Something About Nothing............ #14

:welcome:@disneyseniors

I have to say...that is a favorite in our house. We don't get to watch it every year. When our youngest ds was young, I would have to hide the dvd so that he couldn't watch it :rolleyes1 He loved it that much.
Me - it's not xmas until I watch National Lampoons Christmas! That is my xmas movie I love.

lol…….love Christmas Vacation too!

5AB9C8C0-F050-4841-8052-B5CCEB263619.jpeg

i-fxrgH4L-Th.jpg

i-fkhRk3J-S.jpg

i-hHgzRms-S.jpg

i-H3kVTKZ-S.jpg

Yep, December 1st is here.......Advent calendar day!!!

Making Cioppini for dinner tonight, all the freshest of seafood in one dish, not the usual way I serve seafood, but quite fancied it for a change, so we`ll see how it turns out.

Busy day ahead, some baking for the church planned and Tom is doing some deliveries for a local charity and we might try and start our Christmas movie marathons if we have time this afternoon or more likely this evening.

Croissants with bacon for breakfast today and one of our Christmas teapots and all the other stuff like mugs and crockery are all back in use from today....love all the Christmas accessories around the place now.......it`s a little like Santa`s Grotto here now....with taste of course 😉

Have a lovely Thursday ☺️

Yay, what a day to be thirsty. But yeah,
6F7BDD18-4E97-43C3-82D4-5B5F8B819121.png

Hehe, i wish, but if ever a time for holiday movies it’s this month.

You know,
53F8260F-3FA0-4475-9BA4-C46C6E1CA0E8.png

Yay! We have quite the number of advent calendars, so lots of fun to open today. Bought my sister a wine one, so hoping she likes the first one.

So, have a drink or many today, a Thirsty Thursday is here. And thank goodness the alarm is now off. Three day weekend? Ahhhh. I could really get used to this every week.

A very good night’s sleep, as was awake about 10 minutes before alarm went off. I always wait about 10 minutes to get up, as the news channel I have the alarm set on, generally gives all the news, in about 10 minutes, then that news is repeated, with any new updates, or just a repeat, all day and night. So local and both national and international news, all compacted for the day, so I get generally knowing what’s happening today quickly.

And news? Weather is what is what I like to hear, or not. Unseasonably cold, as we are below freezing and will have some sunny days before a rainy Saturday. But I’ll take it, as still not that snowy forecast. Hoping none this Winter. And what an up and down forecast. 50’s to 30’s high temps in that 10 day forecast. Today we at least see 40, the high temp, probably later afternoon, with sun and blue skies. And thankfully, our heater gets fixed today,

So jacket and my sunglasses for my lunchtime walk. Yay! Unlike no walk yesterday, as wind gusts were 50 mph and trying to use an umbrella in a steady rain was useless with the wind.

So this first day of December, have that most terrific Thursday Thursday. Last days of this year. Wow. Time flying for sure.

And what the? Thought was a bug tickling my hand. Nope, loose single hair strand. Sigh. I know you lose single hair strands every day, but ack when they kinda make ya go what is that? And mine are blonde enough, they can be harder to see.

It's a very cold Thirsty Thursday here. It's that ugly nasty cold that burns your lungs when you take that first breath once you hit the cold air cold :cold: But enough of that! I'm enjoying my morning tea with the heater on under my desk - so all is good ;)

Very quiet night last night. I worked on the gd's quilt. It will be super cute when it's done. Lots of little cuts, pressing and stitching to get the desired pattern. It will be super cute when I'm done. Hopefully soon I'll have more progress and have the pieces sewn together to post a picture. I am hoping I can tie in some yellow as she picked to have a yellow wall in her room.

Tonight will probably be the same - working on the quilt. I am not heading out once I get home. It's just too cold to be out running around. I will stay home and keep toasty warm ::yes::

I am not sure what is on the menu for dinner tonight. Since dh has been working out of town all week, I have been making ds's favorite foods. Last night was butter chicken. I am not sure what I'll make tonight.

Well...off to do some more paper shuffling. Close up our month end stuff.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Quick hello. I just finished math homework and a discussion board post. Tommy I take a test and then I will be done with week 6. This weekend I will try to get a head start on the paper for my other class. It is due December 12.

Tomorrow night I am taking a well deserved break and going to see Mannheim Steamroller. Should be fun.

Speaking of fun, we are going to Gatlinburg, TN at Christmastime. We are going to see an Elvis tribute show on dh's birthday. Today I emailed the theater and asked if they did anything special for birthdays. I got an email back that said if I send them dh's name they will have one of the performers wish him a happy birthday. I hope he gets a birthday wish from "Elvis". I have not told dh about this.

Hope everyone is doing well. I will go back and read posts later.

Charade that sounds like a fabulous thing to do!
who does not like a show with Elvis!

It will be a great way to celebrate your dh birthday

I can remember when you first posted about going back to school
Seems like it was yesterday…. in a way

Now you don’t have long to go with school

I can remember when you first posted about going back to school
Seems like it was yesterday…. in a way
It was just 7 months ago. I didn’t realize how close I was to finishing. I have 5 months and 11 days until graduation.

well you are now over half way done!

Math was never my strongest subject in school obviously..
But it seems like you have been taking classes a long time

There is a light at the end of the tunnel..

Yay, Charade getting the school work done. Fabulously sounding plans for Christmas. A MS show we saw at the dark side last year. I love hearing their spin on the holiday music. Will certainly get you into the holiday spirit.

I need to get to bed, so hope all have that such a good night’s sleep. The heater got fixed, and now I think I need to turn the heat down some. I like it cooler when I’m asleep. Which is shortly.

Will be up that why am I up so early later this morning, but maybe a little later now that I’m up a bit late.

Fantastic Friday homies. Woot wee hours of Friday.

9C6C4748-4125-4E78-91B0-38789DE3AAF2.jpeg
Three day one for me. Wahoo!

Hi everyone.
I hope I can introduce myself and join in here? I have been reading (I confess not *all* the whole thread, but a good chunk of it)
My Disboard use is sporadic at the best of times, I use it LOADS when I have a holiday booked, and then, I slide into DISboard despair when my holiday is over / pandemic cancelled and there may be no more Florida Theme Park-y goodness (Florida is a long way from westest Wales)
Still, we're all booked for RPR over Christmas, and we have never been to Universal, so... here I am.
Today, it is the 2nd of December and I am already regretting my commitment to bringing the magic of the Elf (who does not stay on the bloody shelf) to life, since I absolutely cannot remember to make it do something for the morning before I go to bed, and I also forget to write back to my daughter AS the elf (she is dyslexic so, it is AWESOME that she likes to write to the elf, but, it's HARD to understand what she has said, and since I am hopeless, even harder to remember to write back in elfy handwriting!)
I have very much enjoyed reading this thread, and love the friendliness in the community.

So nice to know more about you Jam. Long ago, I toured England, Scotland and Wales. Have to say, the Caernarfon Castle and along the Western coastal scenery in Wales, was so beautiful. And you’ll be the early bird to me, as I live in the mid Atlantic area, with a 2 hour flight down the coast to Florida. Thus, 5 hours earlier than you. Hope your Christmas trip is fabulous and hope flights go fast and are uneventful. Hehe, never used that elf. My kids are in their 20’s, so I guess we missed said elf. I’d be like you, forgetful.

And here I am, up too early, but so is DH. Decided to actually make him real coffee, not that instant coffee, and then I get all the tea kettle water for me. Yay!

And do a most happy Friday. You know,
A5186758-136C-443C-9947-81E35824D642.gif

Quick hello. I just finished math homework and a discussion board post. Tommy I take a test and then I will be done with week 6. This weekend I will try to get a head start on the paper for my other class. It is due December 12.

Tomorrow night I am taking a well deserved break and going to see Mannheim Steamroller. Should be fun.

Speaking of fun, we are going to Gatlinburg, TN at Christmastime. We are going to see an Elvis tribute show on dh's birthday. Today I emailed the theater and asked if they did anything special for birthdays. I got an email back that said if I send them dh's name they will have one of the performers wish him a happy birthday. I hope he gets a birthday wish from "Elvis". I have not told dh about this.

Hope everyone is doing well. I will go back and read posts later.

Good luck with your paper due soon, you have done really well in such a short time...

who does not like a show with Elvis!

Me!!! Not a fan......although I don`t like The Beatles, Rolling Stones (sorry Janet) and The Who......not my thing at all....... I`ve been told I`m unusual though!!!

Hi everyone.
I hope I can introduce myself and join in here? I have been reading (I confess not *all* the whole thread, but a good chunk of it)
My Disboard use is sporadic at the best of times, I use it LOADS when I have a holiday booked, and then, I slide into DISboard despair when my holiday is over / pandemic cancelled and there may be no more Florida Theme Park-y goodness (Florida is a long way from westest Wales)
Still, we're all booked for RPR over Christmas, and we have never been to Universal, so... here I am.
Today, it is the 2nd of December and I am already regretting my commitment to bringing the magic of the Elf (who does not stay on the bloody shelf) to life, since I absolutely cannot remember to make it do something for the morning before I go to bed, and I also forget to write back to my daughter AS the elf (she is dyslexic so, it is AWESOME that she likes to write to the elf, but, it's HARD to understand what she has said, and since I am hopeless, even harder to remember to write back in elfy handwriting!)
I have very much enjoyed reading this thread, and love the friendliness in the community.

Welcome DJ......

I have someone to talk to on the early mornings if you`re around.....usually I`m talking to myself......although you do have some of the best conversations with yourself!!

Hang around and join in......mac is our leader, she`ll be along to give you the official welcome.....

Been to school this morning to do my reading sessions, it was fun as always. But, why is there always one.......I need to turn this into a postcard and give it to someone.....competitiveness is such an ugly trait!!

cv17-S.png

It`s been cold and grey again today, although the sun is shining now.

Made shrimp lettuce wraps for lunch, should have been something warm I think, but they`re made now.....and no cook mini buffet for me and my mister tonight......will open a nice bottle of wine and then watch Trading Places I think.....

More present wrapping this afternoon, and hoping we get a few things delivered this afternoon and I can get them wrapped too and there`s a new set of Christmassy table decorations coming too....should have arrived on Wednesday.....they`ll be here. And a wine delivery too which is always welcome!!

Almost lunchtime and then a large pot of tea with some petticoat tails shortbread......lush!!!

Have a wonderful Friday....... ☺️

cv89-S.jpg

cv90-S.jpg

So nice to know more about you Jam. Long ago, I toured England, Scotland and Wales. Have to say, the Caernarfon Castle and along the Western coastal scenery in Wales, was so beautiful. And you’ll be the early bird to me, as I live in the mid Atlantic area, with a 2 hour flight down the coast to Florida. Thus, 5 hours earlier than you. Hope your Christmas trip is fabulous and hope flights go fast and are uneventful. Hehe, never used that elf. My kids are in their 20’s, so I guess we missed said elf. I’d be like you, forgetful.

And here I am, up too early, but so is DH. Decided to actually make him real coffee, not that instant coffee, and then I get all the tea kettle water for me. Yay!

And do a most happy Friday. You know,
View attachment 722607
Thank you! We are not far from Tenby, which is famously beautiful, so we are very lucky! Thank you for the good wishes.
I am full of good intentions with regard to the elf, and have ideas and small gifts, but, apparently, absolutely no ability to remember to actually DO them!
I am a real coffee person - DH only drinks tea, (don't tell anyone but he has a special little tin of tea bags to take on his holiday!)

Good luck with your paper due soon, you have done really well in such a short time...

Me!!! Not a fan......although I don`t like The Beatles, Rolling Stones (sorry Janet) and The Who......not my thing at all....... I`ve been told I`m unusual though!!!

Welcome DJ......

I have someone to talk to on the early mornings if you`re around.....usually I`m talking to myself......although you do have some of the best conversations with yourself!!

Hang around and join in......mac is our leader, she`ll be along to give you the official welcome.....

Been to school this morning to do my reading sessions, it was fun as always. But, why is there always one.......I need to turn this into a postcard and give it to someone.....competitiveness is such an ugly trait!!

cv17-S.png

It`s been cold and grey again today, although the sun is shining now.

Made shrimp lettuce wraps for lunch, should have been something warm I think, but they`re made now.....and no cook mini buffet for me and my mister tonight......will open a nice bottle of wine and then watch Trading Places I think.....

More present wrapping this afternoon, and hoping we get a few things delivered this afternoon and I can get them wrapped too and there`s a new set of Christmassy table decorations coming too....should have arrived on Wednesday.....they`ll be here. And a wine delivery too which is always welcome!!

Almost lunchtime and then a large pot of tea with some petticoat tails shortbread......lush!!!

Have a wonderful Friday....... ☺️

cv89-S.jpg

cv90-S.jpg
Ooh, your lunch sounds yummy - I am having left over Chinese food for mine - DS had a birthday this week, so...

i can keep a secret and not spill the beans your other half carries a tin
welcome to your new home!
Thank you! We are not far from Tenby, which is famously beautiful, so we are very lucky! Thank you for the good wishes.
I am full of good intentions with regard to the elf, and have ideas and small gifts, but, apparently, absolutely no ability to remember to actually DO them!
I am a real coffee person - DH only drinks tea, (don't tell anyone but he has a special little tin of tea bags to take on his holiday!)

Good Friday morning.

It is 22 hours and 50 minutes until Christmas.
A20C07AC-D6B3-40BD-AAD5-2470F7610B43.gif

039E93EF-AAAD-4DA3-B4F4-2DC4142C8FA4.gif

C10A92BA-209C-4BF9-A8F6-7F141B385DB0.gif

Thanksgiving sounded wonderful for you and your family Robbie, I`m glad it all went well and everyone had a lovely time. And yes, take them up on the offer of help for Christmas Eve...they`ll be delighted to do so I`m sure.....
Thank you Carole. We did enjoy all the family and good food. Yes, I’am going to take everyone up on the help for Christmas Eve. Looking forward to having more free time to enjoy visiting with everyone.

Thanks for asking after me......:)
Your so welcome. You are missed when you are gone.

Yes, not much left to wrap here, but I still have a fair amount to buy, so will start to think about wrapping them when I`m done.....but this is my favourite time of year, so I cherish every moment.
Sounds like you are staying caught up on your Christmas gift buying and wrapping too. It does make things less stressful during what is supposed to be a fun time of the year.

Spent the morning baking and writing emails, so behind with some and making plans to see friends next month......goodness December has crept up.....November always seems to pass like a flash and it`s gone!
Sounds like a wonderful morning. It seems like time is passing so quickly. Christmas will be here before you know it.

Robbie your pictures are always great

I got a kick out of the cat picture pawing at the window
Yes, mine do that and the door never opens
Thank you Mac.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas if I don't make it back to this thread.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas too disneyseniors.

Welcome to the Sans family. Mac has made this a wonderful place for all of us to communicate and stay in the loop of all the latest news at Universal Orlando and everything else.

The interview went well I think - I will in there for almost an hour and a half :eek: It would be a great place to work!
Crossing fingers and toes that you get the job.

Then...of all things...there were a couple of earthquakes here :scared1: :eek: :faint:There were 5 different tremors of varying strength - with each not lasting long maybe 15-20 seconds each. The strongest one was 5.3. They were strong enough to have chandeliers/pendulum lights swinging and you could definitely feel it sitting on furniture. It was a very weird sensation.
Wow….are you on or near a fault line. That is scary.

I only have stocking stuffers done. It will be a light xmas with us paying for a good portion of the Florida trip for all the kids. It is great to have your shopping done already. We usually try to have it done for this weekend. That is the goal. Some years we do it...other years...not so much lol. I am hoping to finish this weekend when we visit the kids in the big city.
Sounds like the perfect gift. Going as a family and making memories in the sunshine state.

We also watch The Nutcracker and several other classical concerts that show every year.
The Nutcracker is my favorite. I love to listen to the CD while I’am decorating for Christmas or making cookies. The ballet is my favorite. It just puts one in the Christmas spirit and it is a classic.

I have to say...that is a favorite in our house. We don't get to watch it every year. When our youngest ds was young, I would have to hide the dvd so that he couldn't watch it :rolleyes1 He loved it that much.
There is a old train that runs for a bit down the Train tracks in French Lick Indiana. They turned it into the Polar Express during the Christmas season and it is sold out usually every year.

Making Cioppini for dinner tonight, all the freshest of seafood in one dish, not the usual way I serve seafood, but quite fancied it for a change, so we`ll see how it turns out.
Sounds like a yummy meal.

It's a very cold Thirsty Thursday here. It's that ugly nasty cold that burns your lungs when you take that first breath once you hit the cold air cold :cold: But enough of that! I'm enjoying my morning tea with the heater on under my desk - so all is good ;)
That is cold.

Very quiet night last night. I worked on the gd's quilt. It will be super cute when it's done. Lots of little cuts, pressing and stitching to get the desired pattern. It will be super cute when I'm done. Hopefully soon I'll have more progress and have the pieces sewn together to post a picture. I am hoping I can tie in some yellow as she picked to have a yellow wall in her room.

The quilt sounds beautiful. I look forward to seeing your picture when its finished.

Charade what a nice surprise for your hubby. I’am sure he will love it.

Good to have you joining the family Drunkjam. Christmas at Universal will be wonderful. Sounds like they have a lot of fun things going on for Christmas.

Happy belated birthday to your son.

57FDF74E-C55E-45C0-9731-10EE7BDD1EA8.gif

Cold and overcast morning here. I need to get out and get some grocery shopping done today.

Might stop in to Home Goods and have a look around. They always have such nice Christmas items and displays. I don’t need anymore Christmas things, but it’s nice to have a look. Never know….LOL

I’am thinking of taking a day trip to Mall at Green Hills in Nashville or The Fashion Mall at Keystone in Indianapolis for a fun day of shopping. Going to see if the ladies in the family would like to do this. These are bigger Malls with more stores then our local Mall here. Would be a nice fun day trip.

Going to mail Christmas cards while I’am out today. We have already received a few cards already.

Need to get scootin.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone doing what ever makes you happy.

Good Friday morning.

It is 22 hours and 50 minutes until Christmas.
View attachment 722682

View attachment 722684

View attachment 722685

Thank you Carole. We did enjoy all the family and good food. Yes, I’am going to take everyone up on the help for Christmas Eve. Looking forward to having more free time to enjoy visiting with everyone.

Your so welcome. You are missed when you are gone.

Sounds like you are staying caught up on your Christmas gift buying and wrapping too. It does make things less stressful during what is supposed to be a fun time of the year.

Sounds like a wonderful morning. It seems like time is passing so quickly. Christmas will be here before you know it.

Thank you Mac.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas too disneyseniors.

Welcome to the Sans family. Mac has made this a wonderful place for all of us to communicate and stay in the loop of all the latest news at Universal Orlando and everything else.

Crossing fingers and toes that you get the job.

Wow….are you on or near a fault line. That is scary.

Sounds like the perfect gift. Going as a family and making memories in the sunshine state.

The Nutcracker is my favorite. I love to listen to the CD while I’am decorating for Christmas or making cookies. The ballet is my favorite. It just puts one in the Christmas spirit and it is a classic.

There is a old train that runs for a bit down the Train tracks in French Lick Indiana. They turned it into the Polar Express during the Christmas season and it is sold out usually every year.

Sounds like a yummy meal.

That is cold.

The quilt sounds beautiful. I look forward to seeing your picture when its finished.

Charade what a nice surprise for your hubby. I’am sure he will love it.

Good to have you joining the family Drunkjam. Christmas at Universal will be wonderful. Sounds like they have a lot of fun things going on for Christmas.

Happy belated birthday to your son.

View attachment 722690

Cold and overcast morning here. I need to get out and get some grocery shopping done today.

Might stop in to Home Goods and have a look around. They always have such nice Christmas items and displays. I don’t need anymore Christmas things, but it’s nice to have a look. Never know….LOL

I’am thinking of taking a day trip to Mall at Green Hills in Nashville or The Fashion Mall at Keystone in Indianapolis for a fun day of shopping. Going to see if the ladies in the family would like to do this. These are bigger Malls with more stores then our local Mall here. Would be a nice fun day trip.

Going to mail Christmas cards while I’am out today. We have already received a few cards already.

Need to get scootin.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone doing what ever makes you happy.
Aww thank you! He was 16, so, it was a bit of a big deal - he is unique and celebrated by opening a savings account!
You are all so organised for Christmas! I am pretty good, (I have minion pjs in Grinch wrapping paper for everyone to open on actual Christmas, cos we'll be away, and a bunch of things for our return, when we will celebrate New Year) but I have not written much less mailed my cards! (except the international ones, I am not entirely hopeless!)

Robo, shopping in those larger malls sounds like a nice time. Little one and I went to our big mall late yesterday afternoon, and it was pleasantly not crowded. Going to mall today, as BBW has its candle sale today. We like having them lit this time of year. Could have ordered them late last night, but I want to see what they have in person.

Hehe, older one off today, and little one is getting ready for her finals, so neither has stirred. I may go out for some grocery shopping, as like to do it before the weekend,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter