Something About Nothing ... #12

images
images
Happy Hump Day! Yep, there are camels that like the cold. Not me, but an even balmier 32 start to the day, at least gives a small smile. Just a quick scrape of the windows, and woot, not much traffic, though the last 2 blocks. People move!

Schumi, I hope the trip home was uneventful, and hope Kyle has recovered from the ick he caught the other day.

I thought the shirt was mostly black. Yeah, when I get in good light, nope, mostly dark purple. It's always hard to determine dark blue, dark purple and black when dressing way before sunrise, sometimes.

With that, have a wonderful day. Friday is coming into focus, and well, it means another week is going by, upload_2018-12-12_6-50-21.jpeg and then it's Christmas!

upload_2018-12-12_6-51-6.jpeg - Cheers- enjoy your tea or coffee, and lots of it.

Schumi
Was hoping you would post by now to let us know you made it back home safely

Hope all is fine for you, Tom and Kyle

Thanks mac........did mean to pop in earlier....

Well, we made it back home and in one piece.........but we all look like extras from the Walking Dead!

Came back to flu........real flu.

Started on the plane and we all felt dreadful........we were all fine in the morning of the day we left.......even Kyle was feeling much better........ but by time we got on the plane we all felt bad, Kyle slept the whole way......

Somehow managed to drive all the way home and then we’ve all been in bed since......

Kyle thankfully is the healthiest of us all, which is good as he’s back at work tomorrow........We won’t be going far....had a grocery shop delivered yesterday and just ordered a full weeks shop to be delivered tomorrow.....

But, we had a fabulous trip.......one really cold day wasn’t too bad.......the rest of the time it was beautiful.......we love the parks this time of year......so lovely and very festive......

Few things we didn’t get to do this time, but this was a short trip............and we do plan to go back next year at the same time.....

But, starting to slightly improve.......flu sucks! Forgot how exhausted it makes you......

I haven’t read the posts I missed while I was away........but, hope everyone’s good.......

Morning morning time
Lynne opened the day for us

Temps are changing and hope all have ten degrees higher than yesterday

Now we have to send the doggies out to find Janet aka Keisha

Was about to post this and saw another homie posted while I was writing

Schumi is here!
Hooray, woot

Oops
They are sickies, oh no

Carole, hang in there and you and Tom rest/sleep as much as you can

Hope you all feel better reql soon!

Morning morning time
Lynne opened the day for us

Temps are changing and hope all have ten degrees higher than yesterday

Now we have to send the doggies out to find Janet aka Keisha

Was about to post this and saw another homie posted while I was writing

Schumi is here!
Hooray, woot

Oops
They are sickies, oh no

Carole, hang in there and you and Tom rest/sleep as much as you can

Hope you all feel better reql soon!

Yep......we honestly look like we’ve been dug up!!

Sleep is good.........

And for the first time I’m not up to date with laundry..........:blush: it’s all washed.......just not ironed nor put away! It’s giving me angst just thinking about it sat in laundry room!

Ack, Sick bay alert for Schumi's house. Real Flu. Oh my, sending lots of mummy dust and well wishes to you all. Glad to hear Kyle is feeling better. Dreadful flight when not feeling well.

Morning Mac. Hope you are feeling better too, and that blood pressure is not out of whack anymore.

Time for lots of tea, sweater on top of sweater. Why so cool inside? Water dispenser is happy, at least. All using the hot tap.

Hey Patty, hope you are feeling good and warm. Woot! A one day count is yours now. Safe travels, my friend. And keep that heat for the second and third week of January, please.

I thought the shirt was mostly black. Yeah, when I get in good light, nope, mostly dark purple. It's always hard to determine dark blue, dark purple and black when dressing way before sunrise, sometimes.

Yep- many times I've mixed the wrong colors and went to work!:eek: and put a shirt on inside out! :laughing:

But, starting to slightly improve.......flu sucks! Forgot how exhausted it makes you......

Hope you all feel better soon!:)

Get-well-soon-02.png

Happy Wednesday all!!

jsbuovykkhfibh7qr5r7.jpg

Hey Patty, hope you are feeling good and warm. Woot! A one day count is yours now. Safe travels, my friend. And keep that heat for the second and third week of January, please.

Thanks, Lynne!! :goodvibes

Yep- hoping that January brings record heat to Orlando! hey- make that record heat for all of us!::yes::

We have two homies heading South tomorrow/soon
Tink and pattyw

Safe travels to all

Thanks, Mac! Plane takes off at 4:25pm tomorrow! Have our Southwest drink coupons all ready to go!:thumbsup2

Boring day at work today. We are still recovering from the snow. B had another day off school today and her winter band concert has been postponed until next Wednesday.

I have to be careful about that now that dh is home on break and is still sleeping when I get ready for work. I hate trying to get dressed in the dark. I try to remember to set out clothes the night before.

Came back to flu........real flu.
So sorry to hear this. Sending get well wishes your way.

Plane takes off at 4:25pm tomorrow!
I wish I could be on that plane too and get away from this snow and cold.

I’m thinking about being crazy and going to the mall this weekend. I have a few more things to buy and then I am done.

Not crazy, Charade. Next week-end will be more crowded.

Yay! Checked airfare and rental, and both went down. More money to fly again in the Spring, I guess. And hey, only a few dollars in the rental drop, every dollar counts. Less than a month now.

I have a few more things to buy and then I am done.

Great news! and a relief to have your shopping done!:thumbsup2

Yay! Checked airfare and rental, and both went down. More money to fly again in the Spring, I guess. And hey, only a few dollars in the rental drop, every dollar counts. Less than a month now.

:cool1: Always wonderful news to save some$$$ - to put towards another trip!:)

Busy night of cleaning up the house and packing! Maybe a burger or taco run on the way home.

34 degrees now- long range forecast shows temps above freezing! Yay! wishing for a green Christmas!

Me too Patty, one with short sleeves on as well. We have had the range. From 50's and clear, to 20's with and without snow or rain.

Safe travels to you too Tink! Have a swim around the pool at CB. Pictures, please. Love the holiday decor that the Dark Side does.

School will be open tomorrow. Yay!! They will be on a 2 hour delay. More good news - mid term exams are cancelled for all classes except for the dual enrolled ones. B only has one exam to worry about.

I love the Sneetch. It kind of makes me think of the Flat Stanley project. Several years ago we hosted a Flat Juliette Gordon Low for a Girl Scout troop. We took her everywhere with us for several weeks. Got some great picture while on vacation.

Oh my gosh @Squirlz LOVE this pics!! Cute Sneetch!!! Does she have an Etsy shop LOL?
Cannot express how grateful I am that this day is over. At least it was 50+degrees and sunny. Will have to hose off patio tomorrow if rain isn't enough-the hens have had free reign and they have left "bombs" all over. Probably doesnt help that ole softy me has been making an oatmeal/scratch mix for them on cold mornings.
Nice to not have to worry about exams for B Charade!
I didn't know icicles could be so brutal on the face :(... but the lights were really pretty:D I hope you can have a couple of more comfortable weeks at your old job. It is such an awful feeling to be like that. Good luck!
Ok the icicles made me laugh! yeah glad today is over.
The roads were very icy
EEK why I dislike winter. Did you have clients show up?

And a cheap one too, as I always try to find the pasta on sale.
Yes I tend to stock up when sales hit. Several months ago Hy-Vee had a sale of $1 per box of pasta plus 1cent off for gas per box. Let's just say-gas was super cheap, and I had pasta for ... oh... quite a while LOL.

Only thing, I forget sometimes, to bring it home. Then a change in dinner plans is usually needed.
I would forget all the time!

and put a shirt on inside out!
Supposed to be good luck! Safe travels and hope it warms up! Been stalking the weather for our trip - even though it will probably change 18 times between now and then!

I have to be careful about that now that dh is home on break and is still sleeping when I get ready for work. I hate trying to get dressed in the dark. I try to remember to set out clothes the night before.
Yeah-now that it is slow for DH for a couple weeks have same issue-my walk in closet is in the bathroom (his is off bedroom-which totally sucks when he has to be the one to get up early-he switched the light switch from outside the door to inside the closet at least) so that helps. But my dresser is in bedroom and I never remember to get my socks the night before!!!

My club party was Monday-the beer we made was really good-at least the 2 varieties that I tried. We made 3 varieties starting with a light, medium IPA, and a porter. Have a 6 pack in fridge for later. Between chili made on sunday, and leftovers haven't had to cook yet. Thinking potato soup I can make in crockpot for tomorrow. The Teen Christmas party we sponsor is tomorrow night, but only really need help with set up so will go do that. Then Hubs club party Friday, friends Bday party on Saturday...

And switched hotel-Hyatt House opened up-was full up the last few weeks I've been checking. No parking fee, breakfast included, and saves about $500 over CBBR, for a 1 bedroom suite. Decided to be fiscally responsible (more $ for future trip), but sad about giving up CBBR. Ah well-next trip! But family will be happier with the space.

Also booked Las Vegas trip for January! Haven't been back to Vegas in a few years so looking forward to hitting up favorites again. Don't actually gamble much, but there is so much to see/do without gambling.

Think it may be early bed for me...

EEK why I dislike winter. Did you have clients show up?
We didn’t have anyone Monday (but one of the therapists came in anyway), but most of the Tuesday and Wednesday clients showed.

Also booked Las Vegas trip for January! Haven't been back to Vegas in a few years so looking forward to hitting up favorites again. Don't actually gamble much, but there is so much to see/do without gambling.

Dh wants to do a Christmas trip to Vegas sometime. I have been there only once, and that was back in 2000 right after I found out I was expecting B. Dh goes every year for a broadcasting convention.

Just popping in to say hi before I try to sleep for a few hours...have to be at the airport for a 6:15 am flight so we leave in 5 hours.

Sorry to hear you all came back with the flu Carole...hope you feel better soon.

Time for bed :cat: good night everyone...sweet dreams.

Squirlz tell Molly she impressed us with that sneetch

If she ever wants a second career, I’m first in line for placing an order

Vicky, have safe travels and enjoy your mother daughter vacation

Don’t forget to pack gloves..

To all the other homies, thinking of you all
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter