So.... That Latest Dining Video...

We will be in Batuu on 11/26! Yes I am going to try the meatless meatballs. I love trying plant based food, but I am not a vegetarian.
@SaintsManiac Fantastic! Hope you have a wonderful experience and meal, and a magical pixiedust: trip!

Do NOT make eye contact with any Storm Troopers! :lmao: (don't even know if they'e GOT eyes - mask contact?)

I read (or at least took seriously) were from regular viewers who noted some hypocrisy (eg. Pete often reciting at length "Respect the cast members". "Park etiquette". "You're not the only one in the park").

I am sorry but Pete is suffering from a dose of other people are the issue, not me.
During the Tuesday show they mentioned special dietary preferences (ones for preference, not actual allergies) are becoming overwhelming for chefs and places outside of Disney are pulling it back. Pete said, oh not me, I might ask here or there, once in awhile.

What? Pete you are/were on Keto, we see you ask often in just the vlogs. Is that wrong? No. I am absolutely not saying that. It’s your claim this is becoming a problem. I would imagine Pete is polite in his requests and tips well. But I don’t know. It felt out of touch, to not recognize he is one of the folks asking for those little changes.

Last edited:
I saw the backlash on Twitter and my first thought -- as always with anything Twitter related -- is Twitter isn't real life. It's a place for a relatively small number of people to go and spout off about anything they are faux-outraged about. The majority of the posts I saw on the matter were from people who had never even watched DisUnplugged and didn't know who Pete was. They just piggy-backed onto this random video someone shared to spew shade because that's what happens on social media sites. (The same can largely be said for Reddit and YouTube comment sections.) It's 95 percent toxic.

All this is to say: One of the the things that makes all the podcasts, vlogs, etc., great is Pete's personality -- specifically his onscreen presence. He's not some biased shill, he's passionate about his job and that sometimes results in an over-the-top reaction. What I saw in the clip in question was simply Pete being Pete... and if the haters on SM had watched more than just that one clip they'd realize they weren't getting an entitled jerk (as I heard one say) but a guy being himself! Put it another way: Pete is like a radio talk show host in that he has to have strong opinions and be willing to unapologetically share them to be successful. I tune in to get his unbiased and critical thoughts -- I want the good and the bad because they help me and my family to shape our trips. Just wanted to share my thoughts. I say don't change, Pete; keeping bringing the heat!

PS: The best news is that any social media pile-on lasts, on average, about 47 minutes so everyone is on to the next thing anyway.

All this is to say: One of the the things that makes all the podcasts, vlogs, etc., great is Pete's personality -- specifically his onscreen presence. He's not some biased shill, he's passionate about his job and that sometimes results in an over-the-top reaction. What I saw in the clip in question was simply Pete being Pete... and if the haters on SM had watched more than just that one clip they'd realize they weren't getting an entitled jerk (as I heard one say) but a guy being himself! Put it another way: Pete is like a radio talk show host in that he has to have strong opinions and be willing to unapologetically share them to be successful. I tune in to get his unbiased and critical thoughts -- I want the good and the bad because they help me and my family to shape our trips. Just wanted to share my thoughts. I say don't change, Pete; keeping bringing the heat!

PS: The best news is that any social media pile-on lasts, on average, about 47 minutes so everyone is on to the next thing anyway.

....and from the very few interactions I’ve had with Pete, he’s a darn good man with a big heart.

Hate to say it, but I kinda get the reaction to this vlog. It’s Ofcourse entirely overblown like most things on the internet but when I watched the vlog it felt a little too much. The stormtrooper interaction just made me roll my eyes slightly but the treatment of the boys was too much.

Pete is the main reason i follow the podcast/vlogs etc. when he's not on the weekly show i enjoy it far less. i really admire pete so this comes from the right place, i am no hater. i don't mean to disrespect the other team members either, the show is just better with Pete at the wheel.

on this particular video - he played it all wrong. that could've been a seriously fun moment with Pete being confronted (in character) by a trooper, instead of shooing the guy off camera. a LOT of the criticism in the thread is valid.

the bit where steve is talking and he's making faces- yeah, again, poorly done by him. too many eyerolls/funny faces. i get it.

overall i think the discussion in this thread is warranted, and i'm willing to just chalk it up to a bad day at work / not in the mood, wanting to wrap the video up etc. i do not see it as him being a jerk or needing to apologize.

Just watched the video, Max, and I gotta say, "THIS is what all the fuss is about?" Give me a break. Pete's faces were hilarious while Steve was again saying how much better DL is. No meaness from Pete at all. The little fuss over calling spaghetti "sketti" was a bunch of nothing. And Fiasco made his point that it was a kids meal, so?
The thing with the storm trooper? Pete asked him quietly not to talk as he was filming. What's wrong with that? Deni decided to interact and that's fine too.
Really, much ado about nothing, IMO.
Personally I am the type of person who does not like interaction with characters at all; just feel awkward and odd that 's all. But if a storm trooper came up to me, I would probably not notice because I would have fainted. I am afraid of them. I know, I know, irrational but there it is. I will avoid them if possible, and if not, I will say yes sir, yes sir to him.:) LOL!

Can i just say I am so over the "plant based" craze? I detest the term. Eating a "plant" sounds so unappetizing...like who wants to eat a fern? And like somehow being "plant based" makes it better? Cocaine is plant based too, you know.

But I'm getting to be a grumpy old fart, so there's that.

Can i just say I am so over the "plant based" craze? I detest the term. Eating a "plant" sounds so unappetizing...like who wants to eat a fern? And like somehow being "plant based" makes it better? Cocaine is plant based too, you know.

But I'm getting to be a grumpy old fart, so there's that.
Plant based is just code for high sodium and overly processed food. When you see plant based on the menu, it almost always the least healthy option.

Okay I am glad someone else is perplexed by this term. I was reading Deni’s article about the new plant based gingerbread loaf. And...I was like I think my bread has always been plant based?!

Last edited:
Okay I am glad someone else is perplexed by this term. I was reading Deni’s article about the new plant based gingerbread loaf. And...I was like I think my bread has always been plant based?!

Saying plant based instead of vegan is a way of broadening the appeal. Being vegan is a lifestyle and people identify as vegans. When a dish is labeled vegan, many people who are not vegan will just skip over it (“I’m not a vegan, so why would I get this?”) Plant based is an attempt to make it sound more inclusive and not just for one type of diet.

It’s a messaging trend. Vegans will still get the plant-based option because they know it’s vegan. Using the plant-based language is an attempt to appeal to people who aren’t opposed to eating animal products but could sub a plant-based option from time to time.

Last edited:
Is there no show today? Was really interested to see/hear their reaction to the reaction...

Pete was clearly being a little grumpy but who isn't grumpy at work when things don't go as planned. i promise the older we get the worse it gets. its an effort not to be that way. I am truly concerned about how mean people are on social media. looks like we all need to checkup (question snd correct) our behavior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!