Something About Nothing............ #14

I had to read that thrice, thot you were referring to DIS’r lol

This new set of cheater readers from amazon seems decidedly off

I’m sure it’s anything but...that sounds rather mysterious & exotic vs a big ole pile o’dirt.

Yes, i feel the same with leaving mine with my kiddos

Wooooooooo
Hooooooooo
What a generous gesture :)

Was wondering when he’d be able to have at it again.

Most back here FT that want to, whenever they get a spike in the schools, they go back to virtual. Clean the school & back they go within a few days. Shocking to read how many kids are failing & will likely be held back...talking elemenatary up to HS.

Those are pretty good odds overall.

Indeed! Seems as though within 1-1/2 months, appreciable headway has been achieved. Hopefully, by summer the majority here will be inoculated.

It was so difficult to see that our death toll has cracked half a million:sad:, that’s more than our war dead in WWI, II & Vietnam. It’s estimated we will lose another 200,000 poor souls before it’s all over.

lol.....you`re naughty!! Love it though......:rotfl:

Never heard of reader cheaters.....I`ll Google.

It was very pretty last time it was here, we did get some beautiful sunrises, but alas, it is missing us.....cleaner windows though! Although.....our windows right now with all the rain and snow we`ve had......heck!! He did get out and although he had to come in early due to cloud, did get a picture....will pop it off to you....yes, it`s been a while.

It`s a tragedy reading about the numbers of deaths. When compared to deaths in both wars, it really brings home just how many people have and will lose their life through this.

Enjoy the puppy time........:dog:

Thanks for the book recommendation...I'll check it out!!

Never knew there was such thing as a portable dog shower. Could be quite useful for our lab...she adores rolling in mud puddles in the springtime!!

More snow...not so good...
Meatball sandwiches...sounds really good!
1 out of 2 isn't bad, lol!

A very nice looking plate Carole! I'd eagerly finish it!

Would you push your May trip dates back a bit if travel were to resume mid May?

I'm happy to be able to take the girls and I'm framing the trip as a 'grad present' to them.
The father of DDs roommate passed away from cancer when she was in middle school. The mom was left to raise 2 girls on her own and it has been a struggle....

My BFF is a 6th grade language/reading teacher. Her district explicitly told the teaching staff that they are not to fail anyone, unless the child just don't show up (online or in person) at all/zero. So a student can basically do nothing and they will still pass and advance to the next grade.

I got a free tshirt as a 'reward' from my gym today. I completed the 100 day workout challenge within the allotted timeframe. I think only around 20-25 members hit the benchmark.
Feeling accomplished!!

Have a sleepy cat on my lap. Guess I'll sit for a bit longer. She looks too adorable to disturb!

Why do I always forget you have a cat???

Congrats on the teeshirt Lori.......you are doing well with the gym and Dry February.......putting most of us to shame!!!

Lunch was good, I adore shrimp!!

No, we can`t change the dates for May. Even if the borders did open up by then, which I doubt they will, other flights have already been booked and full. But, we`ve already mentally written May off. It was always a long shot, and now......we focus on September and hope that one happens......lol.....

That is a lovely grad trip for both girls.

:wave2: Making a quick stop in!!!!

Another lovely above seasonal temp day...I am LOVING IT!!!!! Today the sun is shining without very gusty winds. Usually when we get the chinooks...we also get the wind. So far so good. It might be a night to start up the grill and bbq some burgers!!!!!

We bought an airfryer over the weekend. Our first meal in it was a success. I oven roast so much of our meals, from meat to veggies, so it didn't take DH long to talk me into another appliance. I love my instant pot...but while researching, I didn't want an instantpot/fryer combo. This one I can see myself using almost everyday. Guess we will see. It was on sale, and then I also had a 20% off coupon...so we saved 100 bucks off the original price...So we were pretty happy with the price and that's why we went ahead and bought it. I'll let you know if I use it tonight. With the warm weather...I might bbq outside instead of inside ;)

Here is the link to it...I'll add pictures of the cake I made...I did alter it a bit. I used a buttercream icing all over and only used the ganache on the top and dripped down the sides. It was good, but very rich. https://www.shugarysweets.com/ding-...nt=tribes&utm_term=1041102846_48599532_234841

Picking out curtains can be fun. I would love that...dh....not so much :laughing:

I miss my granddogs coming over to visit. Enjoy your time with them!!!!

FUN!!!! What a great trip for everyone going with you!!!! I'm hoping soon we will be able to start to plan trips again.

I would love to see pictures of that! That sounds like it would be super handy at times. I sure could have used something like that at times when we had our poochie with us.

Yum!!!!! I vote both!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Each and every death is tragic to that family that is left behind to mourn them. We have been extremely lucky that Canadians (for the most part) have taken it seriously and done well with what is recommended for us to do. I am tired ( like so many others here ) of the restrictions. I am crossing my fingers by summer, things will be turning around. Right now our health officials are really trying to keep the variants from getting out of hand. Guess time will tell how well we all listen and follow the rules.

I am sure you are very happy to hear that news. We are hoping that soon we will be able to mingle with friends and family again too. It has been a very long year for soooo many people worldwide. Let us cross our fingers with the restrictions and vaccinations, some of the hardest restrictions will start to lift. No comment on Canada's vaccine roll out. We are finally getting a good number of doses this week. I am hoping that they can start to roll them out as efficiently as they did the previous shipments we received.

On a side note for you...I always look forward to your PM's news announcements. He is so well spoken, but ,I mostly look forward to his crazy hairstyles!!!!!! The hairdresser in me wants to just quietly take him aside and give him a haircut :rotfl:

Well, I shuffle the last few papers on my desk

Have a great evening Mac and everyone else I may have missed.

Happy new air fryer Pumpkin.......sounds like a success for you!

Yes, I hope Canada starts picking up soon with vaccines. Good news it`s started already though......yes, it`s been a long haul.

lol.....Boris just doesn`t care and quite right too......I think his partner Carrie is ready to take some scissors to it....any scissors......lol.......I quite like Boris talking too. He`s definitely a love him or hate him character......I do like him.

Always good to see you.......

Good Monday evening Sans family :wave2:

Perused the past few pages. The memes had me laughing.

Thank you Mac...I hope you are feeling better and was so sorry to hear you had a car accident. Lot’s of mummy dust and prayers being sent your way.

We had a very nice visit.

Popeye’s has a spicy chicken too. Yep, some stores are a hit or miss I have heard. The two stores we have near our homes are nice ones and the food is good.

Beautiful rainbow cake. happy belated birthday to your son.

View attachment 558408

LOL.....you sound like me.......my kids have threatened to buy me steel toed slippers. Might have to send you a pair too.

:grouphug:

LOL......great advice.

What a thoughtful present...I bet she was over the moon with her gift.

Congratulations to your daughter.

He is beautiful.

Nice pics of the Zoo and ice sculptures. Hope your weather starts improving some.

Sounds yummy.

Sorry to hear of the cracked tiles in the shower. Glad to hear you will be getting the folks in soon to repair things.

Happy belated birthday to your son pumpkin

View attachment 558412

Charade hope you are feeling better.

Congratulations to your granddaughter Keisha.

Celebrations are in order a fun trip to Universal is in the works.

Yeah.......to salons opening. It’s a start.

There is a local beach I like to walk on and I went for a walk and noticed cars from Canada and the New England states. It was nice and warm 79 degrees and people were in the water and folks had their littles splashing about.

Some guy comes in and starts casting for fish not far from them. I told him he should move farther down the beach as he will not only call fish in with his bait, but he will also encourage any shark that might be swimming by to move in closer to shore. Which would put the folks in the area at risk. He told me he was not moving.

This particular beach is patrolled more closely by the park rangers. I happen to see one having a look around the parking area when I came In as this is one of the few beaches that charges a very nominal fee to Park.

I walked back up to parking area and Mr. Ranger was still there. I told him about my encounter with the fisherman.

He followed me back to the beach and spoke to the guy. I heard him tell the guy to pick up his gear and head down beach away from the swimmers. So he picked up his gear and left.

I don’t get in the Ocean anymore around here do to the increase in Shark activity over the years, but I don’t want folks that are coming here for vacation to be injured because some guy is casting for fish to close to them.

Rant over......

Sending get well wishes to all who need them.

And lots of Florida sunshine ☀ to melt the snow and warm your hearts.

Yes, looking forward to and dreading the new shower at the same time......and yes, I`d like to try Popeye`s chicken at some point.

You did the right thing Robo......sharks are certainly a worry as I found out at NSB last visit......few days after we were there and I was in the water to my knees, a shark bit a little girls ankles in shallow water. A small shark granted, but still a shark. My friend at the hotel was laughing at my ignorance and indignance about them.....lol......but, folks who think rules and common sense don`t apply to them need telling. I`m glad he moved.

And sounds a lovely place to walk on a lovely day Robo.......

Good evening. I had a nice surprise today. The blind installers texted that they could install our blinds this afternoon. We now have new, cordless blinds in the living room. The cat better not destroy these.

I made a decision today. For the past couple of years I have been having problems with my vision even after I have an exam and get new glasses. Each time I have said something to my eye doctor he would just do a quick vision check and tell me that my prescription was correct. It seems to be getting worse, and I am now straining to see my computer at work. Today I decided to schedule another exam with a different doctor. I found an office that comes very highly recommended. I have my appointment on Friday.

Aww...how fun, What kind of dog? I sometimes refer to my brother's dog as my nephew. His new wife also has a dog, so I have a niece too.

I'm not sure what the schools are doing here. I think they are doing in person lessons part of the week and online other days. I am so thankful B graduated high school in 2019.

My husband can watch it for hours. I get bored after a couple of episodes.

That is going to be so much fun experiencing it through the eyes of someone who has never been. I will be in Orlando May 22-31, but in the Disney bubble.

Thank you. I was just feeling a little under the weather. It also didn't help that my cat decided to attack my foot the other night. I have a 3 inch scratch on the top of my right foot and several other scratches on my leg. He drew blood. I don't know what got into him.

I had a BLT for lunch today too. I like a little mayo with mine, but not too much.

This saddens me I worry about how that is going to affect the children. It too B 4 years to recover from a teacher who chose to raise her reading grades rather than address why she was struggling. That was 10 years ago and I still get angry when I think about it.

Ooooh, that recipe looks really good. Gonna have to try it sometime.

In an odd coincidence, my father used to work for a shoe company selling steel toed shoes.

Going to go try to find something on TV to watch until bedtime.

Glad you got your blinds sorted, and yes, hope the cat stays away from them.

Hope the new eye doctor is a success for you, and hope you`re much better today than you have been feeling.

Sorry we`ll miss meeting you in May......hopefully next year we may be able to say hello......

Howdy Y’all!
Sorry...LONG time no post. We are ok.
Condolences to those that have lost loved ones and friends.
Also to those affected by the weather.
Trying to wrap my old, tired head around the state of things here.
Will try to post up some details in the future.

Robert

And buckeev has visited us!!! :wave2:

It`s so good to see you Sir. It has been a long time since we seen you, but glad you are all doing ok. Yes, a lot to take in and deal with........sending you and your family all good wishes.........

Another morning I`m up far too early. But, once I`m awake, usually can`t get back to sleep, so might as well get up and get the day started. Been catching up on all the Mars Rover Perseverance images and videos.....truly captivating.

Ginger tea behind me and toast with marmalade coming up today for breakfast.

Chicken thighs in honey mustard sauce tonight. I keep putting off trying the fish pie we got from the delivery the other day.....I still think I`ll prefer my own anyway. Lunch, have no idea just yet. Might do grilled sandwiches.

Yes, food is still a priority while we are still in lockdown......not much else to plan.

Got some phone calls to make as usual today and having some facetime with my goddaughter who had the baby.....can`t wait to see her again, even if it is through a lens.

Beautiful red sky this morning, but not sure it`s the Saharan dust and just a lovely sunrise that we do get here. Not a bad day ahead for us.

i-MwKfRKM-M.gif

cv27-S.jpg

cv94-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday..........😁

Last edited:
Pumpkin - like him or hate him most agree Boris has been in such difficult situations and has done his best. Whatever he announces some will oppose.

Keisha lovely to have grand dog to stay. We call my son’s dog our grand puppy. He’s a pug and very cute.

Charade were your feet bare when you were attacked? Ouch!

Mac glad you’re feeling better.

Lynne hope your snow was not too heavy.

@bukeev hi to you. Hope you can catch up with us soon.

Must get on with the morning routine. Will catch up more later.

A0458E30-D045-47B4-BFA8-B0E78561BDC3.jpeg

Ah yes, a Tuesday is here. The day Mac likes to enjoy her Taco Bell dinner. Hope the cats let you sleep more this morning, and you are feeling better.

Buckeev, glad to hear you are okay. Awful Texas news, and I give much sympathy to all those suffering.

Schumi, ooh red morning skies usually means bad weather coming. Wow, as African sands come all the way across the globe. Yes, we get Boris news here, and seems like he is trying to keep all safe. Yes, I enjoy seeing those Mars pictures too. Fascinating. Enjoy your lunch, as we eat chicken here too. But what our lunch or even breakfast is, not sure yet.

Julie, ah yes, morning routine. Hope it included a nice garden walk with Louie and a fun morning with L and hope J got to school fine.

And so, new blinds for Charade, and a busy Keisha enjoying her granddog.

A very dark morning before sunrise. Aww, the doves are back cooing outside my window. Clear and at freezing, so how fully a nice enough day. Though morning news said chances of rain and snow showers later to day. Hey, put me on the very little chance of both not happening spot on that wet weather roulette. Otherwise we will have an overcast day, and woot! Should be 10 degrees higher by the afternoon. Will be happy to say hello to a 40F high temperature. Keep that temps going higher and higher. So far, saying Thursday afternoon, with high temp to be in the 50’s, will be the money shot time to be outside to enjoy the weather. Let’s hope that means a much warmer March.

Good Morning homies. May you enjoy a taco, or something like a taco, and have a terrific Taco Tuesday.

Ah yes, morning routine. Already time to refill the tea cup and decide breakfast. Later homies.

Yes Lynne I had a nice break in the garden with Louie and L. L mostly on the trampoline. Kev is jet washing both cars so been occupied all morning. L back to some schoolwork now.

I have my first vaccination booked on Thursday evening. It is at a centre I chose as knowing they are using the AZ vaccine. Would have had any but as the choice was there my company loyalty held out!

Starting on some paperwork now. Has to be done.

Grocery order coming this afternoon.

3A3747F9-02FB-4B93-9111-36EEA3EC22D2.jpeg
LOL.....you sound like me.......my kids have threatened to buy me steel toed slippers. Might have to send you a pair t
Lol. not broken, swelling went down by the next day. I managed to detach cuticle from bottom of toe nail but scabbed over quickly.

Since i’ll be pretty much housebound for another week hunkering down, decided it was a good time to break in a new pair of Birkenstocks. Nothing can permeate that sole

There is a local beach I like to walk on and I went for a walk and noticed cars from Canada and the New England states. It was nice and warm 79 degrees and people were in the water and folks had their littles splashing about.
That sounds absolutely lovely.
We now have new, cordless blinds in the living room. The cat better not destroy these.
Oooh, fancy
I found an office that comes very highly recommended. I have my appointment on Friday.
Do you currently see an ophthalmologist? Only asking as many settle for optometrists Any sort of non routine issue, really need to see an expert up on the latest testing etc. most now use a machine to get your Rx.

Due to covid the practice I’ve gone to for 30 years discontinued dispensing section. Not sure which national chain we’ll try. DH did the local pearl vision...had nothing but problems with those pricey glasses & sunglasses he picked up.

Aww...how fun, What kind of dog? I sometimes refer to my brother's dog as my nephew. His new wife also has a dog, so I have a niece too.
sharks are certainly a worry as I found out at NSB last visit......
Shark capital of the world. Had a friend tell me years ago that the best part of climbing the light house was seeing them in the water. Um, no
Keisha lovely to have grand dog to stay. We call my son’s dog our grand puppy. He’s a pug and very cute.
C6A7982E-52F5-4EF9-BA35-0246600F2026.jpeg
Made himself at home enjoying some of my guy’s toys & his Christmas bed i pulled back out of storage for him. Yes, we do have seasonal pet beds here, don’t judge lol

Little guy always has a bit of a doleful look on his face. They had a pug who recently passed, Yoda ;)-the perfect name for his face. That guy lived well past his breed’s standard life expectancy.

Had to rescue him this am, he’s normally an inside dog. Don’t think he’s been out in the snow. Was excited and wandered out to the deeper, untouched snow in the yard. Had layer of ice upon it. Finally, it cracked and if I hadn’t been watching carefully on hawk duty, wouldn’t have know where he was

Clear and at freezing, so how fully a nice enough day. Though morning news said chances of rain and snow showers later to day. Hey, put me on the very little chance of both not happening spot on that wet weather roulette. Otherwise we will have an overcast day, and woot! Should be 10 degrees higher by the afternoon. Will be happy to say hello to a 40F high temperature. Keep that temps going higher and higher. So far, saying Thursday afternoon, with high temp to be in the 50’s, will be the money shot time to be outside to enjoy the weather. Let’s hope that means a much warmer March.
About the same here. Never was I so glad yesterday to see light showers. Not enough to melt the ground cover but more expected today, yea.
L mostly on the trampoline.
I am so glad i insisted the trampoline I purchased go to the ‘lil’s house. Do have a small, exercise one here still. Helps to burn off energy.
I have my first vaccination booked on Thursday evening. It is at a centre I chose as knowing they are using the AZ vaccine. Would have had any but as the choice was there my company loyalty held out!
Hip hippa! Know the WHO gave greenlight recently. bellieve it’s still not approved for emergency usage. Trials were ongoing in next state earlier this month.

There’s a brewing push back here from people as to it tho, over the reported efficacy% :confused3 people may be getting hung up on the numbers...hearing that the other two are in mid 90’s and this one is coming in 20 points lower. Experts here have been saying anything over 50% is workable. It’s confusing to hear contradictory info, hope it doesn’t prevent people from getting whatever is available when it’s their turn. We need that herd immunity...moooo

:wave2: Making a quick stop in!!!!

Another lovely above seasonal temp day...I am LOVING IT!!!!! Today the sun is shining without very gusty winds. Usually when we get the chinooks...we also get the wind. So far so good. It might be a night to start up the grill and bbq some burgers!!!!!

We bought an airfryer over the weekend. Our first meal in it was a success. I oven roast so much of our meals, from meat to veggies, so it didn't take DH long to talk me into another appliance. I love my instant pot...but while researching, I didn't want an instantpot/fryer combo. This one I can see myself using almost everyday. Guess we will see. It was on sale, and then I also had a 20% off coupon...so we saved 100 bucks off the original price...So we were pretty happy with the price and that's why we went ahead and bought it. I'll let you know if I use it tonight. With the warm weather...I might bbq outside instead of inside ;)

Here is the link to it...I'll add pictures of the cake I made...I did alter it a bit. I used a buttercream icing all over and only used the ganache on the top and dripped down the sides. It was good, but very rich. https://www.shugarysweets.com/ding-...nt=tribes&utm_term=1041102846_48599532_234841

Picking out curtains can be fun. I would love that...dh....not so much :laughing:

I miss my granddogs coming over to visit. Enjoy your time with them!!!!

FUN!!!! What a great trip for everyone going with you!!!! I'm hoping soon we will be able to start to plan trips again.

I would love to see pictures of that! That sounds like it would be super handy at times. I sure could have used something like that at times when we had our poochie with us.

Yum!!!!! I vote both!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Each and every death is tragic to that family that is left behind to mourn them. We have been extremely lucky that Canadians (for the most part) have taken it seriously and done well with what is recommended for us to do. I am tired ( like so many others here ) of the restrictions. I am crossing my fingers by summer, things will be turning around. Right now our health officials are really trying to keep the variants from getting out of hand. Guess time will tell how well we all listen and follow the rules.

I am sure you are very happy to hear that news. We are hoping that soon we will be able to mingle with friends and family again too. It has been a very long year for soooo many people worldwide. Let us cross our fingers with the restrictions and vaccinations, some of the hardest restrictions will start to lift. No comment on Canada's vaccine roll out. We are finally getting a good number of doses this week. I am hoping that they can start to roll them out as efficiently as they did the previous shipments we received.

On a side note for you...I always look forward to your PM's news announcements. He is so well spoken, but ,I mostly look forward to his crazy hairstyles!!!!!! The hairdresser in me wants to just quietly take him aside and give him a haircut :rotfl:

Well, I shuffle the last few papers on my desk

Have a great evening Mac and everyone else I may have missed.
That cake looks so delicious!
I've gone back and forth about getting an air fryer. Glad you like it so far!

Good Monday evening Sans family :wave2:

Perused the past few pages. The memes had me laughing.

Thank you Mac...I hope you are feeling better and was so sorry to hear you had a car accident. Lot’s of mummy dust and prayers being sent your way.

We had a very nice visit.

Popeye’s has a spicy chicken too. Yep, some stores are a hit or miss I have heard. The two stores we have near our homes are nice ones and the food is good.

Beautiful rainbow cake. happy belated birthday to your son.

View attachment 558408

LOL.....you sound like me.......my kids have threatened to buy me steel toed slippers. Might have to send you a pair too.

:grouphug:

LOL......great advice.

What a thoughtful present...I bet she was over the moon with her gift.

Congratulations to your daughter.

He is beautiful.

Nice pics of the Zoo and ice sculptures. Hope your weather starts improving some.

Sounds yummy.

Sorry to hear of the cracked tiles in the shower. Glad to hear you will be getting the folks in soon to repair things.

Happy belated birthday to your son pumpkin

View attachment 558412

Charade hope you are feeling better.

Congratulations to your granddaughter Keisha.

Celebrations are in order a fun trip to Universal is in the works.

Yeah.......to salons opening. It’s a start.

Some guy comes in and starts casting for fish not far from them. I told him he should move farther down the beach as he will not only call fish in with his bait, but he will also encourage any shark that might be swimming by to move in closer to shore. Which would put the folks in the area at risk. He told me he was not moving.

This particular beach is patrolled more closely by the park rangers. I happen to see one having a look around the parking area when I came In as this is one of the few beaches that charges a very nominal fee to Park.

I walked back up to parking area and Mr. Ranger was still there. I told him about my encounter with the fisherman.

He followed me back to the beach and spoke to the guy. I heard him tell the guy to pick up his gear and head down beach away from the swimmers. So he picked up his gear and left.

I don’t get in the Ocean anymore around here do to the increase in Shark activity over the years, but I don’t want folks that are coming here for vacation to be injured because some guy is casting for fish to close to them.

Rant over......

Sending get well wishes to all who need them.

And lots of Florida sunshine ☀ to melt the snow and warm your hearts.
Your incredible pictures in your Mardi Gras trip report may have pushed me over the edge into booking that trip, lol!!! Enjoying the TR immensely!

Good evening. I had a nice surprise today. The blind installers texted that they could install our blinds this afternoon. We now have new, cordless blinds in the living room. The cat better not destroy these.

I made a decision today. For the past couple of years I have been having problems with my vision even after I have an exam and get new glasses. Each time I have said something to my eye doctor he would just do a quick vision check and tell me that my prescription was correct. It seems to be getting worse, and I am now straining to see my computer at work. Today I decided to schedule another exam with a different doctor. I found an office that comes very highly recommended. I have my appointment on Friday.

I'm not sure what the schools are doing here. I think they are doing in person lessons part of the week and online other days. I am so thankful B graduated high school in 2019.

My husband can watch it for hours. I get bored after a couple of episodes.

That is going to be so much fun experiencing it through the eyes of someone who has never been. I will be in Orlando May 22-31, but in the Disney bubble.

Thank you. I was just feeling a little under the weather. It also didn't help that my cat decided to attack my foot the other night. I have a 3 inch scratch on the top of my right foot and several other scratches on my leg. He drew blood. I don't know what got into him.

I had a BLT for lunch today too. I like a little mayo with mine, but not too much.

This saddens me I worry about how that is going to affect the children. It too B 4 years to recover from a teacher who chose to raise her reading grades rather than address why she was struggling. That was 10 years ago and I still get angry when I think about it.

Ooooh, that recipe looks really good. Gonna have to try it sometime.

In an odd coincidence, my father used to work for a shoe company selling steel toed shoes.

Going to go try to find something on TV to watch until bedtime.
New blinds, yeah! Always fun to freshen up the house with something new.
Hope a new eye doctor will be able to help you out!

lol.....you`re naughty!! Love it though......:rotfl:

It was very pretty last time it was here, we did get some beautiful sunrises, but alas, it is missing us.....cleaner windows though! Although.....our windows right now with all the rain and snow we`ve had......heck!! He did get out and although he had to come in early due to cloud, did get a picture....will pop it off to you....yes, it`s been a while.

It`s a tragedy reading about the numbers of deaths. When compared to deaths in both wars, it really brings home just how many people have and will lose their life through this.

Enjoy the puppy time........:dog:

Why do I always forget you have a cat???

Congrats on the teeshirt Lori.......you are doing well with the gym and Dry February.......putting most of us to shame!!!

Lunch was good, I adore shrimp!!

No, we can`t change the dates for May. Even if the borders did open up by then, which I doubt they will, other flights have already been booked and full. But, we`ve already mentally written May off. It was always a long shot, and now......we focus on September and hope that one happens......lol.....

That is a lovely grad trip for both girls.

Happy new air fryer Pumpkin.......sounds like a success for you!

Yes, I hope Canada starts picking up soon with vaccines. Good news it`s started already though......yes, it`s been a long haul.

lol.....Boris just doesn`t care and quite right too......I think his partner Carrie is ready to take some scissors to it....any scissors......lol.......I quite like Boris talking too. He`s definitely a love him or hate him character......I do like him.

Always good to see you.......

Yes, looking forward to and dreading the new shower at the same time......and yes, I`d like to try Popeye`s chicken at some point.

You did the right thing Robo......sharks are certainly a worry as I found out at NSB last visit......few days after we were there and I was in the water to my knees, a shark bit a little girls ankles in shallow water. A small shark granted, but still a shark. My friend at the hotel was laughing at my ignorance and indignance about them.....lol......but, folks who think rules and common sense don`t apply to them need telling. I`m glad he moved.

And sounds a lovely place to walk on a lovely day Robo.......

Glad you got your blinds sorted, and yes, hope the cat stays away from them.

Hope the new eye doctor is a success for you, and hope you`re much better today than you have been feeling.

Sorry we`ll miss meeting you in May......hopefully next year we may be able to say hello......

And buckeev has visited us!!! :wave2:

It`s so good to see you Sir. It has been a long time since we seen you, but glad you are all doing ok. Yes, a lot to take in and deal with........sending you and your family all good wishes.........

Another morning I`m up far too early. But, once I`m awake, usually can`t get back to sleep, so might as well get up and get the day started. Been catching up on all the Mars Rover Perseverance images and videos.....truly captivating.

Ginger tea behind me and toast with marmalade coming up today for breakfast.

Chicken thighs in honey mustard sauce tonight. I keep putting off trying the fish pie we got from the delivery the other day.....I still think I`ll prefer my own anyway. Lunch, have no idea just yet. Might do grilled sandwiches.

Yes, food is still a priority while we are still in lockdown......not much else to plan.

Got some phone calls to make as usual today and having some facetime with my goddaughter who had the baby.....can`t wait to see her again, even if it is through a lens.

Beautiful red sky this morning, but not sure it`s the Saharan dust and just a lovely sunrise that we do get here. Not a bad day ahead for us.

i-MwKfRKM-M.gif

cv27-S.jpg

cv94-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday..........😁
Here is Strawberry doing what she does best....napping! The old gal is 17 and spends most of the time snoozing.
She contorts into the strangest positions. I have a bunch of pictures of her sleeping in all sorts of crazy poses!
In the photo, she's on a heated pet pad that I bought off of Amazon. It really helps keep her comfortable. She's always been tiny, only weighing 5 pounds.

View attachment 558456

Ah yes, a Tuesday is here. The day Mac likes to enjoy her Taco Bell dinner. Hope the cats let you sleep more this morning, and you are feeling better.

Buckeev, glad to hear you are okay. Awful Texas news, and I give much sympathy to all those suffering.

Schumi, ooh red morning skies usually means bad weather coming. Wow, as African sands come all the way across the globe. Yes, we get Boris news here, and seems like he is trying to keep all safe. Yes, I enjoy seeing those Mars pictures too. Fascinating. Enjoy your lunch, as we eat chicken here too. But what our lunch or even breakfast is, not sure yet.

Julie, ah yes, morning routine. Hope it included a nice garden walk with Louie and a fun morning with L and hope J got to school fine.

A very dark morning before sunrise. Aww, the doves are back cooing outside my window. Clear and at freezing, so how fully a nice enough day. Though morning news said chances of rain and snow showers later to day. Hey, put me on the very little chance of both not happening spot on that wet weather roulette. Otherwise we will have an overcast day, and woot! Should be 10 degrees higher by the afternoon. Will be happy to say hello to a 40F high temperature. Keep that temps going higher and higher. So far, saying Thursday afternoon, with high temp to be in the 50’s, will be the money shot time to be outside to enjoy the weather. Let’s hope that means a much warmer March.

Good Morning homies. May you enjoy a taco, or something like a taco, and have a terrific Taco Tuesday.

Ah yes, morning routine. Already time to refill the tea cup and decide breakfast. Later homies.
I may have to make tacos for tonight. All the Taco memes have finally worked, lol!!

Yes Lynne I had a nice break in the garden with Louie and L. L mostly on the trampoline. Kev is jet washing both cars so been occupied all morning. L back to some schoolwork now.

Starting on some paperwork now. Has to be done.

Grocery order coming this afternoon.
Glad you're able to get the vaccine!

It will reach a glorious 40 degrees today, and sunny! It's the little things to get excited about:sunny:
The dogs will get a looooong overdue walk!

View attachment 558456

Yes, usually means bad weather for most of us.....I think we`re doing ok when I see what other areas are getting with rain.....we just have high winds today.

Glad you`re getting slightly warmer where you are.......I know we keep saying it but spring is just around the corner.

Enjoy that tea........

View attachment 558472
Lol. not broken, swelling went down by the next day. I managed to detach cuticle from bottom of toe nail but scabbed over quickly.

Since i’ll be pretty much housebound for another week hunkering down, decided it was a good time to break in a new pair of Birkenstocks. Nothing can permeate that sole

Oooh, fancy

Do you currently see an ophthalmologist? Only asking as many settle for optometrists Any sort of non routine issue, really need to see an expert up on the latest testing etc. most now use a machine to get your Rx.

Due to covid the practice I’ve gone to for 30 years discontinued dispensing section. Not sure which national chain we’ll try. DH did the local pearl vision...had nothing but problems with those pricey glasses & sunglasses he picked up.

Shark capital of the world. Had a friend tell me years ago that the best part of climbing the light house was seeing them in the water. Um, no

View attachment 558473
Made himself at home enjoying some of my guy’s toys & his Christmas bed i pulled back out of storage for him. Yes, we do have seasonal pet beds here, don’t judge lol

Little guy always has a bit of a doleful look on his face. They had a pug who recently passed, Yoda ;)-the perfect name for his face. That guy lived well past his breed’s standard life expectancy.

Had to rescue him this am, he’s normally an inside dog. Don’t think he’s been out in the snow. Was excited and wandered out to the deeper, untouched snow in the yard. Had layer of ice upon it. Finally, it cracked and if I hadn’t been watching carefully on hawk duty, wouldn’t have know where he was

About the same here. Never was I so glad yesterday to see light showers. Not enough to melt the ground cover but more expected today, yea.

I am so glad i insisted the trampoline I purchased go to the ‘lil’s house. Do have a small, exercise one here still. Helps to burn off energy.

Hip hippa! Know the WHO gave greenlight recently. bellieve it’s still not approved for emergency usage. Trials were ongoing in next state earlier this month.

There’s a brewing push back here from people as to it tho, over the reported efficacy% :confused3 people may be getting hung up on the numbers...hearing that the other two are in mid 90’s and this one is coming in 20 points lower. Experts here have been saying anything over 50% is workable. It’s confusing to hear contradictory info, hope it doesn’t prevent people from getting whatever is available when it’s their turn. We need that herd immunity...moooo

cv96-S.jpg

Yes, seems we need a better education programme for some that are worrying about that.......France and Germany are experiencing refusal to accept it`s safe....although I suspect their governments are partially responsible for that.

Cutest dog!!! So did he stay in the spare bed you got him or did he wander......lol......

Yes, no thanks to the sharks......I genuinely had no idea.....and one of the girls from the club lounge was so cavalier about it when I mentioned it to her as she surfs there often!! She`s never seen one.....lol......my paddling days are over when we go there. Our last visit to NSB, the sea was as calm as the Gulf coast......amazing and such a beautiful beach.

Enjoy the new clogs......don`t slip!!

That cake looks so delicious!
I've gone back and forth about getting an air fryer. Glad you like it so far!

Your incredible pictures in your Mardi Gras trip report may have pushed me over the edge into booking that trip, lol!!! Enjoying the TR immensely!

New blinds, yeah! Always fun to freshen up the house with something new.
Hope a new eye doctor will be able to help you out!

View attachment 558480
Here is Strawberry doing what she does best....napping! The old gal is 17 and spends most of the time snoozing.
She contorts into the strangest positions. I have a bunch of pictures of her sleeping in all sorts of crazy poses!
In the photo, she's on a heated pet pad that I bought off of Amazon. It really helps keep her comfortable. She's always been tiny, only weighing 5 pounds.

I may have to make tacos for tonight. All the Taco memes have finally worked, lol!!

Glad you're able to get the vaccine!

It will reach a glorious 40 degrees today, and sunny! It's the little things to get excited about:sunny:
The dogs will get a looooong overdue walk!

Beautiful!!! And you know I`m not a cat fan........I don`t know how I missed you had one......lol......funny how she sleeps in as many weird ways.....

I`m on the bench on an airfryer too......sometimes I think yay, others I think no, don`t need one. I might get one of those Ninja Foodie grills as our George Forman we use for grilled sandwiches needs replaced. But.....not sure I really need one.

Yes, doesn`t take much to get us over the moon this weather......lol......enjoy that walk with the doggies.

Made a lot of phone calls today, and we did have grilled sandwiches for lunch. Will make the honey mustard sauce later for dinner.

Ordered our book groups new book today, they`ll arrive with me Saturday and I`ll distribute them and post ones out to ladies who aren`t local. Looking forward to reading this one.

Blowing an absolute hoolie outside.......the sea looks so wild and grey today. Glad I`m not out in a boat.

Ah yes, hawk patrol with such a tiny dog, Keisha. Since more birds are starting to come around as Spring is moseying along coming in less than a month, and have seen quite a few hawks around lately. Have not heard about dogs getting snatched, but I know they can be an issue closer to where my sister lives. But my dogs were large enough, not much issue. My brother had a chihuahua mix. He was all of 4 pounds and named Squirt. Lived for 20 years. Glad to hear toe better. Yeah, a couple of years ago, I stubbed my big toe so hard, nail fell off, ewww, and was a nice shades of black and blue and then yellow, but nail did grow back, and toe went back to normal too. Glad I did not get more damage to it. Was in open flip flops as much as I could after it happened.

Ah Schumi, I too like when you say blowing a hoolie.

Paris, cute kitty. Yeah, my friend had a tiny cat, who always looked like a kitten, as was so small.

Julie, great you are scheduled to receive the vaccine. My work asked for count to how many want it. I said me. So I will see if they make it available, I will get it there. Otherwise, my state is in no hurry to give to the general adult population.

Herd Immunity indeed.

I have an air fryer. My kids like it. And certainly easier for a small amount to be made in it rather than lighting my large oven.

Ooh phone had warned winter mix in the next hour. A few minutes ago, said rain coming in 5 minutes. Ack, wet day for us. And yeah Keisha, way too much snow to have it all melt away any time soon.

Morning is dragging. Ready for lunch already. The joy of having a very early breakfast. Snack time. And may make coffee. Tea is delicious this morning, but may want more caffeine.

Yay, chatting time for the homies. Pictures too. Woot!

So, I’m stuck on hold with insurance again. I am so over this telehealth stuff and ready for the therapists to go back to seeing everyone in person.

Unfortunately I will also miss you if you are able to go in September. I don’t arrive until October 1.

Charade were your feet bare when you were attacked? Ouch!
Yes, they were. I guess I will have to keep shoes or slippers on all the time.

My current doctor is an optometrist. I think the new one is also an optometrist, but there are also ophthalmologists in the practice.

Cute little dog.

Here is Strawberry doing what she does best....napping!
So sweet, and tiny. I think my little beast is around 11 pounds.

Still on hold. It’s time for lunch now, but I guess mine will be delayed.

@keisha lovely doggie - must be missing his buddy. My son has a pug they rescued he’s lovely.

Lynne - is there no rollout of vaccine with your state? We are doing super well here - originally we were told end of April/May for us then end March April and now available February.

J’aime where did the name Strawberry come from? My old retriever used to gently pull the raspberries and strawberries off the plants leaving the green part behind!

Keisha - initial reports were the AZ was slightly lower efficacy after first dose but updated figures from following research now showing AZ ahead of Pfizer by the fourth week after receiving the initial dose. Pfizer and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccines were shown to reduce the risk of hospital admission from Covid-19 by up to 85 per cent and 94 per cent respectively. I would be happy with either though with L returning to school and J back to full classes.

Got a good piece of paperwork completed and a complete grocery order so another positive.

Stir fries tonight - beef or prawn or both.

Happy Tuesday, My day off today. I may run out to Lidl and Sam's Club today. Nothing real exciting on the docket. I will be glad when that day changes :)

Sunny day today 61 degrees today. Nice change from all the rain we have received over the last month or so.

We have a nesting pair of Cooper's Hawks that feed almost every morning around our house. They are probably attracted by all the bird feeders around but I never see them try to go after squirrels (which we have tons) or birds. We always see them fly to the ground to pick bugs and worms. They are funny hopping on the ground with their big talons.

Not sure about dinner yet. DH and I started our diet yesterday so something light I suppose. DH does not need to diet but he is being a good sport. We had chicken and stir fry veg last night, which was very good. May do something similar tonight.

153031037_4139470176065487_6143680033201069510_n.jpg

Happy Belated birthday to Pumpkin's DS.

Regional gymnastics competition in central PA was cancelled due to an outbreak this weekend. A modified one for several western PA teams was held in the ‘lil’s gym yesterday am. She slayed it :) 1st places & best all-round in her level.

Congrats to her!

I admit that Forged in Fire is a guilty pleasure of mine!
It's very different from most shows I would normally watch. I find it very fascinating, and there is real talent to their craft.

I admit I enjoy that one too. DS and I watch it occasionally. It is amazing the skill that people have.

guess my AP has really been speaking to me lately....I ended up booking a trip to Universal yesterday!

Yay! Congrats on your trip.

This was my lunch which was gorgeous........

Beautiful plate! I bet it was delicious.

Very nice. Enjoy your new blinds.

66 here today
70 tomorrow

changing our food routine and hitting Taco Bell Wednesday and making a roasting hen tonight for dinner

Mr Mac will be so confused with me doing that
It will keep him on his toes.

To be truthful, forgot it was Tuesday
Lol
(Every day of the week blends together for me as I don’t go out of the house)

Had my blood draws at the hospital this morning and now waiting for results and a call from doc

sounds like many of you are doing good and hope rest of the week, gets even better for youse.

guess I missed the bacon again today

J’amie - what a precious kittie. She’s got that whole cat nap thing down

Lol the herd pic & that phrase, it never fails to give me a fit of inappropriate giggles.:tilt:

Janet...there`s a joke there somewhere........but, I won`t go there........:rotfl:

Ah yes, hawk patrol with such a tiny dog, Keisha. Since more birds are starting to come around as Spring is moseying along coming in less than a month, and have seen quite a few hawks around lately. Have not heard about dogs getting snatched, but I know they can be an issue closer to where my sister lives. But my dogs were large enough, not much issue. My brother had a chihuahua mix. He was all of 4 pounds and named Squirt. Lived for 20 years. Glad to hear toe better. Yeah, a couple of years ago, I stubbed my big toe so hard, nail fell off, ewww, and was a nice shades of black and blue and then yellow, but nail did grow back, and toe went back to normal too. Glad I did not get more damage to it. Was in open flip flops as much as I could after it happened.

Ah Schumi, I too like when you say blowing a hoolie.

Paris, cute kitty. Yeah, my friend had a tiny cat, who always looked like a kitten, as was so small.

Julie, great you are scheduled to receive the vaccine. My work asked for count to how many want it. I said me. So I will see if they make it available, I will get it there. Otherwise, my state is in no hurry to give to the general adult population.

Herd Immunity indeed.

I have an air fryer. My kids like it. And certainly easier for a small amount to be made in it rather than lighting my large oven.

Ooh phone had warned winter mix in the next hour. A few minutes ago, said rain coming in 5 minutes. Ack, wet day for us. And yeah Keisha, way too much snow to have it all melt away any time soon.

Morning is dragging. Ready for lunch already. The joy of having a very early breakfast. Snack time. And may make coffee. Tea is delicious this morning, but may want more caffeine.

Yay, chatting time for the homies. Pictures too. Woot!

One of my toenails is slowly recovering from some kind of trauma.....I blame someone who backed onto my toes ages ago. They do take their time to heal for sure, and yes, very painful. My mum lost both her big toenails when she was in her 30`s, and I always wondered if I`d be the same.....so far so good.

Hope you get something nice for lunch.......

So, I’m stuck on hold with insurance again. I am so over this telehealth stuff and ready for the therapists to go back to seeing everyone in person.

Unfortunately I will also miss you if you are able to go in September. I don’t arrive until October 1.

Yes, they were. I guess I will have to keep shoes or slippers on all the time.

My current doctor is an optometrist. I think the new one is also an optometrist, but there are also ophthalmologists in the practice.

Cute little dog.

Still on hold. It’s time for lunch now, but I guess mine will be delayed.

Yes, that`s why I thought next year we might be able to say hello as planned.....hope you get lunch soon......

Happy Tuesday, My day off today. I may run out to Lidl and Sam's Club today. Nothing real exciting on the docket. I will be glad when that day changes :)

Sunny day today 61 degrees today. Nice change from all the rain we have received over the last month or so.

We have a nesting pair of Cooper's Hawks that feed almost every morning around our house. They are probably attracted by all the bird feeders around but I never see them try to go after squirrels (which we have tons) or birds. We always see them fly to the ground to pick bugs and worms. They are funny hopping on the ground with their big talons.

Not sure about dinner yet. DH and I started our diet yesterday so something light I suppose. DH does not need to diet but he is being a good sport. We had chicken and stir fry veg last night, which was very good. May do something similar tonight.

View attachment 558500

Happy Belated birthday to Pumpkin's DS.

Congrats to her!

I admit I enjoy that one too. DS and I watch it occasionally. It is amazing the skill that people have.

Yay! Congrats on your trip.

Beautiful plate! I bet it was delicious.

Very nice. Enjoy your new blinds.

I saw Coopers Hawk and thought of the restaurant in Orlando......lol....you can see where my thoughts are right now!

Dinner sounds good......I love stir fry, but always have it with calorie laden plum sauce......oops!

66 here today
70 tomorrow

changing our food routine and hitting Taco Bell Wednesday and making a roasting hen tonight for dinner

Lol

Had my blood draws at the hospital this morning and now waiting for results and a call from doc

sounds like many of you are doing good and hope rest of the week, gets even better for youse.

I always say I`m so happy Kyle keeps track of the days of the week.....otherwise some days I`d have no clue.

yep.....you missed the bacon......will make sure you`re around next time. Actually Friday I think, Saturday too........:thumbsup2

Didn`t get to chat to my goddaughter and baby this afternoon.....little one was out of sorts......will catch them tomorrow.

Still wild and woolly outside.....glad I`m in with nowhere to go........dinner was lovely and a little filling. Settling down now with a pot of tea on the coffee table and some little shortbread rounds I made today.

Have started watching CSI-NY again, fancy a few episodes of that for a while. Gotta love some Lt Dan.......::yes::

J’amie - what a precious kittie. She’s got that whole cat nap thing down
She sure does! We adore her :lovestruc

Thank you...she's always been pocket sized!
You make a good argument for the air fryer....may have to peek around at a few models.

Those insurance calls are never fun to make....

Thank you, she's a doll! What's your cat's name?

J’aime where did the name Strawberry come from? My old retriever used to gently pull the raspberries and strawberries off the plants leaving the green part behind!
My DD was 5 when the kitty was brought as a gift for her by Santa.
Strawberry Shortcake (full name) was chosen by the 5 year old....after a doll that was popular at the time!

There was a whole collection of Strawberry Shortcake dolls available when I was a child, and it make a comeback when my DD was young.

Me too:yay:

66 here today
70 tomorrow

Lol

Hope it's good news from your doctor!

Janet...there`s a joke there somewhere........but, I won`t go there........:rotfl:

One of my toenails is slowly recovering from some kind of trauma.....I blame someone who backed onto my toes ages ago. They do take their time to heal for sure, and yes, very painful. My mum lost both her big toenails when she was in her 30`s, and I always wondered if I`d be the same.....so far so good.

Hope you get something nice for lunch.......

Yes, that`s why I thought next year we might be able to say hello as planned.....hope you get lunch soon......

I saw Coopers Hawk and thought of the restaurant in Orlando......lol....you can see where my thoughts are right now!

Dinner sounds good......I love stir fry, but always have it with calorie laden plum sauce......oops!

I always say I`m so happy Kyle keeps track of the days of the week.....otherwise some days I`d have no clue.

yep.....you missed the bacon......will make sure you`re around next time. Actually Friday I think, Saturday too........:thumbsup2

Didn`t get to chat to my goddaughter and baby this afternoon.....little one was out of sorts......will catch them tomorrow.

Still wild and woolly outside.....glad I`m in with nowhere to go........dinner was lovely and a little filling. Settling down now with a pot of tea on the coffee table and some little shortbread rounds I made today.

Have started watching CSI-NY again, fancy a few episodes of that for a while. Gotta love some Lt Dan.......::yes::
I thought the exact same thing when I read Coopers Hawk! We have one about 30 minutes away. One of my dad's favorite places!

View attachment 558472

Oooh, fancy

View attachment 558473

Cute pup! Always enjoy pet pics!
No judging here! We have seasonal shirts PJs and sweaters for the little dog Barney, and seasonal toys for both dogs!
What can I say? I'm an empty-nester that could possibly use a hobby, lol!!

Went on a long walk with the dogs as it hit mid 40s today! I only wore my sweatshirt, no jacket required!
Snow has melted dramatically in just one day, hooray!!
That meant lots of puddles and 2 filthy dogs.....oh well, totally worth it8-)

Yeah, a couple of years ago, I stubbed my big toe so hard, nail fell off, ewww, and was a nice shades of black and blue and then yellow, but nail did grow back, and toe went back to normal too. Glad I did not get more damage to it. Was in open flip flops as much as I could after it happened.
Ow i had one loosen up, after an orlando trip. Toe box too tight on sneakers podiatrist said. He said he didn’t want to remove it. Took 6 months, finally fell off (during next trip lol). Surprised to find an almost fully formed new nail underneath it
I’ve got a biggie, 8 qt. Still obsessed
updated figures from following research now showing AZ ahead of Pfizer by the fourth week after receiving the initial dose.
Numbers here stated dramatically different CoNfusing to say the least. Supposedly, FDA will
Approve on emergency basis by end of week here. Good news for those still waiting!
We have a nesting pair of Cooper's Hawks
Never heard of that breed
Everything crossed.
PS my kids said tony Hines sends his best. They Do love using him in Orlando.
Dang it
My DD was 5 when the kitty was brought as a gift for her by Santa.
Strawberry Shortcake (full name) was chosen by the 5 year old....after a doll that was popular at the time!
What a sweet story:)

Today was an annoying day. I finally got through to someone from the insurance company. She put me on hold to research the problem and accidentally pit me back in the main phone queue. At that point I gave up and went to lunch.

We have a nesting pair of Cooper's Hawks that feed almost every morning around our house.
How cool!

Hope all is well.

Well, I plan on buying an AP for my trip in October. It would be really wrong not to use it again before it expires, right?

What's your cat's name?
Meet Caspian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter