Something About Nothing............ #14

Metro, nice to have a day off, even if have to take car in for service. I enjoyed seeing your picture in the picture a day thread. So colorful that store is now.
Yeah...these are from my Photobucket account and are several years old. I have a bunch of pics of construction and places that are no longer there.

Morning all:)
mac’s going to head for the border. I hope i have a lonely piece of steak in freezer I can morph into stir fry of some sort.

going to hit up Ross, float in pool then volunteer a few hours at food bank. We’ve been doing deliveries while the mr is off.

good day all
A light had come on in my car indicating low tire pressure, so I drove to Sheetz, filled my tires, and then went home. I don't know what that was all about, but I wasn't sticking around to find out.
first off, I’m impressed you know how to put air in ur tires. Mine have these strange caps/sensors that report on dash. I refuse to mess with them. Have the mr pull out One of his air compressors & have at it.

I’m guessing it’s subconscious concerns re upcoming solo trip. That will be $500 lol. No idea what the pro’s get, have a feeling it’s probably more than that Lol

We really loved Barbados, particularly the Mount Gay Rum tasting room :drinking1 We like looking or sitting at beaches but not really swimming on them. We do like to snorkel though, but usually from a boat.

have never see so many turtles so close to shore. we did a small wreck not far off shore in the fancy hotel district. Nice, clear water and little current.

I'm late as usual
but, you got there, all that counts in the end!

when do you leave for trip?

do think (thanks to Keisha) we`d quite enjoy Barbados, I don`t go in the sea, except to paddle......but we`d enjoy the rum experiences.....I`m sure of that lol....
their actual ‘swimming’ beaches weren’t very wide, nice sand but nothing like the huge ones in the US The beaches on the windward side were scary in their ferocity Not sure how a person could survive in that surf.

we knocked out so much there in a day, if I hadn’t taken pics (somewhere digital need to find, maybe photobucket holding hostage lol); it could easily become a bit of a blur. If i ever do find them, will share the album.
Good morning all! Off from work today...I'm taking the car in for semi-annual service.

I finished Chasing the Boogeyman last night...very interesting...I highly recommend it.

Have a great day!
is that a book or a movie? Make sure to treat yourself to some grub on your day off
Quick stop in to wish our honorary American friend from across the pond Carole a most happy Birthday. Sorry this a day late.
but those pictures more than make up for it :). Did u do the parks? Have fun?

:wave2: Making a quick stop in before I start shuffling papers again. My tea is delicious, but I think there is a hole in the bottom of my cup as my tea didn't last long :rolleyes1 It was perfect today and now I want another one...as I stare at my water bottle that I need to drink from lol.

@Charade 67 That would have freaked me out. I'm glad you are alright!!! People are just weird/crazy. Sigh

@Disxuni That's awesome!!!! Such an accomplishment!!!! I hope you gain work in the area you studied in.

Well...this computer is acting up again...gotta reboot then get to shuffling those papers.

Have a great day everyone!!! Stay safe!

Yeah...these are from my Photobucket account and are several years old. I have a bunch of pics of construction and places that are no longer there.

Sounds like they would be perfect for Throwback Thursday on the picture of the day thread......love seeing things that are gone or changed dramatically.

Didn`t you have a picture of the old Hard Rock Cafe?? Or did we just chat about it, I think you always said it would have made a great place for a HHN house.....

Good Tuesday morning Sans family :wave2:

Quick stop in to wish our honorary American friend from across the pond Carole a most happy Birthday. Sorry this a day late.

View attachment 604745

View attachment 604744

View attachment 604746

View attachment 604747

View attachment 604749

View attachment 604751

A day late doesn`t matter......thank you Robbie.......I love the memes!! And glad you popped in.......hope you are having the most wonderful time on your trip.

Morning all:)
mac’s going to head for the border. I hope i have a lonely piece of steak in freezer I can morph into stir fry of some sort.

going to hit up Ross, float in pool then volunteer a few hours at food bank. We’ve been doing deliveries while the mr is off.

good day all

first off, I’m impressed you know how to put air in ur tires. Mine have these strange caps/sensors that report on dash. I refuse to mess with them. Have the mr pull out One of his air compressors & have at it.

I’m guessing it’s subconscious concerns re upcoming solo trip. That will be $500 lol. No idea what the pro’s get, have a feeling it’s probably more than that Lol

have never see so many turtles so close to shore. we did a small wreck not far off shore in the fancy hotel district. Nice, clear water and little current.

but, you got there, all that counts in the end!

when do you leave for trip?

their actual ‘swimming’ beaches weren’t very wide, nice sand but nothing like the huge ones in the US The beaches on the windward side were scary in their ferocity Not sure how a person could survive in that surf.

we knocked out so much there in a day, if I hadn’t taken pics (somewhere digital need to find, maybe photobucket holding hostage lol); it could easily become a bit of a blur. If i ever do find them, will share the album.

is that a book or a movie? Make sure to treat yourself to some grub on your day off

but those pictures more than make up for it :). Did u do the parks? Have fun?

We loved doing the food deliveries last year when this all kicked off.....such a good cause for you to help with.

Would love to see the pictures if you get them.......

It's a book...you should check it out...it's all the rage right now. After getting a free oil change and tire rotation I went to Johnny Clean (outstanding) and had the car washed. Now I'm ready for the next shower we get. :rotfl:

I didn`t realise it was so new, it does sound excellent.

Not long ago I finally picked up The Mothman Prophecies book......I still don`t know if I enjoyed it or not or if I thought the author believed what he had been investigating or not......odd book, but quite compelling.

Watch out for that rain......☔ and like the new avatar.......

Very lazy day here. It`s been a bit miserable all day so it`s been quite nice being huddled inside pottering around. Still haven`t found the Christmas Vacation dvd yet.....it`s annoying me now as we both decided we hadn`t given it out to anyone and wouldn`t have got it mixed up with any we have donated to charity stores.

Been raining last few hours, so it`s already quite dark outside, but should be clear for tomorrow then a good few days of nice weather.

Burgers with pulled pork on top were lovely. Added a whole load of jalapenos to mine.....lush!! Ended up not having the bun after all.

Time for a pot of tea.

Doh!!

You posted it in the pic of the day thread already!! It must have triggered the memory of the conversation about it.

It`s like a real dark winter`s evening here. Heavy rain but not cold at all......

Trying to finish The Good Wife.....it`s dragging now, losing interest in it to be honest, but want to see the outcome.

It's a book...you should check it out...it's all the rage right now. After getting a free oil change and tire rotation I went to Johnny Clean (outstanding) and had the car washed. Now I'm ready for the next shower we get. :rotfl:
i’ve got more than a few of them started, weird idiosyncrasy I have. Hate to finish off the really good ones. :rolleyes1
The Mothman Prophecies book
i tried to get thru the movie when it came out, Richard Gere, filmed not far away in WV. know several people who just love that story.

:wave2: Afternoon stop in!!!

Still shuffling some papers. Need to put on my detective hat and figure out a couple of mysteries on the paperwork. Hopefully we can figure it out. It's always fun :sad2:
Youngest ds wants butter chicken for supper tonight. Dh and other ds are out of town for work the next couple of days, so he gets to pick what's for supper/dinner. He loves those nights. Butter chicken with coconut rice is one of his favorite meals. Hopefully the rain stays away...then I'll head out for a walk tonight. Not sure what else is on the agenda for tonight.

I get the remote tonight!!!! Phone calls need to be done about dh's birthday party....and since he's gone...it's the perfect night to get it done. That is probably the extent of my evening.

Stay safe everyone! Have a great evening!

Happy BL8D BIRTHDAY C!!! :love:
Sorry I missed the party...(we were sidetracked filling sandbags ahead of Hurricane Nicholas!) Just kidding..well...sota kidding...we were CONTEMPLATING sandbags but it was just a wimpy little storm for the most part. o_O

We're still booked for an October 17th trip to Mouse World...with the possibility of a day or two at Uni on the front end...or back end...still weighing our options. :snail:
How y'all doin' SANS folks? :)

Hi everybody :wave2:

Doing all the pre vacation cleaning today since I have to work for the next 3 days until we leave on Saturday.

Wow....only 4 days to go! :cool1:

Hope to see some of you soon.

Hi buckeev ...good to see you post. Glad the storm was a wimp.

Time to mop the floors now...catch ya later.

Have a great night all pixiedust:

Ooh I’ll be in my way the day after Tink. Yay for this weekend travelers.

Quiet night, as in person teaching this night. So quiet it is. Tea for me this evening, too.

Had a migraine that started out around lunchtime, made me toss up what was not much, but did make me feel a bit better. After that, took medicine, and thankfully just a duller feeing head now. A good night sleep should hopeful get that pain out of my head.

And yay, that camel says he’s ready for this week to be over, so woot! Tomorrow is that most nice hump of a day, ah Friday cannot come fast enough. Bet thinking Tink is thinking that too.

Schumi I admit I love the beach! Probably due to my misspent youth living on the beach lol. My family spent summers at the beach house since I was little. They said I swam before I walked!

Metro hope nothing is found wrong with the car!

Lynne that was a hot day for you! A cool rainy one here.

Keisha sounds like a lovely day planned! Ross and a float! My kinda day. Wish we had Ross here.
I don’t know how to put air in tires either! Remember when gas stations checked it for you?

Robo enjoying Portofino day! Sounds great!

Pumpkin hope you got computer issues sorted!

Metro it always rains after you wash car! No scary books for me! I’d wake up screaming with nightmares. In my early 20’s I read a scary book, and before bed I went into my room looking for my book. Ask roommate if she’s seen book. Tells me she threw it out. Apparently I was having nightly nightmares and she was tired of running into my room to see if I was being killed by an axe murderer! Lol.

Schumi hope you find Christmas Vacation! We always watch it too! A classic.

Buckeev have fun at the mouse! We were there early Aug, stayed at CBR. Skyliner was great! Daughter was sad we couldn’t go during 50th but August was when she could get off work.

Tink I always do pre vacation cleaning too! Nothing worse than coming home to a messy house. Then there’s the pre vacation hair, mani & pedi!

Lynne hope you’re feeling better!

Dull rainy day here. A light rain all day. Drove daughter to work then picked up some things for my soup. A good soup day! It was a hearty tomato based soup.

Tomorrow have to take dogos to vet for annual check up. Then walking around a local lake trail with friend. Supposed to be sunnier tomorrow.

And yay! I got my new Nexus card in the mail today! I had lost it at MCO during the last trip returning home. A day after we got home I went online to report it stolen and asked for replacement. I was hoping it would come before I leave for this trip!

I’m away from the boards and now playing catsup here !

buckeev!
Always love when you check in with us
Stay safe
Good to read you did not get slammed by the storm
I can remember when you were hit hard some years back with destruction

No more repeats like that for you.

I am so behind and trying to check in to see how all the homies have been doing

Hugs to all!
Happy trails for all going to the Darkside this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts