SO CHILLY HERE wdw now! right now!

kiki02

DIS Veteran
Gonna need another jacket for the next few days!!!

is anyone else cold? :)))))

Nothin' beats fun at Disney parks!

Last edited:
Cool - maybe. Chilly or cold? Probably not.
I'd say it's cold for me personally. (Most people would prob feel cool enough to warrant a sweatshirt.) We're from AK, but after a few mos living in TX, we're wearing winter coats and using seat warmers at 60°, and we all feel like we're going hypothermic if we try to swim when it's below 95° (and DH was known for wearing shorts all winter long in New England). Even after moving north, our blood still hasn't thickened up; can't wait to move back south.

I always find it funny to see how people react differently to the same temperature. Last time we were in Orlando we were heading out of the hotel in the morning. In the elevator we met another family. They were all bundled up in coats and jeans and were shivering. We were in shorts and t-shirts and very comfortable. We all laughed and chatted about the weather. They were from Miami and we are from Canada so the same temp felt very different to the two families. 72-75 would be shorts and t-shirts for us.

Chilly is just not the adjective that I would use though sure to each their own. It feels like 37 and overnight the feels like will drop to 22 where I'm at; that to me is chilly to me..70s even with no sun is not chilly perse..sure it may be cooler but I still wouldn't call it chilly. If there is a breeze and no humidity to the air thus the air feels cooler I might wear a light jacket...but not multiple jackets.

Soooo funny! Moving from NE to south has totally changed my "cold" meter. I LOVE the sun/heat here.
But when it's mid 70s now, I wear a sweater! Actually bring a sweater everywhere now, year round!

I recall years back ....a trip to AKL... it was in the mid-high 60's maybe low 70?? and the lifeguards were in Parka's!
We took photos and sent them back home up north. We all laughed. Now... I get it ....lol

When u get used to Hot/warm.. it crazily feels chilly at 70!

If you're cold there now, we were there last week of January and it was in the low to mid 40's... it was GREAT!!!

Yeah... even now it's 70° here going on 11 pm. It's was mid 80's earlier.
Perhaps we misread the OP's post. They may have been saying it's cold where they live so get me to WDW???

MG

Ugh. Last time we were there was marathon weekend. Temps plummeted to the 40s with wind chills in the 30s. I don't wanna hear chilly in the 70s. We frickin froze!

I ran the full on Sunday morning which meant getting up at 2am on the coldest morning of the last year or two,34 degrees and wind chill feel like temp of 24,the wind was intense and I just sat on the floor covered up by a blanket until the race started,even people who live in the cold said that morning was even worse than from where they come from.The last week or so the only time its been somewhat cool was at night when the sun goes down,cool but nothing too bad.

Our trip is in two weeks and it still hasn't fully registered in my brain that there is a possibility that we may need to wear jackets and pants at Disney cause our past trips were in May and August :laughing:. I've been reading that the mornings can be chilly but it warms up to the 70's and lower 80's in the afternoon. We'll pack jackets and hoodies for sure, but coming from PA it will take some convincing to get my kids to not wear shorts all day, every day at Disney. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least a couple days where it's warm enough to hit the pool. DH is just happy that he won't lose a belt size from sweating like we did on our August trip. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter