Soarin'

Princess Madeleine

Mouseketeer
TDR announced the opening date for Soarin' today: July 23 (edited to correct). I don't know if anyone was especially looking forward to this attraction, but it is exciting for anyone travelling in the second half of the summer!

Last edited:
Thanks for the great news! With so many ride closures in early July, I am excited to try this new ride. Is it Soarin’ with Japanese landmarks? Can’t wait!

Thanks for the great news! With so many ride closures in early July, I am excited to try this new ride. Is it Soarin’ with Japanese landmarks? Can’t wait!

Sadly it is the same soarin' as Epcot except the final scene will take place TDR instead of Epcot.

I didn't even know they were opening a Soarin. Shows how much I pay attention. We wouldn't ride it anyway if it's that similar to Epcot's

We are there July 7-14
Do you think they'll have soft openings? Ugh so mad we would miss it by ONE WEEK.

We are there July 7-14
Do you think they'll have soft openings? Ugh so mad we would miss it by ONE WEEK.
I just read an article by TDR Explorer experiencing a soft opening for Nemo a couple years ago, so I'd wager there's a chance. If you have the time, you might stalk the area for cast members a couple times throughout the day.

We were at Tokyo DisneySea around one week before Finding Nemo was due to open and, to the best of our knowledge, there wasn't a soft opening / test rides.

But, it possible that even if they were inviting some guests to ride, they would have invited the Japanese guests so that they could provide feedback or comments in Japanese.

I rode Nemo during a soft opening. I'm not Japanese and my Japanese skills are not great, but we had no trouble getting in line for it. We were there about 10 days before the official open and got to experience it. I also got to ride Star Tours in a soft open after they did a major remodel of it. So you never know, you might be able to catch Soarin early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!