Some people ARE worth melting for ….. 40 Disney days – the trip of a lifetime updated October 10

Fabulous Plans !! I am excited about all my trips this year too!! Carol & I are also planning a couple of just us trips this summer too. We want to go back to Amish country and also to the Windmill ! I am having so much fun being a Great Grandma , as long as I can give him back when I get tired !!! He is a very active little boy !!!

I'm so glad you are back and finishing this TR! And great news on the plans for 2017 and 2018. When are you at WDW this year again? I know we're missing each other by a bit in August but we'll be back Sept 2nd just for a weekend to go to Universal. Hopeful our paths will cross one day!

Too funny about the American foods. I guess chemicals are the new norm, unfortunately. :sick:Good thing he dumped thst cereal.
your plans look great! I'm thinking I need a trip to plan. I can't believe we are back from Aulani with nothing planned. :beach:

All caught up again, you took a break and then I took a break. Glad we are both back now! :thumbsup2 That is great to see all your plans come together!! Sounds like you have some awesome trips coming up, can't wait to follow along :goodvibes

party: party: party: party: party:

I loved reading about those plans!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I love them even more now that I know you are cruising with us! :hyper:

Glad you were able to work things out ok with your Dream cruise and still have an extended balcony, those are so nice!

And we changed things around again - we no longer are in the extended verandah stateroom - I was not happy with deck 6, so when I saw that our original stateroom was again up for grabs, I jumped on the opportunity and we are back to deck 10! :rotfl2:We need to be paid in full by the end of the month, so I hope that puts a stop to changing things around.

Your morning at HS looks so fun, those are two of our favorite rides. The Brown Derby looks super yummy again popcorn:: as does the Goober jelly/PB combo popcorn::

Good to know about the rides - we will have lots of fun this summer. ::yes:: we loved the Brown Derby lounge - just the perfect place to enjoy a drink, nibble on something yummy and people watch.

Wow that is so exciting!!!

Thank you, yes it is! Two years of exciting vacations ahead and plans are coming together nicely. :goodvibes

Yay!!! Enjoy your cruise, all!!!!

Thank you, Kimberly. We are so looking forward to it.

how fun!!!!

Thank you, Jen!

It cracked me up that you guys had tried all the "American" foods. I'll admit I've never tried Apple Jacks or that PB&J, but I don't like PB&J, never have.

There are so many different things we can't get here, so we just like to try. Many are only a one time thing, but we have found some amazing foods that way. Apple Jacks are not one of them though. :rotfl2:

I do love those cinnamon rolls, but we always made them in a round cake pan.

That's a great idea! Thank you. We will definitely try that again if we book a one bedroom again. :thumbsup2

How great that you are doing another cruise on the Fantasy and that you're doing it with Pam and her Mom! I can't wait to start planning again!

It is going to be a lot of fun - any chance we can talk you and Fran into joining us?

Welcome back! Glad to hear about your upcoming trips too!

Thank you! Plans are coming together nicely. :goodvibes

Ugh, AppleJacks, not a fan. Tom did the smart thing. Taste and dump.

We are not fans either - but we can say we tried them. :rotfl:

I love trying new foods/wines when we travel but have no problem chunking an item if I do not like it.

:thumbsup2

How utterly awesome, cruising again with Pam and her mum!

We are so excited that we will be able to spend more time together. We had so much fun with them on our Panama Canal Cruise.

Fabulous Plans !! I am excited about all my trips this year too!! Carol & I are also planning a couple of just us trips this summer too. We want to go back to Amish country and also to the Windmill !

These are some great trips, Rosie! I hope you'll post some photos.

I am having so much fun being a Great Grandma , as long as I can give him back when I get tired !!! He is a very active little boy !!!

He is a cutie! But it still is so unbelievable that you are a Great Grandma. :hug:

It is going to be a lot of fun - any chance we can talk you and Fran into joining us?

Send me your dates. If nothing else I can look it up. Normally we have to book on opening day, first for price, but also because the accessible rooms sell out fast.

Your plans look great! And how fun that you will be sailing with Pam and her mother again :)

Thank you! Yes, we are so looking forward to sail with them again and to meet them and some more friends again.

I'm so glad you are back and finishing this TR! And great news on the plans for 2017 and 2018.

Somehow it is getting harder to find the time for fun things like DIS trip reports, but I am trying my best to get more updates done. I will definitely try to finish it! There are so many awesome things that happened that I really want to share it with you all.

When are you at WDW this year again? I know we're missing each other by a bit in August but we'll be back Sept 2nd just for a weekend to go to Universal. Hopeful our paths will cross one day!

We'll arrive on Aug 22 and go on board the Dream on the 28th. We'll return on Sept 1 and will stay until the 9th. I guess we will miss you at the beginning of our trip by 2 days. Maybe we can work something out for your Universal weekend.

Yet another thread I am all caught up on!!

Good to know, Rosie! I am trying to update more this weekend! :thumbsup2

Too funny about the American foods. I guess chemicals are the new norm, unfortunately. :sick:Good thing he dumped thst cereal.

We love to try new things - now we can say we tried. Just a shame we did not like it. ;)

your plans look great! I'm thinking I need a trip to plan. I can't believe we are back from Aulani with nothing planned. :beach:

Thank you! And YES, you should definitely start planning something new. If you are just a little bit like me you always need to have something on the horizon.

All caught up again, you took a break and then I took a break. Glad we are both back now! :thumbsup2

Glad we are both back - now I can get updates done again. ;) :rotfl2:

That is great to see all your plans come together!! Sounds like you have some awesome trips coming up, can't wait to follow along :goodvibes

We just returned from a very relaxing short trip to Italy. And we have a great summer vacation coming up - and I am really looking forward to 2018's cruise. This should be so much fun.

[QUOTE="dizneeat, post: 57441128, member: ]
Thank you! And YES, you should definitely start planning something new. If you are just a little bit like me you always need to have something on the horizon.[/QUOTE]

So true!:thumbsup2 I'm going through a merger at work, waiting to see what my income will be, and then I can plan. Thinking a Dream cruise and a few park days next Sept 2018 for our anniversary.

So true!:thumbsup2 I'm going through a merger at work, waiting to see what my income will be, and then I can plan. Thinking a Dream cruise and a few park days next Sept 2018 for our anniversary.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out with the merger and you'll get a nice raise. ::yes:: Your plans of a Dream cruise and park days sound really nice! Hope it all works out so you'll have a great anniversary. Would you bring the kids and grandkids as well?

i-65sPjvk-XL.jpg

Day 13, August 15

Goodbye Main Street Electrical Parade - Part 2

When we had finally finished our lunch we checked the app for wait times, but the ones for the rides we were interested in were far too long, so I checked what was available for tonight at the Magic Kingdom.
We were surprised to see a FastPass for Space Mountain, a ride that we had not ridden in a long time, as it gets harder and harder for us to climb in and out of the ride vehicle and it is an especially bumpy ride. But we were happy with the FastPass we had and proceeded towards the exit, but not without a stroll through the shops and while we did so, we found a few souvenirs that we picked up. And then we walked over to the bus stop.
Unfortunately today we did not have as much luck with the buses as we did when we had been to the Star Wars Fireworks as we waited for quite some time until a bus arrived and then there was a woman on a scooter who had to be loaded first. She had such a hard time to get on the bus and then position her scooter correctly, we all were worried for her and the safety of the driver as she tried. The people with her helped her into a seat and then we were allowed to board. Again, the drive to Old Key West was short and sweet, but since our stop was the last but one it took quite some time to get to our stop and the poor woman had to get her scooter off the bus too. It looked pretty scary and we were happy to see her safely on the sidewalk. Then it was our time to get off and we just walked the few steps to our villa and crashed on the couch.
Later, Tom took a dip in the Jacuzzi while I went on to do some more packing. Around 4pm we headed over to the Quiet Pool. The skies were a bit grey, so the pool was emptier than usual. It was really relaxing to drift in the pool, then swim across and do some more drifting. And then we headed over to the Hot Tub to soak a little. We spent about 90 minutes changing from pool to pool and sit on a lounger for a while.
Around 6pm we were back in our villa, had a picnic style dinner and some wine and then we walked over to the bus stop again in hope that we would not have to wait for a bus for too long.
This time we had better luck with the wait time, but this time the bus was full and our park of choice further away. It was hard to hold on and keep your balance but finally we reached the Magic Kingdom bus stop and got off the bus. Unfortunately a ferry had just arrived as well, so we were stuck at security for a while, but once we were through getting into the park was a breeze.

i-2xzftHD-M.jpg

Since we had our FastPass we headed right over to Tomorrowland

i-mHQppKk-M.jpg

and towards Space Mountain.

i-NMGqXQm-M.jpg

And were shocked to see the standby wait time, it was 85 minutes.

i-Wxcmrs2-M.jpg

We passed a lot of people in the standby line and very quickly made it to the second check point. There we joined the line, which moved relatively fast and we were organized into teams. Tom and I had the last two seats on our ride vehicle. When it was our turn we climbed in and off we went. The ride was even more bumpy and jerky than I had remembered it, and even though it was fun I could feel my back and hit my elbow and knees a few times. Worst thing is getting out of those ride vehicles and giggling while trying to get out didn’t help either.
When we both were finally out of our seats Tom complained about his hurt knee as he had bumped it too and then needed to put pressure on it to get out of the vehicle. He limped for quite a while afterwards. Space Mountain off the list I tried the app again, trying to figure out if there was another FastPass to find and while I was looking around a FastPass for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train popped up.
Needless to say that we grabbed it.
After we had gotten off Space Mountain we used the pathway behind the Speedway to walk to Fantasyland. It had never occurred to us, but there were so many smokers sitting on the railings. We were pretty happy once we had made it to the big tent. Tom took a few photos of the travelbug we were carrying around with its “big” brother

i-JJ7TbsP-M.jpg

i-nRTRGMZ-M.jpg

i-8XGwwNC-L.jpg

and then we just walked around a bit. We had some time to kill before the Main Street Electrical Parade was about to start, there were no rides we wanted to do with a short line, so we decided to have a snack instead.

i-M2mQgwG-M.jpg

We headed to Pinocchio’s Village House. There was a lot of empty seating and after ordering and picking up our food we were lucky enough to score one of tables above It’s a Small World. We sat down, took photos of the food and then enjoyed the

i-Qnmskkg-M.jpg

Caprese Flatbread and a

i-sWLdjNB-M.jpg

Caesar Side Salad, which we shared. And after we had finished we walked outside and went in search of a spot from where to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade.

i-N5sJ3Zv-M.jpg

When we had first arrived it had been announced that the Main Street Electrical Parade was to end soon, so we wanted to at least see the full parade one more time. We walked up towards the end of the parade route and we really found a spot close to the front where we stopped and got ready for the parade. We people watched and when a photopass photographer came along with an Electrical Parade sign we needed to get our photo taken.

i-3nLNSL2-M.jpg

Shortly after the parade music started and we all watched the floats and dancers and characters go by.

i-DWnqZsx-L.jpg

i-tVFgHZL-M.jpg

i-K7W3gbs-M.jpg

i-MMq5R87-M.jpg

i-DHnxCXH-M.jpg

i-ghvr6G5-M.jpg

i-3RntvZF-M.jpg

i-WKfjgRq-M.jpg

i-9PJJFVt-M.jpg

i-5fHXc2K-M.jpg

i-jb7JKFQ-M.jpg

i-MMWRc4P-M.jpg

i-kf67PH9-M.jpg

i-dZJkMsw-M.jpg

We first saw the Main Street Electrical Parade in Disneyland and we fell in love with it and have always enjoyed watching it, even though we sometimes only stayed for part of it, it always had a special place in our hearts and to see it one last time before it goes away made it bittersweet. We waited for a while when the parade was over until part of the crowds had subsided.

To be continued ....

Last edited:
i-65sPjvk-XL.jpg

Day 13, August 15

Goodbye Main Street Electrical Parade - Part 3

We waited for a while when the parade was over until part of the crowds had subsided.
We walked over to Pirates of the Caribbean and it only had a 10 minute wait, so we walked right in.

i-gQKJW8V-M.jpg

It took a bit of time until we got on board but we got a bench to ourselves and soon sailed to see the pirates. When we got off we could see the fireworks go off behind The Flying Carpets and we stopped and watched for a few minutes,

i-kmzQ4S9-M.jpg

i-7ZJtLtr-M.jpg

i-VgGF39z-M.jpg

but you could not hear the music very well, so we moved on, but not too far.
Why not try the Jungle Cruise at night?
We walked down to the ride entrance and yip, another walk on. It is always fun to ride the Jungle Cruise at night and this night was no exception. The skipper cracked a lot of old and new jokes and our expedition on the jungle rivers was over before we knew it.
We still had time before our next FastPass of the day, so we walked towards the hub

i-T8xsxP8-L.jpg

i-MQb4dzn-M.jpg

where we decided to head over to our favourite ride, the Peoplemover.

i-WSGvSQR-M.jpg

There was a short line, but we soon went up the escalator and were seated in our little vehicle. We were doing fine as long as we were riding around the outside and had a view of the park, but as soon as we moved inside Space Mountain we both had a hard time keeping our eyes open.
So it was decided there and then that once we had been on the next ride, we would leave the park and return back to Old Key West. When the ride was over we got off, walked through the stores to kill a few more minutes and then it was time to head to the last ride of the evening, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

i-F7K2xk5-M.jpg

As always there were still a lot of guests in the area and you could see that there were a lot of people in the regular line. When we got close to the entrance we could see that there was still a 65 minute wait. Thank god for FastPass. We scanned our Magicbands and walked down the short path to the FastPass entrance. And within a minute or two we were in the last part of the line and were assigned a row. The next train came in, we got in and off we went. It is such a fun ride, but far too short.
Once we were back we got off and slowly walked out of the park.

i-fD2KKsz-M.jpg

i-zHNGrhK-M.jpg

A quick look to make sure where our bus was located and then we went to our bus stop. There were only a few people in line ahead of us, so we thought that we had just missed a bus and got in line behind them. Buses came and went, but after about 15 minutes our bus arrived. Since there were only a few people, we all got a seat, leaned back and off we went. About 20 minutes later we arrived at Old Key West and finally it was our stop to get off. We walked across the road and up to our villa

i-smW9vrd-M.jpg

and after a drink and a snack we went to bed shortly after midnight.

To be continued ....

Last edited:
Look at that adorable mini Dumbo!!!!! :love:

Fabulous afternoon by the pool.

Space Mountain is off our list as well.

Love that caprese pizza, they do one with a gluten free crust, so yummy!

Lucky to get that Mine Train FP!

Very sad about the MSEP, that was my favorite.

We will only do Space Mountain with a FP, and even then we don't hit it every time. It's fun, but it's hard for me to fit me + backpack in the seat, and DBF has very long legs, which makes it hard for him too! I'd never wait standby, unless it was 10-15 minutes (which I don't believe I've ever seen).

I love your parade pictures! We hardly ever watch the parade, but I did always love MSEP. Spectromagic was my all-time favorite, though.

The pizza looks yummy :) Thanks to @Pinkocto's comment, I'm going to have to try the gluten free version next time!

You had great luck with FP that night!! I love your little dumbo getting photos with his big brother! <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter