So explain borrowing to me....

CLE2WDW

Mouseketeer
Suppose I have a contract with 250 points that has an anniversary for October. I have zero points available in 2019 and I have 250 points coming in October of 2020. How far in advance can I borrow? Specific example: if it’s January 2020 can I borrow my 250 points coming in October to book at stay 7 months out at my non-home resort? Thank you!

Booking date is not the issue. It is date of stay.

Points for October 2020, if borrowed into the prior UY, would need to be used by September 30, 2020.

So a 7 month booking in January would be for (uly or August 2020, and that would work. But you could not borrow the October 2020 points for a stay starting before October 1, 2019.

Suppose I have a contract with 250 points that has an anniversary for October. I have zero points available in 2019 and I have 250 points coming in October of 2020. How far in advance can I borrow?

Just for reference:

Oct 2020 UY pts are valid for stays from October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021.

If you borrow them into your 2019 UY, they would be valid for stays from October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020. (Banking and borrowing are both final transactions, so those borrowed pts cannot be moved again and will expire at the end of their new UY.)

So if you wanted to use those borrowed 2020 UY pts for a stay that begins on October 1, 2019, you could have booked that stay 11 months out for your home resort (call or go online on November 1, 2018.)

So that would have been the earliest possible date for using those borrowed pts.

One other point since you are new to DVC. You can borrow up to all the points. So if you need to borrow 125 of the 250, the other 125 will stay in the original use year. But the borrowed points will have the changed use year and if you had to cancel the trip you would have to use them before that use year expires.

The non home resort can be booked with borrowed points 7 months out from the planned stay. So for example if you wanted a April 2020 stay, you could book that this September 2019 borrowing points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter