Something About Nothing............ #14

Ugh. A Monday is here. Yeah, and 21 degrees. Yes, well below freezing this morning. 40 the high. Cool days we have been having. But hey, full days of sunshine, so there’s that. Though those winds yesterday and to be today have been telling you it’s definitely cool out there. Brr. And our home heater is still broken. Sigh. I hope the parts come in today and heater gets fixed.

But a short week, and most likely quiet, as many go away for the holiday this week. Little one will be the latest up, as her university gets this whole week off. Older one does work today. I think his week day routine is working every other day, this week, though he works this coming weekend.

I’m glad most stores are back to when none were open on Thanksgiving. No need to shop, as workers need a day off to enjoy, and online stores will be open 24 hours, like they are not on a holiday.

And so, up that early hour, but was awake before alarm went off as was DH. But DH makes sure he is noisy enough I get up faster too. But so happy to turn off that alarm after I get up on Wednesday. And yay for me. As office gave me notice last night, it also has no heat. As such, yay no commuting today, hopefully not needed for more than a week.

Thus, a most Marvelous Monday to all.

Finally getting to do a quick stop in!

It was a busy weekend for me. The family - not so much lol. That's alright. DH works long hours all week (he's usually gone to work by 5:30 am and not home until around 5:00 pm) but I came home a meals cooked and some laundry done. So that is a win in my books. Busy weekend full of busy peeps out shopping. It is gearing up for a very busy Xmas season already. I put in around 15,000 steps with each shift :eek: I almost felt like I had been walking in the parks all day - only not having the time of my life riding amazing rides, seeing and experiencing amazing warm humid weather or enjoying some great restaurants.

turns out he had both bacterial pneunomia & a blood infection from it. Was in hospital for 6 days. have him here now, watching like a hawk. Dr feels another two weeks before he fully rebounds.
Wow - how scary! I hope he rebounds fast.
Kev is improved today. Up and showered and has eaten a meal tonight. Changed the bed again and will be back in it fairly early but much better.
Good to hear he is getting better. I know the flu is hitting people hard this year.
My son and his family we dropped off at the airport
A short visit and wished they could have stayed longer

It’s not a long flight to Milwaukee but due to their jobs, they could only see us a short time period.

Other son will be leaving later
Walking Dead final show tonight.
Yea, I have been hooked on it from the start and need to see the ending of it
It's great you had a visit with your son and his family. Those visits are always too short. I find it hard to leave or have my family leave after they visit me.

How was the end of the show. I haven't heard anything, but I also haven't looked for any information either. I haven't watched the show for a few years now.
Tonight I got the rest of the stuff I needed for Thanksgiving dinner. I’m bringing desserts again. Friday we are going to Busch Gardens with friends.
That sounds like it will be a blast!!! Have fun if you don't get to stop in again until after Thanksgiving.
But a short week, and most likely quiet, as many go away for the holiday this week. Little one will be the latest up, as her university gets this whole week off. Older one does work today. I think his week day routine is working every other day, this week, though he works this coming weekend.
Enjoy that short week!!!!!

Well, it's time to me to head out for a lunch break. Going to oggle some christmas decs at Michael's. I don't really need anything else, I have spend a little money at Homesense on a few more items to add for decorating this year :o I better not spend anymore $$$.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Monday evening everyone.

It is 33 days and 4 hours until Christmas

409D4C94-1BB3-4FF4-A327-90E2CCF08C87.gif

60BF7545-5026-47F5-9EBD-08B8FF8F563B.gif

Must be because of all of those Christmas cookies he eats.
Mrs. Claus is feeding him to many sweets….LOL

Glad to hear your husband is getting better, will cheer your heart to hear that good news. It`s been a long haul for you both.
Thank you. I’am so thankful he is doing so much better. It is time for things to start looking up for sure.

Never heard of squishmallows? They sound cute though.....yes, always something new to catch the little one`s eyes.
It seems they come up with new things all the time for the young ones. They are really cute soft pillows with different character designs.

no one I know has decorated yet, most of us wait till the end of November beginning of December.....I am looking forward to doing all the trees and decorations last Saturday of this month....open a bottle of wine, have sweet mince pies and little snacks around......not that different to a normal Saturday now I think on it......lol......
Sounds like a nice time. Decorating the house does make things so cheerful and really puts one in the Christmas spirit for sure. Enjoy.

I would love to visit a Hobby Lobby!!! They look amazing! It is nice to see the stores with stock of chirstmas items. Last year, there was not nearly enough around, so I think people are buying because there was a shortage last year. Our seasonal section at HomeSense, has been really picked over in the last 2 weeks. We have had a ton of stock go through and our shelves were full all of October with stock always coming in to fill what was going out the door, but it has slowed down now. It is getting harder and harder to make beautiful displays with what is left.
Yes, people here are really in the Christmas spirit for decorating. I have been seeing folks buying some interesting things for their trees. I had to go back to Hobby Lobby for another thing for my kitchen tree and they were mobbed saturday.

Squishmallows are hugely popular here too! They are super cute and another fab/collectable.
They are really cute. I did find one I thought great-granddaughter would like. It’s one of the larger ones.

Robo, I found the cheapest smashmellows at Costco. Little one, no matter how old she is, got a good sized cow one there. We have their store in our biggest mall. Did pick up a 12 pack of little ones at Costco and my young nieces and nephew love them when we face them last year.
I looked at the ones they had online at Cotsco and they had limited characters to pick from. I think its cute they all have names and Squish dates which I assume is their birthdates. They are like the Cabbage Patch dolls of pillows….LOL

Hey all. It’s been a really scary week for me. middle DS has health issues, scheduled for surgery 3rd week in December. Plan is to take him to Orlando the week before to get him a well-needed boost of cheer.
I’am sorry to hear your son has been so sick. No matter how old our kiddos are they are still our babies so to speak. Sending healing prayers for him to get well and also prayers for you as you continue to advocate for your sons care.

has been feeling really poorly for nearly a month to point where I took to ER thrice. They found some minor issues, treated; yet soon sick again. Last Saturday his oxygen level dropped to such a low level, i thought the meter was broken Called ambulance and he was transported to different hospital as our health system had a four hour stop on patients. The flu & rsv is terrible here.
He is lucky to have a mom to fight for the care he needs. I‘ am so glad to hear you had another hospital to choose from to go to.

turns out he had both bacterial pneunomia & a blood infection from it. Was in hospital for 6 days. have him here now, watching like a hawk. Dr feels another two weeks before he fully rebounds.
I often tell people that you need someone standing beside you advocating for your health needs when you are ill in this ever changing world of healthcare. It sounds like you are not only a wonderful mom, but a wonderful advocate for your families health needs.

Same, from the time they were 3, off we went. Such fun to dress up and do lunch at fancy restaurant in town with them. we all loved it until the PBT decided to ‘mess with it’ and modernize it & set it in our city. Haven’t been back since. Disappointing, do watch it on PBS every year tho At least.
I miss going actually. We did the same thing. It was a lovely night out of dressing up and having a great meal then onto The Nutcracker Ballet. I do miss it. The local ballet here could not match Chicago‘s ballet company performance, but they performed really well.

B's roommate saga continues. She told us today that she is losing her current roommate. She won't be returning after Thanksgiving break. So for those of you following along:
Sorry to hear B is having issues with her roommates hope all works out for her.

Been a long nice day for us having two sons with us.
My how I have missed them
Mac even though it was a short visit I bet you all had a great time. I’am so glad to hear you had a visit from you sons and grandson.

Kev is improved today. Up and showered and has eaten a meal tonight. Changed the bed again and will be back in it fairly early but much better.
RFF good to hear Kev is improving. Continued prayers for his return to good health.

I watched little J today. I had missed him. He is so easy to watch. He is a happy little fellow. He and I went to the Mall today. There is a play area there and he enjoys going there. There are some rides there he enjoys going on too.

I popped into Macy’s and they had a lot of their Clinique products on sale. I found a few things for the ladies that do my hair, nails and massage. I always buy a few things for them for Christmas.

This past weekend I did some wrapping. I only have a few people to buy for and I’am done.

Now its time for thinking of the Thanksgiving dinner. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We are going to have our dinner earlier this year. This well help make sure everyone is able to get here on time and have a hot meal.

Enjoy this Christmas season with all its decorations and cheer. May the peace of this Holy time of celebration bring warmth to your heart and home.

Last edited:
Ah a Tuesday is here. Time for Mac to enjoy her Taco Bell food. Wonderful for your boys and family to visit.

Another cool and sunny day. Should be a carbon copy of today, until a rainy Friday. Yep, our Black Friday may be wet. But at least with the rain, the high will be in the mid 50’s. So that’s a win in my book. Cool enough feeling rain, but not freezing rain nor snow. Yep, a winning weather day, even with some rain. Late November, and in the 50’s? Woot!

Tea and second last day of week day routine. So tea and the early bird here.

I hope Keisha’s son is feeling better today. Scary, and hard when it’s your kid, no matter how old. Mummy dust well wishes to him, and hope a fabulous trip.

Hope Real’s DH is feeling better too. Mummy dust well wishes continued for him too.

Ah unfortunately, back to that time of year icky viruses are around aplenty. Here, flu and rsv are in the news. Mummy dust well wishes sent to any other homie, family, or friend of a homie that is feeling sick.

Thus, have a most terrific Taco Tuesday. Yes, that’s right, the day of the week, you say yes, today I could eat a 🌮. As it’s Taco Tuesday. ::yes::

And a most hearty good morning to all too. And back to routine I go.

I would quite enjoy Taco Bell for dinner but we need to make a dent in the chicken dinner left over from last night

and what is left over after tonight will be made into chicken salad for Wednesday.

Dinner out on Thursday which will be turkey as it is a preset menu at Ruth Chris's

Looking forward to Friday for Taco Bell

What are all the homies doing on Thanksgiving day?
Cooking or eating out or having family over ?

It's Taco Tuesday....only probably honey garlic chicken and roasted veggies for dinner tonight.

Not much else to report on. Our weather is BEAUTIFUL again. It's above freezing and sunny! I'm soaking up each ray we get.

Looking at new phones. My current one is 4 yrs old...and the battery just doesn't last long, and is getting slower and doesn't respond to my touching the screen all the time. I have put it off as I'm frugal and our plans for phones are some of the highest in the world. But I think it's time. I am hoping to get a good deal with some sort of black friday sale.

I watched little J today. I had missed him. He is so easy to watch. He is a happy little fellow. He and I went to the Mall today. There is a play area there and he enjoys going there. There are some rides there he enjoys going on too
I;m sure Little J loves the time he gets to spend with you. I know you cherish all the time you get to spend with him. Thank you for the Xmas countdown as well. It makes me want to get my butt in gear and get some things crossed off my list.
unfortunately, back to that time of year icky viruses are around aplenty. Here, flu and rsv are in the news. Mummy dust well wishes sent to any other homie, family, or friend of a homie that is feeling sick.
Yes...there is a particular nasty one going around here. Older ds has some sort of cootie thing. I've banished him to the basement as I don't want to get it.

Well, I should shuffle a few more papers and complete a few p/o's for purchases.

Taking another math break. I'm trying to get as much as I can done by tomorrow soI don't have to think about it over Thanksgiving.

We have cancelled our Black Friday plans. The weather in Williamsburg is showing 80 percent chance of rain. We will try to go again another weekend. I texted my cat sitter and cancelled. I asked her to send me an invoice anyway. I feel that I should pay her since I cancelled last minute.

I’m glad most stores are back to when none were open on Thanksgiving. No need to shop, as workers need a day off to enjoy, and online stores will be open 24 hours, like they are not on a holiday.
I tried going to an outlet mall on Thanksgiving day once. Never again. I won't even venture out on Black Friday anymore.

I put in around 15,000 steps with each shift
Impressive. I sit at a desk all day. I should probably think of some way I could get a little exercise while working.

I think it's cute they all have names and Squish dates which I assume is their birthdates.
I need to go check and see if mine has a name and birthdate.

Yep, our Black Friday may be wet.
Same here. Also Saturday which won't be good for the last football game of the season.

What are all the homies doing on Thanksgiving day?
Cooking or eating out or having family over ?
We have our usual plans of going to friends house. I am bringing desserts again. I'll make one dessert tomorrow evening and the other on Thursday morning.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to get some sleep or try to finish one more assignment.

94926E97-2A24-42D9-9B26-AC9BC6A0A1BE.jpeg

Ah yes, so true, lol.

DB31FD57-B024-43AC-9FE9-884574ACC8D5.jpeg
True too, lol.

But yay, that mid week day that makes ya feel like get over this hump of a day, and yay, Black Friday is that much closer. In years past, I did go out, very early and shop all morning, and enjoy a brunch before relaxing at home. .This year, will most likely stroll around when I decide to get moving, but I think most of what I wanted, has already been bought, both in store and online.

Weather. Yay, we are still below freezing in this pre dawn time, but a warmer day by this sunny afternoon, as mid 50’s. Then, like Charade, to have a rainy Friday. And glad some high close to 50, and 50’s are the highs temps in the next week’s forecast. Yay!

So hope all are feeling well today, and stay safe and will be enjoying some delicious food tomorrow.

Our Thanksgiving plans? Should be when I get to see all my siblings tomorrow. Think my oldest one and his wife arrives tonight. We always try to get together for Thanksgiving, and all bring food and help set up and clean up for whichever family member hosts. I don’t think we ever ate out for Thanksgiving.

So a most wonderful Wednesday to each and every homie, and hope all have a most fabulous Thanksgiving, or a most terrific Thursday for those who enjoyed their Thanksgiving a different day.

Good morning from this tea drinking, happy homie, that while still up in that early hour, and both home and office still have no heat, it’s a shorter day, thanks to that 59 minute rule. And since decided to use up my use of loose time off, and have lazy Fridays, alarm is turned off, and that 4 day weekend starts tomorrow. Woot!

Well, it's hump day, the weekend is on the horizon! I even have this weekend off for some off reason. No shifts at the second job - yet. I'm sure with this cold and flu going around, there might be an SOS call or message on the group chat for someone to pick up a shift.

I have no real plans yet for the weekend. Next weekend, we are heading to the city to visit the kids and do our xmas shopping. I am looking forward to seeing the kids again.

Not many papers to shuffle around today. I seem to be all caught up on everything, I guess it's back to searching for hopefully score cheap flights for our family trip to Orlando.

Not sure what I am making with the chicken I have defrosting. It was breakfast for dinner last night - which was delicious. But my body needs some veggies!!!!!

Probably a quiet evening, with a trip to the gym for a session on the dread mill.

A quick hello before I go to sleep. I had a very productive day today. I made one of the desserts for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, wrote and submitted an essay for my medical billing and bookkeeping class, and just finished a math exam. I am in a great mood right now because........I just scored 145/145 on my math exam! I am taking the next two days off of school.

I picked up a bug and we canceled our dinner reservations for tomorrow.

Mr Mac did not hit the store for grocery shopping today
but he can get by with a grilled cheese sandwich tomorrow.
We always have bread and basics in the house

We do grocery shopping a few times a week and buy only what we need for a few days.

Weather here is back to normal and hope it stays that way the rest of the month.
Some years December has had warm decent days.

Hope all the homies have a great Thanksgiving
and happy time with their family and friends!

Aw Mac, I’m sorry you are not feeling well. Most grocery stores around me are open, just shorter hours. But nothing wrong with a grilled cheese. Staple in our home. Sending a huge dump of mummy dust well wishes to you. Take care.

Wahoo! Charade. Excellent news, as should be in a great mood with all that you did.

Thank you Real. Hope all are feeling good now, including Kev.

Ah yes,
10BE4BEF-A3B2-469F-B3C5-099416684ACB.gif

A most terrific Thanksgiving Thursday to all. Thirsty? Maybe. Fabulous feasting day.

And we are at freezing in this predawn hour. Nice enough day for the parade, as partly sunny, maybe even mostly sunny, dry day. 58 the high. Perfect weather for this November holiday. But will be dodging the rain if we go out on Friday. But ah yes, will be out tomorrow, as visiting my second oldest niece. And she lives in the mountains, so I’m hoping that rain we get tomorrow is not snow, as we visit her. Last rain we got, the mountain areas got 3 inches of snow. We got almost that total in rain from that storm. Snow. Why I don’t live in the mountains. LoL

Up way too early than I should be. But I’m hard wired to be that early bird. And so, as I get older, the quiet I have almost every morning I’m not in get moving fast mode, is so nice. Chilling with my DH, no need to hurry anywhere. We don’t get to do that very often. That, is a most perfect morning in my book. And yep, was nice to find out DH is an early bird riser too. 😊

Tea. Ah yes, doing my part to be tea drinking today, as tea is hot and ah so sweet to be sipping it for some time now. Even DH said he’d have some tea. Usually, the smell of coffee is more what we have most mornings. I do drink coffee, more iced than hot, but I do enjoy a very good hot coffee after a rich tasting meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter