Something About Nothing ... #12

Hot hot hot! Saying maybe 100 will be the high tomorrow. Will be in the pool by lunchtime. Was sweating just going from car into stores and pumping gas.

Yay! I will be couch surfing tonight, as kids went to my Dsis’s house tonight, for some pool time after dinner. So, quiet night fir DH and I. Maybe he will take me out to the diner for dinner. The idea of cooking is not my idea of movement right now. AC has been running most of the day.

Hope your DH’s foot feels better,Keisha.

Good afternoon everyone. We have had a very busy and productive day. We spent most of the day at the university campus where we learned about stuff like dorm life, dining services, campus activities, and many other things.

I ordered the bedding for B’s dorm room. This is what she picked out. It’s so her.

We also met with the roofing company. I was surprised to see that they still use a time clock/punch card system for their employees. I haven’t seen one of those in about 2 decades. We should have a new roof in a couple of weeks weather permitting.

I'm glad you finally dropped in.
You're late.

I’m early today.

Yep, passed out and DH once again woke me up at 4. Good thing, that go back to sleep worked, and I woke to see if kids were moving as they have to work. Yep, knowing I can be lazy this morning let’s me catch up on my sleep.
I have a house rule that no one wakes me if I fall asleep at night. I take too long to get back to sleep. Last night I fell asleep while watching TV. I woke up at 1:00 to find that dh had gone to bed, but left all the lights on in the living room where I was sleeping.

That little clip was so funny. Just what I needed :rotfl2:

Happy to be of service. I have never actually seen that movie, but that clip was so appropriate.

Patty and joe are doing well.
Thanks for the update.

Is someone organizing a Sept meet up?
I wish I could join y’all for a meet up, but that won’t be happening this year. Dh and I have been talking about a trip to Disney World in 2021 for the 50th anniversary of Magic Kingdom. We were there for the 25th, so it seems only fitting that we should be there for the 50th.

dr ordered couch surfing most of weekend. Sounds pretty good right now lol
Sounds like a great plan especially in this heat wave.

Hot hot hot! Saying maybe 100 will be the high tomorrow. Will be in the pool by lunchtime. Was sweating just going from car into stores and pumping gas.
We are looking at 99 tomorrow. I plan to stay indoors almost all day.

Well, I should be planning supper, but it looks like everyone else in the house is napping. We may be going out tonight.

Think there’s a few of us couch surfing tonight........not a bad way to spend a Friday evening........

Nice bedding for a teen Charade.........

What do we think of Minions now being 2D? Not quite sure what to think of it........

And Jamie Lee Curtis and Nick Castle (original Michael Myers) have said they’re going to do two more Halloween movies.........much as though I love them.....not sure it’s a good idea. I hated the fact in last years movie they changed them from being brother and sister......that was the whole premise of the first movie. He wanted to kill his sister. They shouldn’t change things......

Almost bedtime here.......early rise for hairdresser tomorrow.......

No bacon, will be a quick breakfast and out........no plans for tomorrow as far as I know........

Enjoy your evening :wave2:

MonyK, sent your picture to older one. Little one replied “Sweet!” Both know fancy cars, as we live near enough that I am amazed to see one being driven. Have fun at the lake with all the family.

Charade, I can usually get right back to sleep, and with this heat, feeling lazy for sure. Nice bedding set. Would not be little one’s style, but that is why I let her pick too.

Oh and thanks MonyK for letting us know about Patty and Joe. Sending good wishes to them both. Hope Joe is feeling back to himself now.

Slow day here which means everyone has been busy.

Hooray for the weekend!
Well, I don't live for weekends as every day is like a Saturday to me.
And the days kind of blend together for me as I do not have a set schedule.
This is a good thing

Wait until you stop working and can set your daily pace to not getting up when the sun rises and sets.

Charade, well you woke up at 1:00 and didn't check in here even after I left the lights on last night?
That color combination for your daughter's dorm bedding looks so nice!

I went to the Motherland on their 25th anniversary.
It was a great trip.
No idea if I'll make it for their 50th, won't go if it will be packed

Schumi, I have no idea how 2D will be for the Minions ride, kind of dread it...
I know UO wants to save money and they will on maintenance by changing from 3D to 2D.
I tried googling to get opinions but struck out

I enjoy the ride and do it a few times when I am in the park.

Lynne, I know squat about cars
I know how to put gas in the tank and that is about the size of my knowledge
Oh, do know when a light comes on for the dashboard, not to ignore it.

Monyk, thanks for the heads up on pattyw and Joe.
Hope they are doing fine

You still figuring out your trip for Europe?

Hi and bye to all the homies.
I need to go pick up dinner.
Not cooking but ordered bbq dinners out for tonight.

Charade, well you woke up at 1:00 and didn't check in here even after I left the lights on last night?
That color combination for your daughter's dorm bedding looks so nice!
Sorry, I got caught up in an episode of Castle.

I went to the Motherland on their 25th anniversary.
It was a great trip.
We were there for our first wedding anniversary. We also spent a day at Universal. I don’t think I will ever see crowds that low again.

Thanks Schumi I’ll look for the Sept Sticky. Would be fun having a Sans meet for a drink somewhere!
I had a great lunch too with friends, lots of laughs, great company.

Pumpkin we have a Ribfest going on in our community too. I drove by it this afternoon on my way home from lunch. The smells. Mmmmm. But doubt I’ll go down husband makes the best ribs.

Keishashadow I agree with Mac, couch surfer gets remote! Lol.

Lynne yikes! Good thing for pools! The perfect spot to be in that heat.

Charade love the bedding! Sounds like you had a nice day. Going to WDW for the 50th should be fun. They’ll probably have lots of special things going on.
I still have a 10 day non exp. hopper. Last time I was there was last Aug. We looked at prices for this Aug and wow, huge price hikes so it became a Universal year lol. But am leaving in a few weeks for DL for my Disney fix.
I have the same house rule! If I fall asleep on the sofa watching tv- Do Not Wake! Just getting up and going into bedroom is enough to wake me up enough enough so I can’t fall back asleep.

Schumi nope not happy about 2-D Minions. Won’t be nearly as good. Is it a done deal? :sad1:

Mac I agree, love not being on any schedule but my own, retirement is good!

Everyone stay safe in that crazy heat!

Schumi nope not happy about 2-D Minions. Won’t be nearly as good. Is it a done deal? :sad1:

I had googled and found some sites that discussed UO changing the Minions to a 2 D.
It is a way to save money was the bottom line from what I understood reading it.
Maintenance will be less with Minion ride being 2D

Yup, it is a done deal.
One article stated how they have already removed the 3 to a 2 for the ride.

I guess I will see how the change in Minions is. Maybe with all the kids, no need for 3D? Money, yeah not always a good thing if not getting what was fine before.

Did go out for dinner, and it was still hot. The sun setting was a huge orange ball just above the horizon. 80 is the low overnight, so no escape from the heat. Hear the AC on still.

DH is happy to have control of the remote, so watching the iPad, since I never like what he selects.

Have a peaceful and relaxing night, to all the homies.

I guess I will see how the change in Minions is. Maybe with all the kids, no need for 3D? Money, yeah not always a good thing if not getting what was fine before.

Did go out for dinner, and it was still hot. The sun setting was a huge orange ball just above the horizon. 80 is the low overnight, so no escape from the heat. Hear the AC on still.

DH is happy to have control of the remote, so watching the iPad, since I never like what he selects.

Have a peaceful and relaxing night, to all the homies.

With the change for the Minions, no glasses are needed.
The article I read had nothing about kids and glasses but lot less cost in maintenance in running the ride.

So your ac still on.....
Ours was turned on in April and has not been turned off yet.
24/7

Georgia is not livable without ac

Kinda sad then, MAC. I thought it was always a 3D ride? Still a screen, so I guess it will still be a fun view. Will let ya know next month.

Yawning already. I may leave DH on the couch.

Despicable Me ditches 3D at Universal Orlando
John Gregory

07/18/2019

Universal
Minion goggles will no longer be required on Despicable Me Minion Mayhem at Universal Studios Florida.
The motion simulator attraction is no longer in 3D as of Thursday. The ride film will now be in 2D, matching a recent change to the Universal Hollywood version. Universal Studios Japan’s Minion Mayhem, which opened in 2017, has been in 2D since its debut.
“We consistently evaluate and refine our guest experiences – and we are excited for our guests to experience Despicable Me Minion Mayhem this way,” Universal said in a statement to Orlando Rising.
Months earlier, Universal had refused to comment on whether Orlando would follow Hollywood’s lead in removing 3D from the attraction.
“We’re not going to comment on rumors,” Universal spokesperson Tom Schroeder said at the time.
Universal Orlando has often been criticized for relying too heavily on screens and 3D effects. Of the last 10 attractions added across Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure, seven prominently feature screens, though the trend was broken with this year’s Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure.
There have been signs Universal has wanted to move away from the use of 3D goggles, if only to eliminate the cost of cleaning, repairing and replacing them. The maligned Fast & Furious: Supercharged opened in 2018 without requiring 3D goggles, even though its counterpart on the Universal Hollywood tram tour does.

and this was posted on 7/17

It's the latest in what seems to be a developing trend away from 3D-based media for Universal. In addition to the Minion Mayhem changes, Universal shelved a 3D version of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Universal Studios Hollywood less than a year after that ride's opening. And when Fast & Furious - Supercharged made the drive to Orlando, it left its 3D version behind in California. Universal Studios Florida also closed its Terminator 2:3D show in favor of what's widely tipped to be a live-action stunt show, too.

Running a media-based attraction in 2D rather than 3D saves a park the cost of buying, cleaning, collecting and (potentially) replacing thousands of 3D glasses. And a switch to 2D potentially can save a park on projection costs as well, as 3D video demands stronger projection lighting to overcome the inherent darkness of 3D glasses' lenses.
While some fans enjoy the gimmick of 3D visual effects, the format bothers others, and some with visual impairments simply cannot see video in 3D. The use of 3D on motion base attractions carries additional risk, as 3D can amplify any disconnect between the physical motion of one's seats and the motion depicted by the video on screen.

Thanks Mac for posting the info. Not thrilled about it. But guess we’ll see in Sept.

Schumi lol. I looked at the Sticky, and totally forgot my dates were added on.
I see quite a few Sans Family will be there at the same time. It would be fun to have a family get together!

Thanks Mac for posting the info. Not thrilled about it. But guess we’ll see in Sept.

I see quite a few Sans Family will be there at the same time. It would be fun to have a family get together!

I checked Schumi's calendar for September dates.
I think you should change your schedule to overlap with mine....
heck make your trip for 3 weeks and you will hit all the homies then..

I booked my room last October (day after I returned home from UO)
and booked my flights in January so I am locked in and can't change them

Slow day here which means everyone has been busy.

Hooray for the weekend!
Well, I don't live for weekends as every day is like a Saturday to me.
And the days kind of blend together for me as I do not have a set schedule.
This is a good thing

Wait until you stop working and can set your daily pace to not getting up when the sun rises and sets.

Schumi, I have no idea how 2D will be for the Minions ride, kind of dread it...
I know UO wants to save money and they will on maintenance by changing from 3D to 2D.
I tried googling to get opinions but struck out

Lynne, I know squat about cars
I know how to put gas in the tank and that is about the size of my knowledge
Oh, do know when a light comes on for the dashboard, not to ignore it.

Hi and bye to all the homies.
I need to go pick up dinner.
Not cooking but ordered bbq dinners out for tonight.

That car in Monyk’s picture looks like it’s a McLaren 720s.......nice car........one of my friends says the same thing about cars.....she knows how to put fuel in and that’s it......lol.......she gets bored when we talk cars........we love em!!!

Seems the ride looks ok with just 2D according to some reports I’ve seen.....yes, saves a lot of money and down time to repair or update.

I’m with you.......although I’m a lady of leisure.....there’s still something about a Saturday.........

Hope your food was good last night! I’m sure it went down well......

I thought your dates were on the thread.......but wasn’t sure when you asked about a meet.

I’m sure there’ll be meets arranged nearer the time.

Just had breakfast.......well, Rice Krispies.......that’ll do today as I need to drive to salon soon. Interim appointment as my hair really doesn’t need coloured but, it’s at that awkward in between stage......so roots will get some attention. Then full head end of August.

Sun is shining but no idea what the rest of the day is to be like......still to decide what to eat tonight......I suggested stir fry but didn’t appeal to anyone........so no ideas now.....may suggest a pizza.........

Have a great Saturday.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts