Soarin over Cali

It would be amazing if they kept this through the summer. We'll be there in June and my family would love to ride it again.

Great news!! They are bringing back the classic most loved, Soarin over California! Starts February 28, no news when it will be leaving, maybe they got the message and will leave it now!!
Bad news... this is the day after we leave. I am heartbroken! What really worries me, is that they will close the ride for the changeover for the week before and we will miss it all together! Does anyone know from the past, how ling the changeover takes, and whagare the chances they will do it sooner than scheduled? They change dates on refurbs all the time, why not for this? Lol!

This is bummer news for me. Last year we were unable to ride soarin over the world. We so wanted to see it for the first time but for whatever reasons things came up and it didn't work out. We were to make a priority in upcoming March visit.

Oh well.

This thread was revived and has some more info with link to OC Register that reports ending April 21st. I also hope they will leave it this time. We missed it last time, and will miss it again if this is temporary. We rode World and I sat far left, top row. Just didn't want to wait at the time. By the time we got to the moon-shaped Eiffel tower I was ready to hurl. That was new to me.

Last year it was reported they were doing guest surveys on which version is preferred. I would guess this move is another quick/easy change to try and draw some guests away from DL during Spring Break. We'll see...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/soarin-over-cali.3755626/page-5

I'm so excited it's coming back!! I went to DL last year for the Haunted Mansion event and rode it 3 times the 2 days I was there. I'll be at DL again April 18-20th and will plan on riding as many times as I can. I really love that ride where Soaring over the World is a one and done for me.

Does it take the ride down to switch it over? We'll be in CA on the 25th, so we'll obviously miss the CA version, but would like to catch World again.

Does it take the ride down to switch it over? We'll be in CA on the 25th, so we'll obviously miss the CA version, but would like to catch World again.

I think they can switch it fairly quickly since it's all digital. I'm not sure how the scents work, so they might have to change out something there which could take a day maybe.

Do you mean 25th of Feb or 25th of April? If it's Feb then I think World will still be going it's not showing on the refurb list. I think they are able to change them over pretty quickly (maybe overnight).

Do you mean 25th of Feb or 25th of April? If it's Feb then I think World will still be going it's not showing on the refurb list. I think they are able to change them over pretty quickly (maybe overnight).

February.

Thanks!

Oh if only it was still on in Oct! I love Soarin over California so much! World is just meh for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter