Something About Nothing ... #12

I've been busy and it looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

Schumi - I'm glad he's back at home now. It is hard being far from family.

Mac- yes, get a Sunpass. We have the sticker ones so they cost less. But - then you can't move it from one car to another. It's worth it. A lot of the tourists stay off the turnpike so the driving is so much easier. Even if you don't make it worth it this trip, you'll have other trips to make it worth it!

My SIL now has to go to Orlando once a month for work so she just left from visiting. It was nice to see her - it had been over a year. We went to Sea World since they were having their get a friend in for free thing for passholders. My eldest son didn't come - he was recovering from a scout camping trip canoeing in the Everglades. He learned that canoeing in the ocean is much harder than he realized.

Thanks pc........did give us a scare, but he's doing good!

Yay........Janet's back.........and glad to hear no hurling.......that's never fun! Looking forward to those pics.......may not show them to Tom, you know he wants to do a cruise one day..........it'll only encourage his argument for me to do one..........lol.......

Thanks Kohlby.......he's doing good........yep, even after 20 odd years it's not easy being so far from family, especially when something like this happens. Glad you got to spend some time with your SiL.........and your poor son........sounded like a tough time he had!

Another grey miserable day here again today.........little brighter than yesterday, that's the best it's gonna be I think..........least we don't have snow.......always a sliver lining!

Just spent a while sorting out all my bakeware and ovenware cabinets........finally done. All neat and tidy and sorted into some kind of order........not the most interesting morning I ever spent.........

But, it's Wednesday..........:D

Question for you probably Keisha or pc would know

Since I don't have time to order a sun pass on line, can it be bought at the welcome center and do you know if they are opened on sundays

Lynne I like you was waiting for the ez pass to be useable someday but not happening in January

Kohlby are you completely settled in now at your new home?
How does it feel to have all sunshine and no snow now?

93ddc264be6b0334e47424d618aae2b4.jpg

Yep, and since it is Wednesday, that means (and Keisha's back yay!)
Camel's making her hump day appearance:

th

Yeah, it's a rainy, cool, and dark start to the day. Hey, I'm not complaining. It's rain and not snow. And it's above freezing. Certainly time for short sleeves.

Sounds like you were busy this morning Schumi. Always good to organize.

Kohlby, nice to hear all is well. Always good when family visits.

Mac, I would assume they would be open every day of the week, but maybe have shorter hours, like 8 to 5 on Sundays. I think they still give out a free glass of orange juice. I ordered mine, and got it in the mail in less than a week. I add and delete the rental on my phone's Sunpass app. Easy. Oh, and good morning!

th

Thanks Lynne
I figured this would be one of the rare times I would drive to Orlando as long drives aren't my preference

When I drive to Gainesville or Tampa, I don't need the sun-pass

Started to think back roads would be what I used as less accidents on them

If it only takes one week for receiving them by mail could work
Don't have a lot of time left before I go

Looking at weather up north makes me wonder how late spring will be there this year

Down here have had many warm days in the 70's but major rain will start tomorrow and temps will drop

Question for you probably Keisha or pc would know

Since I don't have time to order a sun pass on line, can it be bought at the welcome center and do you know if they are opened on sundays
I have never checked the welcome center, but you can buy it at many places. We bought ours at Publix. I think Walgreens has it too. However, then we had to activate it by going online and then there was a waiting time until it was active. My husband did one car early enough that it was good to go the next day. My car was done very late at night so it wasn't good to use until the day after the next.

Thanks kohlby
I'll probably hit Florida on a Sunday around 5:00
Won't help me then with the waiting period and set up for sun pass

I'll have to see mailing time info

If all fails will figure out back roads then

Either way, I'll end up in Orlando one way or another

Lynne I like you was waiting for the ez pass to be useable someday but not happening in January

Kohlby are you completely settled in now at your new home?
How does it feel to have all sunshine and no snow now?
I didn't exactly have much snow before. I watched friends from there get excited for the 1-2 inches of snow that was supposedly to come and all they had were a few flakes. So, I've missed just a few flakes this winter so far. I didn't mind the snow - it could be years between enough snow to make a tiny snowman. And, it always melted quickly. The coldness was tough though. This heat is really nice. I've had to use my heat just one day since we moved.

We are slowly settling in. It's hard to get things done between having kids and wanting to go play all the time with so much to do here.

Kohlby isn't it nice not to have cold weather!

A year from now you'll have everything set up in your house
It's more fun to enjoy Florida than to organize a house

I be been in my house one year and still do not have the house set up completely

Robo, so you have any idea how temps will be the end of January?
Need help ideas to pack for weather

Mac it is supposed to be in the 80's with low's in the evening in the 60's thru Sunday then Monday in upper 60's low at night in low 50's. Then start climbing back up in the 70's by Tuesday. Think I will take Tinks advice and make sure to have some long and short sleeve shirts and capri's and diffently pack a sweat shirt and jeans. So will be prepared for what comes.

I'am not leaving to drive up to Orlando till Tuesday. Hubby decided not to go. He told me to go up and rest, eat good food, shop and enjoy the rides and have a good time. He is a sweetheart. It will be an adventure. Looking forward to it.

Keisha glad to hear your back. Will look forward to your pics. Was wondering how things would be at sea as we did have some really windy days here in Florida at the start your cruise. We had 25 mile winds for a couple of days.

Hey Mac!

You need me to send you one of them things? They retail everywhere here and priority mailed tomorrow you'd have it Monday I suspect.

Pax

As for an Orlando weather report, it's been shorts and t-shirt weather most days. I went to Downtown Disney this past weekend and was a little chilly in my tank top and shorts though. That's me being chilly so it may have been upper 60's or lower 70's. The temps are supposed to remain warm for at least a while. Sunday currently has a high chance of rain though it may not come until evening. (Or maybe not at all - it's only Wednesday now so plenty of time for the forecast to change).

:surfweb: 1/2 a moon in the sky when I woke up. Hah! Mom knows best. Older one got to bed earlier last night. He woke up as I was leaving, and said, he felt so much better, and that's because he went to bed earlier. He's still not a morning person. ::yes::

oooh, off to make tea, and the sun is starting to peak over the horizon. Yes, maybe not such a gloomy day like we've had.

Enjoy your Thursday all, and throw back a drink or memory. Friday's coming soon.

th
th

And just like that.....half the school year is over for the kids pixiedust: POOF. Gone!

Now just waiting for some of these colleges to get their act together and let the girl child know what's up! Applied to 6 and have only heard back from 1.

Ah well.....Happy Thursday Peeps!!! One day closer to vacation :lovestruc:charac4:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter