Some Wonder questions...

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
Just booked our first Disney cruise on Wonder for 2020 for grandkids and us. It's a 4-night cruise.

I debated on booking concierge cabins but just couldn't do it. So we went with two connecting family verandah cabins. I had read that with concierge, bookings would be made for us but now I'll need to do that on my own. So what activities can be booked in advance? I'm used to booking dining at FP at WDW so if bookings can be made online that shouldn't be a problem.

What shows are on the Wonder on a 4-night cruise?

Since this is your first Disney cruise, you will be able to do your online booking at the DCL website 60 days before sailing. Based on availability, you will be able to book Disney excursions, specialty adults only dining, spa treatments, tastings, and ticketed events on board. A lot of these may fill up before the first time cruisers can book, but don't give up on them. DCL holds some back some spots for people to book at boarding.

Other than those in concierge cabins, who is able to book events prior to 60 days in advance?

Silvers are actually able to book activities at 90 days in advance. Per the table below Gold and Platinum Castaway members are able to book activities earlier than Silvers

Oh that makes sense. So is it likely I won't be able to book anything at all at 60 days out even if I'm on it right when the booking opens for me?

This was originally why I had a hold on concierge cabins but the price difference was $3000 more than the exact same size cabins that are non-concierge. We wouldn't drink that many "free drinks" LOL. So the benefit I saw was the early booking but I just couldn't spend the money.

I thought first time cruisers book at 75 days? That's what I remember from our first cruise in 2016. Our first cruise was a 7 nt. on the Wonder to Alaska. (You become Silver after your first cruise.) We had no problems booking the 2 character meet and greets (Frozen and Princess Gathering) and got the port adventure we wanted. There were only a couple of port adventures sold out by the time we were able to book. (7 nt cruises also have a free character breakfast and we had no trouble getting that as well.)

At 75 days out, you'll do your online check in, choose your PAT (port arrival time); can book the free ticketed meet and greets; book the upcharge adult restaurants; book spa treatments; book DCL port adventures; and book drink tastings.

I would not bother getting the concierge cabins for that cost. I think you'll be able to get any port adventures you want, but drink tastings and maybe the upcharge restaurants will be full.

The Wonder 4 nt will have their 3 'broadway' style shows--Frozen, Golden Mickeys, and Dreams. The 4th night will either have an entertainer (like a magician) or a recent Disney movie.

You should also have a Pirate night (with fireworks) on deck one evening.

Oh that makes sense. So is it likely I won't be able to book anything at all at 60 days out even if I'm on it right when the booking opens for me?

This was originally why I had a hold on concierge cabins but the price difference was $3000 more than the exact same size cabins that are non-concierge. We wouldn't drink that many "free drinks" LOL. So the benefit I saw was the early booking but I just couldn't spend the money.

Our first cruise was also a 4-night on the Wonder! You will have a fantastic time with the grand-kids, my only compliant is that it was too short! The tastings and most activities did fill up before we were able to do the on-line check-in at 60 days out. However, we were able to book everything we wanted, except one tasting) on board! So don't fret! I would say the most important thing is to check-in online right at the 60-day mark in order to get the earliest possible Port Arrival Time...this ensures you can get on the ship and signed up for these extras. Have a great cruise!

Yes, thanks for the reminder on booking at 75 days...it shows on our cruise plans that booking for our activities begins 9-13-20 and the cruise is 75 days later.

I thought first time cruisers book at 75 days? That's what I remember from our first cruise in 2016. Our first cruise was a 7 nt. on the Wonder to Alaska. (You become Silver after your first cruise.) We had no problems booking the 2 character meet and greets (Frozen and Princess Gathering) and got the port adventure we wanted. There were only a couple of port adventures sold out by the time we were able to book. (7 nt cruises also have a free character breakfast and we had no trouble getting that as well.)

At 75 days out, you'll do your online check in, choose your PAT (port arrival time); can book the free ticketed meet and greets; book the upcharge adult restaurants; book spa treatments; book DCL port adventures; and book drink tastings.

I would not bother getting the concierge cabins for that cost. I think you'll be able to get any port adventures you want, but drink tastings and maybe the upcharge restaurants will be full.

Our first cruise was also a 4-night on the Wonder! You will have a fantastic time with the grand-kids, my only compliant is that it was too short! The tastings and most activities did fill up before we were able to do the on-line check-in at 60 days out. However, we were able to book everything we wanted, except one tasting) on board! So don't fret! I would say the most important thing is to check-in online right at the 60-day mark in order to get the earliest possible Port Arrival Time...this ensures you can get on the ship and signed up for these extras. Have a great cruise!

So checking in right at our mark - which looks to be at 75 days since it's our first cruise - is check in right at midnight or what time? Website does not day. I have the WDW times memorized for dining and FP:) But I can't find where it says the exact check in time.

For first time cruisers it’s 75 days prior to your cruise.
It opens at 12:01am ET.
But you can login at 8pm the evening your booking window opens and fill out all your travel information and pick your Port Arrival Time.
At 12:01am you can book excursions, Princess and Frozen meet and greets. These are the only two character meets that require a reservation. There are lots of other each day that don’t require a reservation. But if you have a Frozen fan in your group reservations are the only way for meet and greets. If all the reservations are full keep checking they sometimes add more the week before the cruise. If you’re still not able to get a reservation go to the Port Adventures Desk the day you board they hold a limited number of tickets back

You don’t need reservations for the shows. If you have early dining 5:45 you’ll see the late show 8:30.
Late dining 8:15 you’ll see the early show 6:00 (the shows may sometimes vary by 15 minutes).
The theater opens 30 minutes prior to the show. Unless you want to sit in the first few rows front and center you don’t need to be there at opening.
All seats are good. You should get there 15 minutes before. Disney requests no seat saving.
These are the shows on the Wonder. On a 4 day cruise you will have a guest performer usually a magician or juggler
5F41E5FC-002A-46B0-9871-C8654B4810B9.png

Last edited:
So checking in right at our mark - which looks to be at 75 days since it's our first cruise - is check in right at midnight or what time? Website does not day. I have the WDW times memorized for dining and FP:) But I can't find where it says the exact check in time.
I meant 75 days! i mixed some WDW with DCL there. Yes, midnight Eastern time.

Just a heads up that although online check-in OFFICIALLY opens at midnight, the system regularly opens up and allows people to check in a few hours earlier. The check-in process involves setting up your onboard payment info, selecting a Port Arrival Time and printing a Port Arrival Form.

The booking system for port adventures and onboard activities does strictly open at midnight, the link may appear at the same time as that for online check-in, but usually doesn't actually do anything. That means if you do your check-in "early", you're still stuck waiting an hour or two for activities to open - but it can be worth it depending on how much your Port Arrival Time means to you.

Things that require advance reservations on a 4 day Wonder Cruise
Port Arrival Time
Excursions
Adult Dining
Adult Beverage Tastings
Princess Meet and Greets
Frozen Meet and Greets
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
That’s all I can think of right now.
Anyone else want to add anything??

Just a heads up that although online check-in OFFICIALLY opens at midnight, the system regularly opens up and allows people to check in a few hours earlier. The check-in process involves setting up your onboard payment info, selecting a Port Arrival Time and printing a Port Arrival Form.

So just to be sure I have this correct...my booking date shows as September 13, 2020 on my reservation. I have two cabins reserved - one in my name and one in my son's name for his family. Both reservations are in my account. So will we both need to log in at 12:01 am on September 13th (or check a few hours earlier the evening of the 12th).

OR can I take care of this for both of us...just would need to do consecutively or on two computers?

So just to be sure I have this correct...my booking date shows as September 13, 2020 on my reservation. I have two cabins reserved - one in my name and one in my son's name for his family. Both reservations are in my account. So will we both need to log in at 12:01 am on September 13th (or check a few hours earlier the evening of the 12th).

OR can I take care of this for both of us...just would need to do consecutively or on two computers?
Each reservation must do it's own online check in. Excursion bookings can be handled by only one reservation AS LONG AS BOTH RESERVATIONS ARE LINKED, and have the same checkin window.

Make sure your reservations are linked. You can check in for both cabins. You’ll need reservations numbers, birth dates and a credit card number for your son’s cabin if he’s going to pay for charges to his cabin.
You will be able to book all excursions and activities at the same time.
**Port Arrival Time needs to be booked separately for each cabin but as said before you can do this at 8pm the evening your booking window opens

Are you reservations linked? In my experience:
Cruise1: Booked and paid for parents and my family staterooms. Reservations are linked and all under my "control" I did all pre-boarding online stuff, check-in and reservations
Cruise2: Same group going, but we all booked our own rooms. Our reservations are linked. I was able to reserve all meet and greets, excursions etc for EVERYONE but couldn't do the pre-arrival stuff for them.

One computer is plenty, but two monitors if you want to look really cool while doing so. As long as your reservations are linked, if you both fill out the arrival paperwork the night before, just one person can handle the 12:01am bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter