Snow White's Enchanted Wish

Disney Parks Blog announced the changes to Snow White's Scary Adventures including the renaming of the attraction. I'm excited to experience this when the park reopens. Everything looks pretty good.

I'm curious how they redid the ending. I hope it's nothing like Ariel's Undersea Adventure where you see that blink-and-you-miss-it moment of Ursula dying.

i’ve been using the term cautiously optimistic about this today.

The scary aspect gave it a unique feel, so i’m hoping that with taking the lighter side of the story, they found another way to give it something special. I’m betting that there will be something cool in the middle of the ride since they’ve been avoiding anything about that section so far.

I do think they will either be omitting the queen’s death or greatly minimizing it.

Like I said, cautiously optimistic.

I wonder if the queen will still appear in the window above the entrance? I hope they keep that special effect operating somehow
From the TikTok video in the blog post, it looks like the gold apple that was at the entrance is no longer there. So, I'm worried about the queen in the window.

From the TikTok video in the blog post, it looks like the gold apple that was at the entrance is no longer there. So, I'm worried about the queen in the window.
The gold apple was probably moved because of the touch-risk. Possibly it could be moved back when COVID is no longer such an issue. The evil queen in the window causes no health risk other than maybe people crowding to take photos? But that didn't happen before the closure, so maybe it wouldn't happen after the reopening.

The cabin has been plussed with a dancing Snow White. And the mine has been plussed with more lights and projections. Clear videos of those changes and they look good!

There’s sort of an implication that at least some of the “scary” elements may have been removed, but there’s not much to go on. In a very short clip at the end of the TikTok video it looks like the “scary forest” section MIGHT have been changed to a “7 dwarfs head to work” section.

So very curious about the skeletons in the dungeon (my bet is they’re gone), the Queen transforming into the crone (I HOPE this is NOT gone), and the couple instances of the crone popping up offering apples.

Beyond that, it seems apparent that the ending has been changed to turn the sudden and often confusing scream & “happily ever after” into something more definitive and clear.

Also, it sounds like the apple out front has been removed, but my hope is that it has been removed only temporarily for covid since it’s a high touch surface - and that its removal is not part of the overall remodel plan.

It looked a lot like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to me. Seems like they reused some of the same thematic elements.

Last edited:
I like what they have done with the ride, Snow White was always very absent in the ride, but I think most of the scary scenes will be still in there. Maybe having the dwarfs in the mine scene as well make it a bit more cheerful, or it makes the contrast bigger and even more scary ;-)

They say it's one of the most terrifying rides for kids in Disney parks, however, there is also a theory that it is because of the name.
'Scary' is a word kids understand and know 'scary' is something you should stay away from. 'Tower of Terror' is also one of those names that doesn't help to make your kid want to enter the building.

I don't remember if I rode it when I visited Disneyland in 2014, but in Disneyland Paris in the final scene you actually see Snow White and the prince together. I looked up some videos, but it looks like in DL you only have a storybook at the end, telling you they lived happily ever after?

I've heard about Snow White's Enchanted Wish and what I can see that Disneyland is trying to do is to update the Snow White's Scary Adventures ride by adding more of Snow White and changing the name to give it an entirely new storyline. What I cannot figure out is why some people say Snow White's Scary Adventures really is scary for kids because I have ridden it many times and I have found no scary parts in it whatsoever and the only thing that might scare young children is The Queen and the part where Snow White eats the apple and she falls into a deep sleep. So why I think Disneyland is trying to change Snow White's Scary Adventures to Snow White's Enchanted Wish is to have the ride have a happier ending but I also think that Disneyland has huge plans for Snow White like adding a new stage show to honor the Blu-Ray release of the movie. It won't be long till we see Sleeping Beauty Castle get refurbished and updated with a new name change to Disney Princess Castle. Because Snow White was the first ever Disney princess in Disney history I think Disney wants to give Snow White more attention than the other princesses and Snow White's Enchanted Wish will prove it

Snow White was always very absent in the ride...
You probably know that was intentional, just as it used to be with Peter Pan. The idea on both attractions was that you, the rider, *were* either SW or PP. When guests mentioned/complained that the characters were absent, a few were added. Towards the end of PP, for example, we now see PP dueling with Captain Hook. That didn’t used be there, or so I’ve read.

Last edited:
How was this new ride to anyone who has now gone it? :)
Delightful!

They basically cut out the creepy dungeon and scary trees and added a bunch of stuff! My husband couldn’t even remember what was missing. There are a couple of projections (less than Alice), and I think they’re thoughtfully and effectively used. Many new animatronic figures. We all loved it.

Delightful!

They basically cut out the creepy dungeon and scary trees and added a bunch of stuff! My husband couldn’t even remember what was missing. There are a couple of projections (less than Alice), and I think they’re thoughtfully and effectively used. Many new animatronic figures. We all loved it.

Totally agree with your husband. I couldn't even really remember what was in the ride and I used to work it years ago. LOL It's much more beautiful and sparkly, is the best way I can put it. Delightful!

The gold apple was probably moved because of the touch-risk. Possibly it could be moved back when COVID is no longer such an issue. The evil queen in the window causes no health risk other than maybe people crowding to take photos? But that didn't happen before the closure, so maybe it wouldn't happen after the reopening.
I asked the cast member about the apple and was told that it doesn't fit in with the Enchanted Wish Theme, and they couldn't think of a sound that would. I do hope they come up with something because that apple is such a cool touch.

I thought the attraction was very cute. They did a great job with it. They did get rid of a couple of scenes, and replace them with scenes that now complete the story.

I did record the attraction when I went on it. It's kind of fast. I don't watch what I record, so hope it's decent: https://www.facebook.com/disunplugged

Look for this: https://www.facebook.com/disunplugged

I was so pleased with the new Snow White! The feel is now similar to what I experience riding Peter Pan....happy and feel good. The evil Queen is still there but the dungeon, skeletons, unnecessarily gruesome scenes, are gone. It's a much more appropriate a ride for the 8 and under crowd.

(I don't want to get greedy, but if Pinocchio can get a redo, IMHO, Fantasyland would be perfect!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter