So anyone watch the new Loki yet?

Marek Zyskowski

Unsophisticated traveler from Northern Highlands
So anyone watch the new Loki yet? I believe today is the day and it would be nice to have something new released on Wednesdays. I like watching TV in the middle of the week. :)

So anyone watch the new Loki yet? I believe today is the day and it would be nice to have something new released on Wednesdays. I like watching TV in the middle of the week. :)

not yet going to watch it tonight. I like how it comes out on a Wednesday. Especially now since all we have is reruns.

I really enjoyed episode 1. Although…

The inclusion of Josta was both hilarious and disturbing. I know it’s cool to have 90’s references, but Josta was seriously the worst drink ever created and should never be mentioned again.

I really enjoyed episode 1. Although…

The inclusion of Josta was both hilarious and disturbing. I know it’s cool to have 90’s references, but Josta was seriously the worst drink ever created and should never be mentioned again.
They really made a great effort to create a new environment. It really looks like everything is setup for some good story telling. That matters a lot and I am looking to see where things go. I also pleasantly noticed the Tom Hiddleston was credited as an executive producer.

My whole family loved it!!! Even though Episode 1 is a set up show, it was sooo good and well done!!! Can't wait for the next episode!

What is Loki supposed to be about? I know that from the preview Loki is sent to prison and that's all I know about it so far? My dad wants to watch Loki because he is a fan of Thor and would Loki be worth watching?

What is Loki supposed to be about? I know that from the preview Loki is sent to prison and that's all I know about it so far? My dad wants to watch Loki because he is a fan of Thor and would Loki be worth watching?
Should be relatively obvious from the trailers, but spoiler tags just to be safe:
It picks up right after the events of Avengers: Endgame. After Loki uses the tesseract to escape S.H.I.E.L.D. (in 2012), he is arrested by Marvel's version of time cops and is subsequently recruited to help them capture the big bad guy.

WAY better than the start of Falcon and the Winter Soldier...and like all the series, it's got a way different "tone set" than the other 2. I actually really loved the premiere and now have it on my watch list...

My mom saw Loki a few minutes ago and she liked it and she thought it was well done. I had no idea that Owen Wilson was in Loki as well and I don't know how he got on Loki but Mom says he's great in it

I enjoyed the first episode and am looking forward to the series. I must admit I was a bit disappointed that Owen Wilson did not say "Ka-Chow!" once during the episode though. :earboy2:
I was disappointed that the TVA workers were not all clones of Wilson (or, at least, Melissa Villasenor as Wilson as a TVA worker)

I really enjoyed the first episode. Can't wait to see what they do now some of the worldbuilding is out of the way.

And I know it was in the trailer, but seeing Loki as DB Cooper in the first episode was a nice surprise.

I also think that Marvel copied the NBC show Quantum Leap because that's what Loki reminded Mom of. I think I might give Loki a watch myself after my mom watches it to see if I like it

I don't see the similarities at all to be honest, but it's early. The one part that matches up to Quantum Leap might be the plane sequence, but that feels more like "Untold Tales of Spider-Man" (an excellent comic book series) than Quantum Leap.

Overall I'm getting an "Exiles" (another fun series) vibe, minus the team. Although if they want to bring back Jamie Chung as Blink I won't complain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!