• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soccer Snack?

emma'smom

<font color=magenta>P.S. Who would serve turnips a
Our dd6's first soccer game is tomorrow. My dh volunteered us to be the first snack parents. What does this mean? We have to bring snack for the team to have after the game. Any ideas?

Quintessential Pee Wee soccer snack:

ORANGE SLICES!!!! DS is 11 now, and I could not tell you how many orange slices he's eaten in his 6 years playing.

Cheese and cracker packages. Grapes. Apples. Pretzels.

Anything semi-healthy.

The only snack we ever bring -- and the only snack I ate as a soccer player years ago -- is cut up oranges. Cut them in quarters or eights if the children are smaller.

Hope that helps!

Our coach likes us to bring oranges slices for halftime to give the kids a boost. Then we bring a different snack for after the game. It's usually a juice bag or bottle of Gatorade and individually packaged snacks like crackers, pretzels, cereal bars, etc. When we bring the oranges, we also bring a large ziplock bag for the kids to drop the peels into and we bring handwipes in case anyone doesn't like being sticky.

Our coach likes us to bring oranges slices for halftime to give the kids a boost. Then we bring a different snack for after the game. It's usually a juice bag or bottle of Gatorade and individually packaged snacks like crackers, pretzels, cereal bars, etc. When we bring the oranges, we also bring a large ziplock bag for the kids to drop the peels into and we bring handwipes in case anyone doesn't like being sticky.

This is a complete ditto of what DD's coach suggests. She's a grasshopper (under 6)

But in 2 weeks is DD's birthday so I'm breaking the rules and bringing cupcakes. Oh the shame! :guilty:

Oranges for half time-- cut into quarter or eights, or even sliced thickly with a slice into the peel so they can be opened.

End of game-
Capri Sun Roaring Waters Juice pouch (mostly water, not just sugary juice)

and some sort of prepackaged snack-- we usually do granola bars (the chewy kind with lots of unhealthy chocolate chips and marshmallows :lmao: )

For that age we've always brought string cheese, little individual baggies of grapes, and Capri Sun or juice boxes.

oranges! that is all my girls have ever had - the coach makes an orange schedule & each parent has a time that they have to bring the oranges. It is healthy!

We just brought snack to my daughters soccer game last night. I cut up grapes and put them into ziploc baggies....and I brought Capri Suns as well. I was in charge of halftime snack. Another parent was in charge of the after game snack.....and they also brought Capri Suns, as well as Rice Krispy Treats.

Mostly the parents seem to bring sliced up apples for halftime. I'm soooooo glad they do not bring oranges. Much to sticky and messy for 4 and 5 year olds!

Oranges are for the 1/2 time snack, and usually juice boxes and a prepackaged snack for after the game. Ds had been on 2 soccer teams for the past 5 years, and this has been my experience - lots of times, someone other than the person scheduled to bring the snack brings the oranges.

I've never heard of oranges being such a big snack. In 5 years of DS playing soccer, no one has ever brought oranges.
Snack is given out at the end of the game and we usually bring juice boxes and a prepackaged snack- ie cookies, cheese and crackers, fruit roll-ups.

Oranges, bagged popcorn with decorated bag after. In October I do Caramel apples for fun! I also did Jello Jigglers but those went real fast!!

Don't forget that many children will have sibblings standing there looking pitiful. while you of course do not have to provide for the sibs, it is nice to have to a few extras if you can afford it.

Wow, we live in Florida and have never done oranges! That seems so silly of us. :)

We do the prepackages snacks; pretzels, crackers or cookies. And I do always bring extras for the pitiful siblings who have to be there too. If they have to suffer through a soccer game, they should at least get a snack!

I always brought oranges and apples already cut up and apples seeded so they kids would have something healthy and quick to grab and eat. :)

Wow, we live in Florida and have never done oranges! That seems so silly of us. :)

We do the prepackages snacks; pretzels, crackers or cookies. And I do always bring extras for the pitiful siblings who have to be there too. If they have to suffer through a soccer game, they should at least get a snack!

Tha equates to us in the Northeast not thinking of Sno-cones! :rotfl:

So thanks for all of the ideas. We did goldfish crackers (individually packaged bags--my dd6's request), cheese sticks, and boxed raisins with Capri Sun Waters to drink. Then...it rained with thunder...so the game was called before it began. Luckily, this should all hold until next week.

I didn't get organized enough to cut up oranges (a good idea though) or apples in advance--thus going with all prepackaged items. I guess that worked out since we need to save them for next week.

We have snack duty next weekend. DD has decided that we'll do apple slices and go-gurt or string cheese plus a drink. The parents who had duty today got transferred to another team, so there were no snacks after the game this morning, a total travesty in my daughter's eyes. :lmao:

we used to have oranges during halftime when I play way back when.. but DDs play now but we have never in 4 yrs gotten or have had to take a snack- they do get a soda at the concession stand after games but no food.

Just did snack for DD6's team today. I did Mondos (25% less sugar) and pre-bagged of Teddy Grahams or Honey Maid Bees (100 calorie packs). We decided this year no half time snack. The halftime is only 5 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter