Solo at Christmas

Grumpygal

I'd live at WDW if I could.
I realize that it is the most crowded time of year but it works out with my time off of work. So has anyone done Disney solo at Christmastime. I'm probably looking at Dec. 26th through Jan. 4th (don't want to be gone for the actual holiday). I would just like some of your thoughts as I try to make my decision about going. Also, I've always felt safe being down there but I was wondering about New Year's Eve. How is it at that time? Thanks for all your help.

You couldn't make it earlier say Dec 4 -8 and come to the Dis meet 2002 - maybe?

I think you should be fine - however it is also the most expensive time of the year, as well as the most crowded - so be prepared to spend more money that usual.

I wish I could, but I work for a local university and we have off from the 24th to the 2nd. If I go at the end of the month (even though it is the most expensive and busy) I won't have to take barely any vacation days and can still get a 10 day vacation. That's a pretty big motivator. Also the week of the Dis meet is a busy week at work and getting off then is next to impossible.

Come on down and enjoy yourself at Disney. Don't worry about New Year's Eve. It will be very crowded so you don't have to worry about being alone or unsafe.

Will be glad to meet sometime that week if you decide to come.

Otimon-thanks for the words of encouragement. At this point I would say I'm about 90% certain I'm coming down. I just need to work out the details and make sure I have the money to cover everything. :D

I'll let you guys know what I finally decide.:jester:

Well I did it! I will be visiting WDW for my first solo trip from Dec. 26 to Jan. 4. Even though it is 6 months away I'm kind of excited. Now I just have to decide what I want to do when I get there.:cool:

Grumpygal - Glad to hear you made your decision to come down.

If I may be of any help to you please let me know.
I know how excited you must be.

Have fun planning your wonderful trip.

You will have a blast! I have been at WDW for Christmas and it was wonderful! Everything is decorated so nicely, make sure you do the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, it is beautiful! Mickey's Christmas party will be over by the time you get there but they have all of the same shows and the same parade at MK without having to pay for a hard ticket event and I am sure they will have an E ticket night during the time you are there so you will get to see all the Christmas shows and the same parade and get to be in the MK for extra time with E ticket without paying nearly the cost that Mickey's Christmas party tickets would cost you.
I have never been at WDW for NYE but good friends of mine have done it several times and they say it is great. They have told me it is very, very crowded especially MK but they usually go to Epcot, just hang out, have a few drinks (there are drink carts set up all around WS, so I have been told!) watch the expanded Illumination & fireworks and just have a great time! Enjoy!!!:D

Have Fun!!!

I have never been that close to Christmas - one week because of the school schedule we went the week before and it was not too bad - we were only there for 4 days and the last day it got very crowded.

So where are you staying?

I decided to stay at ASMo. I had originally thought about doing one of the deluxe resorts, but realized that if I did an All Star I could stay for longer. Obviously the longer stay won out.:cool:

Now I just have to wait for it to get a little closer so I can make my PS and stuff. I want to be sure to get the one for the Candlelight Processional and reserve a spot for some of the tours.

I think what I'm most excited about is being able to do what I want when I want and not have to compromise about anything like that. :)

DS and I were there last year from 12/27-12/30. It was GREAT! I wonder if there's a way to swing going again this year. I think it's the best time of year to go. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

You will love the All Stars for the money they are a wonderful deal. I have stayed at the All Stars several times as a solo. mattter of fact I will be there again in less than 2 months for 15 nights and all but 4 nights will be solo! They have the best bus service on property and the food court is great and reasonably priced. Which tours are you taking? I have taken 4 different tours and they have all been great!

As of this point I'm just formulating a tentative plan. I realize that at that time of year I will have to be extremely flexible.:)

Right now I'm looking at maybe doing the Backstage Magic tour or the Undiscovered Future World. Maybe both who knows. I will fit the Behind the Seeds in somewhere, but that one won't take as much planning ahead. I was thinking about doing one of the tours on NYE, that way I won't have to fight the crowds.

You're going to love WDW at Christmas. Be prepared for the crowds and use fast pass. I've never done any of the tours but doing one of them on NYE sounds like an excellent idea :)

Katholyn

We went the day after Christmas one year and it was a mob scene. We just went with the understanding that we would not fit everything in, and it worked out well. We, however, did not have as much time there as you will, we had only three days before heading out on the Disney Magic for the NYE Millenium sailing. All of it was wonderful though. My only objective those 3 days were to see all the special holiday parades and shows and decorations we could, not knowing when we will be able to get down there at that time of year again. It was all so wonderful, you will have a great time. Just remember to pack lots of warm clothes, even though it is FL it is pretty cold at that time of year, especially at night. Good luck to you:)

We have been there for New Year's several times (including 2000) and it is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! We found the MK to be way too crowded and the fireworks pretty much the same as any other night. We then went to EPCOT and it was much better. The crowds are Huge. We got literally stuck on a bridge where no one could move, so now we stay off of the bridges.....

I have been there solo twice (Spring/Summer) and I loved it. I went to the Institute and got a massage and facial. Not sure if the Spa at the Institute is still open, but you could try the Spa at the GF. They have manacures too!!!!! Haven't done a tour yet, but want to try it next time.....The first time I went solo I went for 4 days to see how it was solo. The second time I wet for 8 days and it was terrific!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

:p

how do you add the countdowns and images to your signature lines???

Thank is so cool.

Jumping up and down waiting for a reply.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter