So what ya asking Santa for?

Someone else's or your own? :lmao:

Wodsworth: "How many husbands have you had?"
Mrs. White: "Mine or other women's?"
Wodsworth: "Yours"
Mrs. White: "4"
Wodsworth: "4?"
Mrs. White: "Yes, only 4. Men should be like tissues. Strong, sensitive, and disposable."

Oh, and I totally forgot the point of this thread.

I have no clue what DP is going to buy me. Probably nothing (as I deal with all of the money and he doesn't get any more than a bit of an allowance. Our bills get paid that way :rotfl: ).

From my family, I'm getting a new food processor and a mixing bowl. I love working in the kitchen and those things get pricey. :thumbsup2

Wodsworth: "How many husbands have you had?"
Mrs. White: "Mine or other women's?"
Wodsworth: "Yours"
Mrs. White: "4"
Wodsworth: "4?"
Mrs. White: "Yes, only 4. Men should be like tissues. Strong, sensitive, and disposable."

Rich would be good to add to that list -
but then the analogy doesn't work.

Either!! LOL

BTW I loooooooooove CLUE!!!

maybe we could arrange a trade?

Anyone want to trade their husband for some of glenpreece's stuff?-
I'm sure he's got a nice toaster or an old sweater he could offer in exchange.

maybe we could arrange a trade?

Anyone want to trade their husband for some of glenpreece's stuff?-
I'm sure he's got a nice toaster or an old sweater he could offer in exchange.

Hmm, I need a blender....

I'd check on whether they have different versions for "European French" and "Canadian French" before expecting it to help you in Montreal.

When I (attempt to) speak French I use a mixture of European and Canadian French since even in Canada the French as a Second Language education system is based on European French. But, the French that you actually hear and get to use is French Canadian. I had a roommate (in the US) who just thought my French was really bad (which it is now, but, wasn't then) until she happened to hear a French Canadian newscast one day. She was shocked by how different it was--I tried pointing out that I'd told her this before, but, she really believed that my French was just wrong.

I should add...European French will be generally understood in Montreal, it's just not so likely to help you understand conversations between native French Canadians unless you are extremely fluent.
ahhhh this is good to know
Yes, my point wasn't that you won't be understood, but, that if your rationale for learning it is to understand the conversations that you overhear then it probably won't work.

yes I would love to understand conversations..........seems like most i have encountered in Montreal are bilingual, because I just say I only speak English if someone starts talking to me in French, and then they switch over.
I would love to be bilingual though then I would have known what the snotty hotel check in clerk on one of our trips, was saying about me in French to her co-worker.........:rotfl2:
I could tell it was something not nice. hehe

yes I would love to understand conversations..........seems like most i have encountered in Montreal are bilingual, because I just say I only speak English if someone starts talking to me in French, and then they switch over.
I would love to be bilingual though then I would have known what the snotty hotel check in clerk on one of our trips, was saying about me in French to her co-worker.........:rotfl2:
I could tell it was something not nice. hehe

I've watching this language subplot to the thread with interest. You see I used to travel to Montreal fairly regularly for business. This was a couple years ago before I quit coloring my hair and EVERYBODY there ALWAYS tried speaking to me in French -- before switching to English after recognizing my complete lack of comprehension. (I think it was because I look Métis.) More than once, the subsequent switch to English was a smidge less than completely friendly. (I'm thinkin' of your experience with the hotel clerk here.) A francophone friend explained some of the internal history between the French-speaking culture and the English-speaking culture and that moment of frostiness made more sense. A few words made my trips there MUCH more uniformly friendly. There were: "Je ne comprends pas. Je viens d'Arizona." As soon as the other person realized that I was not Canadian, my lack of French was no longer a problem. Montreal -- BEAUTIFUL City!

Vacation Planner technically

Ok. Ok. Ok. He's a Vacation Planner. I'll trade mine for a trip to somewhere warm, with cheap booze, nice eye candy, and not too many 'natives' running around trying to hock there trinkets as souvenirs.::yes::

I'll trade mine for a trip to somewhere warm, with cheap booze, nice eye candy, and not too many 'natives' running around trying to hock there trinkets as souvenirs.::yes::

But if you trade him, who is gonna pay for the trip? :lmao:

I have been a lurker in this section I have posted a few times in the others. Weird considering this is soooo where I should be....LOL. My wifey and I are going to WDW 1/27/09 and that is our gift to eachother.

We decided to adopt a family to get gifts for...I cant not go shopping. So we are asking Santa for his help with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter