So, who's already going/planning for Christmas 2006?

SeattleMark

Compulsive Planner and Research-aholic
We're booked at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for December 16-23, 2006. This will be our first time doing Disney World near Christmas, and we're very excited. We normally go during the summer, but it's getting just too darn hot for us that time of year.

After seeing the Travel Channel special on Disney World at Christmas, we decided to make the leap.

We live about an hour north of Seattle and it will be the two adults, plus our two teens (16,17).

Anyone else joining us?

We are going December 6-15th at WL. It is also our first Christmas Season visit and I am so EXCITED :banana: :banana: :banana:

It will be me, my DH and our DD who will be 2.5 years old. Once a week I take her to the Disney website so she can see Mickey. She gets so excited and always says "Mickey Mouse". Poor thing is already hooked and she is only 19 months ;)

POR for us Dec 16-23 so excited :sunny:

We went this year to WDW for the very first time (basically) over Christmas week and had a very good first experience. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. We utilized fast pass for those things we really wanted to do, made lots of ADRs to guarantee we'd have places to eat, and I thought the crowds were maneageable. As an added bonus the Christmas music and holiday decorations made the magic even more special.

We're planning a January trip next year, though, since it works out better for DH to finish the year and then take a break. Maybe we'll do Christmas again sometime because I really loved it!!

We are in the process of planning for most of the family to go Dec. 23 to the 28th. We are still in the planning stages so no reservations have been made yet. I hope we can all go! Just a little nervous about the crowds though... :rolleyes:

kupperman said:
We are in the process of planning for most of the family to go Dec. 23 to the 28th. We are still in the planning stages so no reservations have been made yet. I hope we can all go! Just a little nervous about the crowds though... :rolleyes:

MAYBE WE WILL SEE YOU THERE :)
IM NERVOUS ABOUT THE CROWDS ALSO :scared1:

Mark,

You made a great decision to go down for the holidays. The "world" is great all gussied up, and make certain that you take in as much of the holiday splendour as you can. Be sure to see the Osborne Lights at MGM, the christmas version of Illuminations at Epcot, and if you have time, do a tour of the resorts to see all their decorations.

Also, try MVMCP. It's an additional charge, but worth it if you plan it out correctly. The holiday Wishes fireworks show is not to be missed, and it only plays during Christmas Party nights.

Unfortunately we won't be joining in on the holiday festivities this year as our APs will expire Dec 1st, so we're going pre-Thanksgiving this year.

ENJOY!!

We are going too!! Dec 9th-Dec 16th-Boardwalk Inn Concierge. Taking my parents!! :cool1:

Hi everyone! We are going back for our second December trip! We last went in December of 2004 and had an AWESOME time! We'll be at Carribean Beach Resort from December 2-9!

We are going December 2 to December 9, 2006 this will be our 2nd Christmas vacation staying at Fort Wilderness Campground. Can't wait!!

I'll be there from Dec 7-13 at Pop. Yipppeee!! My second annual solo trip for the holidays.
Hey Mark...you probably aren't too far from my brother is Snohomish. What's the weather like there now!??

We are going!!!! This will be our second trip, but first at Christmas time. We are booked at the Contemporary from Dec 19- 26th~~ I am thrilled!!!!

Count us :grouphug: in!! We will be at the WL from Dec. 16-23!! Cant wait for December to get here!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks for RUBBING it in everybody.Work is way too busy and I can't go until after Christmas.Like that will ever happen,with all the school vacationers.You're all sticking it to me,go ahead laugh it up!!!!!!!!!!

hi -

We too are in the planning stages. This will be our first christmas at disney. Thinking 12-20 to 12-27 or 12-21 to 12-28. We have 2 birthdays in the family (DS and DH) during this time along with Christmas.

Don't know if I should reserve soon or wait all little bit. I need to make sure I can get off of work. I am pretty low on the seniority list. Hope to see you there!!!!

We're going for our first December trip this year. We are booked at the WL Dec 16-Jan 2. The whole family will be there at that time.

Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter