Snow White's Enchanted Wish

I expect it will be the next one to get a major refurb. Pretty much all the other Fantasyland ones have (not sure about Mr. Toad's and that is already a different style with all the 2d props and tight spaces over bigger show scenes).
This just makes me even sadder to see the Magic Kingdom one gone. Wish I would have been plussed like this. Especially since it could have kept some of the other elements like the dark forest since it already had the ending scene after the witch's death. Still hate it was removed for a meet and greet, especailly when there were so few dark rides in Fantasyland there compared to DL already.

Apparently the new ending is receiving some online backlash for being inappropriate...
I feel like the “backlash” is not really a thing. It’s like one person who posted something, probably clickbaity, and now everyone’s up in arms... but actually there is no widespread backlash at all. People just like having something to get worked up about.

I think projection should be used sparingly and it seems either over-utilized, or miss-utilized from what I've seen in the videos. I'm a bit sad about the removal of some elements and appreciate the addition of some others. Can't wait to see it in real-life.

I'm hoping we'll get to ride it during our next trip, but if the line is crazy we'll likely just skip it.

I think projection should be used sparingly and it seems either over-utilized, or miss-utilized from what I've seen in the videos. I'm a bit sad about the removal of some elements and appreciate the addition of some others. Can't wait to see it in real-life.
I think the projections added are really well done on this attraction. It's still a "C" ride, but a plussed up "C" ride. The storyline is definitely cohesive now. My little iPhone couldn't take decent shots, but the attraction was modified in a really good way.

573183 573184

573185 573186

I think the projections added are really well done on this attraction. It's still a "C" ride, but a plussed up "C" ride. The storyline is definitely cohesive now. My little iPhone couldn't take decent shots, but the attraction was modified in a really good way.

View attachment 573183 View attachment 573184

View attachment 573185 View attachment 573186

You've known me long enough to know I'm hyper critical about changes and have a penchant for practical effects.

I felt like the projections were used well from what I could tell in the videos. There really only seemed to be one real screen based moments and the rest of the projections are more adding ambience to the scenery or changing the colors for dramatic effects, like the witch turning and apple changing, which I think were great additions. Feel like they are enhancing the scenes instead of being the focus.
I do miss some of the previous elements though as mentioned like the forest scenes and stuff, but considering they had to add scenes to the existing footprint I can understand their removal. They weren't needed for the story and the new ending gives it a full cohesive story now that the original didn't really have. That's why I would have loved to see this enhancement given to Magic Kingdom's version as it had a complete story already so wouldn't have needed much scene changes or removals/additions just plussing what was there.

It feels really rushed. Some scenes are too short from one to the other. Maybe slow the vehicles down a bit.

I thought it was an impressive remaster. The original was never beloved to me like Mr. Toad (the perfect dark ride) and it was well known it ended laughably abruptly. Snow White now feels like a more complete dark ride. I agree it feels rushed but that's the nature of its footprint.

I thought it was an impressive remaster. The original was never beloved to me like Mr. Toad (the perfect dark ride) and it was well known it ended laughably abruptly. Snow White now feels like a more complete dark ride. I agree it feels rushed but that's the nature of its footprint.
Agree-- we saw it yesterday and it felt more complete, more cohesive. Good work Imagineers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter