SO CHILLY HERE wdw now! right now!

Why would you not ride Splash in 72 degree weather ? Why would you not ride Splash in any weather. Most of the ride is indoors, and the drop is outside and you barely get wet.
In colder weather they do regulate the water sorays.
First, I've gotten soaked on splash, even in winter. Cold splashes in summer are refreshing, but miserable when it's not hot out.
Second, the inside portion of splash is uncomfortably cold, especially if one is at all wet. (I shiver in there even in summer.) It feels somewhat refreshing when it's super hot outside, but not so much when it isn't.
Third, in summer I usually wear non-jean shorts that dry quickly and don't show wetness. When it's cool out, I wear jeans (I don't own khakis or sweatpants, and I'm not wearing leggings in public). I can't stand wet jeans, even if it's a small area. Jeans take forever to dry; and wet jeans stick to skin and make me itch. Additionally, in summer I wear tank tops that dry quickly (and any water on skin both dries fast or can be easily wiped away). When it's cool, there's more fabric (long sleeves) to get wet and hold it close to your body. I also wear sandals in summer (dry quickly, less material in contact with skin); closed shoes and socks worn when it's cool get wet and stay wet, and hold that wetness close to your feet.

I am in NY. This morning, the temperature here is 23 degrees, and feels like 18, and I'm getting ready to go work outside for the next several hours. I would LOVE to be in 70 degree weather right now!

And it is NASTY in Orlando when it hits those temperatures (though 22 is lower than it was...28 was our morning at IOA in December 2010 when we rode the Hippogriff coaster 14 times in a row). Glad it's not there!
Yeah 28 in FL that's cold that's even cold for me but it would be less of an issue if it was sunny with no wind.

14 times! That's awesome even with the cold temps I would probably have a frozen face though after that :rotfl2:

We were in WDW for 2/5- 2/11 last year and it was cold! As in need a sweater and a jacket cold. Coming from New Orleans it was quite a shock for us because we expected the weather to be warm. When that wind blows in off the water and hits your neck you can definitely feel it!

We were in WDW for 2/5- 2/11 last year and it was cold! As in need a sweater and a jacket cold. Coming from New Orleans it was quite a shock for us because we expected the weather to be warm. When that wind blows in off the water and hits your neck you can definitely feel it!

We were there the end of February last year as well and even being from NJ and having gorgeous FL weather all week (no rain, low humidity, low to mid 70s) I still wore a sweatshirt on a couple of nights after the sun went down.

Most of the ride is indoors, and the drop is outside and you barely get wet.

The last time I rode Splash, I looked like I'd been tossed in a dunk tank. That is not "barely" getting wet, in my opinion. I wouldn't ride unless it's at least 80 degrees out.

I've been to FL a few times in January. You can tell, for the most part, who is local and who is from up north. January 2014 was particularly frigid where I live. The wind chill was below zero (sometimes significantly) the whole week we were in FL. I think schools were closed 3 days. One morning, the wind chill in FL was 35 and it didn't even feel cold to me! The highs ranged from mid 50s to 70. We had a great trip.

Was at MK yesterday and it was fabulous! Shorts and tshirt and quite hot, to me at least. Rode splash twice and dried off in no time.

Monday was not as sunny and took me hours to dry off but loving it so far!

it is 27 degrees here in upstate NY - snowing a bit
72 degrees would be nice :)

We are here right now and it's perfect!
We are wearing shorts. DD11 even went swimming!
Yeah... some here must be smoking the peace pipe.
We live in Orlando and have not seen freezing temps in 2+ years. During normal daylight hours I've seen the occasional 40's in January, but that's rare.

That said, anyone that comes in January (by far our coldest month) without some warm clothing, have not done their homework.

MG

We are here right now and it's perfect!
We are wearing shorts. DD11 even went swimming!
It wasn't perfect at Epcot last night. It rained for about 30 minutes late afternoon, early evening. It turned cool-ish and overcast afterwards with a good breeze and kept getting cooler as the night went on. Am glad I had a light coat. Good thing the wind died down just in time for Illuminations.

It wasn't perfect at Epcot last night. It rained for about 30 minutes late afternoon, early evening. It turned cool-ish and overcast afterwards with a good breeze and kept getting cooler as the night went on. Am glad I had a light coat. Good thing the wind died down just in time for Illuminations.

It sprinkled/lightly rained on us at MK for a few minutes, but it wasn't so bad. I wonder if the wind is blocked somewhat more at MK.

Hmmm. Yes, I am cold. Because it is 31 degrees right now, and that's warmer than it's been in a few days.
I would like to be at WDW. But I am in Michigan...

This whole thing reminds me of my night in Havana a month ago. I'd reserved a car to take me to the Hotel Nacional for dinner and the Cabaret. I had on a maxi sundress - it was about 72-74. The driver offered to put the windows up and I said "No. I'm fine." He looked at me and said "No tienes frio?" I shook my head and said "No. Nueva York esta fria! La Habana no esta fria!!"

It's all about perspective.

72 degrees sounds like heaven.
I'd just be happy to just be someplace without snow. I'm in Maine... in a medium red area, and that's not accounting for drifting!

sd1_today.jpg

I'm definitely laughing here. I've lived in northern Illinois my whole life. It's supposed to be in the 60's this weekend - that's almost shorts weather here!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter