Sofa chair and bunk bed

2Carps

Earning My Ears
Looking into getting one of the villas that comes with one of the choices of sofa chair and/or bunk bed. Would like to know how big are they? Who can it really accommodate comfortably without feet hanging off?

Haven't see any bunk beds but the single arm chair sofa bed would fit anyone around my height - 5" 3'.

I don’t think the villas come with either. The ones I have stayed in have a sofa bed and a Murphy bed under the TV in the living room. A king size bed in the master bedroom.

Two bedroom villas come with a double sofa bed as well as a single arm chair sofa bed in the living area, 1 king bed in the main bedroom as well as 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. I think 1 bedroom villas have the Murphy bed and double sofa bed in the living area.

The ones in Aulani do and I'm trying to figure out the sleeping arrangements for everyone and it mentions a sofa chair and/or bunk bed that comes out from the entertainment center. Trying to get a good gauge of how tall someone can comfortable sleep on one.

Can you provide a link for where you saw the bunk bed mentioned. We’ve stayed in a two bedroom villa 5 times and have been in a 1 bedroom for a quick time and haven’t seen bunk beds in either. Plus we had friends in a studio and again no bunks. So that narrows it down to possibly being a 3 bedroom GV or one of the fancy suites?

There are no rooms with bunk beds at Aulani. The 1 bedroom villas have a pull down bed like a murphy bed that sleeps one person and a queen sleeper sofa that will sleep 2.

There are no bunk beds. In the 1 bedroom suites or two bedroom lock off's in the living room there is a Murphy bed that folds down from the entertainment unit. They are small, I would say a narrow twin size. In addition to the Murphy bed there is also a queen sofa bed in these rooms. In a dedicated 2 bedroom you will get a sofa bed and a sofa chair. The sofa chair is about the same size as the Murphy bed.

Right, as others have said, the “bunk bed” is like the ones on the cruise line—it’s like a twin that folds out sideways from the entertainment center (which I thought was pretty cool). My DD is 5’2” and loved it. A large adult might be tight but under 6’ and average weight should be ok, if not exactly luxurious.

Can you provide a link for where you saw the bunk bed mentioned. We’ve stayed in a two bedroom villa 5 times and have been in a 1 bedroom for a quick time and haven’t seen bunk beds in either. Plus we had friends in a studio and again no bunks. So that narrows it down to possibly being a 3 bedroom GV or one of the fancy suites?

I'm just posting what is said on the description of the villas at Aulani. Not sure if there are bunk beds, but it just mentions it. Either way, just trying to get a feel of how tall someone can be to fit on these things.

There are no bunk beds. In the 1 bedroom suites or two bedroom lock off's in the living room there is a Murphy bed that folds down from the entertainment unit. They are small, I would say a narrow twin size. In addition to the Murphy bed there is also a queen sofa bed in these rooms. In a dedicated 2 bedroom you will get a sofa bed and a sofa chair. The sofa chair is about the same size as the Murphy bed.

About how tall can a person be to fit comfortable on them?

Karuna said she thought under 5’ 2” for the Murphy bed (what you are describing as a bunk bed - it is a single bed that folds out of a cabinet under the tv). I said earlier the single sofa bed is around the same as the double sofa bed - I wouldn’t want to sleep on it if you were taller then 5’ 3”

I have slept in the one under the TV at the Poly.....not sure if they are the same size, but it was fine. I am 5'8"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!