Something About Nothing ... #12

Just a quick "Get Well" to Robo! Prayers for a speediful recovery! :crutches:

Krazie Biziee here...:sail:

Hi Mac

Missed you earlier.........:D........glanced through the thread.....

Just stopping by to say HI and see how everyone is doing. It is a rainy day here so we are chilling on the couch and finally taking a break. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hey mrsbluer........hope things are better with the foot.........sounds a nice way to spend a rainy afternoon........:wave2:

Thinking about it.... I'm a little unsure about posting pics.... and trip reports just aren't the same without pics....

I know what you mean. I prefer reports with pics......lol.....

But would love to read about your trip.........:)

so stuff is happening and I may have some big news in December. *disappears in a cloudy of glittery smoke*

can any one give me suggestions that have worked for them in moving a 1 year and a 3 year cat 800 miles to a new home without having the kitties scream for 12 h0urs straight ?
my vet can give me piis that can make them relax to handle the ride but the meds i am told will wear off in about 7 or so hours .

if you travel a long distance with a pet cage, is it better for the cats that way or is it better if they are kept in the same cage?

i have about 2 weeks to make a decision on this.

cat people, help me out please.

so stuff is happening and I may have some big news in December. *disappears in a cloudy of glittery smoke*

I`m with mac........:listen:.........Is it weird I can totally picture that cloud of glittery smoke Robbie/Andy pixiedust:

Bought a new jacket last week........somehow, I`ve managed to get "something" black on it........it`s a white jacket........:(

Scrubbed some of that vanish stuff on it and it`s in the washer now......keeping fingers crossed it comes out......I love this jacket. It`s warm and cosy and has a furry trim around the hood.......looked for something exactly like that for ages!!!

Trying to finish trip report this week......taking longer than I thought, but getting there........

Happy Monday.........:)

I guess I don't have any advice since I've only driven with dogs, Mac. But couple of things: have they ever been caged? If not, I'd get the cages now, and keep them in the house, so they get used to them. Maybe even do short drives with them in the cages to get them used to it after a few days of in the house. Then, yes medicate. If they start getting annoyed at the cages, you can take them out, but don't open the windows more than an inch or so, so they don't climb out. I'd bring water and food and toys for them. As for together or not, do they ever fight? I've always had my dogs in separate cages, though next to each other, as I didn't have a big enough cage that would fit in my car. Two, then no fighting, and ability to stretch out in the cage if the dog wanted to. Most of the time, my dogs slept, though I found out the very first time I traveled, my one dog got car sick, so no food for him way before our trip. You know your kitties best, so I wish you lots of luck with the move and hugs.

Ahh, a Monday, and a very sunny start. So, to all:

th

And ooooh Robbie: all ears! :listen::genie:

Mac - The farthest I've ever had to move my cat was about 20 miles.... :-/ Crossing my fingers for you.

Lynne - Send some sun this way! It's gloomy and chilly here!!

I wish I could Snoop! We'll be paying for it though, lots of rain at the end of the week. I hope you get some warmth soon.

Sending well wishes to Robo and Mrs. Bluer, and anyone else needing a well wish today.

Crossing my fingers for ya to Schumi. I hate when something I love to wear gets something on it. And white! I hope your treatment works.
Really enjoying your trip report. Can't believe you're on your last day. It's always bittersweet. You did so much on this trip. And the best part, thinking about when the next trip is.

Thanks Lynne.......glad you've enjoyed reading it........yes last couple of days are usually bittersweet at times.......yep, next trip all sorted!!

Got 99% of whatever marked the jacket off........one bit seems really ingrained.......but it's wearable......my friend says you will only see it if you're really looking for it.......so I'll keep it......

Have no idea what it actually was that marked it...........

Almost bed time here......well, in a while......seems a long night when it gets dark around 4.30.

A few months ago I dropped my mascara wand as I was putting on my makeup, and I got a huge mascara smear right on the screen-printed image of Peter Dinklage on one of my favorite shirts (it's this one):
mvneck_tinylannister_gray_white.png
...Anyway, I fretted when the black smudges wouldn't come out no matter what I scrubbed them with. Then I had a lightbulb moment: My eye makeup remover! It totally did the trick. I don't know why it took me so long to think that perhaps the very product that was designed to take the mascara off of my eyelashes might also remove it from my beloved shirt!!

Glad to hear that you've gotten most of whatever-it-is off of your jacket!! I just bought a few new white shirts tonight and I'm already wondering if I even should have bothered, since I almost always seem to ruin them right away!

...Anyway, I fretted when the black smudges wouldn't come out no matter what I scrubbed them with. Then I had a lightbulb moment: My eye makeup remover! It totally did the trick. I don't know why it took me so long to think that perhaps the very product that was designed to take the mascara off of my eyelashes might also remove it from my beloved shirt!!

Glad to hear that you've gotten most of whatever-it-is off of your jacket!! I just bought a few new white shirts tonight and I'm already wondering if I even should have bothered, since I almost always seem to ruin them right away!

Nice job on the teeshirt.....glad you saved it.......:)

Well, I got to thinking reading about the make up remover.........so got a cotton bud (Q-Tip) dipped in remover and smudged it in......mixed some washing powder with a tiny bit of water and scrubbed it in, which I did yesterday but without the make up remover...........and scrubbed some more......

It`s gone!!!!!! It`s totally gone ::yes::........so thank you for the tip snoop........:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

A friend suggested bleach, but it`s more a Winter white than pure white if you know what I mean........still got no idea what I brushed against........

Dull and grey here today again........wishing for summer already.........Christmas songs in the shops now........I adore Christmas.......but it`s far too early......even for me!!!! Bah Humbug!!!

Wahoo Schumi! Filing Snoop's tip. My DD gets all sorts of marks on her clothes at times. Hmm, make up remover too. Good idea!

Another sunny start, and a cup of tea for me.

Yep, Christmas is in full force in the stores. There was a big backlash from the public when a mall charged to see santa. Well, malll decided that santa would be free. Gosh, I didn't even know santa was in the malls already. Yeah, I'm not ready to be in the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving.

Enjoy the day, all!

image.jpeg
Sweets tree in dining room.
Lynne thanks for well wishes. Hope Mrs bluer is still on the mend.

Son and daughter in law came over on the first and helped Christmas the house. Christmas decorations are a cheerful thing. Did a lot of Christmas shopping before surgery so only have few odds and ends to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter