Something About Nothing............ #14

Schumi baked ham! Yum. We only have it for Easter!

Lynne Ham is a holiday (Easter) dinner for us too.
It poured here during the night. I couldn’t sleep well ugh. Up since 3:00.

Keisha I do spray doorknobs etc! Wipe channel changer & phones. Not daily though. Pretty much just when I think about it.
I guess LensCrafters can vary by location? I’m not sure what their guarantee period is or warranty. I usually get the extra warranty. But they should stand by their products!
Love some of the Maui Jim frames! One time I saw a pair at Costco for great price and picked them up.
Yes! Florida rain is a different story! And totally blinding if your stuck driving in it! When I visited my mom one time we got caught on the 95 in sudden squall. Crazy. I agree those ponchos are sweat boxes. But keep you drier than umbrellas.

Realfoods I’m glad your friends son is there now. Will be a good comfort to both of them. Just awful. This is second time in that many months I’ve heard of someone’s husband dying suddenly. So sad.

Charade does your kitty pounce on you? Your officially old comment made me laugh!
I pack poncho if I think I will need it. I have one from last trip that turns out wasn’t needed. I looked at long range forecast and did have afternoon T-storms on it for my dates.

Lazy Sunday here. I’m tired, didn’t get much sleep last night. Even my lids feel heavy. So vegging out today watching mindless tv. Do have a load of laundry I need to hang out.
Went to church on Zoom! Perfect for how I’m feeling today!
Universal will be here before we know it. But not looking forward to the hassle of getting COVID test to return home. 72 hrs and realized I forgot to take into account time change. It’s 72 hrs before connecting flight into Canada. And I have to overnight in Seattle because afternoon connection was canceled. The US rule is better. They just say 3 days. Already have my test booked going to Florida. But have to wait to book Walgreens.

Walking Dead tonight!

Well best laid weekend plans-wanted to go to lake for last boat ride-Boy woke me up early saturday "not feeling good". Was going to start his covid vax this weekend... not now. Sore throat, fever, now just tired with cough today. Had a couple OTC rapid antigen tests on hand so checked just in case-neg for covid so just a cold. He's been sicker WITH masks than any other year. Plus we have wildfire smoke passing overhead-my breathing isn't great either right now. Took dog for walk yesterday cuz he was a pest but needed inhalers after. Last semester he only made it half the day in a mask with stuffy nose-hubs out of town so I can't be an hour+ away-if he goes tomorrow.
Think I will work from home tomorrow...
Your girls sure do have some great personalities! Hopefully no more snakes :scared1:
They are funny ladies-one is going thru hard molt. Should take a picture. She looks like someone is trying to pluck her alive.
have noticed brussels sprouts showing up on a lot of menus here. It seems to be the new "in" vegetable.
If we ever do a sans potluck dinner as a group, I’ll remember not to bring Brussels sprouts as assume I would be the only one that would eat them

We have that vegetable weekly
--Um we like brussel sprouts here-in fact had them a few days ago-however I shred mine, then cook bacon and saute the shredded sprouts in bacon grease then add the cooked chopped bacon back. Son eats tons of this.
I'm not sure if it's just a WI thing, but kids are allowed in bars with their parents. It's not unusual to see a kid sipping a root beer while sitting on a bar stool.
I know exactly what you are talking about-grew up in WI farm town bars-I don't think the others understand these bars-not a local nicer pub, not a bar in a restaurant...where people in the bar know you by the branch of family you belong to.
made spinach dip
Made spinach artichoke dip today! Son request-needed to get him to eat some-that is how I know he really doesn't feel well.
dental appt went well. He’s the best dentist ever
great when you have one of these! our all time favorite was in arkansas-from India-she had small hands and the lightest touch-we all LOVED her.
Going to make individual mango and passion fruit pavlovas
Everytime you say you make these I look at recipe and go "nope not talented nor patient enough" LOL. They sound soooo good though!!
I finally gave up and took a sleep aid. I slept until 7 this morning
Sleep is healing!! Hope you get many more nights of restful sleep!
Charade nope not too early to pack lol. I have things in suitcase already. My travel size skin care, hair products like leave in, and styling cream. I use hotel shampoo, Universals is quite good IMO. Also have my AP mug and popcorn bucket packed, a couple of sling bags and drawstring backpack. Bathing suit and cover up! I think I’ll go through my Universal tees today and put out!
Yeah need to drag the case out and start too. 6 days and counting!
Did you like your cut? It’s so traumatic to have to find a new hairdresser
OMG right? LOVE my hair stylist-been with her for 10 years.
I have yet to get one of these air fryers! Never knew what you can cook in them. I don’t eat fries or chicken wings lol. What do you cook in them? Is it the same as a convection oven?
I found they didn’t hold a whole lot
have an Instant Pot
Love my air fryer (made some boneless chicken thighs in it for dinner today) but yeah-mine isn't huge - is good for 3-4 of us. LOVE my instant pot. Use this alot!
Door Dash and it was a very good experience. The best part however, is that I think I can almost taste the food. I think maybe my senses are slowly starting to return.
YAY for taste returning! We use grubhub too-and they do contactless delivery
We had such a nice visit. I wanted to get my aunt out and she loves the restaurant we went to. It was so nice to see her smile. Losing my uncle was so very hard for her.
That is so nice.
I think everyone remembers what they were doing.
I also felt angrier, since the crimes were committed by other Americans.
Yes remember precisely-n a patients room at the hospital, thought they were watching a movie when I walked in-then we both just watched in stunned silence.
GD first paying gig…she’s an extra on one of the movies currently being filmed here
so very cool and wow she is gorgeous!! Congrats to her for her paying gig!!
Please hold her in your thoughts she is bereft.
so very sorry - I can't even begin to imagine the shock. Hope you all can find some comfort and healing in coming days.

Weird dreams-on the HHN thread someone was reviewing houses and mentioned why Tooth fairy creeped them out-dreams of all teeth falling out-yep those where mine too-especially right after braces got off-was convinced I'd wake up toothless :rotfl2:

Cleaned the chickens waters out (have 3 separate place they can get water) with all 5 hens "supervising", especially the coop one. Good gravy are they "karens" when it comes to their coop and boy do they NOT like it messed with. Of course they demanded treats in exchange for the 'trauma' of messing with coop. Spoiled rotten little monsters. Getting eggs regularly again-up to 2 dozen in fridge.

Is there a meetup list somewhere for HHN of who is going when this year? I know I will see Lynne and PattyW-think I miss you though Mac! and I know I will miss Charade. Raven leaves on day I get in...

Yep, looking forward to saying hi to MonyK the day after she gets in. Though will be at least closer to dinner, thanks to SW having not one nonstop morning flights, and moved my crack of dawn flight to just before lunchtime. Yay to meeting homies next week, and the week after.

Hope no more changes Mac. Bite your tongue. Last I looked, flights are the same. Was not as annoyed with my return flight, as now leaving 10 minutes earlier. The going, yeah, was pretty annoying, as had to change my rental car and messed up my rates. Good thing that rate has been dropping since knowing my flight times for some time now, know what times for the rental. And little one’s coming flight was even worse change than mine, as her morning nonstop flight was changed to a just after lunchtime flight, with no nonstop morning flights. At least return flight did not change.

Monykalyn :rotfl2:“Karen” chickens! Too funny.

Lynne Ive been checking my flights daily now. Ive had so many changes but last one was a whooper, having to overnight in Seattle because they canceled the late afternoon connections to Vancouver. They will reimburse my hotel but still…I’d rather just get home. If the land border was open I’d just drive the 3 hrs to SeaTac.

Metro, now that I’d love. A Walking Dead house! But I’m too chicken for HHN!

Charade does your kitty pounce on you? Your officially old comment made me laugh!
He likes to attack feet, and he usually has claws out when he does.

Well best laid weekend plans-wanted to go to lake for last boat ride-Boy woke me up early saturday "not feeling good". Was going to start his covid vax this weekend... not now. Sore throat, fever, now just tired with cough today. Had a couple OTC rapid antigen tests on hand so checked just in case-neg for covid so just a cold.
Glad to hear it is just a cold.

Um we like brussel sprouts here-in fact had them a few days ago-however I shred mine, then cook bacon and saute the shredded sprouts in bacon grease then add the cooked chopped bacon back. Son eats tons of this.
That sounds pretty good.

Is there a meetup list somewhere for HHN of who is going when this year? I know I will see Lynne and PattyW-think I miss you though Mac! and I know I will miss Charade. Raven leaves on day I get in...
Sorry I will miss you. I will be meeting Lynne, Macraven, Bobbie, and Sue. Anyone else going to be there October 1-3?

Marvelous Monday to Metro and all the homies.

Ah yes, the air from the North has been replaced with that Southern wind, and so did not go much below 70 degrees in the overnight, and is 70 out now, with a humid and mostly sunny day, and 88 the high. Hence, already heard the AC go on not much after I woke up. Will be that quite warm Monday.

And so, a routine week day it is, the start of this week’s week day routine. Yay for next two being in park mode.

But no matter the morning, tea it is. And cereal will be the breakfast shortly.

Hope all have a good morning, and had a wonderful weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts