Some small POTC and Autopia updates + park pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Very tired so this will be brief.

POTC:
The organ is missing, presumably out for refurb.
The cannons on Barbossa's ship have been down lately except for one. They're now back up to their full fighting capacity of four :-).
The fog near the same has been MIA for several weeks.

Autopia's exit path has been reconfigured. Pics below. Looks like it was a good choice.

I was the first in the park today. Immediately below that is the same shot but taken at about 2:00 in the afternoon. It's kind of fun to compare them.

I would have been first on PP. Indeed, I arrived first and got all the way to the loading area in first place. However, the guy immediately behind me had his young daughter with him (seven or eight) so I let them take my first-place spot.

The side paths to FL are still open. In about a month, we'll no longer need to worry about them, since the castle refurb is expected to be completed by then.

I broke 2M on both guns at around 9:15 this morning but the scores didn't come through. Disappointing. I did break 2M later.

Although the park wasn't especially crowded -- attendance was average -- when I left at about 3:20, CMs channeled us through a backstage corridor the the park exit (pics below).

UPDATE:
the three sets of maps that I offered have been claimed and I have no more. However, I'll likely grab more next week. For the three people that responded, your maps will go in the mail in the next hour.

Now. Pics :-).

thumbnail_IMG_9662.jpg

Main Street mere moments after the park opened.
thumbnail_IMG_9664.jpg

The same early in the afternoon.
thumbnail_IMG_9713.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9666.jpg

Tomorrowland a few minutes before rope drop.
thumbnail_IMG_9667.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9672.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9684.jpg

The new Autopia exit path.
thumbnail_IMG_9715.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9717.jpg

Last edited:
thumbnail_IMG_9699.jpg

I did well in this game, however earlier in the day I managed to break 2M on both guns. Unfortunately, only the picture came through. No score >:-(. Then of course later in the day I broke 2M on one gun and 1M on the other. The score came through but no pic. Presumably you're all willing to take me at my word? Yes? Good and thank you!
thumbnail_IMG_9709 - Copy.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9719.jpg

Leaving the park via a backstage channel behind Coca-Cola Corner, Gibson Girl, etc.
thumbnail_IMG_9720.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9724.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9725.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9730.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9731.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9732.jpg

Last edited:
Huh, I didn't know there was a backstage corridor behind that side of Main Street that they utilized for guests sometimes, although I've been down the one on the other side. Interesting to be reminded that it backs up to Jungle Cruise, weird to see the "garage" for the boats. Thanks as always for the updates and the pics!

Thanks for the pics - has me really excited for our first trip to DL this fall! But man, even with the scrim that castle is tiny!

How on earth do you get such high scores on Buzz while using both ray-guns?

How on earth do you get such high scores on Buzz while using both ray-guns?
In the cases where I break 1M on both guns, that happens because I've scored right around 2M on the first gun and then stop firing with it and pick up the second. As you may know, scores that exceed ≈ 2,096,000 are reset. I accidentally go over about once per trip. It's a definite annoyance.

In the cases where I break 1M on both guns, that happens because I've scored right around 2M on the first gun and then stop firing with it and pick up the second. As you may know, scores that exceed ≈ 2,096,000 are reset. I accidentally go over about once per trip. It's a definite annoyance.

Holy crap!

How is this possible?!?!?!? I love your photos. Thank you for your weekly updates.

Are you planning to be at Disneyland and/or Galaxy's Edge during opening weekend?

Thanks and my pleasure.

I'll be at DL that weekend but probably won't even attempt SWLand for a month or so. Apparently reservations open on Thursday and I'll see how that works out. I'm in no real hurry. I'll get there when I get there :-). Several of my friends feel the same, although one has reservations at a DL hotel, which allows him SWL reservations, which I believe he already has.

Great pictures! I just noticed in your signature that you've been to Disneyland Paris. I have the opportunity to travel to the U.K. with my university and we have some free time over a weekend and some of us were discussing going to Disneyland Paris. Do you feel it's worth it to go to DLP for a short day trip?

Enjoy reading your posts and seeing your pics. It has helped us to get excited for our trip which is just a few days away now. Sunday will be our first park day and we will be in line bright and early. It’s been over 20 years since our last visit, so very long overdue.

I gotta hand it to you. You put in the effort to be first at the gate and at the lines. That's some early morning stuff. What's your secret???

Great pictures! I just noticed in your signature that you've been to Disneyland Paris. I have the opportunity to travel to the U.K. with my university and we have some free time over a weekend and some of us were discussing going to Disneyland Paris. Do you feel it's worth it to go to DLP for a short day trip?
Absolutely! In Europe, you can often find cheap flights to other Euro destinations. I've been to 30+ countries and always do it cheaply in part because I stay in hostels. There's a great one in Paris called St. Christopher's. It should run about €20 per night, which includes breakfast (or did when I stayed there). It's super clean and easy to get to. So by all means -- go for it!! In some hostels, you can request an all-female dorm. Not sure abut SC.

Enjoy reading your posts and seeing your pics. It has helped us to get excited for our trip which is just a few days away now. Sunday will be our first park day and we will be in line bright and early. It’s been over 20 years since our last visit, so very long overdue.
Wow! Hope you have a great time. Look for me at the front of the rope to the right of the hub. Please feel free to say hello :-). Many from the board to.

I gotta hand it to you. You put in the effort to be first at the gate and at the lines. That's some early morning stuff. What's your secret???
No secret, really. Simply arrive early, walk "with intention" and move to block runners when you hear them approach ;-). It's never a bad idea to have another friend "run interference" ;-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter