Something About Nothing ... #12

I admit Im a little jealous of all you retirees - I think I would be pretty good at being retired- but Im not sure Ill ever get there! !

Retirement is fun
No time schedule and you can eat breakfast food for dinner

But days blend together so I have to use this thread for what day of the week it is.....

And tv shows such as walking dead help me set the day of the week

With that show in the off season, this is my fall back place for day of the week

Well everyone puts up with the chicken talk.

I love the chicken talk so much that I don’t fix chicken anymore

Besides, Guthrie’s, Jax, Bojangles and the other chicken food places are much better than I can fry

I've grown very fond of your chickens, Monyk!! I love reading about all of their adventures!! Joe's very afraid that I'll find a stray chicken that needs rescuing!!

Hugs to Agavegirl.........hope you’re doing ok..........

Cats......why did it have to be cats.......:rotfl:

Got talking to a woman in JFK and she tried to bore us to tears with her cat talk........:faint: got ourselves out of there quickly.........guess we all have stuff that doesn’t interest us.........although Mac you know I think your cats are cute......but generally, not a cat person!

All packed up and waiting to check out..........sitting enjoying last hour in this beautiful suite.........

Had an amazing trip again........a week just isn’t long enough here.......weather has been mostly beautiful, parks busier than we are used to but totally manageable...........loved every second of it.

Sapphire has been amazing and we have been pampered and spoiled beyond belief again. Spent a few mornings at RP Club Lounge for breakfast which was lovely........and have just finished the buffet at Amatista.......met a woman who recognised us and insisted on telling us she spent more time here than us.......gotta love folks that feel it’s a competition :confused3.......told her I was glad to hear she enjoyed it so much.......turns out she lives an hour away.........ok.

But 7 weeks tomorrow we’ll be back home at RP.......and HHN!!! :cheer2:

Flight is around 6.30pm tonight.........8 hours 20 minutes usually going home........and going home to a heatwave is going to be fun :sunny: And see our boy of course..........:hug:

Catch youse later, once jet lag leaves me............:wave2:

I don’t have pets, but I do have two grand dogs Joey and Nala and Oscar my nephew dog.

It’s so nice to hear you all talk about your pets.

Monyk for sure made me think differently about chickens.

Mac has created a great forum for her lovely Sans family here. It is not by at a accident we all have found each other here.

We have grown to be friends, that uplift one another, laugh, talk about our daily lives both good and bad, share their love of their pets, send prayers and hugs when needed, share about our countdown to vacations, and who have a united love of all things Universal :grouphug:

Mac hope the Doc appt goes well today.

Keisha hope your granddaughter is feeling better.

Lynne thanks for the humpty day reminder.

Robo you were right about Stranger things...now I'm addicted and have ordered season 2

::yes:: I’am looking forward to Season 3.

I admit Im a little jealous of all you retirees - I think I would be pretty good at being retired- but Im not sure Ill ever get there!

You will get there.

Update: Charlie is still at my house everyday, which is great! They really need each other. I have confidence they will work it all out!:thumbsup2

:hug:

Safe travels home Schumi

5594A03B-E24D-4FA7-A432-176C3A567696.jpeg

and have just finished the buffet at Amatista..

Their breakfast buffet is yummy with lots of options. We really enjoyed it too. You will be back soon to enjoy more good meals and cocktails. HHN will be just around the corner.

Humpty hump :)

Kiddo back in fine form, need to scoot off to gym to watch her bounce around for a bit. Just got a new floor trick that makes me inhale deeply. I’m a worry-wart.

I expected aPH rates @ U for first week in Oct last wednesday. Checked last night and surprised to see PBH now has joined HRH in being entirely sold out from 4th to 7th. Either people booking way early or it’s going to be seriously slammed this year. Hope not the latter as that time frame has gotten worse every every, expect for the storm one
S.

Agavegirl - hope all went well and you are on your way to a full recovery!

Yep- happy to have great boys, too! They all still want to vacation with us! ...and they promised to find us a good home someday!

:cheer2: Can't wait!!

And sorry about the tummy issues on the little one! Chicken soup is a miracle worker!

Mine promised to put me in a good ‘home’ too. Not of the vacation variety tho lol

Aww, poor GD, Keisha. Smart doggie to hide from that. One of the ewww smells. When ever mine did that, I generally had to find the bathroom, made me sick. Older one had a loose seal on your throat that usually keeps your food down. Nothing like having to clean a bunk bed rails and two mattresses at 10 o’clock at night. Then having to clean up the kid too. He would always go right back to sleep. Thankfully, mostly has outgrown that in his adult body, and he is a very good sleeper.

Made chicken salad sandwiches with pickles and mac and cheese. I am full.

Aww, cat not a show cat, Tgrgrl. Maybe when the kittens get more mobile, you can then move them.

I will never forget the time i was sleeping in a bottom bunk and the person on the top got sick during the night. Talk about feeling unclean. Bleech

Monyk
Tell the husband he can be replaced

I tell Mr Mac that when he buys the wrong bread for me

(He tends to buy the first loaf of bread that is eye level on the rack)

I go for the cheapest lol. Not a fan of what i call bread dough, aka white bread. It all tastes the same to me. Now, a good italian, french, sourdough, wheat or rye...don’t flinch shelling $ out as it’s quality stuff.

Let’s just say the mr doesn’t agree with me. I did grab wonder bread last week, was on special BOGO. Had to howl, both loaves had big air hole running thru them.

Well everyone puts up with the chicken talk...and I love cats, just allergic. Have to build up tolerance and don’t have the time right now to do that.

Happy Wednesday!

I usually had two or three cats at a time. Tended to accumulate unwanted ones, known as a soft touch there. After cuddling them, as long as I didn’t touch my face with my unwashed hand was ok. Otherwise, turned into a miserable mess, eyes bulging out, etc.

It’s been almost a decade since my last cat passed. DS got two earlier this year, I see them often & they crawl all over me without any issue??? They are part Himalayan. No idea if they are prone less to allergic reactions or mine just vanished with time.

Hugs to Agavegirl.........hope you’re doing ok..........

Cats......why did it have to be cats.......:rotfl:

Got talking to a woman in JFK and she tried to bore us to tears with her cat talk........:faint: got ourselves out of there quickly.........guess we all have stuff that doesn’t interest us.........although Mac you know I think your cats are cute......but generally, not a cat person!

All packed up and waiting to check out..........sitting enjoying last hour in this beautiful suite.........

Had an amazing trip again........a week just isn’t long enough here.......weather has been mostly beautiful, parks busier than we are used to but totally manageable...........loved every second of it.

Sapphire has been amazing and we have been pampered and spoiled beyond belief again. Spent a few mornings at RP Club Lounge for breakfast which was lovely........and have just finished the buffet at Amatista.......met a woman who recognised us and insisted on telling us she spent more time here than us.......gotta love folks that feel it’s a competition :confused3.......told her I was glad to hear she enjoyed it so much.......turns out she lives an hour away.........ok.

But 7 weeks tomorrow we’ll be back home at RP.......and HHN!!! :cheer2:

Flight is around 6.30pm tonight.........8 hours 20 minutes usually going home........and going home to a heatwave is going to be fun :sunny: And see our boy of course..........:hug:

Catch youse later, once jet lag leaves me............:wave2:

Why is it your trips seem to fly by so fast? Seems like you just left. Is this your first July trip there? I find it surprising so many decide to visit when it’s so hot & humid, but could be due to work/school obligations I suppose.

Hmmph, silly local. You cross ‘da pond. If she’s keeping count each trip should count X10.

I find myself getting annoyed when I’m asked how many times I’ve vacationed in a year. I usually fluff it off saying “not enough”, just to see the look on their face(s). I’d like to respond MYODM but my momma raised me better. Rarely, does the person asking not have an axe of some sort to grind. It’s different when a close friend/intimate family inquires.

I appreciate being fortunate enough to travel to amazing places. However, I do work within a budget and diligently save-up for my play time. It helps to have an indulgent DH :). Many of my family & friends are in hock up to their eyeballs with their ostentatious discretionary spending but still consistently boo-hoo they can’t afford a nice vacation.

HAHahhahahahha

Joe might be afraid you will adopt a chicken

hahahahaha

I’m howling over what you said as I sit in the doctors waiting room now

I think there's a neon sign over our house only animals can see that says "Come here if you need a home! She can't say no!"

So if there's a chicken in need within walking distance, she'll find her way here!

and have just finished the buffet at Amatista
Yum! We loved their buffet!

We have grown to be friends, that uplift one another, laugh, talk about our daily lives both good and bad, share their love of their pets, send prayers and hugs when needed, share about our countdown to vacations, and who have a united love of all things Universal :grouphug:

Robo- beautifully said!

I usually had two or three cats at a time. Tended to accumulate unwanted ones, known as a soft touch there.

Very sweet!

Good Morning!

Running a little late this morning - and really feel like I havent accomplished much...

Anyway- for all you cat lovers- there is a cat cafe that is going to open near me. They will be part homeless shelter part coffee shop. You can hang out with adoptable kitties and drink coffee. If I was not really allergic to cats- my house would be full of them.

You'se peeps are really quite amazing. So warm, funny, welcoming and sincere. You sense of community and friendship is truly inspiring to me, and I am forever grateful for the warm welcoming I have received. I get a little emotional saying that- but truly you are all the best.

:grouphug:

Keisha yup the deluxe hotels are pretty much filled for that part of October early to mid month

Rpr has been full for over 3 weeks ago

Remember I am couch surfing my last night there
Lol

Since I have an early morning flight, not really an issue for me

Robbie, are you doing better and improved since your surgery?
Rest up as you can as hhn is calling our name

Is your husband doing better also?
Still have you both in my prayers

Wednesday/Wendy we are sending hugs to you
Now they are not bear type of hugs but just baby hugs to let you know you are thought of

Schumi, not long until you fly out....and then back again...
And with Kyle joining youse!

Pattyw, such a shame you have to work
But nice you still get to come and play with us during the day here

Keisha, so anymore trips before you head south in September ?

I need to go back and reread to see who I missed here on morning roll call

Good Morning!

You'se peeps are really quite amazing. So warm, funny, welcoming and sincere. You sense of community and friendship is truly inspiring to me, and I am forever grateful for the warm welcoming I have received. I get a little emotional saying that- but truly you are all the best.

:grouphug:

Well, we think you are pretty cool too!

Glad you jumped in and joined us here
It seems like you have been with us always!

I always have said once you post in the sans thread you will always be a homie like us

We might not always agree on things but we have your back if ever in a pickle

Once Schumi returns home I will be starting volume 14 of the thread

I’ll close this one out and try to link it to the new one
I’ll give advance notice when I do it

We don’t want to risk losing anyone after the move

Damo usually pops in each time we change houses so hope to see her then

We are missing some homies
Chuckers, tinyD, etc

Hope they are still reading along

Been a difficult past year with doctors and hospitals and seems like the cycle is happening again

I absolutely hate blood draws....I’m such a wimp with needles

But so looking forward to vacation this September and hope to see all the homies I can while in Disney and universal

Ckmiles- I've heard of cat cafes! We don't have any near me! I'd love to go to one! I could probably open my own at my house!!

I agree with everyone else that you guys here are SPECIAL:flower3: And you make me feel special! Words cannot express how appreciative I am for that! My life has been so busy and crazy I feel like I'm losing my mind some days. But, I take a few minutes out at work or home to come here and I feel great! Even though we come from different places and have different interests, we get each other!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!:rose:

Ok now I'm crying at my desk and my phone is ringing!

upload_2018-7-25_12-16-22.jpeg

Hehe, MonyK grows cats. Us too, I am a cat lover, but with family allergic to cat dander, I really enjoy seeing and hearing about other cats.

Aw, Mac, hope your doctor's visit went fast, and blood drawn quickly. I guess I never had a good blood drawing nurse, I bruise every time. Sending mummy dust.

Hi CK, nice to see ya here.

Patty, good to see ya too, and we have lots of rescue places here, just sayin'. So kind of you though.

Keisha, good thing kids bounce back so fast. Glad to hear GD on the mend, and bouncing around. I will say 15 or so years of gymnastics, and little one is still pretty limber. Good for kids to be flexible and have fun.

Safe flight home, Schumi. Nice you will be back in September. I had to correct safe flight, wrote safe fright. LOL Fitting for Schumi, no? :D

Well, the lunchtime walk went from a light rain, to bright sun, to gray. Free water ice at the end, was lovely.

Back to wearing my sweater.

upload_2018-7-25_12-15-57.jpeg.

:wave2: Sans family... Just reminds me of my beloved parks!

8674575630_571f7cf9b4_m.jpg

I hope everyone has a great day! We are still having our rain spell here. This weather is so not motivating me.:sad2:

The teens spent all day bingeing an anime called "Attack on Titan" I have also seen this. Charlie is watching it for the first time so he can catch up and join us with the new season. If someone told me at 50 years old I would be watching Japenese animation I would have said they are crazy.:D Chinese food was good for dinner now today I have the squad over and they are requesting Pasta and Broccoli. It's off to the store to shop. The one nice things is these teens like to help me cook and clean up so it helps.

Lynne G. Believe it or not I am allergic to cats and many other animals. I start sneezing in other peoples homes but I have built up a tolerance to mine.:woohoo: I feel bad for people who love animals but are allergic and can't have them.

Schumigirl- Have a safe flight home:goodvibes

Ckmiles and pattyw - I have heard about these cafes and I know there is one in New York City somewhere. I would love to go there. I probably wouldn't leave alone though.:laughing: Thank goodness Brian loves animals as much as me:hug:. Otherwise me and the fur babies would be out.

Agavegirl- Hope your are recovering good. Sending positive thoughts:goodvibes

Robo56- I am so happy to hear you have grand pets. I think that is amazing to feel that way about your children's pets. I am sure they enjoy it:D I hope your husband is still having a great recovery. Thank you for the hugs:goodvibes

Keishashadow- Glad to hear the little one is better. :thumbsup2

Monykalyn- I love hearing about your chickens. In fact I love to hear about all pets people have. I am a firm believer that no matter what pet you have they can bring great happiness and good health to you. :)

Tgrgrl- you didn't push any number over the edge. It's all good for what you love in this life.:goodvibes I have to add to the other posts that this is a great group of people who welcome people in to this family. In the short time I can tell how everyone cares about one another and has formed a great family. I know and agree people have different views and opinions about things and I agree that in the end every family has everyone's back.

Macraven Thank you once again for starting this thread and also being such a great moderator.:thumbsup2:D I run into some awful sites with mean moderators and posters. You are awesome as well as everyone here. I am not retired but I don't work right now. Olivia has a lot of needs that interferes with a job for the time being. I kind of have a life style right now that makes the days run together. I look forward to being able to go back to work at least part time some day. I would love to join your FB group or any others on with cat people. I am known as the "crazy cat lady" around here.:rotfl: I don't mind it makes me feel good :goodvibes. I would love to see your pics!

tink1957 lol that it makes you tired and then hungry again. For me it makes me thirsty, which means lots of water, which means at my age lots of night trips to the bathroom:sad2:but it is worth it:)

I just want to add to the sentiments of everyone that I am so glad that I found this family and love having a go to place to share. :thanks: everyone for being you:grouphug:

Patty, good to see ya too, and we have lots of rescue places here, just sayin'. So kind of you though.

:flower3:

Thank goodness Brian loves animals as much as me:hug:. Otherwise me and the fur babies would be out.

Same here! Joe shares my love for animals! He is a gem!

Macraven Thank you once again for starting this thread and also being such a great moderator.:thumbsup2:D I run into some awful sites with mean moderators and posters. You are awesome as well as everyone here.
:thumbsup2

I am not retired but I don't work right now. Olivia has a lot of needs that interferes with a job for the time being

Being a mom is the most important job any of us can do! Olivia is truly blessed to have you and Brian!

I would love to join your FB group or any others on with cat people. I am known as the "crazy cat lady" around here.:rotfl: I don't mind it makes me feel good :goodvibes. I would love to see your pics!

I'm in, too!! Fellow crazy cat lady here, Bobbie!!:cat:
upload_2018-7-25_14-45-59.jpeg

Troy just sent me this! His DCP graduation!! He's worked hard and had a great time! But I'm so glad he's coming home soon!!
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Ckmiles- I've heard of cat cafes! We don't have any near me! I'd love to go to one! I could probably open my own at my house!!

I agree with everyone else that you guys here are SPECIAL:flower3: And you make me feel special! Words cannot express how appreciative I am for that! My life has been so busy and crazy I feel like I'm losing my mind some days. But, I take a few minutes out at work or home to come here and I feel great! Even though we come from different places and have different interests, we get each other!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!:rose:

Ok now I'm crying at my desk and my phone is ringing!

Now if you do open up a cat house, I’ll come help!

I’m an expert on cleaning the litter boxes

Wait
Cat house ....I should restate it and say, cat cafe

That will help you not get calls at 3 am in the morning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter