Solo trip with mobility issues

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I just booked my first solo trip post-fractured pelvis. Although it's been a couple months, I spent the first month in a wheelchair, and will probably always use a walker or cane to walk now. In my more mobile days, I took about a dozen solo trips and loved them all. I'm already looking into ECVs (which I've rented before). Anyone with mobility issues ever been to WDW solo?

I don't have it quite as bad as you, but I have used a scooter solo at Disney.

I would strongly suggest getting a door stop to hold the resort door open when you are getting your scooter in and out of the room.

If you can afford it do a monorail resort. The buses are no fun with scooters. The drivers will assist to a degree, but it's still hard.

For parks, you can get pretty close to most rides with the scooter, but you still have to walk a little bit. I'd be real careful going on any rides with a drop getting into them like Pirates of Carribean or Test Track. Some of these rides do not have good support to get in and out. The CMs are not suppose to help; because, there's a liability factor. I would alternate shows with rides; so, you get a rest here and there. Enjoy more of the live street entertainment on this trip.

Maybe, even consider early entry, even do extra magic mornings because there are less crowds. Also, you can take a break and rest back at the resort in the afternoon and then get back to the parks for fireworks and such.

Make sure you get fastpasses. I would do all 3 fastpasses early and then try for more.

I strongly agree with Bête - you should get a rubber doorstop. I just came back from a trip with my sister. She used an ECV but forgot the doorstop. A doorstop would have made things so much easier! She sure wished she had rented an ECV that had a higher back as it woud have been more comfortable. She did love having the ECV and it certainly enabled us to get around the park more quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter