny sky, even if not very warm, will still dry up almost everything.

No need to stock our kitchen after our successful grocery trip yesterday, as was so nice when it’s with older one. Always have more in cart with him, than when with little one.

Thus, with gas now full in the car, going to use some of it to visit sister. Bought candy and some small toys. Sister has the job to keep the plastic eggs until we need them every year. Part of my visit is to help fill those eggs. We will fill them for the kids to find. With those eggs, we have small buckets for the kids to put the found eggs in. We bought another one. My youngest great niece will now be old enough to search with her older siblings and cousin.

Ah, long hot shower, as house feels a bit cool. And enjoying my tea. With pancakes and relaxing with screen on with not much that I haven’t seen before, and dodging infomercials. Eh just like background noise at times. Perfect weekend mornjng.

So hope all have serenity this Sunday. Hope it’s a relaxing and good weather day for all, and a day you are feeling well. And have a good morning.

Where is everyone?

Been out all morning, not long home and came back without trainers again. I’ll go somewhere else tomorrow and might head back to Skechers.

We did have lunch out, just in a Costa Coffee, toasties and strawberry milkshake thingy…….very nice.

It is a gorgeous day though, Tom is now washing the car and no jacket as the sun is beautiful. I’m off to iron and have a cuppa then answer some emails!

Schumi, my house faces the neighbors house that was destroyed.
It only takes 10 seconds for me to cross the street from my sidewalk to their sidewalk
There house was totaled and the tear done will be two days from now
Mac, I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor's house. Do you live in the South? I know the storms have been so scary this season. My brother lives in Tn. and he has had some very close calls with tornadoes. One struck within 30 feet of his house and across the street and beside him. I hope you are all doing well?

yes we live in GA
Mac, I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor's house. Do you live in the South? I know the storms have been so scary this season. My brother lives in Tn. and he has had some very close calls with tornadoes. One struck within 30 feet of his house and across the street and beside him. I hope you are all doing well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter