• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Lynne- Party Camel šŸŖ love it! Hope your power wasnā€™t out long.

Charade Nexus is the trusted traveller program for Canadians. Get you TSA pre check, short lines going through customs, and when we can once again drive across the border thereā€™s a special lane.
Good luck with your scan!

Robo enjoy your pool day and tour! Hope headache is better.

schumi sounds like a nice lunch with friends. Weather here was sunny today too.

Keisha does this mean more CSR days?
Hope new salon is good! So stressful finding another hair cutter. I looked a long time before finding a good one. I remember one time I came home, husband looks at me and tells me one side is longer than the other!

Vet trip always traumatic. My spaniel is the worst. Puts up such a fuss. Shaking, jumping up on my lap, whining.,,,,,The minute exam is finished sheā€™s fine. Other one , my yorkie-poo just quietly shakes. Poor babies. But we all got thru it.

Pumpkin I think I got my Nexus card just months before Covid and borders closed! Great timing.
But worth it for short lines. And when I can drive across again.

Charade good to hear youā€™re caught up at work! Must be a relief!

Soniam sounds like it would be a good day for a paddle. Iā€™ve never worn rashguards. I prefer a loose fit technical tee. Quick dry.

Pumpkin I know how frustrating it is at work in the staff room when people donā€™t clean up after themselves. One time I had a later lunch and everyone was already gone. I made a sign and stuck it up above sink. ā€œYour mother doesnā€™t work here, please clean up after yourself ā€œ

Hope everyone had a nice hump day! Rain cleared out and was a nice day. After vet I met a friend and we went for a walk around a local lake. Saw lots of ducks, heron, and big beaver dam.
Then stopped in at The Bay to get new battery put into husbands watch.
Now waiting for another friend to finish dinner and weā€™ll go for a dog walk.

Quick hi while waiting to be sure I have hot water after the boys shower.
thanks all-heā€™s feeling a lot better, actually got through band proactive last night night too. Today was lay start (they start 30 min later) so I took him to school so he could sleep as much as possible-bus still comes at usual time. He was actually hungry for dinner and ate nearly usual amounts.

Couple of pics from tonightā€¦ā€¦.
. Gorgeous! Love that red with your coloring, Tom looks fabulous as usual too. And love your hair up! Very pretty!
did graduate finally (whoop whoop) and currently looking for work, while also working part time.
YES-CONGRATULATIONS! heres hoping the job hunt is easy!
Night light so no stubbed toes:
really like this one!
Had a migraine that started out around lunchtime
glad itā€™s better. Funny I had bad headache Tuesday as well- just on verge of being the migraine. Travis took Ben to band so I could take some meds and sleep
Yes, beaches at night, a bit like dark forests take you straight to scary movies when you`re there......
depends on the beach Lol?

im a beach flopper too, at least part of time. Mexico we alternated activity days with resort relaxation days. But even those resort days we snorkled or kayaked or paddle boarded, and there were some swings on the beach- son loved to walk along beach in dark after dinner on way back to room so he could swing awhile,

Was going to start packing tonite but guess it will be tomorrow, Friday son has band for the football game.
2 more days of work!
Lynne Iā€™ll be solo Sunday night if you get in on time and end up upgrading your ticket lol! I donā€™t use the free HHN ticket that comes with my pass-wish I could or Get hard ticket like they let us do last year (when HHN cancelled theylet us have a ā€œfreeā€ park to park ticket to ā€œbring a friendā€)

Hope all are doing well! Cannot believe September is 1/2 over already.

Good evening. It's been a quiet night. Nothing to report.

Cleaned the kitchen at work here :sad2: Some days I hate being the only female in the building. It is annoying that they can't clean up after themselves. Stepping off before I get too frustrated with them...ugh.
We are an all female office, but I still find myself cleaning the kitchen. I seem to be the only one who is bothered by the mess.

Charade Nexus is the trusted traveller program for Canadians. Get you TSA pre check, short lines going through customs, and when we can once again drive across the border thereā€™s a special lane.
Good luck with your scan!
Thanks for the explanation.

thanks all-heā€™s feeling a lot better, actually got through band proactive last night night too. Today was lay start (they start 30 min later) so I took him to school so he could sleep as much as possible-bus still comes at usual time. He was actually hungry for dinner and ate nearly usual amounts.
Glad to hear he is better.

Dh is watching previously viewed football. I like to call it used football. I may go to bed early.

I almost forgot - dh has been emailing the woman who contacted him through Ancestry. He found out that she is a few years older than him. He suggested to her that they might be half siblings. It will be interesting to see how she responds to that. I asked him if he would be willing to take a DNA test if she wants to, and he said yes. He also contacted his "niece" in California to see if she matched with this woman too. Stay tuned for more updates.

Monykalyn you need a hot water on demand system! No more cold showers lol. My oldest dd can drain a tank. A couple of years ago we got the on demand system!
Glad yo hear your son is doing better!

Charade will be interesting to hear about new ancestry contact!

Went for our evening dog walk. Just missed running into our neighbourhood bear apparently. I go with my friend a block away. And we meet at her corner, I walk up the back lane to meeting place. She said when she opened her door to leave the bear was cruising by. She tried my cell to warn me but I didnā€™t have it on me. So I guess bear was walking by front of her house while I was going by the back.

Thanks...not a bad afternoon...just typical. But...tomorrow is one day closer to the weekend.

:thumbsup2

I tried to order that Boogeyman book last night, but out of stock. Usually I`d use the book store we order all our book group books from, but he has closed right now due to no staff and he himself isn`t doing so good. Next time we`re in the big town I`ll see if I can get it.

We need to watch that. Is it on Amazon?

No, it`s on Netflix.

Slow day shuffling papers. No more papers to shuffle.

Ordered dh's cake for his birthday. I could make this myself really....but if I want to surprise him...I will have to have someone else make it for me. Ordered a cake topper and a custom hanging sign that both say " Holy **** Dh's name is 50! " lol.

Cleaned the kitchen at work here :sad2: Some days I hate being the only female in the building. It is annoying that they can't clean up after themselves. Stepping off before I get too frustrated with them...ugh.

Working another shift tonight. Hopefully it won't drag on like my last shift. Sigh...but we know things are gearing up for the christmas season. Things will start to arrive here in the next week or two :eek: :scared1:

Well...off to find something else to do.

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

Like the sound of the cake....

Yep, Christmas things are already in the stores here now too. Far too early to be on the shelves.

Probably muffins, eventually. Tossing them still frozen into a smoothie a good idea

Iā€™d love to replicate the previous Blueberry porkchop from mythos. Last one was an abomination

got back from Salon rockin 80s big hair. The mr was thrilled lol.
So nice to have ham ready to go for a quick meal

creepshow, something to tide you over

Sounds like a nice tribute

Iā€™m in distinct minority but, not a fan of their wax melts strengths. Just too weak, well, other than the haunted mansion variety. Am using full-size scentsy warmer & 2 cubes. Maybe ive gone nose blind lol

Canā€™t or wonā€™t? Youā€™re a better woman than me. Iā€™d let the pigs wallow in their own filth Site manager would get the message soon enough lol

I never did get to try that blueberry pork dish. But, did it come with risotto or am I getting mixed up with another dish? I`d never order risotto, another idsh of the devil up there with chilli.......lol.....

I still haven`t watched Creepshow!!

Love your hair again!! Very cool, glad your mister liked it too!

And enjoy that ham......tasty for a midweek dinner ::yes::

Quick hi while waiting to be sure I have hot water after the boys shower.

. Gorgeous! Love that red with your coloring, Tom looks fabulous as usual too. And love your hair up! Very pretty!
YES-CONGRATULATIONS! heres hoping the job hunt is easy!
really like this one!
glad itā€™s better. Funny I had bad headache Tuesday as well- just on verge of being the migraine. Travis took Ben to band so I could take some meds and sleep
depends on the beach Lol?

im a beach flopper too, at least part of time. Mexico we alternated activity days with resort relaxation days. But even those resort days we snorkled or kayaked or paddle boarded, and there were some swings on the beach- son loved to walk along beach in dark after dinner on way back to room so he could swing awhile,

Was going to start packing tonite but guess it will be tomorrow, Friday son has band for the football game.
2 more days of work!
Lynne Iā€™ll be solo Sunday night if you get in on time and end up upgrading your ticket lol! I donā€™t use the free HHN ticket that comes with my pass-wish I could or Get hard ticket like they let us do last year (when HHN cancelled theylet us have a ā€œfreeā€ park to park ticket to ā€œbring a friendā€)

Hope all are doing well! Cannot believe September is 1/2 over already.

Glad to hear your boy is doing better Monyk......a good appetite is a good sign.

Thank you so much! I do like red, and yes, we`ll take all and any compliments......

Hope you have a wonderful trip coming up......I`m sure you will though.......::yes::

Good evening. It's been a quiet night. Nothing to report.

We are an all female office, but I still find myself cleaning the kitchen. I seem to be the only one who is bothered by the mess.

Thanks for the explanation.

Glad to hear he is better.

Dh is watching previously viewed football. I like to call it used football. I may go to bed early.

I cannot understand folks who can sit in untidiness or not clean! Would drive me completely over the edge if folks didn`t clean up after themselves, especially in a work environment....who wants to clean up after others there!

My tummy gurgling woke me up this morning.....guess I was hungry! Didn`t feel like anything last night after having lunch out, maybe should have had something. So, very early ginger tea this morning and half a cherry and vanilla muffin.

Going to be a rather nice day today, so still getting use out of summer dresses here, not long till it`s boots and warmer clothes day to day. Last year in the Cotswolds we needed jackets most days, so it`ll be the same this year as we`re going around the same time.

Just killed 2 spiders. It`s that time of year they start to come inside as the weather changes and gets slightly cooler at night. Big ones too. Having fields and farmland around us, we do get more than our fair share. Long as I don`t see them! We have had a few of those daddy long legs too around the place. In Scotland we called them Jenny long legs for some reason......but whatever, they seem to be in abundance this year.

Will think on dinner later, no idea just yet.

And just watched the SpaceX launch from last night at Cape Canaveral.......amazing to watch!

What those guys are doing at SpaceX is fabulous.

i-M7hWWZ4-S.gif

i-mrmkWCD-S.gif

cv120-S.png

Happy Thirsty Thursday šŸ˜€

Last edited:
I tried to order that Boogeyman book last night, but out of stock. Usually I`d use the book store we order all our book group books from, but he has closed right now due to no staff and he himself isn`t doing so good. Next time we`re in the big town I`ll see if I can get it
I got my copy on Amazon...it was cheaper than the other outlets I saw. I hope you can get it...it's a great read.

Ah Thirsty Thursday is here, and Iā€™ll be drinking my tea. And that cold front has arrived, so a very dark and cloudy start, with the high not even close to 90, eek, a 78 degree high, with lots of rain chances that start in the later afternoon. Eh, right Metro, is one day closer to getting that Friday feeling happy.

MonyK, should be at Royal mid afternoon. I have a BOGO, so I can use one with you that night, and Iā€™ll save the other for that following Saturday. I can always upgrade it to a frequent fear, but may be just as happy with going those two nights. And glad to hear boy is feeling better.

Sue, hehe, like that cake topper for DHā€™s birthday cake. We do sometimes bake, but most of the time, we buy our birthday cake.

Schumi, your muffin sounds delicious. I do like cherry and vanilla flavors.

So much for Halloween or Thanksgiving stuff, yep, saw Christmas decor and candy in the stores now. Slowly creeping to take up more and more of the floor space.

And so, this early bird homie is back to routine, wishing all the homies a terrific thirsty Thursday.

Hello all. Hope everyone is recovering from the headaches etc and Robo is gentle on her back. Weā€™ve been lucky here with continuing good weather and Kev has been working hard outside.

Back from my friend in Yorkshire and preparing for our short break down to Devon - we will leave straight after the children are in school in the morning.

We got a few things sorted out but sadly delay on hearing from the Coronerā€™s office. They have until the 24th to decide on a post mortem so Iā€™m going back up that day. Sheā€™s a strong, positive and outgoing person and doing ok though we are talking all the time in between other visitors sheā€™s receiving. My worry is her not eating but I left food for a few days with her.

We are travelling light and planning to eat out mostly as itā€™s a short trip.

Time to go for school pick up now so I will get organised.

Nice fo gave the painters back, Charade. Will be interesting as more parts of DHā€™s family tree become more clear.

Okh, yay, I see some sun today. Trying to get older one to make me some eggs and bacon. I got a grunt from his bedroom as I passed by and asked him.

Safe travels, Julie. How fun to be in Devon with the grandkids. I hope your friend is okay, and hugs to her, as even then with knowing how, never ever easy. Nice you brought her food, as Iā€™m sure she appreciates.

Ugh, I do t think older one wants to make breakfast. Will be lunch I guess, as itā€™s almost brunch time.

Good morning all, dreary day, going to dive into getting a bit organized & making one of the Italian dishes I rarely make as a bit labor intensive, chicken Ribalto. Need to use up those hot peppers & tomatoes from the Garden :)
Plus, I can leave the remnants of the candle that won't burn in my closet to make it smell like HHN all year
never thot of that! Smart
Vet trip always traumatic. My spaniel is the worst. Puts up such a fuss. Shaking, jumping up on my lap, whining.,,,,,The minute exam is finished sheā€™s fine. Other one , my yorkie-poo just quietly shakes. Poor babies. But we all got thru it.
itā€™s always a stressful day here too, usually capped off by a treat for the furries & me as a reward lol
Pumpkin I know how frustrating it is at work in the staff room when people donā€™t clean up after themselves. One time I had a later lunch and everyone was already gone. I made a sign and stuck it up above sink. ā€œYour mother doesnā€™t work here, please clean up after yourself ā€œ
good one, did it work?
Keisha does this mean more CSR days?
Iā€™m thrilled I now donā€™t have to leave home at 3 am for flight down! all things being relative, itā€™s now a ā€˜lateā€™ flight time of 7:40 am. Every little bit counts
Went for our evening dog walk. Just missed running into our neighbourhood bear apparently
oy! black bears? knock on wood, itā€™s been several years since we had the last one wandering down the middle of the street In the afternoon. Takes some of them longer than others to find the right place to hunker down once they are unceremoniously booted from ma & paā€™s house. Just like some kids
I never did get to try that blueberry pork dish. But, did it come with risotto or am I getting mixed up with another dish? I`d never order risotto, another idsh of the devil up there with chilli.......lol.....
i think it was Mac & cheese Not sure as itā€™s been so long, would need to find those pictures from so long ago. Really disliked the last version. overall disappointed in all (precovid) menu changes. Even the risotto, which had become my go-to there.
Just killed 2 spiders. It`s that time of year they start to come inside as the weather changes and gets slightly cooler at night. Big ones too. Having fields and farmland around us, we do get more than our fair share. Long as I don`t see them! We have had a few of those daddy long legs too around the place. In Scotland we called them Jenny long legs for some reason......but whatever, they seem to be in abundance this year.
2CC9BFB7-4353-4C40-B2A0-828E0E63C166.jpeg
And just watched the SpaceX launch from last night at Cape Canaveral.......amazing to watch!
It was, a FB friend posted some amazing shots from his yard. not sure how I feel about not everything being automated tho, brave souls.

Yay for morning flight Keisha. Iā€™m s salty they removed all the direct early morning flights. But I guess Iā€™m with ya, at least I will have more time to pack in the earlier hours. Haha, well sleep? Maybe.

Ooh bear and spiders, oh my.

Walking time. Hey will be wearing shades, and hope warm enough still in my shorts.

:wave2: Early morning stop in before shuffling papers

Night was unevenful at work last night. I had fun moving pretty thing again last night. Had a few " christmasy things" arrive in our latest trucks. They are not putting it out quite yet. It's enough " reminding " people that there are in fact masking madates again here....tired of getting my butt chewed out by people who don't want to follow guidelines - I don't need people upset that Christmas items are already in stores. Yes...we all take turns doing shifts watching the door to see if people are wearing masks, and if they are not, we offer them a mask. Some take it...others will give you piece of their minds :sad2: UGH!!!

Canā€™t or wonā€™t? Youā€™re a better woman than me. Iā€™d let the pigs wallow in their own filth Site manager would get the message soon enough lol
Yup...it's in the " won't" category. One of the guys asked this morning if it was me who did them. I told them...that I was tired of looking at them "4+ weeks". Also told them to them I'm not you mother or your wife/partner. If you won't do that to her...don't do it here!!!! I have put up notes like Sue mentioned....and it doesn't help. They could care less.
awwwwww...Poor guys. I know our pup didn't like the vet either. He would shake while we were there, then for hours after as well.
2 more days of work!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's getting so close :cheer2:
I almost forgot - dh has been emailing the woman who contacted him through Ancestry. He found out that she is a few years older than him. He suggested to her that they might be half siblings. It will be interesting to see how she responds to that. I asked him if he would be willing to take a DNA test if she wants to, and he said yes. He also contacted his "niece" in California to see if she matched with this woman too. Stay tuned for more updates.
Such an interesting story. Hollywood couldn't even make this up!!!!
Going to be a rather nice day today, so still getting use out of summer dresses here, not long till it`s boots and warmer clothes day to day. Last year in the Cotswolds we needed jackets most days, so it`ll be the same this year as we`re going around the same time.
It's been unusually cooler here already. We usually get one more blast of summer heat. It hasn't come yet :( I'm stubborn and haven't brought out the fall shoes/socks yet. I'm still rocking my cute little flats and no socks lol - with ice cold feet lol. I did put socks on last night when I got home...my feet were so cold I had to. I'm glad your getting some warm weather before the cooler fall and winter weather set in. It makes for a long winter when the cool weather starts so soon.
We got a few things sorted out but sadly delay on hearing from the Coronerā€™s office. They have until the 24th to decide on a post mortem so Iā€™m going back up that day. Sheā€™s a strong, positive and outgoing person and doing ok though we are talking all the time in between other visitors sheā€™s receiving. My worry is her not eating but I left food for a few days with her.
I'm glad your friend is doing ok. I am sure you are a great comfort to her right now. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Good morning all, dreary day, going to dive into getting a bit organized & making one of the Italian dishes I rarely make as a bit labor intensive, chicken Ribalto. Need to use up those hot peppers & tomatoes from the Garden :)
I'm going to have to look that up. I'm not sure I have heard of that one. I love trying those recipes on the weekends when I can putter and take my time cooking/baking to create a great meal. I wish work wouldn't come in the way of that all the time...as I do love to cook and bake for the family.

Well, I should probably get started shuffling some papers. The load looks pretty light today. I am sure I will find other things to keep me busy today.

Have a great day everyone!!!! Stay safe!

I got my copy on Amazon...it was cheaper than the other outlets I saw. I hope you can get it...it's a great read.

It`s sold out on Amazon UK, but I very rarely buy from them unless I have no other options. Might nip into town next few days, there`s a large bookstore there that`ll have it.

Seems it`s a popular choice.

never thot of that! Smart

itā€™s always a stressful day here too, usually capped off by a treat for the furries & me as a reward lol

good one, did it work?

Iā€™m thrilled I now donā€™t have to leave home at 3 am for flight down! all things being relative, itā€™s now a ā€˜lateā€™ flight time of 7:40 am. Every little bit counts

oy! black bears? knock on wood, itā€™s been several years since we had the last one wandering down the middle of the street In the afternoon. Takes some of them longer than others to find the right place to hunker down once they are unceremoniously booted from ma & paā€™s house. Just like some kids

i think it was Mac & cheese Not sure as itā€™s been so long, would need to find those pictures from so long ago. Really disliked the last version. overall disappointed in all (precovid) menu changes. Even the risotto, which had become my go-to there.

View attachment 605241

It was, a FB friend posted some amazing shots from his yard. not sure how I feel about not everything being automated tho, brave souls.

Where`s Natasha??????? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh it wouldn`t be me going up in that. Challenger images are still in my mind. But, yes very brave souls.

Haven`t heard of that dish??

Nice flight change for you! Much better than the one they had given you.....yes, every little helps.

I remember your picture from a couple of years ago of the bear almost knocking on your door.....well, maybe not knocking, but too darn close for comfort!

Been a stunningly beautiful day today, hot and sunny all round, so a summer dress on this morning, and shorts this afternoon for our later than usual walk. It was just a little too hot to walk with no shade, so we only did 4.5 miles, not too shabby. Nice little breeze down by the water though, but the sun was strong.

Still a few tourists around so the aroma of fish and chips was everywhere as we neared the next town to us......hard to ignore that aroma! But, we did, stuck to our bottled water......šŸ„“

BBQ cooking tonight, going to grill some jerk chicken thighs and chicken and pineapple caribbean style skewers......lots of salad to go with it. Made some regular potato salad this morning, added some green salad onions tonight as we bought some things when we were out earlier. Only onion I can eat. I`m starving.

Hey everyone...stopping in...
I'm pages and pages behind, so I won't quote.

My sympathies to Real on the loss of her friends husband.
Robo, I will PM you the recipe for the cookies.
Get well wishes to all who've been under the weather!
And a very happy birthday to Carole!!! I'm so sorry I missed it....my bad...

We had another death. My dads best friend. Another funeral to attend this Sunday.

DH has decided he cannot take off of work to go with me to UO for my bday. I'm very disappointed about that. DD just cannot take the days off of school...i really miss my travel buddy...
Might go solo.

I guess you could say I'm in a bit of a funk. Working on pulling myself out....

We had another death. My dads best friend. Another funeral to attend this Sunday.

DH has decided he cannot take off of work to go with me to UO for my bday. I'm very disappointed about that. DD just cannot take the days off of school...i really miss my travel buddy...
Might go solo.

Lori, I`m so sorry to read of another death of someone close to you. There are times when funerals seem to overtake us. Sending hugs to you my friend.

Thank you.....I know you`ve been busy......

Yes, get another solo trip planned...that`ll give you something to help with that funk.......:hug:

It`s sold out on Amazon UK, but I very rarely buy from them unless I have no other options. Might nip into town next few days, there`s a large bookstore there that`ll have it.
Yeah...it's getting a lot of press on Facebook which is where I first saw it. Amazon had it for $16.80 but other places were selling it for over $20...I brought it work today for a girl I work with...she seemed very interested when I mentioned it to her.

Safe and happy travels to everyone traveling soon.

The launch was cool. Put a mad scientist, Musk, in charge, and this is what you get. I like the guy, not bad mouthing him. Thanks to him/his companies, I was able to quit working.

Might go solo.

Sorry about the funeral and trip. I love solo trips. When are you supposed to be going? I bet there is someone that is going to be there.

Wasting time until I can leave work. Slow day today. I did get some good news. My boss says that she will pay me for the week I was out sick. She says she got some business Covid relief money.

I am glad to hear she is doing okay. Itā€™s great that you are able to be there for her right now.

And here I am complaining about my 9:00 flight. I will need to leave home at 6:00 to be there in time.

I don't need people upset that Christmas items are already in stores.
People act surprised every year when stores start stocking Christmas stuff. Itā€™s been that was for as long as I can remember.

So sorry to hear this.

Might go solo.
When are you planning on going? I havenā€™t taken my trip yet, but I am already trying to decide when to go back.

15 more minutesā€¦

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter