SOCAL/CHILD PROMO TICKET DEAL 2020

Skyegirl1999

DIS Veteran
January 7-May 21 with no blockout days! 3-day tickets for $199 for single park or $254 for a hopper. That’s $67 per day for the single-park!

They’re offering the same deal for kids, no SoCal residency needed.

Have they ever done this deal with no blackouts? They must really want some serious crowds this year... they announced some hotel deals, too...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...er-day-tickets/?CMP=SOC-DPFY20Q2wo0102200012A

From Disneyland's website:

For a limited time, you can purchase a 3-day ticket with admission to 1 park per day for a child ages 3 to 9 for as little as $67 per day. Tickets are valid January 7, 2020 through May 21, 2020. Between Character Greetings, live shows, seasonal parades, nighttime spectaculars and attractions that tell a story, there are countless, fun-filled moments to be had with your young explorer at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.

Share the magic with them when you take advantage of this great offer and purchase tickets now through May 18, 2020.

Specially Priced Child Tickets at a Glance:

• 3-Day, 1 Park Per Day Ticket: $199
  • 3-Day, 1 Park Per Day Ticket with Disney MaxPass: $244
  • 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket: $254
  • 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket with Disney MaxPass: $299
FASTPASS selections with Disney MaxPass service are subject to availability which is limited and not guaranteed. Disney MaxPass is nonrefundable.*

These prices are $55-$65 off the UT price and ~$40 off the LMTC price.

UPDATE: Undercover Tourist, aRes Travel, and GetAwayToday are all offering SoCal and Child tickets at a discount to the Disneyland price. As of 1/16 the UT discount is the best.

You have 13 days from first use to use the child tickets, and they are available to anyone ages 3-9 (no residency restriction). SoCal tickets are valid the duration of the promo period or until the 3rd use.

Last edited:
Hmmmm no adult ones? Just kids? Interesting

NVM there is a socal resident offer (no blockout dates). Just saw on the site.

If I remember correctly last year during the blackout period, it happened to be easter, and coachella, and it resulted in very low crowd days. Like super low! So maybe they don't want that to happen again.

If I remember correctly last year during the blackout period, it happened to be easter, and coachella, and it resulted in very low crowd days. Like super low! So maybe they don't want that to happen again.
But Easter was crazy late last year, so most schools had taken Spring Break earlier...

They’re definitely angling for high crowds, in spite of how much is going to be down for refurbs. It will be an interesting spring, and I’m very curious to see what happens with the summer as a result.

It almost makes me want to do 3 days instead of 4 on my trip this February. It would be some good savings - but not so much because it would just be for my kids, and 4 days is better. :)

I wasn't planning on going back until next year...but...

My eldest son lives in San Diego. Does anyone know if everyone in the party has to be a SoCal resident, or if you just need one to buy and verify residence?

I wasn't planning on going back until next year...but...

My eldest son lives in San Diego. Does anyone know if everyone in the party has to be a SoCal resident, or if you just need one to buy and verify residence?
It says each adult will need to verify residence.

They used to be pretty lax about it, but the past few years, it seems they’ve been more consistent about checking.

I just bought 3 day tickets for my daughter and myself this past weekend. I was trying to make sure we didn't get hit with a price increase. I never thought there would be a price decrease three days later!

Reading the fine print, it looks like the kid ticket has to be used within 2 weeks, while the SoCal one is good any three days as normal.
for the kids, they don’t have to be SoCal residents correct? But the adults they go with do? My friend may bring her nieces from Texas. They are 3 and 5.

Ugh now I don’t know what to do! I was going to buy 5-day PH with MP for two adults and two kids and then upgrade to the Flexpass.

Days:
1- use MM, no res required
2- no reservation required for FP
3- res required for FP
4- res required for FP
5 - No res required, planned to upgrade to FP
6- no res required use FP
7- no res required use FP

Can I still take advantage of the kids’ 3-day deal? Or no? I haven’t purchased any tickets yet.

Reading the fine print, it looks like the kid ticket has to be used within 2 weeks, while the SoCal one is good any three days as normal.

Are they just leaving out expiration after 13 days? I've never heard of a multi-day Disneyland ticket that didn't have that.

Besides that, I'm getting the impression that they allow 5 tickets per day per eligible person because they can be purchased for guests. Years ago I was with my cousin and her husband, and they asked if there were any kind of discounts or special deals. As a guest of a Southern California resident, I was able to get a special deal where I could purchase a 1 park ticket and either use it for DL/DCA on the same day or separate days for each park. I did the latter. And it was less than $50. They had Southern California annual passports, where they had to pay for a blockout date ticket, but we went to DCA on Labor Day when there was no blockout date.

for the kids, they don’t have to be SoCal residents correct? But the adults they go with do? My friend may bring her nieces from Texas. They are 3 and 5.
Any kid can get the deal; they don’t have to go with SoCal residents.

Are they just leaving out expiration after 13 days? I've never heard of a multi-day Disneyland ticket that didn't have that.

Besides that, I'm getting the impression that they allow 5 tickets per day per eligible person because they can be purchased for guests. Years ago I was with my cousin and her husband, and they asked if there were any kind of discounts or special deals. As a guest of a Southern California resident, I was able to get a special deal where I could purchase a 1 park ticket and either use it for DL/DCA on the same day or separate days for each park. I did the latter. And it was less than $50. They had Southern California annual passports, where they had to pay for a blockout date ticket, but we went to DCA on Labor Day when there was no blockout date.
The SoCal deal never has to be used within 13 days; you can use it any three days between Jan 7-May 21. That’s how that deal always is.

All adults using the SoCal deal need proof of residency; it’s in the fine print and it was a big deal when they really started enforcing that (last year or the year before). Someone definitely might hit a CM who doesn’t require it, but that would be a gamble.

Ugh now I don’t know what to do! I was going to buy 5-day PH with MP for two adults and two kids and then upgrade to the Flexpass.

Days:
1- use MM, no res required
2- no reservation required for FP
3- res required for FP
4- res required for FP
5 - No res required, planned to upgrade to FP
6- no res required use FP
7- no res required use FP

Can I still take advantage of the kids’ 3-day deal? Or no? I haven’t purchased any tickets yet.
If you are upgrading to Flex AP I am not sure why you would purchase the 3 day deal; it will cost you the same in the long run. They will credit you for the $299 you paid for your 3 day kids ticket with PH+MP and then charge you the other $300 to upgrade.

If you are upgrading to Flex AP I am not sure why you would purchase the 3 day deal; it will cost you the same in the long run. They will credit you for the $299 you paid for your 3 day kids ticket with PH+MP and then charge you the other $300 to upgrade.
D’oh!
I knew I was missing something despite being in a “numbers” profession, ha.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!