Something About Nothing ... #12

Good evening everyone. Today was move in day at the university. We got B settled in, but there are a few more things she needs. Her roommate seems nice. There is a Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts in her dorm. That has the potential to be very dangerous.

I am exhausted both physically and emotionally. Will probably fall asleep soon.

Lynne - I love the big cat pic even if it is upside down.

Behind again.
Yesterday was first day of school around here-official HS senior (ACK!) and 8th grader. Was off for the day so cleaned and started packing. Got rest of stuff together tonight so when I get off work tomorrow we can hit the road to St Louis. Staying at In-laws and going to dinner, DD wants to hit Ikea for bedroom furniture. Then up really early to airport Friday. Figure we should be at the GF pool by 1ish at the latest Friday afternoon (No rain please!)
Oh charade-move in day is exhausting! In so many ways! It has gotten easier with DD, especially as she can move in stages with her apartment. She's already taken some furniture and bunch of stuff down.
For once we did tacos on Tuesday-well nachos but same stuff right? Kids like it, and everyone on different schedules-middle had band practice in the evening, DH had an open house to make cookies for at one of his schools (they do a cookie fundraiser) an hour away. Made guacamole too, and salsa with fresh stuff from garden.

and yep-hoping for meet with Lynne on Saturday! We will have to coordinate as I was thinking of heading to Uni in am Saturday to get monthly passholder pin and convert paper tickets to the ones that fit in lanyards for HHN. Will see how tired I am after MNSSHP.

Dh's oldest DD's football friend got signed to Packers this week-was a free agent. Not huge market for fullbacks, but he works super hard. Hoping he makes the final roster.

Hello to all! I know there was more I wanted to greet but brain lost it. THink I need to go to bed soon LOL!

Bright Suns from SoCal! Arrived on time. Even snoozed a bit on flight. Didn’t sleep a wink the Saturday night. Had to be on the road by 2am and just couldn’t fall asleep.
Today we went into Galaxy Edge. Rope drop. We got to the park gate at 8:15 for a 9:00 opening. So we were at the front of the line getting in. 15 min wait to get on ride. When we got off wait was up to 85 min. Theming of area is impressive. Ride was fun. We went to Olga’s and the theming was fun but it was a one and done for me.
Went from opening to 7pm today. Unusual for me. But circumstances just turned out that way. Tomorrow back to afternoon pool break.

23B89E56-26CD-470E-AFFD-9442B5993FDC.jpeg23B89E56-26CD-470E-AFFD-9442B5993FDC.jpeg

Need more coffee, had to look at the Adam’s family pic twice before it sunk into my thick head.

Have spent hours trying to instal the hotel canary app to work with chrome browsers on Ipad (priceline hints). stick a fork in me, i’m Done

Off to play with my grand cats & pick up the ‘lil from football camp. I keep trying to ignore it but my least favorite season is starting to rear it head.

Humpy good day to all :)

Lol.......one of my favourite shows as a kid! Yes.....that time of year is just around the corner.........

Lynne.....when do you leave? If it’s today have a wonderful trip......hope you have a lovely time........

MonyK too.........have a blast and yes, you’ll have good weather.......I had a word and it’ll be fine....... ::yes::

Charade and MonyK both with kids back to school.......hope it all goes well........

Sue.....glad you’re having a nice time........

Up far too early again......DS is going into work an hour early so, I always get up to see him off. Glad this is a one off......he’s usually 9-5.

Grocery shopping today and darn it, got an email saying three parcels will be delivered today........will leave gates open and they can leave them in safe place as no doubt we’ll be out when they come.

Will wait a while for breakfast.....far too early.......croissants and fruit......noticed the blackberries (brambles) are in abundance around us......will take friends little granddaughter for a walk and we’ll get as many picked as possible, she’ll love that. Then Tom and I will go get the higher ones. We have so many hedgerows around so will take us a while........they’re around till October so may get more when we get back.

Anyway......have a great Thursday.......

:wave2:Hey, all, Good Morning.

Ah Charade, doing the drop off at the end of next week. Getting so real, bought her a color coordinated trash can. Seems designer little one wants certain colors. Some of her stuff is already in my car, and when we get back, it will be an other packing time.

No, Shcumi, not today, but both MonyK and I will be in flight tomorrow, though she will be landed way before me. And yum, I do like blackberries, and how fun to pick. Nice you will be able to still harvest them when you return from your Fall trip.

And yes, MonyK, will be in touch, as with a late flight, we both will be tired, though early bird me will be up, little one, if I tell her to get up, she will. I want that pin, and maybe the cup too. Plus, in the afternoon, we will be in the Mouse World, as little one definitely wants to do that late night at TL, so will we will be stopping at the SOG to buy those tickets. Then late lunch somewhere, DS or wherever. Hope your flight goes smooth, and yep, enjoying the GF afternoon pool time. I'll be calling the hotel, to remind them late arrival. I too am hoping no rain to bother what we want to do.

Great picture, Sue, and so happy for you that you are having a great time, and flight was nice. Looks like beautiful weather too. Nice you checked in here. Continued fun out there.

With that, made a list of all must do, oh my. But ready, and did some wash last night. I'll be packing in the morning tomorrow. I did bring out the luggage though. And cleaned out my backpack from our NYC trip.

Ooh, and it's a Thirsty Thursday. That means, sky has been dry, since last night, it gave us so much rain, phone buzzed with flood warnings, and older one remarked, that was a good strike of lightning. Thus, a wet and foggy, and muggy, but cool and dark, feeling commute. Soggy, yes, I'd call it that this morning.

Still waiting for SW to open flights past 5 January. I want to lock down our flights for our January cruise. That countdown is ticking too.

Ah,
425902 and for everyone: 425903

:coffee:Oh so time for tea, and sigh, chiller is well on it's way to make this another freezing indoor temp.

Come on everyone, Thursday is here. Friday is well on it's way to arriving. :)

:rockband::music:

Good morning ladies........I’am up Schumi and Lynne :wave2:

BE2717BB-A517-4B31-8FC1-C413C7BD6D16.jpeg

Lynne glad to hear you have the day off tomorrow It makes getting ready for your trip much easier. Hope it works for you and Monykalyn to meet up. It’s always so nice to meet a Sans family members.

Schumi hope you and your friends granddaughter enjoy your berry picking walk today.

I did grocery store yesterday. Always nice to get that done for sure.

I'm so far behind that I'll just say hi to Carole, mac, Lynne, monyk, Robo, Robbie, Charade, kfish, Bobbie, Sue, pumpkin and anyone else who is reading along...hope you have a wonderful night :flower1:

Hey! Tink :wave:

Good evening everyone. Today was move in day at the university. We got B settled in, but there are a few more things she needs. Her roommate seems nice. There is a Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts in her dorm. That has the potential to be very dangerous.

Congratulations to B on her move in day....hope you are doing are doing ok. Sometimes their move to college is a wonderful time for them to begin their independence, but sad for mom and dad.

Schumi that was a cute pick of Wednesday dancing yesterday. I was a fan of the Adams family. Will let Lurch and Morticia get in on the act....LOL

A690BF59-9159-4F30-BAFF-38ADFAB1AA93.gif

Sue great to hear you are having fun at DL.

Yesterday was my son’s birthday. He is the sweetest son. Seems like only yesterday I was holding him in my arms. Now he is 42.

3219E1C3-F2B3-459E-9C8A-B9EBAF59D420.gif

HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY EVERYONE.

Good morning everyone. Didn’t sleep well last night. This is going to be an adjustment period. I keep reminding myself that she is an adult now.

I need to go back to Bed Bath and Beyond today. Yesterday evening I bough a few things for B’s room. There was some confusion over the price on one item (it was half off but still ringing at full price) and it took a few minutes to get it straightened out. When I got home last night I discovered that in the confusion the cashier did not charge me for one of the items. I’ll go back this afternoon and pay for it.

Yesterday was first day of school around here
Same here. I need to start giving myself a few extra minutes in the morning for the back to school traffic. I live very close to an elementary school.

Dh's oldest DD's football friend got signed to Packers this week-was a free agent. Not huge market for fullbacks, but he works super hard. Hoping he makes the final roster.
How awesome for him. A former NFL player grew up two houses down from me. He was long gone before we moved into our house, but his family still owned that house until a few months ago. He bought his parents a really nice house a few years ago.

Today we went into Galaxy Edge. Rope drop. We got to the park gate at 8:15 for a 9:00 opening. So we were at the front of the line getting in. 15 min wait to get on ride. When we got off wait was up to 85 min. Theming of area is impressive. Ride was fun. We went to Olga’s and the theming was fun but it was a one and done for me.
How did you do on the ride? Dh and I were terrible pilots. I think we virtually destroyed the Falcon.

Grocery shopping today
I really need to do that too. I need to get used to shopping for only 2 again.

Ah Charade, doing the drop off at the end of next week. Getting so real, bought her a color coordinated trash can. Seems designer little one wants certain colors. Some of her stuff is already in my car, and when we get back, it will be an other packing time.
Yep, B is the same. Most everything she has is pink and purple. She did get a few things in white to break up all the pink and purple. Her roommate has chosen a blue and gray color scheme.

Yesterday was my son’s birthday.
Happy birthday to him.

Got to get to work now. I feel like I should have taken the day offf.

A happy birthday to Robo's son. Enjoy some cake and ice cream to celebrate. I will have to grocery shop tomorrow. I know neither of my men will want to do that.

Charade, funny, B's roommate has the same color scheme as little one is doing. Though dark blue. Ordered an under the bed box thing, so have to pick that up tomorrow. Little one said, the beds are high enough to put stuff under, so I am hoping she likes what I am picking up. Oh, there are days I wish I had taken off. Hope work feels better for you, and goes quick. Both kids start on the 26th, and our school time rush hour does not start until after Labor Day. Yep, when school's in session, my commute in the afternoon takes about 10 minutes longer. It's when rush hour gets a bump in number of cars, around 2:30, when the senior high schools let out. Becomes the start of rush hour.

And to Schumi's wonderful TR she started for the Fall, I am a very last minute packer. I think I have always been that way. I will be packed for my Fall trip the night before though, a 3am ride to the airport may require me to do that.

Ack, still waiting for SW to open their flights for all of January. I got stuff to do. Sigh. And where did this summer go? Cannot believe it's the end of summer.

And sweater is on, and sun tries to come out at times. Hoping to see no rain for my lunchtime walk. Has to be warmer than inside. We play the random thunderstorm game again today, with increased chances later in the afternoon, and evening. Good thing is the temps are rising to 90's by the weekend. See, so ready for FLA weather.

Ah, flights booked for January, flying into TPA this time. Decided no park time to add, and will enjoy the beach for a night instead. Then coming come the same day cruise docks. Have to get back that day, as while older one does not go back to school the next day, little one does. Here's hoping no weather issues.

Stay the course, don’t look at ur IRA account todayo_O

My fav Addams family member

C913C954-C763-4D24-823C-B19F69F73E98.jpeg

I am exhausted both physically and emotionally. Will probably fall asleep soon.

Lynne - I love the big cat pic even if it is upside down.

Lynne has to start standing on her head to take pics :)

The adjustment is difficult. Remember congratulating myself that I didn’t start boo-hoo’ing till in the car heading home after dropping off at the dorm the first time. The first whole semester was really rough. Important to put on a brave face, kids likely have even a more difficult time after initial excitement wears off and need all the support they can get. It gets better

That’s encouraging to read. Made a BB8 building reservation & oga for our first day in parks yesterday (14 day window). So many times open for both I was shocked. Meanwhile, good luck trying to score one for WDW
Ah, flights booked for January, flying into TPA this time. Decided no park time to add, and will enjoy the beach for a night instead. Then coming come the same day cruise docks. Have to get back that day, as while older one does not go back to school the next day, little one does. Here's hoping no weather issues.

I forgot to look just for giggles, won’t need more flights at least until april. How were # of flights/times/prices for you?

Last edited:
Keisha, I can live with the prices I paid, but hope I get lower ones before going. The amount of direct flights, and their times, are really bugging me. Our return flight has to be later than I really wanted, as I refuse to do even one stop, when direct is 2 and 1/2 hours. But a 9:47am flight back, when the cruise docks, I'm just not risking that, even if the airport is not far from the port in Tampa. Was thinking of flying in to Orlando, and driving back and forth, but with little one's back to school time, it just didn't make sense, and interestingly, a bit higher for MCO. Just means, we'll be looking for a Disney cruise discount for May, little one really wants a repositioning and/or Canal one.

Lunchtime walk was almost hot, and certainly rocked those sunglasses.

Last few minutes at work, got my stuff done early.
Happy Bday to the son of Robo!!

I remember the college drop off first time-I was OK (my son was more the mess later), but it was just weird not having her around everyday. Get so used to family of 5 and then boom! down to 4. Will be really weird when middle is gone next fall...
Yay to Lynne getting flights! I need to start seriously looking at ones to New York to make the hop across the pond next May.

REady for a few days off! Packed most stuff last night, just need to zip up toiletry bag and throw in suitcase. DD got the TSA precheck with me - hope the same for coming home as Orlando security is not the most fun!
Sue DL and GE looks really neat! Looks like beautiful weather too!

Hello to rest of SANS family!

Lynne.....I do remember you saying now it was Friday you left.....I’m losing track of who goes when! Yes, last minute packer is me.......couldn’t be any other way...haven’t even begun to think of what we’ll be taking.......we had a really cool night last night, today was cool, then hot, then boiling hot, and now it’s getting chilly around 7pm....dark around 8.20! Yes, where has summer gone......

Robo....belated birthday wishes for your son too!! I’m sure it was a lovely day for him.......and yes, can’t beat a bit of Lurch!

We did take Elise for a ramble up into the woods behind us today.....she is adorable and we love having her anytime......her face was covered in purple as she stuffed loads of brambles into her little mouth.......I told her mother when we took her home I’m not responsible if her tummy is upset tonight......lol.....glad she wasn’t staying overnight here!!! We did have a little spray bottle of water to give them a wash before she ate any.....but she wasn’t interested.......she’s a hardy little thing! Hope you’re having a great day.......

Keisha......uncle fester is a classic.......when I was doing the engineering degree I had a lecturer looked just liked him......strangely he also looked like Doc Brown too!! Dull as dishwater....... ::yes::

MonyK.....if I miss you.....have a wonderful trip!!

So, yes, took our little “shared” with my best friend granddaughter Elise up into the woods and hedgerows around us today......she was so excited for her nature ramble. Picked loads of brambles and she saw squirrels and one deer.....although the deer scared her a little. Had a picnic up there too.

Took her home mid afternoon and prayed she isn’t on the toilet all night the amount of fruit she ate......:duck:

Tonight we are watching Chernobyl......everyone says it’s a fabulous show.

Cooling down now after some hot sunny weather today and some cold dull weather too.....that is the U.K. for you!

Glass of wine calls.........

Tonight we are watching Chernobyl......everyone says it’s a fabulous show.
It lagged a bit 2nd or 3rd episode, but I really enjoyed it. Relevant with most incident eek

Lynne we have few options to
TPA period. yes, increased pricing is bad enough, inconvenient departures & the abbreviated NS flight offerings are difficult to swallow. Swa is over extended with new Hawaii flights & lingering air max issues. Just hope they are done cancelling flights.

:wave2: doing a quick stop it!

Wow...Lynne and Monk...your trips as soooo close. Have a fantastic time. Sounds like it will be busy until you both leave. The joys of travelling and getting ready to go

Schumi...what a great outing for the friends grand daughter. Picking berries is always fun. Just trying not to eat more than you pick is the trick ;) I may or may not be guilty of that :rolleyes1

Charade...it is always bittersweet when they do that first move out. It's sooo exciting for them, to gain that independence, but we are left with the quiet and memories. Sending you a few tight hugs.

Sue...I'm so glad you got to do the Galaxies Edge!!!! Sounds like a great start to your holiday. I'm green with envy. I sure could use a nice get away like that.

Just finishing up work here, then we are off to the dd's for an extra nice long weekend to visit her. It's a long drive ( around 7 hrs ) so my e-reader is charged and ready to go. I'm hoping that rain stops soon. I hate driving long distances like that in the rain. I keep hoping that the weather forecast changes again, and the heat gets turned back on. All I can do is pack a little of each clothing and hope for the best.

Have a great day everyone!!!

It lagged a bit 2nd or 3rd episode, but I really enjoyed it. Relevant with most incident eek

Oh my goodness!! We watched 3 episodes. Although we all lived through it at the time, watching the sheer arrogance and incompetence of those in charge makes your blood boil again!! It’s a hard show to watch but truly compelling viewing. Will watch final two episodes tomorrow night.

I grew up quite close to a nuclear power plant, looked odd built within such a beautiful area......and remember the airport near us thinking the plant had a leak, as radiation levels were raised. Scary times.

Pumpkin......have a wonderful weekend.......sounds a lovely trip to see your daughter....yes, we did eat a few brambles too.....well, I think you have to! Isn’t it the law.......

Watching something entertaining and a mind numbingly brain free tv show till bedtime.......there’s enough to choose from!

Friday tomorrow.........

mac are we moving homes soon........?? Think this is the longest we have run a thread.......looking back I’m seeing folks I had no idea had posted here.......wonder where some of them are........

Enjoy rest of your Friday........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!