Solo first timer

I got home yesterday afternoon. I had so much fun! I WILL be doing a solo trip again.

Day 1 - arrived, checked in and went to AK from 11-6ish.
Day 2 - HS in the morning; Epcot in evening (rode the skyliner between them.)
Day 3 - MK until 1ish, break then back to MK.
Day 4 - Epcot
Day 5 - Slept in, pool time, then to MK for the evening and Seats and Treats (which was a waste of money.)

The weather was perfect! I only hopped once, but still liked having the option if I wanted. As you can see my final itinerary looked nothing like what I had planned, and that was perfect! Loved G+ and ILL. I basically did only 1/2 day in AK and HS and spent most of my time in MK and Epcot.

I rode Remy, MMRR, RoR and FOP. FOP is still the best ride in WDW.

I never felt alone or lonely. I even went Garden Grill by myself.

I fell in love with POFQ. I'm considering changing my Dec trip from AOA Nemo Suite to 2 rooms at POFQ. Love the size of the resort, the pool, the grounds, everything!

May 2023, here I come!

I got home yesterday afternoon. I had so much fun! I WILL be doing a solo trip again.

Day 1 - arrived, checked in and went to AK from 11-6ish.
Day 2 - HS in the morning; Epcot in evening (rode the skyliner between them.)
Day 3 - MK until 1ish, break then back to MK.
Day 4 - Epcot
Day 5 - Slept in, pool time, then to MK for the evening and Seats and Treats (which was a waste of money.)

The weather was perfect! I only hopped once, but still liked having the option if I wanted. As you can see my final itinerary looked nothing like what I had planned, and that was perfect! Loved G+ and ILL. I basically did only 1/2 day in AK and HS and spent most of my time in MK and Epcot.

I rode Remy, MMRR, RoR and FOP. FOP is still the best ride in WDW.

I never felt alone or lonely. I even went Garden Grill by myself.

I fell in love with POFQ. I'm considering changing my Dec trip from AOA Nemo Suite to 2 rooms at POFQ. Love the size of the resort, the pool, the grounds, everything!

May 2023, here I come!

Glad you had fun!

I go solo often, have a trip coming up the week of April 17 actually. I just randomly book my park reservations because I always have hoppers but your schedule looks fine. I never book ADRs in advance, if I get a wild hair and want a TS meal, I just look at MDE while walking around that day and find what's available. That is a little easier with hoppers since it doesn't matter what park and being a solo adult helps since the time doesn't really matter. I usually go during festivals and at least one, if not two, meals a day come from the booths at Epcot. Again, that only works if you have hoppers.

An alternative to TS is lounges. I love me some HBD and Nomad Lounge, both have great food options and you can't beat Nomad Lounges selection of refreshing adult beverage. Neither are cheap though. I've also found a lot of snack type options work great for meals for me. Yak and Yeti has a chicken fried rice as a side that is more than enough for a meal for me.

Going solo is great for me, I get to get up when I want, ride or not ride what I want, just sit on a bench and sip on a refreshing adult beverage and people watch or walk and around and enjoy all the details. I can take my time on the trails in AK and talk to the CMs, I can take the train and go pet a goat. I'm never in a hurry when I'm solo, I know I'll be back again if not the current year the next one so there are no rides it's a bad thing to miss. If I want to ride a ride and there is a hour wait, so what, I really don't have anything else do do. I pull up my kindle app on my phone and catch up on some reading.
This is my style exactly. Glad I’m not the only one🙂

This is my style exactly. Glad I’m not the only one🙂
After my recent first solo trip to DLR I think I may apply the same method. I've been stressing about dining reservations which I can't make until september. But, after cruising around DL and DCA I want to just go where the wind takes me and not be beholden to a reservation. Thanks for the suggestions on this way to do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter