Soarin'

Discussion in 'Tokyo Disneyland' started by Princess Madeleine, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Princess Madeleine

Princess Madeleine Earning My Ears

TDR announced the opening date for Soarin' today: July 23 (edited to correct). I don't know if anyone was especially looking forward to this attraction, but it is exciting for anyone travelling in the second half of the summer!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. AngelDisney

AngelDisney Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)

Thanks for the great news! With so many ride closures in early July, I am excited to try this new ride. Is it Soarin’ with Japanese landmarks? Can’t wait!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MikeOhio

MikeOhio Mouseketeer

Sadly it is the same soarin' as Epcot except the final scene will take place TDR instead of Epcot.

5. AngelDisney

AngelDisney Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)

Quite disappointing indeed. I will ride all attractions original to TDR first then try Soarin’.

6. Shock13

Shock13 DIS Veteran

I thought I read Soarin' opened on July 23rd not June?

7. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

I didn't even know they were opening a Soarin. Shows how much I pay attention. We wouldn't ride it anyway if it's that similar to Epcot's

8. Princess Madeleine

It's July, I just checked myself. Sorry, guys!

9. aleh021

aleh021 Mouseketeer

We are there July 7-14
    Do you think they'll have soft openings? Ugh so mad we would miss it by ONE WEEK.

10. Princess Madeleine

I just read an article by TDR Explorer experiencing a soft opening for Nemo a couple years ago, so I'd wager there's a chance. If you have the time, you might stalk the area for cast members a couple times throughout the day.

AngelDisney likes this.
  11. Agent 86

Agent 86 DIS Veteran

We were at Tokyo DisneySea around one week before Finding Nemo was due to open and, to the best of our knowledge, there wasn't a soft opening / test rides.

But, it possible that even if they were inviting some guests to ride, they would have invited the Japanese guests so that they could provide feedback or comments in Japanese.

12. tinibee

tinibee Mouseketeer

I rode Nemo during a soft opening. I'm not Japanese and my Japanese skills are not great, but we had no trouble getting in line for it. We were there about 10 days before the official open and got to experience it. I also got to ride Star Tours in a soft open after they did a major remodel of it. So you never know, you might be able to catch Soarin early.

Agent 86, aleh021 and AngelDisney like this.