Solo Tron Trip - August

artoftheglitch

Earning My Ears
Okay, so I'm planning a ludicrously quick weekend solo trip to try and ride Tron: Lightcycle Run between August 11-13. We're talking QUICK here - arriving at Pop Century around 2pm on that Friday, leaving for the airport by about 1:30 on that Sunday.

I'd like to accomplish a few things that weekend:
  • Ride Tron: Lightcycle Run at least once (and snag some sweet Tron merch)
  • Have a drink at Trader Sam's
  • Buzz the Food and Wine Festival
  • Eat at Boma and/or Sebastian's Bistro
The one complicating factor in all of this is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - should I take advantage of it? Would it improve the likelihood of me getting to ride Tron? I'm of two minds - if I avoid MK entirely on that Friday I can probably have a decent time at Food and Wine (in the blazing heat) and maybe cool down at Trader Sam's later in the evening, but the smaller crowds at MNSSHP may give me an opportunity to ride Tron and then not have to deal with MK at all so I can focus on Epcot, Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom on my one full day, but if I do tackle the party, I'd have to give up Boma or Sebastian's Bistro (and possibly Trader Sam's) because nobody wants to start an all-night Magic Kingdom jaunt when they're slightly too full on delicious all-you-care-to-enjoy meals.

Any thoughts on how to best navigate such a short window?

We don’t know how they will handle Tron during the Halloween Party, will they do a VQ like they do with extra hours. Could you try for a paid LL Tron on Friday before they kick you out, then you can get the Trader Sam drink and then head to Epcot for food and wine . VQ Saturday for Tron and do Sebastian for dinner, hit HS in evening, Sunday morning hit AK before airport

We don’t know how they will handle Tron during the Halloween Party, will they do a VQ like they do with extra hours. Could you try for a paid LL Tron on Friday before they kick you out, then you can get the Trader Sam drink and then head to Epcot for food and wine . VQ Saturday for Tron and do Sebastian for dinner, hit HS in evening, Sunday morning hit AK before airport
This is a good schedule! That being said, the official MNSSHP site does say that Tron will have Virtual Queue access, so it complicates my feelings a bit.

Essentially, I'm only going because I want to ride Tron, and now that it's all ILL or VQ, it's kind of a guess on whether or not I even get on the ride so it's stressing me out a bit.

I went solo for a week in May got the VQ each of my 3 MK days, a 1 pm VQ spot that was still open after park hopping. Also got Extended hours VQ spot that I didn’t use because the line for the 1 pm queue BG took over an hour and was still long when I got off ride and Extended Hours bg was called.

Since we don't know exactly how Disney will handle Tron during the party, I'd say stick with your plan of riding Tron during regular hours and enjoy Food and Wine on the Friday night.

I recently took a quick solo trip, mostly for TRON. I was unable to get a VQ in the morning so I went ahead and paide for ILL. Just be prepared to do that if necessary and I think everything will work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter