Solo October 15-19, 2011 - Anyone else going same time?

Bad news!!! I had to reschedule my trip for 23 - 27 due to work reasons :(
Its pretty sad considering I started the thread!:snooty::sad1::sad1::sad1:

Oh NO!!!!!!:sad1: That really stinks...

But at least you were able to reschedule for the following week. :goodvibes

Bad news!!! I had to reschedule my trip for 23 - 27 due to work reasons :(
Its pretty sad considering I started the thread!:snooty::sad1::sad1::sad1:

D'OH!

Hey, you'll still be down for F&W Fest, and there'll still be some DIS'ers down during that time. Don't worry, as this thread will soldier on as October approaches

Just stumbled onto this thread, wanted to say thanks again to Brocktoon for your information regarding the Gartner IT Symposium on a different thread, FYI I did get resorts booked for Oct 17-20

Looks like more than a few Dis'ers are doing F&W Oct 17th, that is DGF's and My first day and Uh Oh... we are doing EPCOT all day that day

I see many of you are meeting at La Hacienda De San Angel around 6:15 pm, I love that place

I also read about a Kiosk eating/drinking around the World showcase earlier in the daytime, that is exactly what we are doing Oct 17th, after Soaring of course :)

May we join the festive Kiosk eating/drinking around the World Showcase with great Disboards people
beerchug.gif

Just stumbled onto this thread, wanted to say thanks again to Brocktoon for your information regarding the Gartner IT Symposium on a different thread, FYI I did get resorts booked for Oct 17-20

Looks like more than a few Dis'ers are doing F&W Oct 17th, that is DGF's and My first day and Uh Oh... we are doing EPCOT all day that day

I see many of you are meeting at La Hacienda De San Angel around 6:15 pm, I love that place

I also read about a Kiosk eating/drinking around the World showcase earlier in the daytime, that is exactly what we are doing Oct 17th, after Soaring of course :)

May we join the festive Kiosk eating/drinking around the World Showcase with great Disboards people
beerchug.gif

Definitely join in!!!! :cool1:

Is it F&W time yet!?!?

LET ME IN!
pub.jpg

:rotfl2:
sadly not yet....:sad1:

beerchug.gif

Glad things worked out for getting reservations during Oct. The 17th should be fun! If we get enough folks in our pack, I want carry a flag out front and self-declare ourselves a Brazilian Tour Group!

Just checking the DISboards quickly as the first light winds and rain are heading in from Irene. I may lose internet access for quite a while?? Hopefully the east-coast DISers to the south have weathered things well, and for us in the DC to New England corridor ... please be safe :grouphug: I've got my loose yard stuff packed away, and I've got enough cold beer in a cooler for tonight. If and probably when the power goes out I'll atleast have enough beer through the storm

Cold beer is a must, after "Hurricane Wilma" I ran out of ice and beer fast...

Take care up there

Glad things worked out for getting reservations during Oct. The 17th should be fun! If we get enough folks in our pack, I want carry a flag out front and self-declare ourselves a Brazilian Tour Group!

Just checking the DISboards quickly as the first light winds and rain are heading in from Irene. I may lose internet access for quite a while?? Hopefully the east-coast DISers to the south have weathered things well, and for us in the DC to New England corridor ... please be safe :grouphug: I've got my loose yard stuff packed away, and I've got enough cold beer in a cooler for tonight. If and probably when the power goes out I'll atleast have enough beer through the storm

I love the idea of self declaring ourselves a Brazilian Tour....:lmao:

I also want to wish those Disers in the path of Irene an uneventful time. :goodvibes My back deck is naked.... very weird looking... I have some drinks ready to go. I expect to lose power but hope that it will be back as quickly as possible. Be safe! :grouphug:

Well, alteast I have internet access at work. My area got hit pretty good by Irene. No power at my house since Saturday night, and they said it may still be a couple more days until power is restored. There are several trees in my area that have damaged transformers and power lines. My backyard and roof are covered in branches and leaves and I had what looked like a small river of flooding run through my backyard.

The good news is that my house seems to be OK, and no damage that I can see so far. Things could have been a lot worse, but I think the storm weakened before it hit.

Well, alteast I have internet access at work. My area got hit pretty good by Irene. No power at my house since Saturday night, and they said it may still be a couple more days until power is restored. There are several trees in my area that have damaged transformers and power lines. My backyard and roof are covered in branches and leaves and I had what looked like a small river of flooding run through my backyard.

The good news is that my house seems to be OK, and no damage that I can see so far. Things could have been a lot worse, but I think the storm weakened before it hit.

Good to hear that everyone is okay though. Our area has major flooding (no flooding in our neighborhood though, so we got lucky there). We lost half of the tree in our front yard though, but it went out into the street and not on our house. Not too much damage I've been able to see so far, but I haven't left my house yet, as they're still saying not to leave unless you absolutely have to.

Hope everyone else made it out okay!! My thoughts are with everyone on the east coast right now :grouphug:

I'm checking in too. Glad to hear Brocktoon and PyxiiDustt survived with minimal damage. :thumbsup2 I also got away with little to no damage. :woohoo: The areas around me are also suffering major flooding. Makes for creative driving routes to work etc.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those on the East Coast who were visited by Irene. :grouphug:

Hey everyone- checking in!!! Hope everyone is doing great- not very long 'til October now! Thankfully no hurricanes or earthquakes here. Can't wait for the trip!!!

I have only been to Disney during the winter/holidays - how much will I love Disney in October?

I have only been to Disney during the winter/holidays - how much will I love Disney in October?

You'll have a blast, its a great time to go. its hotter in October, obviously, than the winter months. but the summer humidity is gone. I LOVE the food and wine festival, and MNSSHP is a ton of fun!

I am so ready for this trip!

What are the MUST TRY's of the F&W fest?

Where are the best drinks and treats and whatnot?

I love just about everything - Adriane does not like seafood or anything too spicy... Lay it on me! I want all the best suggestions!

I am so ready for this trip!

What are the MUST TRY's of the F&W fest?

Where are the best drinks and treats and whatnot?

I love just about everything - Adriane does not like seafood or anything too spicy... Lay it on me! I want all the best suggestions!

I haven't had a chance to really check over the menus for this year but I'll make a list of my must do's once I look everything over. I'm pretty sure they're having the lamb sliders again this year which are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter