So Pete’s a licenced Real Estate Agent...

Gotta make money somehow. Those cruise ships will be docked for years. No one's traveling outside the US. The travel agency business could get mighty competitive and many could go out of business altogether with the lack of vacation choices around the country and world. Let the guy earn a buck after this takes its course.

Gotta make money somehow. Those cruise ships will be docked for years. No one's traveling outside the US. The travel agency business could get mighty competitive and many could go out of business altogether with the lack of vacation choices around the country and world. Let the guy earn a buck after this takes its course.

No one is faulting Pete for trying to make money. Heck, he's a business owner, that's his first and foremost goal! We're just talking about how the Moving and DVC podcasts are naturally going to be skewed.

I think there is some useful information in this show. But I’ll never move to FL because of the humidity and hurricanes.
I don't know if we will ever actually move but we would at least like to buy a vacation property there. So having an unbiased resource for information is so important. That's why folks in this thread are concerned. If Pete can no longer be that unbiased source that's unfortunate.

I don't know if we will ever actually move but we would at least like to buy a vacation property there. So having an unbiased resource for information is so important. That's why folks in this thread are concerned. If Pete can no longer be that unbiased source that's unfortunate.

If he’s licensed, then he’s most likely restricted in what he can and cannot say. That’s not necessarily biased. He has to follow the rules to keep his license.

If he’s licensed, then he’s most likely restricted in what he can and cannot say. That’s not necessarily biased. He has to follow the rules to keep his license.
Well maybe biased isn't the right word but a licensed agent can't speak freely. A lot of the stuff people most want to know is the stuff an agent isn't allowed to tell them.

Well maybe biased isn't the right word but a licensed agent can't speak freely. A lot of the stuff people most want to know is the stuff an agent isn't allowed to tell them.

Craig sounded pretty honest about where he lived. And Danny seemed to love renting in Celebration. I’m not sure about the other areas.

One of my friends lives in Kissimmee and seems to like it. I’ve only gone to FL on vacation when the weather has been most perfect. That’s a lot different from living there. And I have never been there during a hurricane.

Okay curiosity killed the cat, I saw they had an episode up of MTO this morning and then pulled it soon after.

I am assuming it was recorded before Pete got his license, it had technical issues or someone suggested the steak had an excellent price per value. :poop:

Did anyone watch it before it was pulled or am I imagining things?

So everything is always buyer be informed! We have some local radio stations that have financial advice people which is informative, but we know they are in the business and trying to get more business. Doesn't mean I don't listen to it and gain information. Same with these shows if you are interested in Orlando.
I was looking to rent a home in a neighborhood we'd lived in previously (moved away then back to same area). Found a house we liked. Realtor asked us what other places we were looking at, and then suggested that one of the other homes might be a really good choice. We wondered why, since it seemed like he didn't want us to rent home he was listing. Our good friend was a local and started asking friends about th situation. Turned out someone living across the street had been arrested for child molestation and was awaiting trial (out on bail). We had two children who were in the exact same demographic as his alleged victims. Realtor couldn't tell us that, but he did hint that we may be happier elsewhere. Did he cross the line? I have no idea because he was very vague. We appreciated it, but could never thank him, since he never "told" us anything.
Lesson is do lots of research and know what you want. Listen to what is said as well as what isn't said. You've enjoyed content about WDW etc knowing Pete owned a travel business. You can enjoy his moving to Orlando content knowing he's a realtor. Knowledge is power.

it would appear they were blacklisted and can't be mentioned by name.
Someone's name is censored? Was this someone on the Moving to Orlando show? I am now curious. I have only seen a few of the more recent episodes, so how far back would I need to go to figure out who Lord Voldemort is?

While Pete and Sean can not say anything negative or concerns they have about an area on the MTO show. Same with the brokers on the DVC show. There is no stopping Fiasco or Craig or Ryno from saying what they don't like about an area. Since one of them is always there (I can't keep straight who is producing what some days other than Fiasco produces the DVC show and uses the greeting welcome home) it is an easy enough situation to get around. There are also the MdTO segments that have others who are not on the team as well as some with members of the team (Sean, Craig, Ryno so far that I have seen) where they talk about their experience, why they choose the area they did, and what they like and dislike about it.
While chances are I will never move to FL I do enjoy watching because if I ever get that knock on my door with a big check I plan on finding a nice place so when I am older and my husband is retired I can get out of the cold from November to at least February maybe March. I figure if I am not going to have a white Christmas (we have had too many years that it doesn't seem to be snow for after the first part of December until mid to late January) I would rather have a green one than a brown one. If nothing else it gives me an idea where friends from online groups (those yahoo groups that were out on every topic usually related to parenting until they shut down recently) are talking about when they mention that they live in various places around the Orlando area and are going over for the day to another place. I like being able to go in my mind ok you are here and going to here and have a general picture especially if I am not on my computer and can pull up google maps (my phone one keeps wanting to reset to my location even though I tell it to turn off locations unless i state to trun on and give me directions) or have an atlas handy and know generally where I am looking.

No Florida State Tax, No Florida Estate Tax, which is Awesome for your heirs. Housing is much less expensive and much better, newer choices than most communities up north. If you have lived in a northern state, maybe you are tired of the cold winters and shoveling snow. Do your research and due diligence if you are thinking of moving. I highly recommend renting for at least a year before jumping into a purchase. Try to rent in a town that you would be considering a purchase in, that way, over the course of the year, by speaking with people you get to know the positives and negatives. Visit grocery stores, restaurants before you decide on a place and walk around. If you are a family, do your research well on the schools, INCLUDING growth in the community which may result in new schools being built. IF you jump into a purchase, be sure to thoroughly do your research with the town on the plans for the surrounding area, including schools. We visited a community where folks built and a high school is going up right in the backyard of the resident with single family homes. I wonder if those folks did their research on a high school in your backyard(noise, traffic, lights for fields, etc.) Living anywhere full time is much different than vacationing. Good luck to those thinking of relocating! ::yes::

I don't think an agent can speculate to clients about areas where they think the land values will skyrocket or be in decline either.

In the end, the agent is looking to make a sale too. As many have mentioned, one needs to do their own research.

Someone's name is censored? Was this someone on the Moving to Orlando show? I am now curious. I have only seen a few of the more recent episodes, so how far back would I need to go to figure out who Lord Voldemort is?
The shows featuring he who shall not be named have been removed from all of the video channels.

Weird. I agree with others that it would be nice to have non real estate people on the show to offer a different perspective since there are legal hurdles for agents.

Last edited:
I don't see what one has to do with the other. If anything Pete would be a good agent because he would likely be less discriminating and really uphold Fair Housing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!