Something About Nothing ... #12

That it is, Mac.

Still warm out, so steak on the grill. Wanted to nuke mashed taters, but my pasta loving little one asked for pasta. So pasta it was, and I nuked some baby carrots until perfectly soft. Add some freshly shaved parm cheese, and an easy Sunday meal is here. Could not wait for DH to do the steak, so I did. Perfectly medium done.

Think older one watching the Dead, but me? Probably not. Surfing on the iPad is my plan.

As little one says, ugh, back to work tomorrow. Indeed.

Enough. Uncle. I give.

Other than the conference I was at on Monday, this past week is a blur. I woke up Tuesday morning with a horrible headache and this nagging nauseous feeling that wouldn't go away. I felt bad all day but just thought I was overly tired. I had a low grade fever which isn't uncommon for me if I'm overly tired.

Tony was out of town so it was just Corey and I here for the week. I don't have any memory of this but according to Corey I woke him up at some strange hour Wednesday morning and asked him to drive me to work because I had a fever. :confused3 The story goes that he got the digital thermometer (smart kid) to find out what was going on with his weirdo mom. With a temp of 103 he gave me Tylenol and got me settled on the couch until urgent care opened. Who in the heck gets the flu in July??? Yeah, me....that's who.

Life has been way too much of a circus lately and I'm ready for normal.

So, on with life. The big red blob of heat warning that most of the country has lived in for the past several days.....humidity soup here! Mercifully, the cold front moves in tonight and our high for the next few days will be in the 70's.....bliss!!

Looking forward to Wednesday! My sister-in-law and I have a shopping day planned....we do this a few times a year and we have a great time together!

On the bright side, I did drop 3lbs with being sick! LOL! With a goal of having dropped 15lbs by Oct. 19, I'll take it!

Hope your Monday starts out great!

Pooh
You have a great son!
Wonderful he took good care of you

Now you are getting back to a normal pace
Woot in the weight loss!
You’ll easily hit your target goal in October

Robo….cute picture of the deer.....it`s lovely having nature around us.....although glad we don't have such a thing as skunks around us!!!

Yes, the pass from the ISS was extra special as they were docking with some new crew members as they passed above us.....we could see the extra shape clearly....amazing!!!

mac....hope you enjoyed your tv show and pizza is always good!!!

charade, hope the pics weren't damaged.

Lynne easy dinners are the best.....ipad surfing was my evening too.....

Pooh...glad you`re feeling better and have some nice things to look forward too!!! Your son is adorable......looking after you.....yes, Kyle had flu last week.....yep, we said the same thing....it`s July. First time he`s taken any time off work...…his boss knew he must be bad to take time off though. Back today...….enjoy your week....and congrats on the weight loss......doesn't matter how it comes off...…

Monday again...…...which means it`s 6 weeks today till we travel up to Manchester for our overnight stay at the Radisson......

Weather is dark, grey and gloomy this morning......rained all night and we`re supposed to be getting a heatwave this week!!! Not sure of any plans today yet......if weather stays this miserable doubt we`ll go far.....

Have a great Monday.......

OH my, since coming in at 5:30 today, the office is at 90 degrees. And oh joy, here comes the sun. Hello Monday. Good to meet ya.

Pooh, glad you are feeling better. And yep, life can be a blur. Like little one is going off to college in another month. Time flies at times.

Okay, need more ice for my tea. Was complaining with my coworkers, so my tea's ice cubes melted. Um, need to water it down some more.

Later, hopefully from a cooler place soon.

That is warm Lynne!!!

We have amazing heat today......but with a breeze that’ll blow you away.....trees are almost doubled over! Tomorrow is to be glorious and not as windy....may have a day in the garden then.......

Chicken with spicy balsamic and honey mustard tonight.......little baby potatoes and carrots all in the same oven tray.......ideal.

Kyle isn’t due in till 6.30 tonight.....hope he’s been alright today, he was still pale as chalk this morning when he left for work.

Window cleaner just came in the gates.......wonder if he ever does insides too.......lol.......hate doing windows and we have so many!!

Then a cup of tea I think.........

The niceness of telework. Here, I can control the inside temp.

Well, may not be a full sun day here. Sunny still, but as my phone says, stormy weather where you are located. Yeah, that larger chance of thunderstorms to greet late afternoon into dinner time.

Maybe we all go over to Schumi’s place. Dinner sounds good.

And how neat what you saw in the sky the other night, Schumi.

Schumi, how very cool to have seen the ISS....and so distinctly! I'm so sorry that Kyle was sick as well. It's horrible no matter what time of year, but for some reason it always feels so much worse in the heat of the summer. I hope he's okay at work today.

Lynne, my background is wireless telecomm and I do miss telecommuting. It sounds mad, but at times I do miss the pace of it all....the plus side was that I only had one office mate to contend with....me! The downside was that when things didn't work like they were supposed to, I had to be my own tech support. :badpc:

Charade...I keep meaning to ask you if you've ever visited The Cheese Shop in Waynesboro. It's one of our usual stops when we travel back and forth.

We thank our lucky stars that Corey hasn't given us any teenage trauma or drama. He's a pleasure to be with.....until that one time last week when he suggested to Tony they just fumigate me. LOL!

Struggling to get my appetite back. Think I'm going to do spaghetti and turkey meatballs tonight....don't have it in me to make my roasted tomato marinara so it'll be Rao's marinara to the rescue. Rao's is my go to jarred sauce.....sooo good! I'll throw together a salad and it'll be a nice dinner.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday! It's raining here today (actually under flash flood warnings until 2AM) and tomorrow but much much lower temps and humidity than we've had for the past couple fo weeks. Once the rain moves out we should have some very nice weather here.

123 days!

Monday, monday...

Determined to keep that positive feeling i woke with today...even after a flat-bed semi truck blew past me in a long, narrow underpass. Couldn’t believe the amount of water that hit my car. I couldn’t see the road for several minutes :sad:. About as close to panic attack as i’m Going to get.
Issue seems to have sorted itself!!! I have a full screen again.....

I posted on the RP thread but seems Orchids Lounge area has been walled up now, morning breakfast service has been moved downstairs to Jake`s American Bar.

I had been told Orchids Sushi was going to be in the private dining area to the side of Islands Dining Room......that`s where they relocated the Club lounge when it was being refurbed.....not sure if that's where they are I forgot to ask......oops......I was too busy talking about other things...

But, hopefully the new grab and go will be underway soon......for those that don't know it`s going to be where the concierge desk and ticket desk used to be just beyond the check in desks. It`s a good sized space.
Gremlins afoot here. Had issues with this post formatting

I recommend seeing a movie at the EL Capitan if you can. We saw Aladdin there and it was quite an experience.
We can pick our own itinerary, that wasn’t on our radar but will check it out, thanks
No, BD blowout is 8/3. I have a few things to order this week. Slowly getting check list done. I received the delivery of the photo backdrop canvas stand yesterday. I went in my office and locked the door to see if I could put it together quickly.....I finally figured it out....it was a bit comical as I’am not the most mechanically graceful person....LOL.
What an interesting idea, never thought of that backdrop for a party themeing
You have a honest way with words.....I love it......:rotfl2:
Haha my mom would cringe if she saw it
I have been feeding the deer corn again. Had to stop for couple of weeks as a family of skunks were coming to feed also.
Other than road kill, have never seen a skunk in the wild - yea!
Pizza night and Fear the Dead for me

Nice way to end a Sunday
Rained so hard the first viewing cut out after 20 min.

2nd taped ditto

Haven’t check the 3rd version on the DRV. Fingers crossed i don’t have to wait until next sunday or mess with the AMC site to watch on ipad.
yes, Kyle had flu last week.....yep, we said the same thing....it`s July. First time he`s taken any time off work...…his boss knew he must be bad to take time off though.
Always seems worse when it hits unexpected-like in the summer
Chicken with spicy balsamic and honey mustard tonight.......little baby potatoes and carrots all in the same oven tray.......ideal.
That does sound good and i’m Not real big on mustard.

Made a sourdough starter last week. Mostly, as an activity to keep the GD occupied but was surprised she had no idea of the chemistry involved in making bread. Glad i took a peek at it today, all the hot weather accerated it blooming! Think i caught it in time. Fed the starter & hoping the loaf comes out ok in breadmaker. Still too hot here to fire up the oven.

Sweet & sour shrimp stir fry on the menu here. Going to use some of the hot sauce I picked up in maui :) to make a different sauce for the dish than my usual go-to.

Rao's is my go to jarred sauce..
Never heard of that brand. Will have to look for it. I’m very fussy re my ‘gravy’ i.e. Marinara. Make it in huge batches & freeze portions. Hope your bug passes quickly

Last edited:
Keisha that sucks you lost tv reception with the rain during the tv show

We had dish and weather of a few drops of rain and the signal would drop

Left after contract was up and signed with Spectrum
They never drop

Janet, I couldn’t multi quote the other day........seems to be a few little things with the boards. I saw some post about the same issue I had with half the screen being covered the other day.......seems better now.

Oh that is scary! Driving in rain is bad enough without that happening....

Mustard isn’t my favourite thing, but it just kinda balances the sweetness a little......and Kyle doesn’t like mustard and doesn’t know it’s in there.......lol........ssshhhhh!!! Don’t tell.......so funny with the bread.....I can imagine!!!

mac....we much prefer cable to having the dish too........yep, any heavy rain and picture disappeared......now we just have to worry about companies cutting through the cables by mistake........

It is boiling here!! Can you believe they’ve issued a weather warning for us to not go out if you don’t have to!! It’s not that hot!!! Tomorrow has to be even nicer.........so......as wind will have dropped we’re planning a day in the garden........Kyle has ordered a new telescope (huge) and it’s being delivered tomorrow so will be a nice day to wait in. Will get a text with an hour time frame in the early am. Glad to see he came home from work feeling better.....

Dinner was lovely......although did regret having the oven on! The Aga is switched off right now so main oven is in use.

Will be getting the gas grill out tomorrow night though.......

We are having a cooler spell today
Temps at 86/87 where I live
And humidity is not bad at all

Had a 5 minute rainstorm early afternoon and lawn service came 45 minutes after it stopped
Yard always looks so nice after it is mowed
until 6 days later but lawn service is back at that time

Temps going back into the 90’s later this week
Only time I notice the weather is when I’m outside

Haven’t seen Tink around last week
Knew she had vacation and was going to see the braves play in Atlanta last week

I looked for her in the stands when watching those games

Like a needle in a haystack....

Homies
Have a great day/ week!

Hi everyone,:wave:It was hot here this weekend. Our temps hit 103 yesterday. I love the heat but that was just a little to hot to be outside. We stayed inside most of the weekend. We rented Cold Pursuit and Into the Spider-Verse. We did do some driving but had the A/C on. It is a bit cooler today so happy about that.

I tried to do some reading and catch up but I am having trouble with my eyes again with eczema. I am watching my diet and bumping up my supplements again. I have had other areas affected through the years and know it is a sign my body wants me to eat healthier. I am working on that and hope to be better soon. I have an overnight trip to NJ in two weeks and hopefully, I will feel better. It is to 6 flags so outside in the heat doesn't go well with this.

I did gluten-free pasta and veggie dinners this weekend. Tonight will be grilled chicken, rice and salad. I will have Brian drive me to the store when he comes home.

Liv registered for classes today and was happy to be moving along with it. She got quite a few classes transferred in so she will be considered a sophomore. She was very happy about that.

I am off I hope everyone who wasn't feeling good is better. I hope everyone is staying cool or getting some drier weather. Have a great day!!!

:wave2: Stopping in for a quick " Hi "

Seems like everyone had a great weekend! They always fly by way tooooo fast. Of course I didn't sleep in when I would have been able to sneak an extra hour or so. But then this morning, I could hardly get moving out of bed to get ready for work. Just figures

Lynne...steak and pasta!!!! Yum!!! I love those easy and delicious meals. I hope you don't have much more rain. But I'm sure with the heat...that's nearly impossible. I know when we heat up here, we tend to get those early evening storms roll through. Fingers crossed for you. You mentioned your other half is in the military, and not always around to help out. I totally understand about having to learn to do many things we thought we would never do. I have had to learn to do many of those other life skills too. I can do many many things that most other woman can't do...but vehicles...nope. I can't do them. I'm lucky we know friends who will come by and help me if I need help with something if the hubby is out of town for work. It's amazing what we can learn to do, when we have to. I know I have a huge respect for the whole family when it comes to military families. It's not just the military person that gives...it's the whole family. Thank you for that!!!!

Pooh - I hope you start to feel better. It is definitely not fun when we are sick. I got strep throat once in the summer. It was horrible and I was sick with it for a long time. It took forever for me to feel better

Mac- that Sounded like the best way to end a weekend. The tv remote, your favorite program and maybe some time spend with a kiddo. I love evenings like those.

Schumi - That sounds like a great dinner...what time will you be serving that!!!!! lol. I hope you enjoy your weather while it's there. We need to enjoy those beautiful summer days when they are here. Before we know it, the cold weather is moving in and we were wishing for warmer weather again.

I had a busy weekend. I went into work - and spent the whole shift moving around heavy furniture into different displays. It's fun...but exhausting some days. Went to the street performers and the rib fest. The ribs were " Ok " We went with the sister in law and her family. We got sampler boxes from all the different vendors, and tried them all. Some were good...others were NOT. But it was a fun time for us. The weather was fantastic for it...so that really just made the whole day great!. Yesterday, did the grocery shopping, cleaned the house, made an easy supper of burgers and a plate of veggies and dip and left over potato salad. I had hoped to get into my project room last night, but I was just too lazy.

I'm hoping to get into my project room this week. Tonight is the the second job....maybe tomorrow night. I need to get some of upcycled pieces onto Facebook Marketplace and out of my room to make room for the next project I was to tackle.

Hope everyone has a great evening!!!

Keisha that sucks you lost tv reception with the rain during the tv show

We had dish and weather of a few drops of rain and the signal would drop

Left after contract was up and signed with Spectrum
They never drop
Never heard of them until you mentioned a while back, only comcast here along with Dish (doesn’t work well in my area) or DTV (which i have).
Mustard isn’t my favourite thing, but it just kinda balances the sweetness a little......and Kyle doesn’t like mustard and doesn’t know it’s in there.......lol........ssshhhhh!!! Don’t tell.......so funny with the bread.....I can imagine!!!
Yes, i do tend to squirt it into pasta salads & my tuna salad recipes.
Haven’t seen Tink around last week
Knew she had vacation and was going to see the braves play in Atlanta last week
Was thinking the same thing, yoo-hoo tink!
I tried to do some reading and catch up but I am having trouble with my eyes again with eczema. I am watching my diet and bumping up my supplements again. I have had other areas affected through the years and know it is a sign my body wants me to eat healthier.

Wait, “in” your eyes!? That sounds horrendously painful eek

Ooh that was some bright lightning, but not hearing thunder. Nice amount of rain failing. Dropped the temp back into low 80’s. And rain to continue overnight and not get outta here until mid day tomorrow.

Bobbie, hope you are feeling better soon. Ick to have it around your eyes.

You sound busy, Pumpkin. Ah, ribs can be good and not so good.

Keisha it is neat to raise bread. Fun with GD must keep ya in your toes. And yep, we watched a movie in that theater then had ice cream sundaes at the Disney Soda Shoppe next to the theater, when we visited Hollywood and USH, before spending time with the CA mouse.

Made burgers for dinner, but in my frying pan, as too wet out to use grill. Then baked beans and tomatoes. Week day meals tend to be the most easy. I am tired after being awake so early. And the kids are starving when they come home.

Lynne, do you have a full work week this week ?
If you have saved up vacation days you could make the rest of the summer a 3 day weekend.

Keisha, we have better luck with cable tv as one drop of rain in my area and the satellite dish went out
Many in our neighborhood have the satellite on top of their roof but its disconnected as they switched to cable also.

When we cancelled at the end of our contract, was told to bring the dish to their office.
Told them they would have to do that as we don't have a ladder tall enough to reach the roof.
Was told, they might come out in the future to get it.........been 8 months and no one has shown up for it.

pumpkin, somehow I don't get a thrill like you did moving heavy furniture.
You must be fit and in shape....!

Bobbie, your daughter is in great shape to start her college program. Having class credit accepted to the college is a bonus for everyone!
I have one son that has eczema and some seasons it is tough on his body.
He does okay for most of the year as he is in a cooler climate up north.
It helps stop the flare ups then.
Hope your eye gets better soon!

For all the homies I have missed here, not ignoring youse but I'm still thinking of you

Good evening. Today has not been a very good Monday for me. This afternoon my lunch and I had a rather serious disagreement. We are still not on speaking terms.

In happier news, today I spoke to the client who has the emotional support dog. Hee property manager has had an attack of human decency and is letting her keep the dog.

I remember many years ago a Nursing Professor I had said “ Every woman should treat herself to a pedicure. Pamper your feet”. She was right.i have been having them for years and I so enjoy them. Granddaughter loves them too.
I have never had a pedicure. I’m afraid to get one because I am very ticklish on my feet.

My husband has a 92 inch TV in his cinema upstairs. The remote up there is his. I have a 65 inch TV in the family room downstairs and the remote to that one is mostly mine.
92?! We have a 60 or 65 inch and it seems huge to me.

Who in the heck gets the flu in July??? Yeah, me....that's who.
Hope you are feeling better soon. Great that your son is taking good care of you.

charade, hope the pics weren't damaged.
They were bent some, but probably not bad enough to make a fuss about. I once had the post offfice leave a package of photos outside on a day it rained. I insisted they pay to replace those.

OH my, since coming in at 5:30 today, the office is at 90 degrees. And oh joy, here comes the sun. Hello Monday. Good to meet ya.
Way too hot to be working. It was 73 in my office today and it felt too warm.

Charade...I keep meaning to ask you if you've ever visited The Cheese Shop in Waynesboro. It's one of our usual stops when we travel back and forth.
I have never been to Waynesboro. I might be visiting close to you around Christmas time. I would like to visit the natural tunnel and I heard that it is really nice at Christmas.

Glad to see he came home from work feeling better.....
Glad to hear he is feeling better.

I tried to do some reading and catch up but I am having trouble with my eyes again with eczema.
I hope you are able to get that under control quickly. I have been dealing with eczema on my hands almost all of my life. I can’t imagine having it near my eyes.

I had a busy weekend. I went into work - and spent the whole shift moving around heavy furniture into different displays. It's fun...but exhausting some days.
You and I have different ideas of what fun is.

We had another nice thunderstorm today. More trees down, power outages, and roads closed. Tomorrow we are supposed to have more rain, but temps in the 70s.

I’m starting to feel slightly better.Perhaps a good night’s sleep will help.

I have never been to Waynesboro. I might be visiting close to you around Christmas time. I would like to visit the natural tunnel and I heard that it is really nice at Christmas.

Natural Tunnel is beautiful at Christmas! They light the tunnel and it's just stunning. You'll have to let me know if you make it down and we can have an off property Dis meet!

The Cheese Shop is a great little shop right off the first exit on 64E after the 81/64 junction. I was thinking you were in that general area of the state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!