SO: Ironing thread

Do you own an iron?

• Total voters

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
So do you even OWN an iron? Just seems a lot of my under 40 co-workers don't even own an iron, let alone iron.

No (51) but my DD (23) does. She sometimes works “Front of the house” so needs to look professional. I just need to go to Target or grocery shopping so not so much.

I was about to answer yes, but because we just moved I double checked with my husband, “Did we pack the iron?” He said no, so apparently we no longer own an iron. :laughing: No big loss, I’d only used it twice in the past 20 years.

I had one, an old one that I gave to my youngest DS when he moved to the base in 2012. Apparently the Air Force liked the iron look over my son's mother's look.

I did buy one a couple of years ago. I've never plugged it in but it's there so that I can answer yes on a DIS poll. :teeth:

Yes and I use it a few times a week.

Perhaps someone has some ideas/suggestions

If I fold something - it has the lines on my shirts/tops.

If I hang a shirt/top, I get the "hanger hooks" on the shoulders....so pressing it is

I actually just bought a new one. My in-laws broke my other one a while back and it was just collecting dust. I don't iron much, but I do prefer it over the steamer when the occasion arises (which is rare).

I had an amazing Rowenta that I will not admit how much I paid for it yet felt sure it would be the last iron I'd ever owned when I purchased it. Was a full fledged empty nester and no longer needed to think about rug rats breaking things.
It was soooooo nice a dressmaker friend used to come over to my house to use it.

Alas, I briefly gained a DIL and lost an iron. She felt...uncomfortable using the ironing board (read too lazy) so one night left it on the bed plugged in and thermostat on. I didn't mind the hole she burned into the mattress (needed a new one anyway) as much as the iron.
Now I use the lighter weight one I bought my mother at her request. Such is life.

I own and use my iron. I could use Downey wrinkle release or fold my laundry the minute it comes out of the dryer, but it takes me about 90 seconds to iron a top or skirt so I don't mind.

Eta: I fully admit to looking for clothes that don't need to be ironed, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

Last edited:
I voted yes. I also have the tall screechy when setting up and putting away ironing board. I did just buy a small table top ironing board that I can't wait to try out although that won't work for me when ironing seams on a big quilt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter