Soarin over Cali

From the OC Register:
Soarin’ Over California will return Feb. 28 to April 21 during the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival at the Anaheim theme park, according to Disney officials. An end date for Soarin’ Over California hasn’t been confirmed yet, Disney officials said.

https://www.ocregister.com/soarin-o...isney-california-adventure-food-wine-festival

We will be there in June and would love to see it still running then, but of course I am not holding my breath. I miss the CA version so much.

We will be there in June and would love to see it still running then, but of course I am not holding my breath. I miss the CA version so much.
Same here...I'll be there end of May, but not counting on seeing it. It'll be a nice surprise if it gets extended.

Fun fact: Cali is regional slang in California. I'm born and raised in the state and I say Cali :rotfl2:. I do have friends that hate I say it, but they say San Fran so I figure we're even on how much we annoy each other with them.

Did you grow up in LA or OC? Cali is Cali, Columbia.
I grew up in OC and I hate the Cali term as does my family. lol.
I noticed people from LA county are more inclined to say Cali.

I am hoping California Soaring gets extended to May 10 or 11 so I can go on it again. I haven't been on that version since ... Was it May 2011?

Did you grow up in LA or OC? Cali is Cali, Columbia.
I grew up in OC and I hate the Cali term as does my family. lol.
I noticed people from LA county are more inclined to say Cali.

Neither! SF Bay Area. East to be exact.

But that's interesting to know about LA county, thank you! I'm going to tuck away that little observation away in my pocket. In the Bay, I've noticed more who say it are about as far east in East Bay as you can get. My boss (raised South Bay) hates I say Cali. Also hates I say SoCal and NorCal and insists they're not a thing to say and it's just me that says them (she wants "Southern California"and "Northern California" to be said) so she's probably not the best example, lol!

And agreed with your other post: would love to see this extended. Heck, I'd love to see it permanent again. Clearly I love my home state so I'm biased there. It's also just such a better film with better scents. I like not having to worry about where I sit distorting the film. I usually skip this ride currently or, at most, one ride a trip. But I always get off the ride disappointed how subpar it is now as World.

Neither! SF Bay Area. East to be exact.

But that's interesting to know about LA county, thank you! I'm going to tuck away that little observation away in my pocket. In the Bay, I've noticed more who say it are about as far east in East Bay as you can get. My boss (raised South Bay) hates I say Cali. Also hates I say SoCal and NorCal and insists they're not a thing to say and it's just me that says them (she wants "Southern California"and "Northern California" to be said) so she's probably not the best example, lol!

And agreed with your other post: would love to see this extended. Heck, I'd love to see it permanent again. Clearly I love my home state so I'm biased there. It's also just such a better film with better scents. I like not having to worry about where I sit distorting the film. I usually skip this ride currently or, at most, one ride a trip. But I always get off the ride disappointed how subpar it is now as World.
Just to weigh in on the Cali saying. I was born and raised on the peninsula near SF (by the airport) and never said Cali, Frisco or San Fran. I say SoCal and NorCal ALL the time though! And unfortunately I do say LIKE way too much!

Back on topic I also wish they would just keep Soaring over California permanent. Unless you are in the middle the ride for world it's just awful to look at.

We rode Soarin in 2016 and didn't notice any scent. I read that there would be and see some mention of it in this thread. Are there any scents in the World version? We'll be there before it changes back to California. Maybe I can convince my family to ride it again. They didn't love it.

Just to weigh in on the Cali saying. I was born and raised on the peninsula near SF (by the airport) and never said Cali, Frisco or San Fran. I say SoCal and NorCal ALL the time though! And unfortunately I do say LIKE way too much!

Back on topic I also wish they would just keep Soaring over California permanent. Unless you are in the middle the ride for world it's just awful to look at.
Me, too! I'm from the Bay Area--born in SF but raised in East Bay--and I never utter the shudder-worthy trifecta of Cali, Frisco or San Fran. i'm old enough to remember when Brooke Shields said "Frisco" in Blue Lagoon and we all went nuts, LOL. I also say NorCal and SoCal all the time--and also like :).

And ditto on Soaring.

We rode Soarin in 2016 and didn't notice any scent. I read that there would be and see some mention of it in this thread. Are there any scents in the World version? We'll be there before it changes back to California. Maybe I can convince my family to ride it again. They didn't love it.

I’ve never noticed any scents on either version of the ride 🤷🏼‍♀️

We have ridden both versions, plus up here in Vancouver BC Canada, we have the same ride, but its called Flyin over Canada! They do layivers at halloween and christmas too, and switch out to the versions that play in Soarin! So, on the California version, cruising over the forest up the river scene there is a pine smell, sometimes. Over the orange groves is orange smell, again sometimes. Up here in the Christmas version you fly over Santas village at the end which is really quite cool, and there is gingerbread smell, sometimes! Lol!! I dont know why you get the smells sometimes and not others, the machine runs out of juice? Lol!! In the World version I dont remember any smells, so maybe the machine was out of juice? Or there isnt any? I will find out in 2 weeks! Yay!!! I am going to google it see what the internet says! Either way, its an awesome ride and always worth it to us, to ask to be on the next ride if need be, to sit in the center for the best view :)

In the World version I dont remember any smells, so maybe the machine was out of juice? Or there isnt any? I will find out in 2 weeks! Yay!!! I am going to google it see what the internet says! Either way, its an awesome ride and always worth it to us, to ask to be on the next ride if need be, to sit in the center for the best view :)
There are three fragrances in the World version: in the elephant scene, in India, and in Tahiti. I LOVE the India and Tahiti scents - I bought candles of them.

We have ridden both versions, plus up here in Vancouver BC Canada, we have the same ride, but its called Flyin over Canada! They do layivers at halloween and christmas too, and switch out to the versions that play in Soarin! So, on the California version, cruising over the forest up the river scene there is a pine smell, sometimes. Over the orange groves is orange smell, again sometimes. Up here in the Christmas version you fly over Santas village at the end which is really quite cool, and there is gingerbread smell, sometimes! Lol!! I dont know why you get the smells sometimes and not others, the machine runs out of juice? Lol!! In the World version I dont remember any smells, so maybe the machine was out of juice? Or there isnt any? I will find out in 2 weeks! Yay!!! I am going to google it see what the internet says! Either way, its an awesome ride and always worth it to us, to ask to be on the next ride if need be, to sit in the center for the best view :)

After experiencing the fun scents on the Monsters Inc ride it was a little disappointing. But maybe next time we'll get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter