Something About Nothing ... #12

Wide awake club here mac........lol.......

Hope you get to bed and sleep well with no cats for company! Almost breakfast here........you’ll smell the bacon sizzle soon.........

Schumi, my parental units loved watching Frank Sinatra on tv.
I found it boring but they controlled the tv set so it was that or nothing for the evening.to watch

was not a fan of Frank

Now if I am stil up at 3 and can catch a boat or plane to your house, tell me know if there will be any bacon left when I get there.

I do realize I will be on washing dishes duty if I show up late.....

I found it boring but they controlled the tv set so it was that or nothing for the evening.to watch

was not a fan of Frank

Gosh remember those days long ago when there was only one or two if you were lucky TV sets at home?

My dad was a cowboy and war movie fan.......they were always on......Sundays were dreadful......if it wasn’t one of those movies it was football......still hate all of those today!

Oh there’ll be plenty of bacon left for you, we always make too much.....::yes::........nope, no dishwashing for you.....dishwasher will do that!!

I’m starving now.......and it’s only 6.30.....too early to start eating yet! No one else is up and doubt I’ll see them till later.......although Kyle is usually still up early........tea will tide me over.......I hope........:)

is there any bacon going to be left if I am late for breakfast ?

I’m getting a late start....

:thumbsup2

I just checked when getting the milk for tea, how much bacon Tom defrosted last night.......loads! Think I’ll need to incorporate the extra into dinner somehow! That man loves his bacon!

I’ve just eaten a dry brioche bread roll......I couldn’t wait any longer for some food......they’re sweet enough I guess.

So......plenty for the whole San thread! Will set a place......::yes::

Also discovered I do need to go shop this morning........not much, but enough I need to go out. Unless I make us bacon cheeseburgers tonight......minus the cheese for me......I have brioche buns and everything I need for that, will make some onion free coleslaw up too......yep......that’s dinner sorted and no shopping required!

My kind of Sunday........

Do plan to do a bit of shopping tomorrow......shops are less busy during the week....although schools are just breaking up here for the summer so more kids around.......but we head out early enough to miss busier times.

I need sandals.

Yeah, the Rat Pack and Sinatra are not my favorite singing, but I did enjoy enough taking my mom to a limited time, showing in the movie theater, of the Singing in the Rain movie. When I was growing up, most of what I heard was the big band tunes. Bennie Goodman and clarinets being called licorice sticks. I am not a fan of those either, but when I hear that kind of music, I can listen for awhile. Neither type of music is usually heard on any of my family’s listening devices. I let the kids grow up on Rock music, though little one has some Pop likes too, that only some of that I can tolerate on the car radio.

Sun has again been streaming into my bedroom window. It is a carbon copy of yesterday. 80 or so was the low overnight temp. Flirting with 100 degrees high again, this Sunday.

Kids want to check out that largest mall, as there is a Lego store in there, that older one wants to see if a certain LEGO kit is in stock. Little one is fine with that, as she thinks the better stock of some of the more local malls have. I kinda think that too, though sometimes the perfect thing is at our mall just up the road.

Oh, and little one got her laptop last night, happy kid. Did not like any of the cover choices. So ordered one, that should be here in a few days.

So with all that shopping talk, hope Schumi finds the sandals she is looking for. And lots of 🥓. Yum!

Steak and eggs for our breakfast. We did have milkshakes last night for dinner, but since older one thought those were not a good dinner, took out the air fryer and made some chicken nuggets and fries. I have to say, I am one of those that just has to eat a fry with ice cream. Thus easy meal. Little one came home from the laptop place with a migraine. Older one suggested she take what he calls the knock out pills. She did, I think, and I was in bed by 11, and did not hear little one, but did hear older one playing with his online friends. Usually that time of night, he is the only one with the remote. If DH is watching, he keeps the remote and is the worse channel surfer, ending on stuff I leave the room when it is on. It is that bad, and I retreat on my iPad.

Shower time, as I hear older one trying to stir, and little one came into my bedroom and said she feels better. So we are all up. DH works overnight on Saturday night, as he helps with the USO, then he visits his mom both ways, as she is on the way. He will be home around noon, and usually can be found snoozing in our bed or on the couch by mid afternoon.

Have that super nice Sunday homies. Wake up, the sun is out. And Sue, no AC? That would be not so good today. The mall was quite crowded last night. Told little one, free AC can be a good reason. The back to school sales are starting even though the colleges and local schools do not go back until late August. Eh, by then, more Christmas stuff starts showing up in the stores. Seems Fall stuff competes with holiday stuff by mid Fall.

Later homies. Stay cool, most of us.

Last edited:

I never made it for English bacon so ended up with bacon in my fridge

But it was good

Lynne, you had a busy day yesterday
Glad your little one’s migraine left
They are miserable!
Hope you survive your heat wave

Schumi I can remember my dad hogging the tv watching football on Sunday
So boring when I was a kid

Have a great day homies!

Good evening. I survived the theater tonight. I was mistaken. It was not a Rat Pack tribute, it was just a Frank Sinatra tribute. The singers were very talented, but I am just not a Sinatra fan.

I think I have been pretty fortunate with B. So far the teen years have not been bad. We’ve had our moments, but noting too serious.

Ah the remote. My biggest pet peeve is when I am watching something and dh picks up the remote and starts changing channels. Oh, were you watching that? It was too funny - when dh went to Vegas for a week back in April, I told B that we can watch anything we want that week. We couldn’t find anything on worth watching.

Speaking of TV, dh is watching some sort of restaurant rescue show right now. I think I should just go to bed.
Lol, I think the remote scene plays out in many houses! Glad you survived the show. I like some Sinatra but not a whole show of only Sinatra!
Lynne.....pool time sounds glorious........enjoy it while you can! Yes, cooking while it’s hot is never a good idea......

Sue, dinner sounds good........we enjoyed our steaks tonight......they are one of the local pubs that do cook steak correctly......I don’t watch as much tv as Tom so I’ve never wanted to have it.......but it does seem to be a man thing!

I’m not a big Sinatra fan, but do like a couple of his better known songs. My cousins husband runs and plays in a jazz band and they do Sinatra tribute nights......haven’t seen them, we’ve only caught him play saxophone with another band.....they are good!

We were so lucky with DS. Never had any issues with him at all rebelling or being obnoxious........one family member kept telling me every time he got a year older since he was about 5.....this is the year he’ll rebel........lol.....still waiting. He says he’s too sensible to rebel.........

Weather looks good today........yesterday we had some torrential downpours in the afternoon.......but cleared beautifully last night.

I’m up far too early, especially as we didn’t get to bed till after 1am.......I’m a good sleeper usually, and although I like to get up early......not this early.

Time for a cup of tea...........
I was up way to early, it’s 6:45 here and I’ve been up for an hour! Made myself a cup of coffee and now have on my fav show, Sunday Morning. It’s an upbeat news/human interest show. One of the few shows both of us enjoy!
crostorfor hope things have smoothed over and you will reconsider your vacation is back on.
you can have a delightful time with any of us that are going when you are.

Some of us are going around the same time as few more are, some will be a hit or miss of being there when most of us will be.
and, maybe your daugther issue has been solved

well kids.....so quiet in my house now that it is after 1:00.
Mr mac is sawing logs and the cats are hiding some place in the house and sleeping.

going to read a few more threads then go to bed.
I dearly hope when I go into my bedroom i won't find cats in my bed......
that's not gonna work tonight.........

Fear the Dead on sunday night.
Spent pulling up and reading all the spoilers for it.
Its the only way i like to watch the show as i need to know in advance if anyone dies or leaves that group.

sweet dreams to all
Yes! Can’t wait for Dead tonight. What happened to Talking Dead? Then Handmaids Tale! I don’t watch the spoilers but I’m worried about Alicia!
Gosh remember those days long ago when there was only one or two if you were lucky TV sets at home?

My dad was a cowboy and war movie fan.......they were always on......Sundays were dreadful......if it wasn’t one of those movies it was football......still hate all of those today!

Oh there’ll be plenty of bacon left for you, we always make too much.....::yes::........nope, no dishwashing for you.....dishwasher will do that!!

I’m starving now.......and it’s only 6.30.....too early to start eating yet! No one else is up and doubt I’ll see them till later.......although Kyle is usually still up early........tea will tide me over.......I hope........:)
Yes I do remember only 1 or 2 TVs! When we first got married we only had 1 tv. How did we ever manage :confused3
Bacon for me too!
Yeah, the Rat Pack and Sinatra are not my favorite singing, but I did enjoy enough taking my mom to a limited time, showing in the movie theater, of the Singing in the Rain movie. When I was growing up, most of what I heard was the big band tunes. Bennie Goodman and clarinets being called licorice sticks. I am not a fan of those either, but when I hear that kind of music, I can listen for awhile. Neither type of music is usually heard on any of my family’s listening devices. I let the kids grow up on Rock music, though little one has some Pop likes too, that only some of that I can tolerate on the car radio.

Sun has again been streaming into my bedroom window. It is a carbon copy of yesterday. 80 or so was the low overnight temp. Flirting with 100 degrees high again, this Sunday.

Kids want to check out that largest mall, as there is a Lego store in there, that older one wants to see if a certain LEGO kit is in stock. Little one is fine with that, as she thinks the better stock of some of the more local malls have. I kinda think that too, though sometimes the perfect thing is at our mall just up the road.

Oh, and little one got her laptop last night, happy kid. Did not like any of the cover choices. So ordered one, that should be here in a few days.

So with all that shopping talk, hope Schumi finds the sandals she is looking for. And lots of 🥓. Yum!

Steak and eggs for our breakfast. We did have milkshakes last night for dinner, but since older one thought those were not a good dinner, took out the air fryer and made some chicken nuggets and fries. I have to say, I am one of those that just has to eat a fry with ice cream. Thus easy meal. Little one came home from the laptop place with a migraine. Older one suggested she take what he calls the knock out pills. She did, I think, and I was in bed by 11, and did not hear little one, but did hear older one playing with his online friends. Usually that time of night, he is the only one with the remote. If DH is watching, he keeps the remote and is the worse channel surfer, ending on stuff I leave the room when it is on. It is that bad, and I retreat on my iPad.

Shower time, as I hear older one trying to stir, and little one came into my bedroom and said she feels better. So we are all up. DH works overnight on Saturday night, as he helps with the USO, then he visits his mom both ways, as she is on the way. He will be home around noon, and usually can be found snoozing in our bed or on the couch by mid afternoon.

Have that super nice Sunday homies. Wake up, the sun is out. And Sue, no AC? That would be not so good today. The mall was quite crowded last night. Told little one, free AC can be a good reason. The back to school sales are starting even though the colleges and local schools do not go back until late August. Eh, by then, more Christmas stuff starts showing up in the stores. Seems Fall stuff competes with holiday stuff by mid Fall.

Later homies. Stay cool, most of us.
The mall is a good place to go in those temps! How nice your Mr helps out the USO.
No, we don’t have central air! It was never a thing here. We don’t get the hot humid summers like the east coast. Until 5 yrs ago! We still don’t get the humidity but temps have been rising. So until recently no one had AC.
Around 3 yrs ago we got a portable AC we have in the living room. But haven’t used it yet this season. We’re having a cooler than usual summer so far. Today will be high 70s or 80 depending on area.

Church this morning, then oldest and I will go to the mall to look for birthday present for other daughters boyfriend. At the end of the month we’ll have a joint family birthday dinner for oldest daughter, and younger daughters boyfriend.
No ideas for dinner tonight!
Mr is glued to tv today watching the British Open.

Last edited:

Singin’ in the Rain is my favorite movie of all time. I love Gene Kelly. When we were in Hollywood we took a drive out to Beverly Hills just to find the intersection of Sunset and Camden because that’s where Debbie Reynolds dropped Gene Kelly off at the beginning of the movie.

I played some Glenn Miller once for B. She liked it, but not enough to add it to her music collection.

Yes I do remember only 1 or 2 TVs! When we first got married we only had 1 tv. How did we ever manage
We still only have one TV. Well, technically we have 2, but the second one isn’t connected to cable. It really just sits around collecting dust.

Didn’t sleep well last night, so I am skipping church today. I guess I should get up and get showered and dressed so I will be ready for lunch. It’s starting to cool down a bit. High of only 96 today.

crostorfor hope things have smoothed over and you will reconsider your vacation is back on.
you can have a delightful time with any of us that are going when you are.

Some of us are going around the same time as few more are, some will be a hit or miss of being there when most of us will be.
and, maybe your daugther issue has been solved

well kids.....so quiet in my house now that it is after 1:00.
Mr mac is sawing logs and the cats are hiding some place in the house and sleeping.

going to read a few more threads then go to bed.
I dearly hope when I go into my bedroom i won't find cats in my bed......
that's not gonna work tonight.........

Its the only way i like to watch the show as i need to know in advance if anyone dies or leaves that group.

sweet dreams to all

Things are smoother than they were a week or two ago. She's grounded to the house for the rest of the month, she can only leave if one of us is with her, and then for the month of August she can only leave the house for a few hours a day, and even then she isn't allowed to drive anywhere on her own, unless she gets a job or needs to do something for school. She isn't allowed full driving privileges back until school starts in September, and even then, we have a tracking device on the car.

Yeah, she screwed up THAT bad.

That said, I'm moving the trip back on the table, depending on whether or not she gets the job she applied for. We'll know more next week. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, and for listening to me whine, LOL. Teenagers really can be as bad as I was warned they can be, I guess.

It’s been a long time since i’ve Been eagerly waiting for rain to roll thru!

We enjoy new technology, not going to admit how many tvs we have but all have been upgraded to 4K with the others being passed onto family. Especially fond of the LR unit that is curved, no blur from ambient light.

Worked a bit on upcoming CA trip. Decided it would be more cost/time effective to do a tour of LA/Hollywood in conjunction with getting picked up at LAX. Went with a private tour that let me personalize the stops. Must do on GD’s list was dining at the Good burger pop up. Figure we then will miss the evening rush and can uber more easily to Great Wolf in Garden Grove/Anaheim area.

Keisha, hope your bum area feels better, and hope DH’s foot is good too. No infections is a great sign all will heal.
seems to be the norm for us both lately to have body parts practically falling off, the walking dead lol

Got cold so we came back down carrying the telescope and had a blackberry brandy to warm us up.....

Wanna trade some cold air? :)
Teens, ugh. I think we should all get gold medals for surviving them. My girls were pretty good. But had their moments! And girls are more emotional I think, but I don’t have boys for comparison. And I worked in a high school, lol. No getting away from them!
IDK, i think boys can be worse as they seem so even keeled and then, bam!, out of the blue their hormones decide to hit all once. Didn’t seem to last long for any of my boys but always took me by surprise when it set in for each of them...i’m Talking like overnight
when dh went to Vegas for a week back in April, I told B that we can watch anything we want that week. We couldn’t find anything on worth watching.
Hahaha u need netflix or amazon prime. I remember being absolutely astonished to find that the flamingo hotel had tvs in the corner of the large bathroom mirror.

Glad not common, might never leave the bathroom :)
Do you read the last chapter in the book first too lol?

To each their own, for me, it truly would spoil it, only surprises I really like are in media.

Main reason I never booked a lights’on tour @ HHN, would ruin the magic. decades ago, after i did the tour @ MK that went into the utilidors, never really looked the same at it again.

was not a fan of Frank
Pretty sure i had a crush on Dean Martin. Of the rat-pack my parents were more a Sammy Davis jr fan. They had varied tastes: into Perry Como (from the area) Ray Charles, old Skool country (Johnny cash:cloud9:, Loretta young, etc.), polka music (yes, I can cut a rug lol) & Lawrence welko_O
My dad & DH both western & war movie fans, along with monster/Hitchcock & gladiator flicks. Don’t get me started on saturday night studio wrestling on the tube. Do believe it was the tipping point for my Mr to decide I was ‘the one’ lololololol
s there any bacon going to be left if I am late for breakfast ?
No bacon here either today, i have lots of cereal :). The good stuff, your choice of special K flavors along with Raisin Bran, Captain crunch oops & fruit loops.
Also discovered I do need to go shop this morning........not much, but enough I need to go out. Unless I make us bacon cheeseburgers tonigh
Reg hamburgers on menu today. Just too hot to make the shrimp stirfry. Will table that for tomorrow. Did whip a quick pickled onion & banana pepper mix to complement. Will make the corn on cob in MW. Jr stopping by, asked me make him rice, jury is out on that.
Singing in the Rain movie. When I was growing up, most of what I heard was the big band tunes. Bennie Goodman and clarinets being called licorice sticks.
My MiL always had it playing
Singin’ in the Rain is my favorite movie of all time. I love Gene Kelly. When we were in Hollywood we took a drive out to Beverly Hills just to find the intersection of Sunset and Camden because that’s where Debbie Reynolds dropped Gene Kelly off at the beginning of the movie.
that’s pretty cool! Think the umbrella is still hanging from the street light at MGM, have you seen it?. We claim him as (an area) home town boy. He did a lot for charity in the area. American in Paris another fav.

Last edited:
Even I liked that umbrella Keisha...…..proof we did once visit Disney.....lol.....ironically a downpour arrived about a minute later!!

i-b4LhJJ5-X2.jpg

Yes, I won`t admit to how many tv`s we have either!!! But, will admit to be slightly embarrassed by the number!! We had a tv in the mirror in the bathroom of the Presidential Suite at RPR...….nice!!

We didn't have burgers after all....they wanted mac n cheese with chicken and bacon.....so, made that for them and I had shrimp with marie rose sauce....our cocktail sauce.....made it spicy though.....and just had a tiny bit of lettuce.....and a slice of rosemary bread with chipotle olive oil....

I`m sure your food will be lovely...….

mac......bacon was used up in mac n cheese......glad you got some bacon too!!!

crostorfer…….glad you`re getting there with DD. Good luck with the decision and hope she gets the job she`s applying for. I`m sure she`s mortified. But, hope you feel much better about the whole thing soon....

We are waiting on rain...….yes Janet, I`ll swap you in a heartbeat....could do with some heat, been so dull today......but humid.

Lazy night ahead...…..

Hope your Sunday is a good one......

I`ve lost half my screen with a huge ad at the top of the screen.....never had that before!!! It`s the bit where your user name and notifications are.....its just grown to half the page with a blank ad!!! Weird.....

Issue seems to have sorted itself!!! I have a full screen again.....

I posted on the RP thread but seems Orchids Lounge area has been walled up now, morning breakfast service has been moved downstairs to Jake`s American Bar.

I had been told Orchids Sushi was going to be in the private dining area to the side of Islands Dining Room......that`s where they relocated the Club lounge when it was being refurbed.....not sure if that's where they are I forgot to ask......oops......I was too busy talking about other things...

But, hopefully the new grab and go will be underway soon......for those that don't know it`s going to be where the concierge desk and ticket desk used to be just beyond the check in desks. It`s a good sized space.

We enjoy new technology, not going to admit how many tvs we have but all have been upgraded to 4K with the others being passed onto family. Especially fond of the LR unit that is curved, no blur from ambient light.
We upgraded to the 4K, but now dh is eyeing the 8K. I said no. THis TV is still too new to replace.

Worked a bit on upcoming CA trip. Decided it would be more cost/time effective to do a tour of LA/Hollywood in conjunction with getting picked up at LAX. Went with a private tour that let me personalize the stops. Must do on GD’s list was dining at the Good burger pop up. Figure we then will miss the evening rush and can uber more easily to Great Wolf in Garden Grove/Anaheim area.
I recommend seeing a movie at the EL Capitan if you can. We saw Aladdin there and it was quite an experience.

that’s pretty cool! Think the umbrella is still hanging from the street light at MGM, have you seen it?. We claim him as (an area) home town boy. He did a lot for charity in the area. American in Paris another fav.
I think I have a picture of me under that umbrella somewhere.

Rain, lightning, and loud thunder. I think I am staying inside for a while.

Things are smoother than they were a week or two ago. She's grounded to the house for the rest of the month, she can only leave if one of us is with her, and then for the month of August she can only leave the house for a few hours a day, and even then she isn't allowed to drive anywhere on her own, unless she gets a job or needs to do something for school. She isn't allowed full driving privileges back until school starts in September, and even then, we have a tracking device on the car.

Yeah, she screwed up THAT bad.

That said, I'm moving the trip back on the table, depending on whether or not she gets the job she applied for. We'll know more next week. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, and for listening to me whine, LOL. Teenagers really can be as bad as I was warned they can be, I guess.
You run a tight ship!
My mom was like that and no discussing the restrictions or she added to them

Me on the other hand caved on day 3
August will be a quiet time in your house

Hope all goes smooth and your daughter grows by this lesson

Exciting to read your trip is back on!
Hope you can get a decent rate for an onsite room

We all have priorities in life and hhn is top of my list

Good Sunday afternoon Sans family :wave2:

2951F39A-50BA-4E69-867E-4262732D4661.jpegD&

D83FD504-9BA3-4FF6-B71C-531A8E90FAAA.jpeg

Ugh glad spider bite is better Robo. Remembered your warning as I reached into the thicket that is my garden (really needs weeding) to collect the umpteen pounds of tomatoes and zucchini and something chattered back at me. Have never heard that before and have no idea what it was. Bugs have now decimated zucchini plant. And a branch broke off pear tree- have never seen so many fruit on a tree before. Have worked hard to make yard pollinator friendly and holy smokes did it work! Think every. Loom must have pollinated!

Yep, it gives me pause now when I think of gardening. Since I have been bit I have heard of 3 more local folks with brown recluse bites. Thankful I was able to start correct treatment to arm next day. It’s healing up nicely.

Having a bountiful garden sounds lovely.

Oh have fun with granddaughter! Getting my toes done right now lol,

I remember many years ago a Nursing Professor I had said “ Every woman should treat herself to a pedicure. Pamper your feet”. She was right.i have been having them for years and I so enjoy them. Granddaughter loves them too.

Patty and joe are doing well. Hoping they get to overlap their trip with ours and we can have drinks in Strongwater again!

Thanks for giving update on Patty and Joe. So good to hear they are doing well.

Robo…..glad bite is better and you`re happy with the hair! Always feels good when hair is nice......have a great weekend...

Thanks Schumi. It does feel good to have to have the hair looking good. Makes one feel like a new woman for sure.

dr ordered couch surfing most of weekend. Sounds pretty good right now lol Have a great weekend all:flower1:

Couch surfing is a good thing.

I ordered the bedding for B’s dorm room. This is what she picked out. It’s so her.

Pretty colors for B’s dorm bedding. Will surely brighten up the space.

And with that plane issues, my 8 pm return flight in October became a 2:30pm, with no direct flights the remainder of the day. What to do, as I refuse to take an other than direct flight. Direct is about 2 and 1/2 hours. And all the connecting flights with one stop add a minimum of three hours, and many are a two stop. Um, no. Just no. I can change with no fee to another flight, even if it costs more, but really, the only other direct that day is 5:30am. So that is a no. I could stay another night, but then the cost of that night, as it most likely will not be at the same hotel, as I assume any addition to my great rate, will maybe have me loose it, and assuming there is room, as I think the hotel is filling up fast

Lynne, sorry to hear about the flight issues. Is there a chance they might offer more direct flights before your time to leave in September?

I've been avoiding the Dis. My brand new 16 year old pulled the stunt of all stunts on us at the beginning of the month. It was ABSOLUTELY unexpected, I've never, ever, had a problem with this kid. She's always been nothing but responsible and dependable. Boys, unfortunately, I think cloud even the most sound of mind teenage girl's mind. In a fit of rage, I cancelled our September trip. Now, I'm seriously regretting that decision. I don't think she deserves any kind of reward, even if it means infringing upon my happiness too. I don't know what to do.

Crostorfer, hang in there those teenage years seem to be a bit harder for some.
I often think how much more challenging it would be to be bringing up teenagers in this world now. Raging hormones, cell phones, wanting to wear the right clothes, computers, facebook, Twitter etc..... There are not a lot of roll models for young girls on the TV either.

Pray for her and just be the good mom you are. You will know what needs to be done for her.

Today’s supposed to be our hottest day of this go-round. I’m sitting in a recliner directly under LR ceiling fan lol. Feeling so much more comfortable with the pressure bandage off my rear :). My DH/nurse, who else would do that job for you?, says it doesn’t look too bad. As if I care what it looks like, can’t see it hahaha. I believe he was talking it didn’t look infected

Great to hear you are in the good hands of a loving male Nurse.

Robo - is the BD blowout this weekend? Need pics

No, BD blowout is 8/3. I have a few things to order this week. Slowly getting check list done. I received the delivery of the photo backdrop canvas stand yesterday. I went in my office and locked the door to see if I could put it together quickly.....I finally figured it out....it was a bit comical as I’am not the most mechanically graceful person....LOL.

Boo, they can polish that turd all they want, it’s all about the Benjamin's

You have a honest way with words.....I love it......:rotfl2:

Hmmm, if me, i’d Not associate the trip with punishment/as a reward. There would be other rather severe sanctions implemented.

Grounding was always the go to, enhanced by lack of any phone privledges or electronics (including internet access or video gaming). Even if it’s for just a specific period of time, it seems to Get their attention & let’s them know you are serious.

Good luck, most parents will admit that their spawn screwed up at least once. It’s all part of learning how to be an adult, & make wise decisions to navigate their way thru life. How they learn from it and go forward in a more responsible & safe manner is what’is important IMO

Motherly words of wisdom are worth there weight in gold.

Ah my goodness pool was so delightful, that even the cold hose was shocking but felt good at the same time. It is that hot. So hot, nary a breeze, not many birds to hear, puffy white clouds here and there, but oh the bright sun and perfectly blue sky.

Lynne so nice to hear you had an enjoyable reprieve from the heat at the pool.

Been out stargazing up in the hills tonight behind us........saw the ISS pass over us as clear as can be, always amazes me the sight of that amazing feat! Studied Jupiter and Saturn for a while...

That would have been something to see.

The control of the channel changer lol. Guess most of us have been there. Don’t know why husbands think it’s their God given right lol.

My husband has a 92 inch TV in his cinema upstairs. The remote up there is his. I have a 65 inch TV in the family room downstairs and the remote to that one is mostly mine.

Growing up my dad loved to watch westerns. My hubby also likes to watch westerns and football. So he is pretty good about going upstairs to watch things if I have something I want to watch that is different.

We were eating brunch yesterday and we saw a beaver come up out of the backyard. I have never seen a beaver in our yard before.

I have been feeding the deer corn again. Had to stop for couple of weeks as a family of skunks were coming to feed also.

AE160ED3-049F-4ED8-A94A-F5F571CF5946.jpeg

Made a pan of lasagna and some meatballs for dinner. So there will be plenty for everyone.....come on over.

Last edited:
Eh, maybe Charade. I think my pictures came like that too, and all inside were fine. And a haha, passed out little one’s graduation pictures at Thanksgiving, as all family was there. The other day, my Dsis asked where her grad pictures were. Guess she misplaced her copy. We still have many wallet size ones, as the minimum that came with the package I wanted was way more than we would ever need, but there was no subbing.

It is so hot. But we will be getting some relief by tomorrow, as the rain Keisha’s area is getting, will come East and give us chances of rain tomorrow.

We had a nice time shopping, and some stores needed their AC cranked, that is all I can say. And ooh the crowds there. But success at where we wanted, and wow that LEGO set is heavy. He is going to need days, I think. And some cute clothes for little one, and a pair of updated sneakers for me. I am hard on sneakers sometimes. My current pair is starting to rub my feet wrong. Time for trash.

Ah, more water to drink. It is that hot. But hey, a can see up to 10 miles away with this clear day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter