Something About Nothing ... #12

Thanks Lynne........is it a holiday weekend or are you just on a day off? Enjoy it anyway.......

I love bacon..........if I ever had the mad notion of becoming a vegetarian, bacon and steak would the 2 main things that would change my mind.......not that I would ever become a vegetarian........:eek: definite meat eaters over here.........

th
th

Yep, MLK's birthday is a federal holiday for us Schumi. Hence, 3 day week-end for us with Monday the holiday. And to get us ready for the rest of the week, slightly warmer, but rain. I'll take that though, just north of us, it's closer to freezing, so freezing rain is their issue. I feel for all those in the middle of our country for the ice and snow they got too much of. We're flirting with the 50's this week, so that's a few degrees warmer than usual for the middle of January. I am not complaining. My heater is happy too.

Hope Keisha got home safely. I'm ready for a vacation already. Keep seeing those military rates for cruises. Just have to get DH to agree. Maybe just a 3 or 5 day. Have to check airfare. At least we have some credit from December's trip. Dreaming. But, hoping.

So, hello all. And have a great Tuesday. Eat a taco, or two.

Hi :wave:

I'm back from the land of no data.

Sorry to hear about your brother Carole but glad he's doing better. I know how it is living away from family. My brother is a 3 hour drive from my house, it's easier for us to meet in the middle for our get togethers.

Not much going on here...I'm recovered and enjoying our spring like temps this week. I may get the energy up to build that raised bed I've been working on with Trey...right now it's just a pile of blocks and dirt.

Glad my Falcons won this week and are going to have one last game at the dome before it turns into a parking lot. It's funny that both my teams are getting new digs this year.

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Morning everyone :wave2: . Sun is shining and coffee is good. Supposed to be 80 today :sunny:

Tink glad to hear you are feeling better and good to have you back on the boards.

Going up to Orlando for a few days next week. I have never been to Universal in January, so it will be a first.
AP is burning a hole in my pocket.

Schumi glad to hear your brother is out of hospital and back home.

IMG_1737.JPG

Nice to see homies her this morning !

Tink go to a Macdonald or food joint and use their wifi ....
You were missed here

Robo, so you have any idea how temps will be the end of January?
Need help ideas to pack for weather

Lynne and schumi do hope your weather improves so you can wear sunglasses soon

Nice to see homies her this morning !

Tink go to a Macdonald or food joint and use their wifi ....
You were missed here
Thanks mac :hug:

I wish there was a place near here with free WiFi, I have to drive 30 minutes in either direction to get it. If my service provider would honor it's commitment we would still have unlimited data on Trey's phone...still trying to figure out which plan to go with since I only have a month to decide...I hate changes:headache:

Robo...I would pack for all weather situations...dress in layers as the temps are usually cool in the mornings and evenings. The last time we visited in January I wore shorts in the middle of the day and a jacket at night. Hope you have a blast whatever the weather :sunny:

Tink
Can't you steal neighbors wi if!?

I can't here cause all of them have theirs locked
But I do have a package for unlimited data
Don't like c
The charges but we all three don't have to fuss at each other

I cannot believe it is the middle of January already. WHERE did the month go?

Schumi...so glad your brother is on the mend!!

As for us, well, finals this week for the two High Schoolers. The Senior has Senioritis, the Freshman is excited for his new classes. New Semester begins next week.

Courtney landed the role of Madame Thenardier in the Drama Group's production of Les Mis. And of course the week we are away she will be missing 4 rehearsal days with her scenes ... ugh!!! She is having a mini meltdown :headache::headache: Frank is preparing for his first Mock Trial Competition this Saturday and Sunday. He will be on Stage Crew Again for this spring show. I am really glad
he is having a fantastic experience as a 9th grade boy. It could have gone either way.....but I guess having a sister who is there helps.

Cold, rainy and ready for sunshine!!! Counting down the days!!!:-):-):-):-)

Thanks Vicki........glad you're on the mend too.......

Cheers Robo.........and you have a trip soon!! Excellent........

Hey tlinus..........always great to see you!! Thanks,......brother is home and doing brilliantly..........sounds like everyone your end is doing good.........you know I have never seen Les Mis.......think I might be the only one who hasn't seen it.........hope she does good though! Tough part I believe.......enjoy that upcoming trip......

Back later.........

I cannot believe it is the middle of January already. WHERE did the month go?

Schumi...so glad your brother is on the mend!!

As for us, well, finals this week for the two High Schoolers. The Senior has Senioritis, the Freshman is excited for his new classes. New Semester begins next week.

Courtney landed the role of Madame Thenardier in the Drama Group's production of Les Mis. And of course the week we are away she will be missing 4 rehearsal days with her scenes ... ugh!!! She is having a mini meltdown :headache::headache: Frank is preparing for his first Mock Trial Competition this Saturday and Sunday. He will be on Stage Crew Again for this spring show. I am really glad
he is having a fantastic experience as a 9th grade boy. It could have gone either way.....but I guess having a sister who is there helps.

Cold, rainy and ready for sunshine!!! Counting down the days!!!:-):-):-):-)

good to see you again here homie!

i can remember when your kids were littles....
they are growing up too fast.

hard to imagine Frank being in 9th grade

yea the month is half way over and i have not figured out a thing for my orlando trip end of this month
have the motherland adr all made and a plan to follow, no plans for the darkside as well, i never really make any in advance.

have to figure out the drive down once in florida and what to pack.....

good to see you again here homie!

i can remember when your kids were littles....
they are growing up too fast.

hard to imagine Frank being in 9th grade

yea the month is half way over and i have not figured out a thing for my orlando trip end of this month
have the motherland adr all made and a plan to follow, no plans for the darkside as well, i never really make any in advance.

have to figure out the drive down once in florida and what to pack.....
Do you have a sunpass?

no

not sure if it would be worth it for me.
went to the website and saw what it costs and the deposit amount

no

I think when I got mine it was $20. If you go to WDW first take 75, FL turnpike, and then 429. Avoids the east side traffic and brings you in on the west side of WDW. Turnpike and 429 are toll roads. If you do USO first take 75, turnpike and then I4. You will be on I4 for maybe 2 miles. Get off at kirkman to go in the back way. For RPR I get off on the Uni exit. You'll drive by CB and SF. Take a right and RPR will be on your right. If you plan on driving much the sunpass is well worth.

Thanks homie!

I'll be going to wdw first and then movingno over to UO

I read on the sun pass site it would be $30 as I have to preload $10 in the account

If I do cash for tolls did read some do not have attendants

Hello me homies:)

Wound up back home very early on Monday, still doing laundry and sorting out all the mess.

Lovely trip, going to post a mini TR to share some pics off my phone. DS has my memory sticks from cameras, hope to have them back in hand sooner vs later.

Temp has been steadily dropping all day. Winter is here. The windchill is supposed to make it feel like in the 20's. I guess it's time for a day of winter.

I've been in Orlando same week in January, thought it cold last time when the closed the resort pools @ WDW...

HA!

We were layered up, complete with winter coasts and still cold @ Universal on the 7th in the evening.

Lynne if any consolation the weather so bad the ship was delayed 4 hours getting back for us to board. They cancelled our 1st port of call (Half Moon Cay, prettiest beach I've seen) and we overnighted in a very chilly Nassau. Waves so high the first night, many of the crew members were hurling in the halls. I retired before 8 pm and managed not to join them but it was very close, even with meds that typically do the trick. Daytona was rather chilly with strong winds, did have a nice day in Orlando on our 1st and last days.

pc, i noticed you saw the line up for mardi gras performers

i was a tad disappointed with the list

won't hang around for it on opening night.

Yes, I don't feel quite so bad for having to leave to catch flight home. They went 'cheap' this year. Perhaps just not willing to have another Fall Out (boy):rolleyes1crowd control fail-boat with popular talent.

My Seahawks are laying an egg. I'm really sad.

On the flip side, I'll be in Orlando in four weeks and one day. So really, life isn't THAT bad right now in the grand scheme of things.

Was Rootin for them, sorry. Feel free to join the Steeler Nation, we need all the help we can muster to knock of the dreaded Patriots.

Lol.......you know you'd always be welcome!!

It was gorgeous.......bit too rare for DS but he managed........he takes the first slice from either side...........

Still raining here, just glad it's not snow or ice any more..........

Isn't Janet due back on the 16th? Not wanting to wish her trip away, but I forget.........

Final episode of Sherlock tonight..........

"Here" :) so sorry to hear of your brother's misfortune, hope it all turns around for him soon!:wizard:

Thanks Lynne........is it a holiday weekend or are you just on a day off? Enjoy it anyway.......

I love bacon..........if I ever had the mad notion of becoming a vegetarian, bacon and steak would the 2 main things that would change my mind.......not that I would ever become a vegetarian........:eek: definite meat eaters over here.........

If I was ever in the position of having to pick a last meal (as in before they pulled the switch lol), steak & bacon would be featured prominently.

Do you have a sunpass?

no

I used mine for the first time. Got tired of waiting for Florida to make good on the edict they are to accept the EZPass.:bitelip:

Came quickly, loaded it up with $10 and wahla...no need to go thru the slow line & then try to merge back into traffic. Believe I've already auto filled it twice, painless process. Best $20 I've spent in ages.

Bonus points I left it in the rental car:o. Honest Alamo person chased me down, duh, Stoopid tourists.:teeth:

Yep. I bought the removable sun pass too. Though I have an easy pass for my cars, I have used the sun pass for 2 trips with a rental now, and so nice to sail through like I got used to via easy pass. At home, we have easy pass only entrances. Did not see that in FLA, but liked the pass only lanes like we have at home.

Glad to hear you made it home safely Keisha, but sorry to hear the weather was not the best. I take medicine as I get terrible sea sick, but my kids don't get any kind of motion sickness like their dad. Our first night at sea with my kids, I almost was sick as we were going through the outer bands of a hurricane. The ship was rocking so nicely, that around midnight, I had to take the loose hangers that were clanking in the closet, and put them on clothes at the bottom of the closet. We were also right below the pool chair storage, and we could hear them sliding back and forth. Was not a restful night to start the cruise. But we had beautiful weather all the cruises we had, except for that night.

Just chilling. Rain and more rain, that made the day feel even cooler. Wind to pick up as the rain starts to leave tomorrow morning.

Hey, PC. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter