• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

So who is going to try to get Miley Cyrus tickets??

My DH and DD just went. Loved the show. He took a camera. The shots look so dark. They really did not turn out too good. It is a really dark show.

Good to know, we have good seats, so hopefully that will help get some good pictures! Need to make sure the batteries are charged and memory stick is cleared off. Just need to remember to go out and get ear plugs!

Very excited to go...though still disappointed there won't be any Hannah stuff.

What did people think about the opening act? I have never heard any of their music. I thought that I might have my DDs (7 and 4) out getting shirts and stuff during that time.

Kinda figured that...I have a smaller point and shoot one that I will bring...hopefully I will get some good ones from the 5th row :banana:

Good grief, I didn't even realize it was you I was answering!!! The Target Center is one that will not allow the SLRs from what I have seen.

Just got an e-mail from the Target Center saying: Professional Cameras (e.g. detachable lenses longer than 3 inches) and Video Cameras are not allowed.

Kinda figured that...I have a smaller point and shoot one that I will bring...hopefully I will get some good ones from the 5th row :banana:

We will be there up in section 208. I got that same e-mail. Just don't bring a lens longer than 3 inches and you'll be fine.

We will be there up in section 208. I got that same e-mail. Just don't bring a lens longer than 3 inches and you'll be fine.

Yeah that is what my DH said, but I am just concerned they will fight us, so I will just bring my small camera. I hopefully will get some good pictures.

one more thing. Are you going over MEA next year? We may see you there.

We are!! We are going to go from the 16th to the 25th since Farmington generally gives the kids the Monday after the holiday off too. Now we just need to wait for airfare to become available to purchase. Where are yoiu guys looking to stay?

Actually that was my countdown from this year, it has started over. We are going end of Aug, early Sept next year.

Does this mean your not going on the Oct. 2010 cruise then??

Where are you staying @ Disney when you go??

Yeah that is what my DH said, but I am just concerned they will fight us, so I will just bring my small camera. I hopefully will get some good pictures.

We are!! We are going to go from the 16th to the 25th since Farmington generally gives the kids the Monday after the holiday off too. Now we just need to wait for airfare to become available to purchase. Where are yoiu guys looking to stay?

Anoka Hennepin does as well. I haven't decided on a resort yet. We did Pop last time and it was a bit small for 3 of us. and we are bringing the youngest with this time. DH wants a bigger bed so we are looking at CSR. I'd love to be Poly but that is out of my league. I'm planning on doing 6 or 7 day park pass and have one day dedicated to pool time. I have thought about renting points but a little nervous. My real concern is the dining plan. I'm not sure if we are going to do DXDP or DDP. I have to lay out my choices and see what we want to do.

Where are you staying? We flew Air Tran last time and loved them. Are you looking at a specific airline?

Sounds like you will have awesome seats for tomorrow night. Are you on the floor in 5th row or one the first tier?

We went to the concert last night in St. Louis. We were one of the venues that had been re-scheduled due to Miley having strep throat. I wish I would have just had my money refunded. While I know this was not a Hannah show, (as far as I know) she is still finishing up her Hannah contract (am I wrong?). (Meaning by this comment that her active "target audience" are still Hannah fans). The reason Miley has had such success is due to Disney/Hannah. Therefore, many of her fans are of a younger age group. I feel that the concert was totally inappropriate for young children and questionable for children <14-15. She had on way too skimpy of clothing, she danced in ways that I found distasteful and she did a short sort of "pole" type dance during I think Girls Night Out with a rope that was hanging from the ceiling. I understand her need to break from Hannah and try to be on her own, but IMO this is the wrong way to go about it. I so wished I had not spent that money on tickets. I feel she is now for the older crowd and my children will be doing no more Miley. It is kind of sad. I was hoping she would stay away from this sort of thing. I don't know why proving you are growing up, etc. has to involve something that leans towards R-rated or at least PG13 and over.

I truly hope that those of you who are going to upcoming concerts aren't dissappointed, but I think some of you might be.

We went to the concert last night in St. Louis. We were one of the venues that had been re-scheduled due to Miley having strep throat. I wish I would have just had my money refunded. While I know this was not a Hannah show, (as far as I know) she is still finishing up her Hannah contract (am I wrong?). (Meaning by this comment that her active "target audience" are still Hannah fans). The reason Miley has had such success is due to Disney/Hannah. Therefore, many of her fans are of a younger age group. I feel that the concert was totally inappropriate for young children and questionable for children <14-15. She had on way too skimpy of clothing, she danced in ways that I found distasteful and she did a short sort of "pole" type dance during I think Girls Night Out with a rope that was hanging from the ceiling. I understand her need to break from Hannah and try to be on her own, but IMO this is the wrong way to go about it. I so wished I had not spent that money on tickets. I feel she is now for the older crowd and my children will be doing no more Miley. It is kind of sad. I was hoping she would stay away from this sort of thing. I don't know why proving you are growing up, etc. has to involve something that leans towards R-rated or at least PG13 and over.

I truly hope that those of you who are going to upcoming concerts aren't dissappointed, but I think some of you might be.

Your sentiments are what a lot of the parents were saying at the show. I personally think parents should have EXPECTED that. Her CD was Breakout, she is trying to Breakout away from the Hannah thing. I went in expecting every single thing that I saw. I took my DDs who are 4 and 7...they NEVER once commented on her dancing or on her clothes, the only ones I heard talking about it were the mothers. She did not target the show as a Hannah show because that isn't what she wants to potray herself as. If it was going to be a clean Hannah Montana show they would have pegged it as that. If you checked out her opening act when the tickets went on sale, that would have been a HUGE clue as to what way she is going.

It was a great concert, I wish she interacted more with that audience, but we had AWESOME seats and had a great time...my daughters were sad to leave but werew excited to having been so close to Miley.

The quoted poster is right, she wore clothes that were skimpy (I have seen worse at the Mall of America) and she danced "sexy"...she is 16 and unfortunately like it or not, that is how a lot of them dance.

Say goodbye to Hannah...this is where Miley is going!

Anoka Hennepin does as well. I haven't decided on a resort yet. We did Pop last time and it was a bit small for 3 of us. and we are bringing the youngest with this time. DH wants a bigger bed so we are looking at CSR. I'd love to be Poly but that is out of my league. I'm planning on doing 6 or 7 day park pass and have one day dedicated to pool time. I have thought about renting points but a little nervous. My real concern is the dining plan. I'm not sure if we are going to do DXDP or DDP. I have to lay out my choices and see what we want to do.

Where are you staying? We flew Air Tran last time and loved them. Are you looking at a specific airline?

Sounds like you will have awesome seats for tomorrow night. Are you on the floor in 5th row or one the first tier?

We are actually looking to stay at our Hilton timeshare, it is close, convienent and affordable. Not sure about flights, my DH would really prefer Delta/NWA, so we will see.

We had AWESOME seats...fifth row floor right at the isle. Got lots of great pictures, wish I had just brough my SLR because quite a few people did and got great shots.

Your sentiments are what a lot of the parents were saying at the show. I personally think parents should have EXPECTED that. Her CD was Breakout, she is trying to Breakout away from the Hannah thing. I went in expecting every single thing that I saw. I took my DDs who are 4 and 7...they NEVER once commented on her dancing or on her clothes, the only ones I heard talking about it were the mothers. She did not target the show as a Hannah show because that isn't what she wants to potray herself as. If it was going to be a clean Hannah Montana show they would have pegged it as that. If you checked out her opening act when the tickets went on sale, that would have been a HUGE clue as to what way she is going.

It was a great concert, I wish she interacted more with that audience, but we had AWESOME seats and had a great time...my daughters were sad to leave but werew excited to having been so close to Miley.

The quoted poster is right, she wore clothes that were skimpy (I have seen worse at the Mall of America) and she danced "sexy"...she is 16 and unfortunately like it or not, that is how a lot of them dance.

Say goodbye to Hannah...this is where Miley is going!

We are actually looking to stay at our Hilton timeshare, it is close, convienent and affordable. Not sure about flights, my DH would really prefer Delta/NWA, so we will see.

We had AWESOME seats...fifth row floor right at the isle. Got lots of great pictures, wish I had just brough my SLR because quite a few people did and got great shots.

I agree...my daughter and I really enjoyed the concert,we also went in knowing it wasn't a HM show. We did see her HM show and honestly the costumes were not much different. We had 6th row center seats and had a great time!

I took my DD to the Miley concert last night and we both had a great time. I read all the reviews and was a little worried, but I didn't think there was anything wrong the whole night. She puts on a good show, and we went knowing there wouldn't be any HM songs since it was advertised at a Miley concert so we weren't disappointed. We had great seat, and my DD loved being so close to Miley. It was loud, but that was expected.

Anyway, I just wanted to say to people that are going to see her soon, not to worry about the reviews. You'll have a great time as long as you don't expect HM songs.

I was at the concert last night also. I thought it was great, but I felt is was definitely a more mature Miley than when I saw her in 2007.

We are going to the Charlotte show on 11/24 and was wondering who the opening act and if anyone had a set listing. Would love to make sure my 7 year old knows all the words to all the songs.

Thanks

We are going to the Charlotte show on 11/24 and was wondering who the opening act and if anyone had a set listing. Would love to make sure my 7 year old knows all the words to all the songs.

Thanks

Miley's older brother, Trace. He has a song that you may know, Shake It. My daughter who is 9 really liked the band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter