Something About Nothing............ #14

What is for dinner tonight?
I am not sure what is on the menu tonight. I " think " the boys are going to be making some fancy dancy grilled cheese sammies. Dh is out of town for the week.

I am working a shift at the second job tonight. So I'll probably have a quick sandwich when I get home.

Old man winter has returned and it's blowing snow and temps are diving again :cold: but we had great weather in November....so I'll be happy about that and look forward to Vegas and Orlando

Taco Tuesday is here.

Yay, the day Mac’s meal may be at Taco Bell.

What a day difference. At freezing temperatures right now. And the clouds will build throughout the day. That poor camel will get a windy and rainy day tomorrow.

Oh, and Chinese food for us last night. Older one was not feeling good, as said his coworker was sick, and now he feels not good too. Thus, he wanted wonton soup. Noodle soup is good when not feeling well, and we all enjoyed the other we ordered too.

And so, a good morning and have a terrific Taco Tuesday. Yes, the day to day, a meal with a 🌮 or two. With tea for me, of course. 😊

Hi All. Hoping those with family unwell are improving? Kev is recovering well just a slight chestiness and tinnitus on occasion.
Weather here has been so mild but suddenly lower temperatures. Might kill a few germs.

Emma and I went on a candle making class on Saturday. It was in a beautiful stately home and dressed for Christmas as a bonus.
Sunday we dressed most of the house but I had to give in before completion as my back is still not right. I’m going for physio next week - no time this week!

This morning I drove into the hills to an enterprise built up by the daughter in law of a farming family. She was shocked the orchard produce wasn’t but to best use and over the last 10 years has developed a business around apples. Today was a foraged wreath making class. Absolutely loved it! In a barn they use for gatherings with hot spiced apple juice and homemade gingerbread men.
C7103211-10D4-46D0-8882-E1058CEAAD02.jpegC20A37C8-0C0B-428C-BEEA-D805DDE5E43F.jpeg

Our contractor finally started on our driveway today. We have been waiting sometime but we know he’s been so busy and he kept in touch. So tomorrow we are collecting the caravan from its first service (quite a distance away) and can’t bring it home so we’ve booked in at a farm site in the next village and will stay there for the next week.
So I will have to be up early to drive home for the school run and again in the afternoon but it’s only about 20 minutes drive and it will be nice for Emma and the children (and us) to have some time just them together this weekend.
This evening I baked a cheese and onion pie and a Treacle tart dessert to take as we will be busy all day tomorrow getting all our contents back in the caravan. When I return home to collect J from school I will load up again as it had to be totally emptied for the service so everything is currently piled up in the garage and utility.
Goodnight here now x

You did a great job on that wreath!

Sounds like you have had a full very busy day.

Sending you mummy dust your back improves
and you can move around better with zero pain !

Right now we have thunderstorms and it scares the cats
They have taken off and hiding under our bed

Ah will be sharing that lively rain tomorrow, and I commute. Oh well.

Real, glad DH is feeling better, and hope your back issues go away fast. That wreath is beautiful, and how pretty to learn to makes candles too, in such gorgeous locations. You sound very busy.

We had a scare, older one was told to go home earlier today, as coworker had reported he had the virus. Thankfully, older one tested negative, but I do think he has a head cold. Says he’s feeling fine, even though I think it set off his asthma, and he sounds like Darth Vader sounding. So he’s taking his asthma medicines, and he’s off tomorrow. Hence I hope his work does a deeper clean, and older one rests tomorrow. Little one came into our bedroom very early this morning saying, saying was unwell, stomach emptied. Next thing you know, she lay down in my bed, and was fast asleep. Woke up in the early afternoon, and said she had s headache. Medicine for her, and by dinner time, she felt fine. Tested her too, and she was negative too. I’m glad, as will be wearing a mask when I go in tomorrow. Time of year, the moment you are with others, risk of sickness.

So the request for soup again tonight. Made chicken noodle, as had some elbow noodles in the pantry, and some carrots and celery, so that, and grilled chicken breasts, I cut up too, and soup was served. Big salad was asked for, as well as some cheesy rice and vegetables. Older one was hungry. Feed a cold, so I guess I’m glad he’s eating well. Full enough for me,

Hehe, DH was quite the restless sleeper last night. We had a later dinner, as oops. I had a late afternoon nap.

But warmer day, our Wednesday, as the rain is coming from the South. So hoping Mac is dry shortly. Think Charade and I both get rainy weather tomorrow. Hope it doesn’t start until after my morning commute.

But as a Tuesday, alarm already set, and I’m chilling now, with a hot cup of tea. Hope all have a good evening.

Oops… I reversed my days this evening

Had planned to do Taco Bell for dinner cause it is Tuesday

Got side tracked when Mr Mac asked if we could do mac and cheese and also have fish sticks

Realized after i made the meal it’s always Taco Bell Tuesday we do

so fish stick were a slip up but you can bet my butt will be at Taco Belle on wednesday

Can someone remind me next week to not cook as it’s the traditional TB day

Whoever reminds me next Tuesday it’s tb day i’ll buy a taco for you and use it with first class stamps

so do we have a deal on this homies……

F20BC76B-E240-477D-ACD1-07EA6E7D4C17.jpeg

Ah yes, a rainy filled Wednesday we will have. But at least above freezing this morning. Commuting day, and glad as I get over this hump of a day, a relaxing Friday will be for me. Wahoo!

A most Wonderful Wednesday to all.

And hehe, what an offer Mac. Knowing me, I’ll forget until my reminder next Tuesday.

Good Wednesday morning everyone.

It is 24 days and 15 hours until Christmas.

96B3706F-1F15-4486-9BE8-792E7FDFF838.gif

60032033-B97A-4459-8A04-A8063D54AF70.gif

BB204547-F940-40BF-9C0B-D4CC0C4EA6F6.gif

3D109E8D-C2F8-4E17-84FB-49C0D3269479.gif

And as my sister and I are getting older, we are extending our baking weekend into two.
Those are wonderful traditions to have.

Robo, enjoy seeing your Christmas countdowns. I’m happy to hear your DH is feeling better every day. I hope he is back to feeling good everyday. Mummy dust well wishes blowing his way. And how nice, family visits for Thanksgiving. Yay, I like getting a pedicure. Stylish toes for your holiday, so perfect. I guess my family has always had the host ask for what is needed.

Yes, the Christmas countdowns are fun. So glad you are enjoying it.

Thank you for all the mummy dust. Hubby is doing much better.

I love the time of year, even if the weather is cool or even cold.
I do too. The Christmas season is a special time of year.

schumi it’s time to come home
you are missed here
Yes, you are missed. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Yard man is doing our last lawn mowing today for the season.
My cat is watching him out the windows to make sure he does not miss a spot

It does not take much for the cats to be entertained
LOL….that is funny. Nice to have a lawn supervising kitty.

467D9766-FD69-4959-BBFF-DE00BD75D4B5.gif

We did get out to try some shopping - but couldn't find anything or be inspired. We think we found our one gift for GD...and I almost have her Xmas Eve box complete. I do have her new xmas jammies that will be ready to wear on Xmas Eve, 2 new books bought. I think this year I will add a package of Reindeer food (oatmeal and Glitter ) for her to spread outside to help the reindeer come to her house, and a little hot chocolate kit. I also include a little craft for her to make a xmas tree ornament. This is the tradition I want to do for each grandchild - a Xmas Eve box that they can open on Xmas eve. Even Dh loves looking for her xmas jammies and books with me :lovestruc I love how much he embraces doing things with and for her!
Sounds like fun things planned for your granddaughter. I bet she will be over the moon with her Christmas Eve box.

Kev is recovering well just a slight chestiness and tinnitus on occasion.
Good to hear your hubby is getting better. Hope he continues to heal and has no leftover issues.

Sunday we dressed most of the house but I had to give in before completion as my back is still not right. I’m going for physio next week - no time this week!
Sending prayers your back feels better soon.

Today was a foraged wreath making class. Absolutely loved it! In a barn they use for gatherings with hot spiced apple juice and homemade gingerbread men.
Beautiful Foraged wreath.

A most Wonderful Wednesday to all.
Same to you Lynne.

Janet sending continued prayers for your son. Hope he is doing better.

Getting caught up on a few things around here past few days. I still have some nice things out of the closet to take over to St. Teresa’s Donations.

I watched little J yesterday. As always he was a joy to be around. He and I went on a few errands. He likes going to the shops and looking around. He is my shopping Buddy for sure.

The majority of Christmas gifts are bought and wrapped. Just a couple more and I‘am done.

Today I’am going to continue to work in my office getting things organized and then finish up the Christmas cards I’am going to send out.

I put some steaks out to thaw for dinner.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day doing what ever it is that makes you happy.

handled it all at home on the ‘net. Tomorrow need to go to several places & they can toss the purchases in my trunk. Still, a long list to fulfill.

I don’t miss waiting outside in the cold at 4 am for door busters one bit. My kids speak fondly of joining me when littles…i seem to recall a whole lotta kevetching. funny how time works that way lol.

my kids are insulted by GC & cash for Xmas. No, let me restate that…they want me to read their minds and buy presents to accompany said $ and GC. generally, few returns are required as I do know their taste and buy a large majority of their clothing As their ‘personal shopper’. Keep me busy & I get some exercise bopping about, If nothing else.

the mr ordered ’his retirement tv’ last Sunday. Let’s just say it will barely fit on the one wall Where the existing one is now located in the LR. he built a nice shelved surround for it many years ago that makes the monster tubes less noticeable and gives me nice shelving for decorating.

if (and it’s a big if) I measured it correctly, the height will require him to adjust the legs of the stand. Think I’m going to find something to do that day outside the house.:p

All the other tvs will then bump down the pecking order to other rooms. Not sure if the current curved screen, 60 inch will be too big for our BR. If not, back downstairs into the den it will go and all the others will stay pat. I’m secretly hoping the seed I planted there may take hold lol

any exciting plans for the weekend? Planning on mostly chilling here after a hectic holiday.

I really did love the sound of that retirement tv!!! I`m trying to downsize our tv`s of which we have far too many of them in various rooms, but the biggest one is ridiculous.......but apparently, we need it......lol.....boys and their toys!!

Good Saturday morning everyone.

It is 28 days and 15 hours until Christmas.

View attachment 721362

View attachment 721364

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone.

View attachment 721368

Good to hear you are getting some sunshine. It does make a difference even when its cold out.

It is so nice to get together with family.

Congratulations Charade.

Mac I’am sorry to hear you got sick and had to cancel dinner out. Hope you are feeling better.

Happy Thanksgiving to you to bobbie68. Hope you and your family are well enjoying the holiday season.

Sorry to hear your son is having so many issues Janet. Those respiratory illnesses are terrible to shake sometimes. Continued prayers being sent his way for a full recovery.

Macy’s and a few other stores in the Mall had their Black Friday sales out early this year.

I always buy one really nice gift for the adult kids and older grandchildren and then they get checks. Hubby tells me for the amount of money we give them I shouldn’t go out and buy anything else, but I disagree. The younger grandchildren and great-grandchildren get nice gifts as well as other family present on Christmas Eve.

I call the parents and ask what the littles want for Christmas and go from there.

I think each family knows what to do to please their family for Christmas. I always like hearing what everyones tradition is. There is no right or wrong way. Just what works for everyone.

I do enjoy getting out and shopping a bit too although I have let my fingers do some shopping in the past couple of days.

It has been a busy few days around here. Hubby is doing better everyday.

We hosted Thanksgiving as usual. Everyone was full to the brim with all the good food. My sister brought a lot of sides and they were delicious. I was so glad for all the help cleaning up. Everyone left with food and there was plenty left here for another couple meals.

Granddaughter and her two kiddos from Kentucky came for a visit yesterday. Great-grandson is driving now and he brought is Jeep for us to see.

I made some homemade pizza‘s for lunch and we had a wonderful visit.

We talked a little about the big family Christmas Eve celebration we have here every year. The family is always asking if they can bring something and I think this year I will take them up on it.

Last year I did a big southern country breakfast for the meal and everyone loved it. So I think we will do that again this year. I will think of things they can bring and let them know. This will free up some time for me to really enjoy visiting with family.

I have noticed Carole is missing on the Sans I hope all is well with her and her family. She is missed when she is not posting here.

It is quiet in the house this morning hubby is sleeping in this morning.

Sun is out so I’am happy to see that. It was overcast and gloomy yesterday. The high today is supposed to be 57.

I had my pedicure appointment yesterday so did get out in the morning before granddaughter arrived. There was not much congestion on the roads yesterday leading to the Mall as has been in the past during black Friday. The shopping center that has Target as the anchor was pretty busy. I can tell you that all the Starbucks around the area did a great business yesterday.

I was glad to hear Walmart here and other major stores were not opened Thanksgiving for shopping. That is to much to ask employees to come in on a holiday and work and really not necessary as you can purchase pretty much everything on the computer now.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone doing what ever It is that makes you happy.

Thanksgiving sounded wonderful for you and your family Robbie, I`m glad it all went well and everyone had a lovely time. And yes, take them up on the offer of help for Christmas Eve...they`ll be delighted to do so I`m sure.....

Thanks for asking after me......:)

It's that Monday morning stop in :surfweb:

The weekend flew by fast...I blinked and it was over. I did have a lazier weekend. Worked a shift at the second job Friday night - it was slow but there was lots of stock to put out and refill spots from those shopping all day. And I had the weekend off basically from there.

We did get out to try some shopping - but couldn't find anything or be inspired. We think we found our one gift for GD...and I almost have her Xmas Eve box complete. I do have her new xmas jammies that will be ready to wear on Xmas Eve, 2 new books bought. I think this year I will add a package of Reindeer food (oatmeal and Glitter ) for her to spread outside to help the reindeer come to her house, and a little hot chocolate kit. I also include a little craft for her to make a xmas tree ornament. This is the tradition I want to do for each grandchild - a Xmas Eve box that they can open on Xmas eve. Even Dh loves looking for her xmas jammies and books with me :lovestruc I love how much he embraces doing things with and for her!

Yesterday I actually sat down and started on a quilt for gd's new big girl bed. I don't have many shifts in the next few weeks.- that's a whole other story :sad2: - So I should be able to hopefully get it done before xmas. That is my goal.

I didn't do much shopping for Black Friday. We did book a trip to Vegas to take in a nascar race!!!! It's a short turn and burn trip! But it will be a nice little getaway weekend for the two of us in March. Since we are all ( both ds's as well) heading to the city to do some shopping on the weekend - we are hoping to book our flights to Florida. I don't think we are going until late April/Early May. We found some good prices for that time period. That way when we are all together, we can decide what everyone wants to do, and hopefully come up with some loose plans :banana:

You are a smart woman to NOT be home for delivery day lol. It's great he built all that for around the tv! I love the look of that.
I hope your son is continuing to recover. How scary!

That sounds like a perfect day! Polar Express is a family favorite at our house - along with National Lampoon's :laughing:
I call us " The Griswald's " or " The Clampet's" when we head into the big city and it's an outing with all of us :blush: :rotfl: Well, because we are kindda like them lol.

It sounds like it was a great day! We love turkey left overs even more than actual turkey dinner.

I love when that happens!

I am hoping to snag a few items at Sephora I am needing. I was hoping I could wait and just ask for them as an xmas gift...but I'm almost totally out of 2 products. So I hope I can snag a deal for Cyber Monday! I should also look for another book I wanted for gd for her birthday :scratchin

:flower: It's new action to watch! I hope you had a great time with visits from your kids and their families!

@schumigirl I hope everything is well with you. I miss seeing you post.

Well, I should start to shuffle these papers around.

Have a great day everyone!

We still do Christmas Eve traditions as a family, even as adults it`s something we all cherish and hopefully for your GD and future Grandchildren, those traditions remain.

We always have turkey at Christmas and when we go to Scotland we order one for NY and yes, leftover for meals through January are always enjoyed.

Good luck with the flights, hope you get sorted, and thank you, I`m back.....:-)

schumi it’s time to come home
you are missed here

:hug:

Good Wednesday morning everyone.

It is 24 days and 15 hours until Christmas.

View attachment 722117

View attachment 722118

View attachment 722119

View attachment 722120

Those are wonderful traditions to have.

Yes, the Christmas countdowns are fun. So glad you are enjoying it.

Thank you for all the mummy dust. Hubby is doing much better.

I do too. The Christmas season is a special time of year.

Yes, you are missed. I hope all is well with you and your family.

LOL….that is funny. Nice to have a lawn supervising kitty.

View attachment 722121

Sounds like fun things planned for your granddaughter. I bet she will be over the moon with her Christmas Eve box.

Good to hear your hubby is getting better. Hope he continues to heal and has no leftover issues.

Sending prayers your back feels better soon.

Beautiful Foraged wreath.

Same to you Lynne.

Janet sending continued prayers for your son. Hope he is doing better.

Getting caught up on a few things around here past few days. I still have some nice things out of the closet to take over to St. Teresa’s Donations.

I watched little J yesterday. As always he was a joy to be around. He and I went on a few errands. He likes going to the shops and looking around. He is my shopping Buddy for sure.

The majority of Christmas gifts are bought and wrapped. Just a couple more and I‘am done.

Today I’am going to continue to work in my office getting things organized and then finish up the Christmas cards I’am going to send out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day doing what ever it is that makes you happy.

Thank you Robbie......

Glad you had such a lovely visit with little J.....it`s nice when they like shopping at that age.

Yes, not much left to wrap here, but I still have a fair amount to buy, so will start to think about wrapping them when I`m done.....but this is my favourite time of year, so I cherish every moment.

Last day of November and for us from Scotland, St Andrew`s Day.

Chilly here now, we have 38F but feels like 32F. Fog has shrouded us last few days and although it`s clearing, it has only revealed another layer of grey mist.

We have a Royal Mail strike today and tomorrow.....waiting on several parcels and wanted one today for a friend who leaves tomorrow. But, arranged something else for her instead.

Spent the morning baking and writing emails, so behind with some and making plans to see friends next month......goodness December has crept up.....November always seems to pass like a flash and it`s gone!

Time for tea....

cv2426-M.jpg

:hug:

Last edited:
Robbie your pictures are always great

I got a kick out of the cat picture pawing at the window
Yes, mine do that and the door never opens

Good morning to all!
How many are doing the early shopping today?

We do our Christmas shopping early and send out checks to our sons and their kids.

It works well for them and us

I had planned to grocery shop this morning but the parking lot was full so will try again later today

and if still crowded, will order dinner from the Choo Choo

When our sons were in college we started to do checks and not presents for Christmas.

They much preferred that as we had stopped the santa wish list after they became young adults

All i had to do was decorate the house and bake which i enjoyed doing

Now they are on their own with their spouses can’t get every one together on christmas day

I told them to give me a heads up and which family plans to come visit for any dates in December
believe one son said he will drive to see us with two of his kids
after it’s past the 26 and before december 30

None will be here for christmas eve or day due to they prefer to stay home with their family
And 2 sons and a dil are in law enforcement and can’t get off on work as they have less priority on the holidays list
(They don’t have enough seniority to claim holidays off work)

We are aware if there are snow storms in the northern states, all plans are off
We understand that

We won’t know what are plans will be until much later in december

Temps are warming up for us this week
Looking forward to that
I like taking walks in the Battlefield

I know my day does not sound exciting but temps will be 70 + and I plan to hike today

Hope all are doing good and are healthy!

Hi Macraven:

I am new to this thread and catching up on the last few posts. No way could I read from the beginning, LOL.
Just commenting on your question about Christmas shopping. I used to get up at 5 am to get to the stores for their specials on black friday. Now, I avoid it like the plague!
Like you, our grown kids/grandkids get money or GC's. I only buy for the little grandkids. It seems like everyone just buys what they want when they want it, so it is difficult to buy for Christmas.

We are lucky that our kids all live within 10 miles of us! So it's Christmas with most of the family for us. It must be difficult with your family so far away.
You mentioned the cold north. We live in the cold North and definitely will have (do have now) a white Christmas.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas if I don't make it back to this thread.

Last edited:
Thank goodness it's hump day!!!

Weird day yesterday. Woke up with a migraine - weather is yucky with the temperature sinking accompanied with howling winds - which have arrived with a little snow added in. So much fun :sad2: I had booked the afternoon off as I had an interview and I'm crossing my fingers now as I wait for a reply. The interview went well I think - I will in there for almost an hour and a half :eek: It would be a great place to work!

Then...of all things...there were a couple of earthquakes here :scared1: :eek: :faint:There were 5 different tremors of varying strength - with each not lasting long maybe 15-20 seconds each. The strongest one was 5.3. They were strong enough to have chandeliers/pendulum lights swinging and you could definitely feel it sitting on furniture. It was a very weird sensation.

This morning I drove into the hills to an enterprise built up by the daughter in law of a farming family. She was shocked the orchard produce wasn’t but to best use and over the last 10 years has developed a business around apples. Today was a foraged wreath making class. Absolutely loved it! In a barn they use for gatherings with hot spiced apple juice and homemade gingerbread men.

We had a scare, older one was told to go home earlier today, as coworker had reported he had the virus. Thankfully, older one tested negative, but I do think he has a head cold. Says he’s feeling fine, even though I think it set off his asthma, and he sounds like Darth Vader sounding. So he’s taking his asthma medicines, and he’s off tomorrow. Hence I hope his work does a deeper clean, and older one rests tomorrow. Little one came into our bedroom very early this morning saying, saying was unwell, stomach emptied. Next thing you know, she lay down in my bed, and was fast asleep. Woke up in the early afternoon, and said she had s headache. Medicine for her, and by dinner time, she felt fine. Tested her too, and she was negative too. I’m glad, as will be wearing a mask when I go in tomorrow. Time of year, the moment you are with others, risk of sickness.

Mr Mac asked if we could do mac and cheese and also have fish sticks
YUM!!!!!!!!!! I would pick that over Taco Bell any day ;)
he majority of Christmas gifts are bought and wrapped. Just a couple more and I‘am done.

I only have stocking stuffers done. It will be a light xmas with us paying for a good portion of the Florida trip for all the kids. It is great to have your shopping done already. We usually try to have it done for this weekend. That is the goal. Some years we do it...other years...not so much lol. I am hoping to finish this weekend when we visit the kids in the big city.
Spent the morning baking and writing emails, so behind with some and making plans to see friends next month......goodness December has crept up.....November always seems to pass like a flash and it`s gone!

Time for tea....
Sounds like a perfect way to spend a day! And yes, December came very quick November flew by.

Well, I should start shuffling these papers around.

Hi Macracen:

I am new to this thread and catching up on the last few posts. No way could I read from the beginning, LOL.
Just commenting on your question about Christmas shopping. I used to get up at 5 am to get to the stores for their specials on black friday. Now, I avoid it like the plague!
Like you, our grown kids/grandkids get money or GC's. I only buy for the little grandkids. It seems like everyone just buys what they want when they want it, so it is difficult to buy for Christmas.

We are lucky that our kids all live within 10 miles of us! So it's Christmas with most of the family for us. It must be difficult with your family so far away.
You mentioned the cold north. We live in the cold North and definitely will have (do have now) a white Christmas.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas if I don't make it back to this thread.

Good to see you here Ruth....I did wonder if you`d drop by.......:wave2:

Yes, you do live where it is COLD!!!!

Thank goodness it's hump day!!!

Weird day yesterday. Woke up with a migraine - weather is yucky with the temperature sinking accompanied with howling winds - which have arrived with a little snow added in. So much fun :sad2: I had booked the afternoon off as I had an interview and I'm crossing my fingers now as I wait for a reply. The interview went well I think - I will in there for almost an hour and a half :eek: It would be a great place to work!

Then...of all things...there were a couple of earthquakes here :scared1: :eek: :faint:There were 5 different tremors of varying strength - with each not lasting long maybe 15-20 seconds each. The strongest one was 5.3. They were strong enough to have chandeliers/pendulum lights swinging and you could definitely feel it sitting on furniture. It was a very weird sensation.

YUM!!!!!!!!!! I would pick that over Taco Bell any day ;)

I only have stocking stuffers done. It will be a light xmas with us paying for a good portion of the Florida trip for all the kids. It is great to have your shopping done already. We usually try to have it done for this weekend. That is the goal. Some years we do it...other years...not so much lol. I am hoping to finish this weekend when we visit the kids in the big city.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend a day! And yes, December came very quick November flew by.

Well, I should start shuffling these papers around.

Good luck with the job interview Pumpkin.....hope you get it as it sounds like it would be a good move for you! And earthquakes???? Crikey.......

Hope the headache has gone and you`re much better now.....

Sorted out our Christmas movies we watch from early December up till Christmas.

Not in any real order, but we always start with Trading Places and Christmas Eve is an afternoon of two movies.....Alastair Sim 1951 Scrooge which for us is the best version of that movie out of them all, and then we finish with White Christmas with Bing and Danny Kaye.......

Also December is the month I read one of my many versions of A Christmas Carol, my favourite Charles Dickens book. I have lots of different copies of it, much to the bewilderment of non book readers, sadly no first edition yet.....maybe one day......

So, this is my list of movies to watch in a cosy room snuggled with my husband and candles, Christmas lights and decorations around.......

Trading Places

Muppet Christmas Carol

Scrooge (1951)

A Christmas Carol (1938)

Scrooged

White Christmas

Home Alone 1 & 2

The Grinch (Jim Carrey)

Love Actually

Christmas Vacation

Christmas with the Kranks

The Christmas Chronicles 1 & 2

Bad Santa (not for kids)

Elf (new for this year)

Die Hard 1 & 2

Potter movies if we have time.

We also watch The Nutcracker and several other classical concerts that show every year.

There are some films we never watch much to the amusement of some......Miracle on 34th St, It`s a Wonderful Life and no Santa Claus or Polar Express in this home!

That`s all the evenings we don`t go out in December sorted for movies.

Disneysenior
Welcome to your new home away from home

Once you post in this thread, you are in our homie family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter