Sofia the First Doll Woes

I'm also desperately seen the plush. Also the dress and amulet. DD birthday is next month and she wants a Sofia party. I go to our store about once a week sometimes two weeks and hey haven't had anything in yet. They restock on Tuesdays so I also call whenever I can. I'm hoping that they'll hurry and get thm restocked before her birthday!

I was told by others that you can call any (or all :rotfl:) Disney Stores and if they have anything in stock, they will ship it to you.
I haven't tried it yet, but I'm also getting desparate, so I might be going this route too!
Still don't have the doll either!

I'm at the Disney store right now and they have Sofia dolls. She looks like the princess dolls but isn't as big. She's $14.50. Is this who you're looking for? I can try to post a pic when I get home.

I picked up two dolls. I'm willing to send them plus the cost of shipping. There were a lot of them, however, the cast member said they were expecting a woman to come and buy them out soon. No amulets and they hadn't received any. The same lady bought out the other stores in the area.

I picked up two dolls. I'm willing to send them plus the cost of shipping. There were a lot of them, however, the cast member said they were expecting a woman to come and buy them out soon. No amulets and they hadn't received any. The same lady bought out the other stores in the area.

OMG!!! I'll pm you!:cloud9::love:

I agree ... my boyfriend was angry that I wouldn't buy more than two. He wanted me to buy them all and put them on ebay. I looked, and they're going for $40+ ... but I honestly have been the mom looking for a certain toy only to find it price gouged on ebay, and it sucks!

I agree ... my boyfriend was angry that I wouldn't buy more than two. He wanted me to buy them all and put them on ebay. I looked, and they're going for $40+ ... but I honestly have been the mom looking for a certain toy only to find it price gouged on ebay, and it sucks!

That is so nice of you! :)

I have also been desperately searching for anything Sophia. The store in King of Prussia closed over the holidays, so the closest is the outlet about 45 minutes away. If you have an extra doll, I'd LOVE to purchase + shipping from you for my 19mo and 3 1/2 year olds. They can "learn to share" until we get another!!
Thank you all!

Holy cow! I didn't realize how lucky we are. I placed a ridiculously huge disneystore.com order back before Christmas (like absurdly ridiculous.) They packed a Sofia doll in my boxes by mistake. I called customer service to get a return label for it and they told me to keep it. Of course my daughter LOVES it, and no way she'd part with it now.

reginaastralis said:

I would love to buy one off you if you still have one!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I've secured two dolls now! Our store just got hem in this evening! I hated buying two but Youngest DD needed one and her best friend's birthday is Saturday and she loves Sofia too!

But I do need a costume and amulet if anyone runs across them at their store. Need a 5/6

My store only had the dress in 2T and 18-24 months. (honestly, they are the same size)

Amulets gone, some lady bought 10. :sad:

I think it's ridiculous that they let the same woman but everything every time they get a shipment. They are going to sell either way do limit the woman to 2.

PatMcDuck said:
My store only had the dress in 2T and 18-24 months. (honestly, they are the same size)

Yeah our next closest store received those sizes of the dresses yesterday. I think they should limit someone like that to two pieces. Sofia is in such high demand and you know she's selling them on eBay. She should be ashamed, little girls are going without so she can make some money!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I wish I would have gotten the 2T dress, but they didn't have it online when I ordered it. the xxs 2-3 one looks pretty big up against my baby. Oh well, I guess she'll grow into it. I'm just glad I have one!

In case anybody is wondering the 2/3 (2T) and 18-24 are actually not similarly sized. I made that mistake when i just looked at them in the store & 2/3 looked to be only slightly longer. The 2/3 was huge on my 21 month old (approx 32.5 inches, 24 lbs). I got the 18-24 instead. It is a much more slim fit & does not drag on the ground like the 2/3 did. This dress runs very large compared to all her other disney store princess ones.
Now if only I could find a doll & amulet. Same story here, cast member said 1 person keeps purchasing them all. :(

They have the figure set on Disneystore.com right now if anyone needs that.
DD LOVES Sofia and I couldn't find one of the dolls back in December, either. I am hoping the dresses are easier to find come summertime or fall for our Disney trip.

I guess I should be happy that we found the Doc McStuffins medical bag back in August! It seems that Doc McStuffins and Sofia are both very popular but there just isn't enough merchandise from either of the show for those who want it. I hate that people go around and buy up tons of the stuff just to sell on ebay!

PSST Sofia dolls should be coming to a store near you VERY soon. That is all I can say. Hard to say if all the stores will have the same luck.

Keep trying this week, and into next week. Call your local stores. Ask what day is shipment. Call that day when store opens, or try to be there.

I would assume quantities are very limited, of course. We have not had them at ALL in 6-8 weeks, so you all did not just miss them, they have been out of stock.

Doc McStuffins Dr kits, and Doc McStuffins little friends may be returning as early as this week, as well. (Chilly, Stuffy, etc)

Has anyone heard from the poster who said she had the dolls and would ship them? I gave her my info. and haven't heard from her since.
So sad, considering she said she'd send me one.
Oh well, I guess it's back to calling today.
Also, thanks for the info. on the dress, I'm going to see if I can get the smaller one.

I understand supply and demand, and if folks decide to bid themselves up to large dollar amounts, that's fine. But seriously, $70 buy it now for a stuft doll and $175 for the dress?! That just frys me. Especially knowing there are people out there buying up everything in stock. Either auction it or double your money and be happy. Ugh. Here's hoping Disney quickly inundates stores with stock and the super greedy are left with overhead to store. Thanks for letting me rant! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter